What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OG Members Check In (1 Viewer)

Been around since the yellow board days, and definitely (vaguely) remember the change. I don’t recall if I was here on 9/11, but it’s possible. I spent the first couple of years in the SP, and eventually found my way over here.

I’ve never been a prolific poster, but have loved this place over the years. @Otis exploits with the HBFA (and the girl with the Mitsubishi symbol/mark of the devil for a belly button), @cosjobs poker endeavor, Ham’s weird deck of cards, Woz’s Hamline adventures, eat offs, onslaught… So many things. Long lost posters like EG, Larry, Bueno, Shining Path, Tim (just kidding). I even got to write the lyrics for a BradyFan tune (Drive For the Win).

Safe to say that this place also literally changed my life. When I changed careers and went to nursing school, @bigbottom’s journey with Chance’s illness, and posting of a video led me to pediatric oncology, and easily the most rewarding work I’ve ever done. I was weighed down with a feeling of having contributed nothing to this world, and having a need to make some kind of difference, and this path has given me that peace. So thank you, BB, for sharing during that time. Chance continues to change lives through not only the amazing work your foundation does, but even my minuscule part way over here in Georgia. And thanks to Joe for keeping my sporadic TO’s short (even the nonsense ones, of which they of course all were).

Sorry if this reads like a memorial…

:cry:

This board played a large part in my career change from finance to cancer research.

ETA: Which reminds me, I still owe Pickles a beer.

Last edited:
Been here since Cheatsheets. Never participated much under my previous username but lurked quite a bit. Not sure when I signed up as Ron but I didn't get banned or anything, just couldn't get in with my original password one day and it was easier to start a new account. This board has been a part of my life for the last 20+ years. I've learned a ton here and shared where I can. I've never participated in any other social media except a couple other old school very specialized forums. This place is super unique in the breadth and depth of knowledge. And while I'm a rebel at heart and don't do well with authority I'm OK with the heavy handed moderation here because even though it has trimmed some really great posters, it has also kept this place from devolving into a cesspool like most forums.

Don't care one way or another about FF anymore. I still play in my original league from 1995 or so but that's only out of a sense of loyalty to the other people in the league. And yes, I buy the sub every year and generally do well in the league even though I really don't know squat.

Been around since the yellow board days, and definitely (vaguely) remember the change. I don’t recall if I was here on 9/11, but it’s possible. I spent the first couple of years in the SP, and eventually found my way over here.

I’ve never been a prolific poster, but have loved this place over the years. @Otis exploits with the HBFA (and the girl with the Mitsubishi symbol/mark of the devil for a belly button), @cosjobs poker endeavor, Ham’s weird deck of cards, Woz’s Hamline adventures, eat offs, onslaught… So many things. Long lost posters like EG, Larry, Bueno, Shining Path, Tim (just kidding). I even got to write the lyrics for a BradyFan tune (Drive For the Win).

Safe to say that this place also literally changed my life. When I changed careers and went to nursing school, @bigbottom’s journey with Chance’s illness, and posting of a video led me to pediatric oncology, and easily the most rewarding work I’ve ever done. I was weighed down with a feeling of having contributed nothing to this world, and having a need to make some kind of difference, and this path has given me that peace. So thank you, BB, for sharing during that time. Chance continues to change lives through not only the amazing work your foundation does, but even my minuscule part way over here in Georgia. And thanks to Joe for keeping my sporadic TO’s short (even the nonsense ones, of which they of course all were).

Much love to you. And I am not exaggerating at all when I say this. Not one iota. Aside from the Chance for Hope Foundation itself, I truly believe that the role that Chance played in your journey is his greatest legacy. Thank you for the work you do and the lives you impact in immeasurably positive ways. The world is infinitely better because you are in it. Also, Drive for the Win is awesome!

I was reading the FFA at the exact time 9/11 happened. Shudder. Pretty sure I joined up in 2000, recently married and killing time on the boards instead of doing real work at my Federal job. Had a kid in '04 who is a senior in HS and headed across the country to Stanford in the fall. In 2009, my wife quit the corporate law world to become a fellow Fed and we moved from Philly to Baltimore - one of the best decisions ever. I'm still with the same agency as when I joined up, just promoted to my level of incompetence. Our IT department banned access to FBG in the mid-2000s (I think they see it as a gambling site) so my posting, which was never prolific, completely plummeted. Given that you all pay my salary, I guess that's a good thing. Now with increased telework, I end up posting from my home computer during one of the half-dozen interminable conference calls I have every day.

Through the board, I've made a few of my best IRL friends, fielded a killer regular trivia team, cornholed at locales across the country, and even shared a hotel room with bigbottom. I owe this place a lot.

Easily your worst night sleep ever as I hard SARS or something and was
literally coughing all night.

Much love to you. And I am not exaggerating at all when I say this. Not one iota. Aside from the Chance for Hope Foundation itself, I truly believe that the role that Chance played in your journey is his greatest legacy. Thank you for the work you do and the lives you impact in immeasurably positive ways. The world is infinitely better because you are in it. Also, Drive for the Win is awesome!

This made my whole office dusty. Its a mess in here.

20 years sounds about right. Registered as fo shizzle back in the day. GM took a shot at typing my real name one time and butchered it ever so beautifully and my current username was born.

Moved back home to SA when my first daughter was 3 months old. She’s now a freshman at my alma mater (see avatar). Youngest daughter is almost 16.

Not quite an OG I guess but I have been on this board so long that I think I still believed in God when I joined. Thank you all for helping me fix that.

This board is awesome. Sincerely thankful for all the laughs and tears over the years.

Buck brought an iced cake to Coshole and it was in that moment I knew we would be best friends.
I forgot about that :lol:

I wonder who has the pictures that were posted in the OG version of GM's thread. YSR took most of them, I think. She was only one sober enough to work the camera.

I was reading the FFA at the exact time 9/11 happened. Shudder. Pretty sure I joined up in 2000, recently married and killing time on the boards instead of doing real work at my Federal job. Had a kid in '04 who is a senior in HS and headed across the country to Stanford in the fall. In 2009, my wife quit the corporate law world to become a fellow Fed and we moved from Philly to Baltimore - one of the best decisions ever. I'm still with the same agency as when I joined up, just promoted to my level of incompetence. Our IT department banned access to FBG in the mid-2000s (I think they see it as a gambling site) so my posting, which was never prolific, completely plummeted. Given that you all pay my salary, I guess that's a good thing. Now with increased telework, I end up posting from my home computer during one of the half-dozen interminable conference calls I have every day.

Through the board, I've made a few of my best IRL friends, fielded a killer regular trivia team, cornholed at locales across the country, and even shared a hotel room with bigbottom. I owe this place a lot.

Reminds me of a funny comment from my oldest son. We had just seen Wicked in NYC... wife, me, sons and their GFs. Son says... "that was the worst nap EVER!"

Hmm let's see. I joined during the yellow board era, I remember using the Assistant Coach Forum, then some Shark Pool, then happening over here and reading a logic thread about monks with dots on their heads, and being completely blown away. Any other forum I had read was a bunch of trolls and schoolyard insults. This was thoughtful and funny and just intoxicating.

Since then? I've...
  • Finished my undergrad degree (at 30)
  • Gone to law school
  • Graduated law school and passed the bar
  • Worked for a law firm
  • Started my own law firm
  • Sold my own law firm
  • Gone in-house/bought into a real estate company
  • Gotten engaged to (adopted?) a woman 20 years my junior
  • Spent way too much money rehabbing a 125-year old house
  • Somehow gotten better at golf
  • Turned 50 :X
  • Still no children, but the topic has been raised. Not sure about being a first time dad at this age, though...
I was at the infamous coshole, it truly was a singular experience. I've done a handful of other cornholes at the Kentucky Derby and Minnesota-Wisconsin football games. Always had a blast, and I keep in touch with many of those dudes, and still play in uber league. These days I'll occasionally check into the FFA but rarely post. Not 100% sure why it fell off. Maybe because there were other ways to check in on those I'm close with?

Huge fan of this place. You can certainly count me among the many who have had their lives enriched by it.

Last edited:
Hi, cos here. Longtime reader, formerly long-winded poster.

I'm retired now at 67. So is my wife. We've been in Austin for over 15 years. I joined this site when I was in Colorado, right around 9/11.

From UHEM, I was able to make enough cash to get into a house. I'm now on my fifth house here and it is up for sale. I've done really well in real estate and it enabled me to retire early. I'm sick of the unrelenting HEAT andthe Texas politics (please don't ban me Joe, its just a reference).

I lost my sister and both parents in the last few years, so I'm the only one left in my family, except for my brother who has chosen to live out the rest of his life in Cambodia. wtf? He has a son of avg FBG age who lives in CT. Because of that, we have chosen to move to CT. I just found and am in the process of purchasing a modest home on Secret Lake in Avon/Canton CT, a block and a half from the private Lake. We love the location. Its 10 miles from my nephew. So much to do in the area and all of New England. We are considering a travel trailer and doing a lot of camping in the region. And some kind of fishing boat. We also have a in-laws in Boston and Joyce has a sister in NYC (each is 2-3 hours away.

My health is amazingly good. A1C almost normal but triglycerides are an issue. I got a new left knee 5 weeks ago and had the right on replaced 9 mos ago. Its been several decades since I've been limping around on bone on bone. Rehab has gone great and I hope to begin hiking and cycling before long, rather than daily swims. Ozempic has really been helping with my weight, but good lord its expensive.

THis place has always been very important to me and I have made numerous good friends here that I treasure. A couple of questionable bannings really made me hate the machinations of management here and I've had a really hard time returning to my former self, with the sword of Damocles seemingly always dangling above. Several times I've vowed to resume here, but they have been empty threats.
Movers are here. Gotta run. Send me a message if any of you are between NYC and Maine (and maybe Philly) itching for a cornhole.
Peace

Last edited:
Sonny lubbick blow up doll was good peeps too. He had ins at Del Mar. he took my 7 year old daughter into the paddock during the prerace shenanigans so she could meet the jockeys and pet the horses. Good dude
Had a chance to hang out with him when he came through Chicago. Great guy and he loves to have fun. So weird he just disappeared off the radar. :(
I couldn't even entice him to go to Del Mar on opening day. He never even replied. :moneybag: jacket will be missed.

Oh, I've had worse. For one of Zilla's fantasy BB drafts, I slept on air mattress in the same room as Dr. Detroit and Tremendous Upside next to a bathroom where Kraft was puking most of the night. The sounds emanating from all three have caused long-term trauma.
how was the sex?

Hirsute

Sonny lubbick blow up doll was good peeps too. He had ins at Del Mar. he took my 7 year old daughter into the paddock during the prerace shenanigans so she could meet the jockeys and pet the horses. Good dude
Had a chance to hang out with him when he came through Chicago. Great guy and he loves to have fun. So weird he just disappeared off the radar. :(
He answered my plea to fill a last second spot in my magic football league. We’d never met. He shows up to hooters, on time, after hitting the pick 6 earlier in the day. Really good times 😂

I couldn't even entice him to go to Del Mar on opening day. He never even replied. :moneybag: jacket will be missed.
That jacket was so money. 😂😂😂

He answered my plea to fill a last second spot in my magic football league. We’d never met. He shows up to hooters, on time, after hitting the pick 6 earlier in the day. Really good times 😂
Aren't you special.
I'm gonna need a new fantasy league for football and baseball if anyone is desperate. High stakes preferred

Trying to remember all the FBGs I've met in person. It's......a lot. And I'm afraid of typing it all out for fear I leave somebody off, not that every FBG is as sensitive and easily hurt as I am.

Guess I'll try:
Stryker
Cosjobs (and his way better half)
Joe Bryant
Urbanhack
Fullback Fro
Shuke
Thorn
Guster/Big Papi
YRS/YSR
JoeT
Charvik
Melvin T Scupper
Mr. Pickles
Ken Minwell
Jplvr
Tommyboy
PrussianKing
Skycriesmary
Shaqattack
Shooter McGavin
SofaKing
Jefferson The Caregiver
Baloney Sandwich
Unialias
Tigerfan
Kevzilla
Uruk-hai
COlin
Bentley
Krista4 and Oliver Humzee
Roverfish
Juddzilla
Gambler
Cochise
Aaron Rudnicki
Tat
Jethro Q Walrusstitty
Tre
MexiJoe
Red Raiders
Scorchy
Fatguyinalittlecoat
Smoo (remember when we HATED each other? Dude's had dinner at my house TWICE! Funny world)
ProNinja
Britney Spears (gosh I miss that guy, I miss his wife more)
Bobby Sacamano (and his super hot wife)
St. Louis Bob and his out-kicked coverage of a wife
Redmond Longhorn and his new wife, who again, could do way way way way better and he knows it (I kid, I kid)
Bogart
Disco Stu (numerous times now across 2 time zones)
Buck Bradcanon and his adorable Toyota Carolla
SF Bay Duck (and man, let me tell you, this guy knows how to tailgate)
FF Champ
Homer Simpson (we shared a room together, it was magical)

:mellow:

Oh my god, I'm a nerd. But, I sure do appreciate you all and this place. Been a lot of ups and downs for me, but through it all, I could vent here or find support here. Always. Forever appreciative of that and the friends I've made.

Last edited:

I'm retired now at 67. So is my wife. We've been in Austin for over 15 years. I joined this site when I was in Colorado, right around 9/11.

From UHEM, I was able to make enough cash to get into a house. I'm now on my fifth house here and it is up for sale. I've done really well in real estate and it enabled me to retire early. I'm sick of the unrelenting HEAT andthe Texas politics (please don't ban me Joe, its just a reference).

I lost my sister and both parents in the last few years, so I'm the only one left in my family, except for my brother who has chosen to live out the rest of his life in Cambodia. wtf? He has a son of avg FBG age who lives in CT. Because of that, we have chosen to move to CT. I just found and am in the process of purchasing a modest home on Secret Lake in Avon/Canton CT, a block and a half from the private Lake. We love the location. Its 10 miles from my nephew. So much to do in the area and all of New England. We are considering a travel trailer and doing a lot of camping in the region. And some kind of fishing boat. We also have a in-laws in Boston and Joyce has a sister in NYC (each is 2-3 hours away.

My health is amazingly good. A1C almost normal but triglycerides are an issue. I got a new left knee 5 weeks ago and had the right on replaced 9 mos ago. Its been several decades since I've been limping around on bone on bone. Rehab has gone great and I hope to begin hiking and cycling before long, rather than daily swims. Ozempic has really been helping with my weight, but good lord its expensive.

THis place has always been very important to me and I have made numerous good friends here that I treasure. A couple of questionable bannings really made me hate the machinations of management here and I've had a really hard time returning to my former self, with the sword of Damocles seemingly always dangling above. Several times I've vowed to resume here, but they have been empty threats.
Movers are here. Gotta run. Send me a message if any of you are between NYC and Maine (and maybe Philly) itching for a cornhole.
Peace

Glad you're doing great. I'm sorry to hear you hate the machinations of the management here. But I'm sure you're not alone. Our moderators have a pretty terrible job but I know they try their best to be fair. Glad to hear you're well. All the best to you.

Peace

Glad you're doing great. I'm sorry to hear you hate the machinations of the management here. But I'm sure you're not alone. Our moderators have a pretty terrible job but I know they try their best to be fair. Glad to hear you're well. All the best to you.

Has their job gotten easier since the closure of the PSF? I sure hope so.

Someone here came to my house like fifteen years ago and bought a bunch of silver quarters. Lived in Boston, moved to Florida. Who was that?

Trying to remember all the FBGs I've met in person. It's......a lot. And I'm afraid of typing it all out for fear I leave somebody off, not that every FBG is as sensitive and easily hurt as I am.

Guess I'll try:
Cosjobs (and his way better half)
Joe Bryant
Urbanhack
Shuke
Thorn
Guster/Big Papi
YRS/YSR
JoeT
Charvik
Melvin T Scupper
Mr. Pickles
Ken Minwell
Jplvr
Tommyboy
PrussianKing
Skycriesmary
Shaqattack
Shooter McGavin
SofaKing
Jefferson The Caregiver
Baloney Sandwich
Unialias
Tigerfan
Kevzilla
Uruk-hai
COlin
Bentley
Krista4 and Oliver Humzee
Roverfish
Juddzilla
Gambler
Cochise
Aaron Rudnicki
Tat
Jethro Q Walrusstitty
Tre
MexiJoe
Red Raiders
Scorchy
Fatguyinalittlecoat
Smoo (remember when we HATED each other? Dude's had dinner at my house TWICE! Funny world)
ProNinja
Britney Spears (gosh I miss that guy, I miss his wife more)
Bobby Sacamano (and his super hot wife)
St. Louis Bob and his out-kicked coverage of a wife
Redmond Longhorn and his new wife, who again, could do way way way way better and he knows it (I kid, I kid)
Bogart
Disco Stu (numerous times now across 2 time zones)
Buck Bradcanon and his adorable Toyota Carolla
SF Bay Duck (and man, let me tell you, this guy knows how to tailgate)
FF Champ
Homer Simpson (we shared a room together, it was magical)

:mellow:

Oh my god, I'm a nerd. But, I sure do appreciate you all and this place. Been a lot of ups and downs for me, but through it all, I could vent here or find support here. Always. Forever appreciative of that and the friends I've made.

Top 4!!!!!!!

Peace

Hope you’ll stay an Astros fan brother! Sorry to hear about the losses in your life, but really glad to hear you’re doing well and feeling well. Wish you all the best on the relocation.

Users who are viewing this thread