What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official WIS Sim XIII Draft Thread - The HoVG (3 Viewers)

1-11 to open the season49-29 sincenuts
much more surprised by the 1-11, as i thought you had the best team in the division (after me, of course). starting a 3-game series with Eephus tonight. somehow, inexplicably swept him first time through, and need a run here to get back into things. can't let you run away with it.

TRADES TRADES TRADES!

I have a number of underperformers on offense, especially in the OF that could be moved for another underperformer. Could consider trading Cecil Travis (SS) in a deal as well.

I hate having only one reliever I can count on (Eichhorn). I'd put him in as closer, but I feel the rest of the bullpen will #### up too much to get to him. So, he's a setup guy for my "all-star" closer that blows saves like Tori Black blows black people.

It's been a frustrating up and down year but just notched my second ever wis no hitter as Johnny Rigney gets a nono.

I've kind of checked out on this season, but I just went to look at my team's stats and saw Mark McGwire slugging .432 while Shane Mack is slugging .460.

I love this game.

Bip Roberts' hitting streak currently at 38 games. That would tie him for eighth among real-life all-time streaks.

Bip Roberts' hitting streak currently at 38 games. That would tie him for eighth among real-life all-time streaks.
He's been a nice surprise, I was planning on starting Randy Ready @ 2B primarily. Bip can play OF and 3B too which is nice.

Anyone have a bigger first round bust that this?

**** Allen -- .248/.348/.368 in 460 PAs so far this season. Only 11 HR, 7 doubles, and he tops it off with 119 K's.

No telling what kind of damage my team would be doing with a legit 1st round bat. I thought Allen had a good rep in these things....

Anybody want to play live? In SIM 1......
No, but I did notice in the FFA that Truckasaurus hunted you down for $40 from a basketball league. You still owe me $55 from the college football league a few years ago. I haven't threatened you with humiliation and posting your phone number, simply asked you nicely (and repeatedly) to pay up. I hope you'll do the honorable thing and square up this debt...

oso diablo said:
I'm opting not to discuss any streaks at the moment in hopes of avoiding a jinx.
so what's the all-time record for a winning streak in these things?
This is a good question.I know I hold the record for strangest winning streak. Back in one of the early sims I won a bunch in a row (I think 16) with a team that finished way below .500.I don't think my recent 17-gamer is a record, but it could be, not really sure.

Anyone have a bigger first round bust that this?**** Allen -- .248/.348/.368 in 460 PAs so far this season. Only 11 HR, 7 doubles, and he tops it off with 119 K's.No telling what kind of damage my team would be doing with a legit 1st round bat. I thought Allen had a good rep in these things....
Mike Scott 8-104.46 ERA1.45 WHIP.261 OAV3.88 BB/9I don't get it :thumbup:

Anyone have a bigger first round bust that this?**** Allen -- .248/.348/.368 in 460 PAs so far this season. Only 11 HR, 7 doubles, and he tops it off with 119 K's.No telling what kind of damage my team would be doing with a legit 1st round bat. I thought Allen had a good rep in these things....
Mike Scott 8-104.46 ERA1.45 WHIP.261 OAV3.88 BB/9I don't get it :goodposting:
Scott also underperformed for me in the alltime leeg where we rolled for years. Dead guys can really pick up his splitter.I haven't been in the WIS :nerd: board at all but it seems like this latest update has changed the balance of the sim. HRs are way down and + defensive plays are back up. The games have generally been competitive and there doesn't seem to be any obvious normalization anomalies.

can the "Performance History" of a player be trusted? I ask, because HoJo has had about 150 prior WIS seasons logged in his history, with an average OPS of over 900, and a worst season with around 750 OPS. He's sitting at 650 OPS for me right now, with almost 500 PAs.

can the "Performance History" of a player be trusted? I ask, because HoJo has had about 150 prior WIS seasons logged in his history, with an average OPS of over 900, and a worst season with around 750 OPS. He's sitting at 650 OPS for me right now, with almost 500 PAs.
I don't think performance history was reset following the last update. Also, a lot of those previous seasons were in $80M open leagues where the pitching wasn't as strong.On the plus side, Johnson has over 550 chances at SS without an error, which is pretty remarkable if you ever saw him play defense.

Mike Scott 8-104.46 ERA1.45 WHIP.261 OAV3.88 BB/9I don't get it :thumbup:
Vida Blue9-144.96 ERA1.33 WHIP.247 OAV3.47 BB/9WHIP seems to tell me Blue's ERA shouldn't be this bad, so maybe he's due for a correction. But yeah, he's been a bust.

On the plus side, Johnson has over 550 chances at SS without an error, which is pretty remarkable if you ever saw him play defense.
a data anomoly i expected. you get 0 errors, but about 50 negative plays. As i said when i drafted him, he will flawlessly field any ball hit directly at him. Was willing to live with that if i could get 800 out of my SS, with a chance for 950 and a 30/30 season.Guess it helps that i have the pitching staff with a league-low GB/FB ratio.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the plus side, Johnson has over 550 chances at SS without an error, which is pretty remarkable if you ever saw him play defense.
a data anomoly i expected. you get 0 errors, but about 50 negative plays. As i said when i drafted him, he will flawlessly field any ball hit directly at him. Was willing to live with that if i could get 800 out of my SS, with a chance for 950 and a 30/30 season.Guess it helps that i have the pitching staff with a league-low GB/FB ratio.
I thought the sim would handle a small sample (180 inning) 1.000 fielding percentage more realistically.

I thought the sim would handle a small sample (180 inning) 1.000 fielding percentage more realistically.
Perfection in this is generally rewarded (think all those 0 HR/9 pitchers)...he is giving up close to 30 more runners/bases on defense that don't directly show up in the metrics though (combine the +/-) and his RF is pretty pathetic. I'd guess he's giving up close to 3/4 of a runner per game which is pretty big disadvantage especially since he's been pretty mediocre hitting-wise.

Team just never took off after that early season run. Would need something fairly miraculous to get the WC. Better than my last couple renditions, but still no where near what my first 10 or so of these were.

:-/

Team just never took off after that early season run. Would need something fairly miraculous to get the WC. Better than my last couple renditions, but still no where near what my first 10 or so of these were.:-/
Getting old GB, happens to the best of um :kicksrock:

wish one of you guys would have swept the other, rather than splitting.have been curious about my surge. just randomness? or are other teams starting to get squeezed because of their low PA/IP selections? wondering if there is some way to see fatigue factors for players on other teams.one big element for me has been the insertion of Schoolboy Rowe into my starting rotation. Had him in the pen for the longest time, and even offered him in trade to DougB for Robb Nen. Was frustrated with my SPitching, so i pulled Rowe out of the pen to give him a few starts. He only had 144IP in real-life, so i knew it could be a limited run. I think he's 15-3 with a sub-3.00 ERA now. His next start (tonight) will put him over 144IP, and so may end up being his last.Other than him, though, all my guys are typically at 100% strength.

wish one of you guys would have swept the other, rather than splitting.have been curious about my surge. just randomness? or are other teams starting to get squeezed because of their low PA/IP selections? wondering if there is some way to see fatigue factors for players on other teams.one big element for me has been the insertion of Schoolboy Rowe into my starting rotation. Had him in the pen for the longest time, and even offered him in trade to DougB for Robb Nen. Was frustrated with my SPitching, so i pulled Rowe out of the pen to give him a few starts. He only had 144IP in real-life, so i knew it could be a limited run. I think he's 15-3 with a sub-3.00 ERA now. His next start (tonight) will put him over 144IP, and so may end up being his last.Other than him, though, all my guys are typically at 100% strength.
WIS gives players a 10% cushion over their real-life PAs and IPs, so you can squeeze a few more appearances from Rowe.

clinch! first time in playoffs. Kraft will probably quickly c&b our team right out. assuming that's how the matchup works out.

are there any differences in playoffs vs. the regular season? scheduling, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread