What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official World Baseball Classic Thread (1 Viewer)

Well the upside team USA players will be back with the MLB teams before any of them get hurt or throw too many pitches. Just like being a Cub fan there is always next time

Last edited by a moderator:
@OldHossRadbourn: Brave A. Jones, to recognize the importance of this war and give his life with his noble sacrifice. You died a hero's death.

:lmao:

:lmao:It's going to be so awesome if they have to go through qualification in 2016.
I dont understand why its funny to root against your own country. And ps im not just picking on you. It seems tons of people act the same way

:lmao:It's going to be so awesome if they have to go through qualification in 2016.
I dont understand why its funny to root against your own country. And ps im not just picking on you. It seems tons of people act the same way
It's not exactly the Battle of the Bulge here. I root for the US in the World Cup, hockey and basketball. This tournament just feels contrived and stupid to me.Edit: I do hope they win though. I'm just not exactly at the edge of my seat.

It's not exactly the Battle of the Bulge here. I root for the US in the World Cup, hockey and basketball. This tournament just feels contrived and stupid to me.
Theres no baseball ithe olympics. Yes i wish more stars played but the usa team should still have no problem breezing thru these teams and they are not. Its very frustrating for sure.

It's not exactly the Battle of the Bulge here. I root for the US in the World Cup, hockey and basketball. This tournament just feels contrived and stupid to me.Edit: I do hope they win though. I'm just not exactly at the edge of my seat.
I don't get the "contrived" sentiment. The Olympics dumped baseball because there was no longer interest in the competition because all the good players were playing professional ball during the summer. This event was developed in an effort to maintain international competition and opened up the opportunity to use pro players in the process.I hope its successful and thrives. Many of the good players seem to enjoy competing in it, which is probably the most important piece in the case for it sticking around.

:lmao:

It's going to be so awesome if they have to go through qualification in 2016.
I don't get the "contrived" sentiment. The Olympics dumped baseball because there was no longer interest in the competition because all the good players were playing professional ball during the summer.

This event was developed in an effort to maintain international competition and opened up the opportunity to use pro players in the process.

I hope its successful and thrives. Many of the good players seem to enjoy competing in it, which is probably the most important piece in the case for it sticking around.
The event was created to make money for MLB and be a vehicle for their network. Had nothing to do with keeping international competition going. If it was a huge money loser it'd be gone. Your comment in bold makes no sense. Most of the best players have avoided playing. Sure there are a few like Cabrera, Votto and Braun but there's been a lot more negatives.

I hope it's successful and works out. I have nothing against it and have watched about a half of the US games. I'm just not particularly into it. I'm way more of an MLB fan than NBA and I watched the Olympic tournament this summer with about 1000% more interest.

Maybe I'll get into it more Tuesday. :shrug:

I also think the idea of pool play could use a tweaking. It just seems strange that you could be three innings from needing to go through qualifying and you end up winning the pool.

Users who are viewing this thread