What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

One and done movies (1 Viewer)

Just on TCM last nite, i decided for the umpteenth time against watching one of the 10 movies EVERYBODY should see once - Grapes of Wrath. It breaks my heart just as much as it made my heart............AND ethics, AND outlook on our great & awful nation, when i was young.
Mr R watched this just because he felt he should.  He fell in love with it.  He's watched it over and over.

For me, it's Schindler's List.  I'm not a big Spielberg fan, but that is one great movie.  I haven't seen it in ages, and I'm just now thinking that maybe I coudl watch it again.  It's pretty intense.

And The Last King of Scotland.  Forrest Whitaker is amazing.  The movie gave me flashbacks.  I never want to see that again.

KarmaPolice said:
I am saying that I think a lot of them go to the dark side of humanity, so what's the difference between getting through Apocalypse Now or Full Metal Jacket and Schindler's List?
I guess it's the mano-a-mano aspect of war movies. Everyone's got a fighting chance. The Holocaust wasn't a "fair fight."

Apocalypse Now

Deer Hunter

All films I went into with high expectations and had some very high moments, but also just had long sections that seemed to drag. Glad I watched them once, but I don't feel the need to see them again and while I don't think of myself as addicted to my phone as most people, I can't imagine sitting through any of these without picking up my phone/tablet at some point. And for long stretches at that.

KarmaPolice said:
I am saying that I think a lot of them go to the dark side of humanity, so what's the difference between getting through Apocalypse Now or Full Metal Jacket and Schindler's List?
Fact vs Fiction.

If I really like a movie, I won't ever watch it just once.

As mentioned in here, The Road and Schindler's List are two very tough ones.

I've watched them probably 3-4 times each.

Leaving Las Vegas more then 3-4.  The Shue factor, despite the alcoholism hitting so very close to home for me.

Oldboy

(Korean version - have never seen the re-make)

Last edited by a moderator:
FBG's listing Sixth Sense, Memento, and Usual Suspects are missing out.  Same with Old Boy.  Great, great movies that get better with repeated viewings.

My immediate thought was Avatar.  Interesting to see the t=echnology and to know what all the hoopla was about, but I found absolutely nothing memorable about that movie.
cause james cameron just reused a bunch of stuff he used 20 plus years ago.  it sucked. even the music 

Users who are viewing this thread