What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OG Members Check In (1 Viewer)

I suppose I qualify as an OG/old timer. Original username had 2000 in the name so that's about when I first jumped in. Coulda been a 3 digiter when the new boards came about but I was asleep at the wheel. ;) Life is good, relatively healthy, only one fake body part so far (metal hip) but more to come. Staying active, working way too much, kids are grown. Our daughter married her HS sweetheart a few years ago (he's a badass but absolutely great) and they gave us an awesome grandson who provides us endless entertainment. And joy, lots of joy; giving back to his mom what she gave to us all those years ago. "He's wild!" Yeah, apple<-> tree honey. Love it! Wife retired from her job and spends most of her time taking care of her parents. They might be moving in with us, which could be challenging for sure, we'll see. One positive there is her mother can cook, something she didn't seem to pass to her daughter. :mellow: 3 dogs/4cats (animal farm is shrinking). Took a self-imposed break from here for a while but glad to be back.

Stay healthy my friends!
Oh, in a few days I can start withdrawing from retirement w/o paying a penalty. 🧓

I came over with the exodus from the Huddle boards when they turned their board into subscription-only, and I was a poor student. I was on Old Yeller; remember the migration, and the rush to sign up to get a three digit member number. Mostly reading, and making innocuous and forgettable posts ever since. I may have posted in the internet dating thread a bit — married 13 years now. Son in first grade. Two pugs (lost one earlier this year).

I came over with the exodus from the Huddle boards when they turned their board into subscription-only, and I was a poor student. I was on Old Yeller; remember the migration, and the rush to sign up to get a three digit member number. Mostly reading, and making innocuous and forgettable posts ever since. I may have posted in the internet dating thread a bit — married 13 years now. Son in first grade. Two pugs (lost one earlier this year).
I came when they had the day of carnage.

• Love
Reactions: SWC
i was coming here and reading but was not a member before 9 11 and i remember that thread really well finally signed up sometime shortly after that i remember being so mad about what happened that i didnt know what to do and my lady told me to just take a day off and go fishing so i did that driving across the state to find some trout water and it basically changed me and what i do to get away from stress

i post like a couple of guys who inspired me in a tool and die shop at a mill i worked in to put myself through college they were rough as hell and so was the work and it was a challenge because i woke up and started most days in the 230 to 3 am range so i could be done and hang out with my friends in the afternoon the work was there just had to get in and get it done so i was always beat tired and they just kept after me to work hard and have a work ethic and never miss the whistle and that 80 percent of life is just showing up and they just shared so damned much good solid wisdom even if it was through a haze of foul language that it was just something to behold definitely changed me and on my last day of my last summer before my last year of college they told me we hope we never see you back here again meaning go on and make something of yourself that is bigger than this place and i think i have done enough to make them proud they were brohans straight through and through and i think about them and miss them most days so you all get to have their wisdom lucky you

since i started coming here i have had both of my hips replaced my shoulder rebuilt had a couple spine surgeries and had a heart attack that damned near killed me with my pulse in the 30s they ordered not to fall asleep until they could get me on a table and then three and half hours on that table and then got me a four day stay in the hospital this place and i mean it helped me survive that and get healthy right in the middle of covid and that is no joke you brohans in the kevzilla and otis diet walking thread kept me honest and gave me a focus and got me back on my feet and i will always appreciate it love you brohans

my lady and i have been together forever and we have two kids who are doing great things and watching them go keeps me in a car driving from this to that but it is the best thing on earth it just is and so is my lady my one and only marriage been together for decades and the light of my life

i lost my pop a few years ago and the folks in gmtan helped me share my grief and i really appreciated that a lot and joe did in private messages too and i really appreciated the hell out of it i am not on facebook or insagram or anything else and this was my one place i could talk about my dad and just let it out in a way that i couldnt by my family who i had to be strong for because they just lost a guy that worshipped the ground they walked on and they knew thier biggest fan was now upstairs

so basically you are all great otis it is nice as hell to see you around here dont be a stranger and good on you all take that to the bank bromigos

Not here nearly as much as I used to be when I worked in the family business. Left that gig about 5 years ago and got a "real job". Privately owned company was bought out last year by a conglomerate and I'm the GM now. WAY more hours for a few more dollars. Four daughters, youngest is my avatar and she's a Junior in High School now. One of my favorites things about this board is the t-shirt exchange, of which I was too busy to participate in last year.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to post in here but after reading some of these, I figured I probably should. I wasn't here from the very start, but I've been here since 2007 which is still quite a long time. Originally started over in the SP focusing on fantasy football and migrated over here. This really is like a 2nd home in some ways and has also become a big part of my life. It's the only forum I visit and, even though my overall activity has waned, it's still a place I visit daily, particularly in the running thread and the soccer threads.

I'm in my later 40s, happily married, 3 kids, my oldest heading off to college next year and still two young ones that keep me busy.

As a result of this thread, I decided to start to look at how many people I've met IRL from here. Without attending any cornhole events, I've met 20 different people from here at various times!! Twenty!! I've met up with guys from here in STL, KC, Chicago, Boston, Cincy, Indy, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Nashville, New Orleans, Seattle, NYC, and even Lisbon. I've hosted several at my home and they've met my family. I never even realized how many it's been.

I regularly keep in contact with several of them outside of here and have made some incredible friends as a result. I've had some major events thanks to some which have included running events, trips/vacations, major purchases, advice, and even where my son is almost certainly going to go to college. The effects are literally life changing and would have never happened but for this place. I've shed tears over people here that I've never met. I've changed parts of who I am and how I do some things due to my interactions here. And I've tried my best to give back where I can through words or experiences and just hope that it's a fraction of what I've gotten from here. I'm thankful for this community and family. My PM box and my front door is always open.

OG here, Old Yeller, 3 digit, etc

Remember changing my avatar, debating if I should just keep the old one because it had been in use for a long time (almost a decade?). That was 2008 when the "big' change was made. 😄 Same avatar since then (~ 15 years).

Now I mainly participate in basketball drafts, read IDP posts, and occasionally see what you old guys are doing in the FFA. IRL I mainly do the same things, including playing basketball. Only now everyone is younger than me and I break a bone every few years. Looking forward to my upcoming bone density scan. 🫤

There have been many thready and posts I have read that I Laughed out loud to and got a confused look from my wife. I would read the post to her and would still get the :confused: look. :shrug:
My wife doesn’t even blink an eye anymore. She often says, “where’d you hear that, Fbgs?” Or..”why don’t you ask your friends on Fbgs”. 😂😂

My wife probably says once a week "why don't you ask your football buddies?"
my lady says oh are you being an idiot on the internet again lol take that to the bank brochachos

April ‘03 on Old Yeller, IIRC. Just missed a 3-digit member #
I *had* a three digit number, but FBG did a reset (or maybe it was the migration, but I seem to remember a false start) and I was on a business trip when it went live again.

I should have skipped the trip. :hot:

ETA: I may not have been the oldest on the boards, but the one FF league I run has been around since 1993. That has to rank among the oldest still around.

Still regret missing out on the great coshole :kicksrock:
I was there. Sorry you couldn't make it, as I'd have loved to have met you.
This is a regret of mine as well. I’ve met cos twice. On both sides of the country. Bet the ponies with him at Del Mar. still wish I’d been at coshole
It was so much fun, man. Cos had that B&B then and cleared it out for us so everyone had a room. He had this outdoor courtyard with a bar and TV (& bocce ball course). The weather was gorgeous for early February - it was in the 70s and I wore shorts the whole time.

I'm trying to remember everyone who was there and I know I'm gonna forget somebody. Sadly, many either don't post here much anymore or post very seldom. Let's see.....

Buck Bradcanon
Disco Stu
Bentley
Kevzilla
Bogart
Unialias
Guster
YSR (who was pregnant) and her husband (who looked just like Tony Romo)
Cosjobs & family (including the stoner poodles)
Me
Homer J Simpson
Thorn
General Malaise
Krista
St Louis Bob and his wife
(apologies to whomever I've missed)

Someone was taking pictures and posting them in GM's thread, but I don't recall who it was. GM & StLBob playing cornhole was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I won Guster's SB pool, which outraged some folks that were in the pool but not at coshole for thinking it was fixed. That was the year the Ravens beat the Niners. Krista made a surprise appearance, as she tried to fake us all out by saying she couldn't make it.

All I can remember is you posting it. Before or after MR Football's? A lot of Early FF heavy hiters where there back then.

Yes. The RSFF was the genesis for a ton of things.

The timing would have been after Mr. Football sold.

I wish I'd taken better notes back then!

If anyone else has recollections, would love to hear them.

What year are we talking about here? Do you remember what year(s) you were cheetsheet.net? I want to say it was as far back as 98 but thats a very long time ago, I cant be sure.
Steady you quoted me.

All I can remember is you posting it. Before or after MR Football's? A lot of Early FF heavy hiters where there back then.

Yes. The RSFF was the genesis for a ton of things.

The timing would have been after Mr. Football sold.

I wish I'd taken better notes back then!

If anyone else has recollections, would love to hear them.

What year are we talking about here? Do you remember what year(s) you were cheetsheet.net? I want to say it was as far back as 98 but thats a very long time ago, I cant be sure.
Steady you quoted me.

I quoted Joe but because he responded to your post it also alerts/quotes you. Either the quote feature is dumb or I am.

My money is on the latter.

@Bogart who did I miss on my list?

Colin (or Abraham - former staff here)! Sorry, my friend.

Oh, and the physical therapist! She's not part of this group but was helping out with cos' parents, if I recall correctly. Once everyone arrived, I think she may have high-tailed it out of there. I don't blame her - get 20 Type A folks in one place, it'll tend to run hot.

Still regret missing out on the great coshole :kicksrock:
I was there. Sorry you couldn't make it, as I'd have loved to have met you.
This is a regret of mine as well. I’ve met cos twice. On both sides of the country. Bet the ponies with him at Del Mar. still wish I’d been at coshole
It was so much fun, man. Cos had that B&B then and cleared it out for us so everyone had a room. He had this outdoor courtyard with a bar and TV (& bocce ball course). The weather was gorgeous for early February - it was in the 70s and I wore shorts the whole time.

I'm trying to remember everyone who was there and I know I'm gonna forget somebody. Sadly, many either don't post here much anymore or post very seldom. Let's see.....

Buck Bradcanon
Disco Stu
Bentley

Kevzilla
Bogart
Unialias
Guster
YSR
(who was pregnant) and her husband (who looked just like Tony Romo)
Cosjobs & family (including the stoner poodles)
Me
Homer J Simpson
Thorn

General Malaise
Krista
St Louis Bob and his wife
(apologies to whomever I've missed)

Someone was taking pictures and posting them in GM's thread, but I don't recall who it was. GM & StLBob playing cornhole was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I won Guster's SB pool, which outraged some folks that were in the pool but not at coshole for thinking it was fixed. That was the year the Ravens beat the Niners. Krista made a surprise appearance, as she tried to fake us all out by saying she couldn't make it.
Really miss seeing those folks around : poursa40 :

@Bogart who did I miss on my list?

Colin (or Abraham - former staff here)! Sorry, my friend.

Oh, and the physical therapist! She's not part of this group but was helping out with cos' parents, if I recall correctly. Once everyone arrived, I think she may have high-tailed it out of there. I don't blame her - get 20 Type A folks in one place, it'll tend to run hot.

I think you nailed it. Trying to play through all of the major events: bocce ball, cucumber vodka shots, BBQ half way across the state, making assets sweat, Whataburger at 3am, adorable dancing at the club, MMA fight, migas, someone leaving the group to go to a scrip club, Pappy Van Winkle (mixed with Coke for one of us), and can't remember any one not on your list there. But then my memory isn't what it used to be.

I joined in 2011. Lurked for quite awhile with very few posts. Then for some reason just started diving in. It's been a time waster ever since.....hahahaha. Learned a little, laughed a lot, hopefully helped some and always enjoy the different viewpoints across all the forums here. Glad to be in this FBG family.

I think I joined about 2003-2004ish under my old user name. I have been around so long that my current user name makes no sense any more (it is almost 13 years old now).

The most interesting part of the FFA is the large amount of knowledgeable soccer fans I have interfaced with over the years. When I started, there was not a single person talking about the sport and now we have numerous active threads running, even with the smaller amount of posters still active.

I have learned and laughed a ton over the years. I helped my sanity by staying very clear of all political talk. :)

Profile says my 20 year anniversary is next month, but not sure if that is the same time that @Chemical X posted in RotoJunkie "Any FBGs In Here?", because that single post pulled me over here.

I don't post as much as I used to, but this place has been more important to me than I want to admit. The GMTAN thread kept me sane and informed, while laughing and crying with those in there. The "Sex as a Weapon" thread led me to seek marriage counseling and eventually divorce from a toxic marriage, while being able to have therapy sessions in thread and in the DMs of a few similar chaps. The FFA Dating thread helped a late 30s me get out there and date for the first time really ever, collecting dots of all colors. The experience of Coshole helped as I returned home to lose two parents and finalize that divorce in that same year.

This place has seen me go from married and broke to having two kids that are now 19 and 14, being great friends with my ex as we co-parent, and sticking with a job I hated long enough for it to pay off financially. Single for a decade now, maybe time to start a thread about poly relationships. CAKE is still the best thing at the beginning of the year, and my odd enjoyment of grown men fake fighting gets some support here as well.

Barely play fantasy football anymore, but always pay to get the Draft Dominator (Windows version, get off my lawn) to support the free therapy and entertainment found here.

Profile says my 20 year anniversary is next month, but not sure if that is the same time that @Chemical X posted in RotoJunkie "Any FBGs In Here?", because that single post pulled me over here.

I don't post as much as I used to, but this place has been more important to me than I want to admit. The GMTAN thread kept me sane and informed, while laughing and crying with those in there. The "Sex as a Weapon" thread led me to seek marriage counseling and eventually divorce from a toxic marriage, while being able to have therapy sessions in thread and in the DMs of a few similar chaps. The FFA Dating thread helped a late 30s me get out there and date for the first time really ever, collecting dots of all colors. The experience of Coshole helped as I returned home to lose two parents and finalize that divorce in that same year.

This place has seen me go from married and broke to having two kids that are now 19 and 14, being great friends with my ex as we co-parent, and sticking with a job I hated long enough for it to pay off financially. Single for a decade now, maybe time to start a thread about poly relationships. CAKE is still the best thing at the beginning of the year, and my odd enjoyment of grown men fake fighting gets some support here as well.

Barely play fantasy football anymore, but always pay to get the Draft Dominator (Windows version, get off my lawn) to support the free therapy and entertainment found here.

Thank you GB. My guess is lots of folks here are in the "don't play fantasy that much but still support the business with a subscription" category. Thankful for you folks.

cucumber vodka shots
That was the red, white, and blue bottle - right?

I think it was the "cloudy clear" bottle. All I know is some of us were coming in from the night while others were waking up for the morning and it was the most unique shots/toasts I have been a part of.
I was part of the Wake Up Crew. One day I WAS the Wake Up Crew when others rolled in. I think we had clocked something like 70 consecutive hours when there was continuous drinking by someone.

I've been around since BassNBrew was cool to newbies. I cashed a couple of times in the Subscriber Contest, but no longer play any FF. Still going to Vegas twice a year, will be there for the Final Four. Now I just walk, and play guitar. I've dabbled with it since I was a kid, but decided that more effort in a different section of my brain would be beneficial as I age. The ratio of enjoyment I get to the talent I possess is astonishing.
Found the imposter. Bass has never been cool to newbies. :whistle:

2002 or 2003 - old yeller for a few months. switched to urbanhack when the new board was launched. Met dozens and dozens of folks in real life. Also spawned off folks to The Beer Spot (furley, 3Cs, Gator, Tip Top and many more).

Been here through marriage, divorce, another partner of 10 years and now with a gal for the past two years. Needed a change of pace in career and scenery after 23 years in Chicago so moved out to Portland in 2016 and haven't looked back.

Work is low key and allows me to have a lot of free time. Completely immersed in disc golf. Been playing competitively for 2 years now. I spend a lot of time playing and practicing...it's what I love to do.

I was reading the FFA at the exact time 9/11 happened. Shudder. Pretty sure I joined up in 2000, recently married and killing time on the boards instead of doing real work at my Federal job. Had a kid in '04 who is a senior in HS and headed across the country to Stanford in the fall. In 2009, my wife quit the corporate law world to become a fellow Fed and we moved from Philly to Baltimore - one of the best decisions ever. I'm still with the same agency as when I joined up, just promoted to my level of incompetence. Our IT department banned access to FBG in the mid-2000s (I think they see it as a gambling site) so my posting, which was never prolific, completely plummeted. Given that you all pay my salary, I guess that's a good thing. Now with increased telework, I end up posting from my home computer during one of the half-dozen interminable conference calls I have every day.

Through the board, I've made a few of my best IRL friends, fielded a killer regular trivia team, cornholed at locales across the country, and even shared a hotel room with bigbottom. I owe this place a lot.

Holy crap same here. That and that Bob guy acting really out of line back then.
Bhob. That's a blast from the past.

It's weird, I was in an auction league with a bunch of those guys and now I see Jason Collette and Paul Sporer on ESPN and FantasyPros making money talking about magic baisbol.

So having never actually cornholed with anyone here...what is the protocol? Do you go by user names or do you get to know and use real names? Some of them probably flow or are actually some variation of their real name but I feel like it would be odd to call someone GM or Disco Stu in person for any amount of time.

Just always wondered that. I had hoped to meet up with wikkid someday, but would have called him Dale at that point. I've had a handful of friends call me Jayrod from time to time, but it was never that common.

So having never actually cornholed with anyone here...what is the protocol? Do you go by user names or do you get to know and use real names? Some of them probably flow or are actually some variation of their real name but I feel like it would be odd to call someone GM or Disco Stu in person for any amount of time.

Just always wondered that. I had hoped to meet up with wikkid someday, but would have called him Dale at that point. I've had a handful of friends call me Jayrod from time to time, but it was never that common.
That’s really pillow talk after the initial date.

I remember signing up at old yeller with and almost immediately being enamored Smoo, scorchy, scoob, beckster, happy schnapps, shiny etc. I laughed uncontrollably when happy posted about installing a garbage disposal in his shower, so that he could not only pee in there, but also .. well you know. Still kills me today.

I was a pretty regular poster up until about 2012-ish, but never really a volume poster even before that. About then, I found myself too busy to check much during the day. So it kinda drifted away. I'd stop in every now and then, but I didn't really know that many people anymore. But in the last year or so, it seems like I see a lot of my old school favorites still here. So I pop in at least once per day and see what's going on. Still don't post a whole lot, but always get a few laughs.

Holy crap same here. That and that Bob guy acting really out of line back then.

The April 2003 date is when the move to blue board happened. Membership time from ol' yeller was before that, as was the rotojunkie post.

Just found this thread.

Was here in the Old Yeller days, so more than 20 years, not exactly sure how many.

I'm 54. No kids. My wife and I have been married for 31+ years. She has been disabled since 1998, so that has been my IRL focus. I've posted about it periodically here.

I have met a few FBGs in person -- Bruce Hammond, @DA RAIDERS, and @OC Zed. Those were excellent experiences. Would like to meet more if opportunity presents.

I have posted thousands of posts in this forum, nothing close anywhere else. I really appreciate this community.

Users who are viewing this thread