What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OG Members Check In (1 Viewer)

Been here since at least 2003 - I remember being on the board before that for a bit. Pretty much peaked here with :Mansion:, but still hang around. Still riding my bike, still have 2 kids, though they're 23 and 17 now. Almost free! After the kid flies there will be much more impromptu travel and long bike trips.

3 kids after 40, all girls(I'm told it's karma). Identical twins 12 and a 10 yr old

SIL has moved back in, sans her kids.

My life in a nutshell, soccer, softball, and volleyball

Wife is 8 years removed from breast cancer....clean and clear since.

Overall, it's a great day to be alive(minus the SIL).

Been around since the early aughts, maybe 01? Two usernames, post but not a ton, feel I "know" most of the peeps in the thread. Still regret missing out on the great coshole :kicksrock: but have met a handful of folks from here, all tremendous humans. Some of the best entertainment and interaction from the good ole FFA. Remember the flight attendant, the couple of posters tyring to pay some dude named Woz to leave :lmao: (really glad he didn't - his journey has been awesome to watch) the peak Circuit City lines, the kid in a balloon thread, the man in the yellow hat, Steve, the "debate" off that used to happen. So many great memories.
Me personally, I turned 50 last year, that is super fun. Been married to a woman I don't deserve for 21 years and together for 24. We have two sons, one is 19 and an apprentice electrician, the other is graduating HS this year and following in my footsteps career-wise. Been a crazy fun ride and this place has been such an integral part of both.

Been around since the Cheatsheet days. I'm not sure when but I would guess around the year 2k. I post even less than those of you that say you rarely post but I do come around a lot to read. Since I joined, I retired from playing in bands, got married around 10 years ago, and actually turned my job into a career. I was coaching baseball for my ex step son but he is grown and has kids of his own now. The only FFB I play now is in one free league with a bunch of other old timers that wants to play but not take it serious.

Tell us about the bands you used to play in!
They varied, some on the heavier side of metal. My favorite and most successful though were of the jam band variety. We played a lot of Allman Bro's, Dead, etc and mixed in a lot of other weird music like James Brown, Commodores, and the like but jammed them out in our own style. It's a lot of fun but as you know, a lot of work for very little money. I got away from it because I was living the lifestyle and needed to get away from the scene for a while. I miss it but just never pulled the trigger to get back into it.

I joined the board in the early aughts when I was really into high stakes FF. Now the only league I play in is the free FFA music-based league. I don't post nearly as often as many of you but check the site most days. I spend most of my time in the music threads/drafts with an occasional foray into the medical threads that I often wind up regretting.

My daughters were 6 and 2 at the time. My oldest graduated from USC law school last year and is working in a large Los Angeles firm now. My youngest is in her first year of a Masters program at the University of Copenhagen (business anthropology--who new that was a thing :shrug: ). As for my wife and I, we just celebrated our 30th. We live in the same house near Salt Lake City, Utah---we don't find it so brutal, I guess :). I work in the same pediatric practice but now own it along with a few of my colleagues and we've expanded from one clinic to four. My wife is a writer and has published four novels since then with nine other manuscripts in the works. My MIL moved into our basement in 2010 and is still there but overall life is pretty good.

I've only met one FBG IRL---Zilla and I met up for a beer at a Nats game when I was vacationing in DC several years ago. Great guy. I really appreciate this community and the fount of knowledge, entertainment and support it provides.

3 kids after 40, all girls(I'm told it's karma). Identical twins 12 and a 10 yr old

SIL has moved back in, sans her kids.

My life in a nutshell, soccer, softball, and volleyball

Wife is 8 years removed from breast cancer....clean and clear since.

Overall, it's a great day to be alive(minus the SIL).
Someone in this thread posted about their SIL moving in and my first thought was your thread :lol:

That was an FFA classic and if my memory is correct you even had the decency to post pics.

Great news about your wife.

There have been many thready and posts I have read that I Laughed out loud to and got a confused look from my wife. I would read the post to her and would still get the :confused: look. :shrug:
My wife doesn’t even blink an eye anymore. She often says, “where’d you hear that, Fbgs?” Or..”why don’t you ask your friends on Fbgs”. 😂😂

My wife probably says once a week "why don't you ask your football buddies?"

There have been many thready and posts I have read that I Laughed out loud to and got a confused look from my wife. I would read the post to her and would still get the :confused: look. :shrug:
My wife doesn’t even blink an eye anymore. She often says, “where’d you hear that, Fbgs?” Or..”why don’t you ask your friends on Fbgs”. 😂😂

Mine knows who you are……

I liked a response from a previous thread where the guys wife referred to us as "those people".

Mine knows who you are……
Mine may have watched all of the eat off videos 🤣

Mine knows who you are……
Mine may have watched all of the eat off videos 🤣
This is a must

Don't think I'm OG per se, but pretty sure I've been around for about 14 years.

My son (kid in my avatar) was like 2 years old then. He's almost 17 now. Have a 13 yr old daughter as well and one wife for over 22 years now.

Was a CPA when I started here. Let that license lapse, tried construction PM work, but now back to plain old corporate accounting. Discovered basketball and football officiating as my escape from the drudgery of work/family life. Also spend a lot of time at church and acting like I know more than I do.

Mine too

Old school cheetsheet alum registered with a defunct AOL email address here. I can't believe I still remember my password 20 years later.

Anyway, I married my high school sweetheart, finished my PhD, had 2 boys, and last summer finally bought our dream home after years of renting in Brooklyn. And it's all thanks to you guys :pickle:

My wife calls you guys my fake friends

Meh, what does she know.

Mine knows who you are……

Yea she does.

FBG has been a big part of my life. Original 3 digiter here and I've been educated, entertained and for sure laughed, cried and laughed some more with the people on this board. We could talk about anything here, including some heavy real life stuff. And people truly care. I've met a few FBGs IRL, including Offdee, Gianmarco (in Portugal of all places), etc. Quality peeps.

Life is good. Been married 37 years this October to a great woman. 3 kids. 2 married with 2 grandkids so far. My youngest daughter is getting married in NYC in May. Lucky that they all found great life partners. House will be paid off in a few years and I'll retire about the same time. I am doing my best to be around and healthy as long as possible, especially after having the Widowmaker 3+ years ago. I am blessed with a big group of great friends. 24 guy golfing trip (Ryder Cup format) for the last 30 years. We have 7 couples going to Nashville for a concert weekend in April, same size group going to Ireland in the fall, etc. Belong to a golf club that I really like. Now that the rotator cuff surgery is behind me I'm looking to play a lot more. Pretty simple - I just love spending time with my family, friends and then enjoying life experiences. Travel, music, theater, etc. I hope to take my cooking to the next level when I have time. Man can't live on chili alone! Actually can do anything on the grill/smoker but want to get better with classical cooking.

Work is good. Leading a company with a great mission (making the digital world accessible for people who are low vision/blind). So that's rewarding. Hoping it's my last gig. Contemplated retirement as early as next year (just turned 61 this week). I really don't want to pay healthcare out of pocket so I'll keep working for now. Staying in CA for now. We'll see. In retirement I hope to spend a couple of months a year in Mexico. Cabo or one of the up and coming coastal towns that were more like Cabo years ago. Have been on a year long streak of DuoLingo getting ready.

My only area of sadness is my family isn't as tight as I'd want it to be. We were always super close and I always thought we'd be. My kids got caught up in the political rhetoric of the last elections and changes to the Supreme Court. One of the reasons I hate Trump. My son is somewhat estranged from all of us and it's impossible for my wife and I to be truly happy right now. Whomever said you're only as happy as your unhappiest kid was spot on. I think time will cure this but it's been way too long already. Family divisions suck.

Anyway - while this board isn't what it used to be I still love the community. My other family.

I don't think I posted in Cheatsheets. I do remember Joe announcing it's creation at the R.S.F.F. newsgroup.

Thanks. Can you elaborate more on how you remember it going from when we started from RSFF to here? We were talking about that the other day.

FBG has been a big part of my life. Original 3 digiter here and I've been educated, entertained and for sure laughed, cried and laughed some more with the people on this board. We could talk about anything here, including some heavy real life stuff. And people truly care. I've met a few FBGs IRL, including Offdee, Gianmarco (in Portugal of all places), etc. Quality peeps.

Life is good. Been married 37 years this October to a great woman. 3 kids. 2 married with 2 grandkids so far. My youngest daughter is getting married in NYC in May. Lucky that they all found great life partners. House will be paid off in a few years and I'll retire about the same time. I am doing my best to be around and healthy as long as possible, especially after having the Widowmaker 3+ years ago. I am blessed with a big group of great friends. 24 guy golfing trip (Ryder Cup format) for the last 30 years. We have 7 couples going to Nashville for a concert weekend in April, same size group going to Ireland in the fall, etc. Belong to a golf club that I really like. Now that the rotator cuff surgery is behind me I'm looking to play a lot more. Pretty simple - I just love spending time with my family, friends and then enjoying life experiences. Travel, music, theater, etc. I hope to take my cooking to the next level when I have time. Man can't live on chili alone! Actually can do anything on the grill/smoker but want to get better with classical cooking.

Work is good. Leading a company with a great mission (making the digital world accessible for people who are low vision/blind). So that's rewarding. Hoping it's my last gig. Contemplated retirement as early as next year (just turned 61 this week). I really don't want to pay healthcare out of pocket so I'll keep working for now. Staying in CA for now. We'll see. In retirement I hope to spend a couple of months a year in Mexico. Cabo or one of the up and coming coastal towns that were more like Cabo years ago. Have been on a year long streak of DuoLingo getting ready.

My only area of sadness is my family isn't as tight as I'd want it to be. We were always super close and I always thought we'd be. My kids got caught up in the political rhetoric of the last elections and changes to the Supreme Court. One of the reasons I hate Trump. My son is somewhat estranged from all of us and it's impossible for my wife and I to be truly happy right now. Whomever said you're only as happy as your unhappiest kid was spot on. I think time will cure this but it's been way too long already. Family divisions suck.

Anyway - while this board isn't what it used to be I still love the community. My other family.

Thanks for the update, GB. And hang in there on the family and politics thing. I'm with you on the parents being as happy point. I'm sure you're doing it already, but I'd encourage you to keep the connection as much as possible. Even if it's dormant. It can still be there and open. People often have change of hearts and see things differently or sometimes just get older and keeping that door open and connection intact so they have a way back in is so big.

I don't think I posted in Cheatsheets. I do remember Joe announcing it's creation at the R.S.F.F. newsgroup.

Thanks. Can you elaborate more on how you remember it going from when we started from RSFF to here? We were talking about that the other day.
All I can remember is you posting it. Before or after MR Football's? A lot of early FF heavy hitters where there back then.

I can't remember if you could post links-I don't you could. This was back when you bought stuff on Ebay and you had to wait foe the
check/money order to clear before your stuff was shipped.

All I can remember is you posting it. Before or after MR Football's? A lot of Early FF heavy hiters where there back then.

Yes. The RSFF was the genesis for a ton of things.

The timing would have been after Mr. Football sold.

I wish I'd taken better notes back then!

If anyone else has recollections, would love to hear them.

I suppose I qualify as an OG/old timer. Original username had 2000 in the name so that's about when I first jumped in. Coulda been a 3 digiter when the new boards came about but I was asleep at the wheel. ;) Life is good, relatively healthy, only one fake body part so far (metal hip) but more to come. Staying active, working way too much, kids are grown. Our daughter married her HS sweetheart a few years ago (he's a badass but absolutely great) and they gave us an awesome grandson who provides us endless entertainment. And joy, lots of joy; giving back to his mom what she gave to us all those years ago. "He's wild!" Yeah, apple<-> tree honey. Love it! Wife retired from her job and spends most of her time taking care of her parents. They might be moving in with us, which could be challenging for sure, we'll see. One positive there is her mother can cook, something she didn't seem to pass to her daughter. :mellow: 3 dogs/4cats (animal farm is shrinking). Took a self-imposed break from here for a while but glad to be back.

Stay healthy my friends!

Been here since cheetsheet.net days. Not sure what year but it had to be around but probably before 2000. On the migration to Footballguys- I remember I didn't know that the website was on CST so when I tried to sign up it and it didn't let me so I didn't get a vaunted single or double-digit number. When I started here I was just out of HS and traveling the world...laying carpet tiles of all things.

Lost my brother. Lost a friend who was like a brother. Made a small fortune, lost a small fortune. Tried my best to screw up my marriage but my wife wouldn't let that happen. THANK YOU HONEY!

Now Im 45, happily married, girls are about to go to college. Ive got to work another 15 years but Ill be a relatively wealthy man by then. We have to figure out how to pay for college x2 and two new HVAC systems in the next couple years but if I live long enough the golden years will be just that.

I love this place. Im a bit of an outcast here which is how I am in R/L but Ive accepted it and some of you have too. lol. This place has been one of the constants in my life. Other than youtube, Im not sure I can think of a more influential and helpful website.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Last edited:
Cheatsheeter and Ole Yeller here as well... has to be at least 25 years. I've lost, gained, re-lost and re-gained more weight here than anyone but Otis I'd bet. Empty nester with the oldest son engaged and middle son pretty close to it as well. Wife has 2 jobs in retail and I WFH in IT. Still recovering emotionally and financially from my youngest son's battle with cancer that took his life 3+ years ago. FFA is my safe place :biggrin: I feel as close to many of you that I do IRL friends. Started as a FF source but eventually became a community.

All I can remember is you posting it. Before or after MR Football's? A lot of Early FF heavy hiters where there back then.

Yes. The RSFF was the genesis for a ton of things.

The timing would have been after Mr. Football sold.

I wish I'd taken better notes back then!

If anyone else has recollections, would love to hear them.

What year are we talking about here? Do you remember what year(s) you were cheetsheet.net? I want to say it was as far back as 98 but thats a very long time ago, I cant be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread