What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL WIS XVI Draft Thread *** (1 Viewer)

OK, here we go. I took out all the negative replacement value hitters (mostly expansion franchise guys... I didn't want a -35 for Cleon Jones throwing off my score when he would just be on the bench). Of course, if you took a guy who was +10 and put him on your bench, you still got a +10 for that even though it won't help you in reality.

Obvious caveat - I should score the best in my own system since I used it to draft by.

Owner Total

Jfranco 663

TRE 645

DougB 581

SNC 575

Oso 543

Pump 540

Sparty 533

DoctorD 523

RNR 519

Moops 510

TUP 496

Eephus 495

Rodg 484

Brady 476

ChemX 467

Hoos 466

Kraft 461

Frosti 458

Koya 442

Socal 441

Greco 428

Larry 424

Arsenal 413

Bogart 328
found them, some hits some misses

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, here we go. I took out all the negative replacement value hitters (mostly expansion franchise guys... I didn't want a -35 for Cleon Jones throwing off my score when he would just be on the bench). Of course, if you took a guy who was +10 and put him on your bench, you still got a +10 for that even though it won't help you in reality.

Obvious caveat - I should score the best in my own system since I used it to draft by.

Owner Total

Jfranco 663

TRE 645

DougB 581

SNC 575

Oso 543

Pump 540

Sparty 533

DoctorD 523

RNR 519

Moops 510

TUP 496

Eephus 495

Rodg 484

Brady 476

ChemX 467

Hoos 466

Kraft 461

Frosti 458

Koya 442

Socal 441

Greco 428

Larry 424

Arsenal 413

Bogart 328
found them, some hits some misses
I was ranked 12th out of 24 and finished 81-81. Score that one a hit.

Holy #### what a stupid end-of-season collapse. Four games vs RnR, need one to clinch a playoff spot, lose them all.Now we get a one-game playoff. If I lose that, I'll... come here and whine more because there's really not much else I can do about it.
Don't worry, this is setting up perfectly to dash my hopes and dreams right before the finish line. :thumbup:
:goodposting: I was never really worried. We had it under control the whole way. :unsure:The most awesome part was Nellie Fox hitting his first home run of the season in Game 163.

Congratulations again to jfranco77.

Note to self: next historical draft pool should exclude deadball era pitchers

will reiterate my interest in a deadball-hitter, steroid-pitcher theme (with a player salary cap that excludes top Ruth seasons - say, $10mm)

had some other ideas which i've already posted (and already forgotten)

Congratulations again to jfranco77.

Note to self: next historical draft pool should exclude deadball era pitchers
The years between Babe Ruth's final year and Barry Bonds' rookie year would be a perfect demarcation.
So 1936-1985? I'd be down for that.

Do we want to start kicking around another league right away?
I like that idea a lot.

Any interest in a spring/summer leeg? I'd be down.

I do kinda like the idea of the deadball hitters and modern pitchers getting a chance to shine, though I worry about finding 24 competent shortstops and second basemen from the deadball era.

All pitchers 1996-2010

All hitters 1902-1919

Everyone plays in Coors, or everyone picks a +1B park, or something like that?

I do kinda like the idea of the deadball hitters and modern pitchers getting a chance to shine, though I worry about finding 24 competent shortstops and second basemen from the deadball era.

All pitchers 1996-2010

All hitters 1902-1919
Take it back to 1893 (first year of the 60' 6" rubber-to-home-plate metric), and we should get in enough MIFs.

That said, my preference is for the Ruth-to-Bonds league. I'm down for whatever, though.

Would love to join the next one. Had fun doing this one. Will be in China for work from the 22nd through the 6th, though. Not sure what timing you guys are thinking.

Sounds like we have enough to entertain making this happen. I'll fire up the thread next week.

Users who are viewing this thread