What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oregon Militia Takeover - Ammon Bundy arrested (2 Viewers)

Yes in a country where unarmed black men are killed daily by police its a strawman to point out the difference in how these #######s are treated.

This was Clive Bundy guy that Fox crowd was all pumped about until he dropped his sweet knowledge about "The Negro" right?
You guys make every thread something political. Why?
Isn't this whole occupation political?
In the most broadest interpretation of the term. Do you believe either party supports this?
Democratic or Republican party? No. Other parties? Absolutely.But the original post said nothing about any party.

What is actually happening? Town? Part of Oregon? Where are these militia guys from? What are their demands? Status?

Last edited by a moderator:
This was Clive Bundy guy that Fox crowd was all pumped about until he dropped his sweet knowledge about "The Negro" right?
In the most broadest interpretation of the term. Do you believe either party supports this?
Democratic or Republican party? No. Other parties? Absolutely.But the original post said nothing about any party.
What does the Fox crowd imply?

What is actually happening? Town? Part of Oregon? Where are these militia guys from? What are their demands? Status?
My understanding of the event...

Farmers in Oregon started a brush fire on their property that spread to public land and were charged with Arson. The father and son served a jail sentence and were released. The State has come back saying the jail term was not long enough. Father and son are refusing to return to jail. This militia is just anyone with a gun who wants to take a stand against the government.

I'm conflicted if I support this yet. I still need more info.

Some quality headline sensationalism by the media here.

"Armed Rednecks hole-up in abandoned building in protest"

The GOP has gone off the rails lately, but I think my least favorite thing about liberals these days is the tendency to tell us what everyone else is thinking. This is a new thing, right?
It honestly isn't hard to quite accurately predict the exact words out of one group's mouths these days. I know now that the talking points Beck, Hannity, Rush, etc hammer into my ears over and over again while I criss cross the state of Texas in rental cars, will be parroted at least a dozen times throughout the week... often verbatim.

The GOP has gone off the rails lately, but I think my least favorite thing about liberals these days is the tendency to tell us what everyone else is thinking. This is a new thing, right?
It honestly isn't hard to quite accurately predict the exact words out of one group's mouths these days. I know now that the talking points Beck, Hannity, Rush, etc hammer into my ears over and over again while I criss cross the state of Texas in rental cars, will be parroted at least a dozen times throughout the week... often verbatim.
I largely zoned out this topic (don't care)... but I sure recall how hard they were trying to rile up their audience over it.

I live how resident militia man icon talks down to these redneck militia types. Is there some sort of flow chart that shows hierarchy of you folks?

It was just getting facts, what kind of building are they occupying? Big one? Downtown Eugene? post office? What? Thanks.

What difference does it make? It is actively used thats why they announced it would be closed. And would.anyone give a rats ### what the building looked like if these were Muslims? Or Black Lives? No they'd be called terrorists and plenty of people would want a much different much more deadly response than a shrug and a laugh.
Careful. jon mx is about to call you ridiculously stupid.

Probably would help move this conversation along if some of you would read the article linked in the OP

:)

It was just getting facts, what kind of building are they occupying? Big one? Downtown Eugene? post office? What? Thanks.
Its a tiny ####### building in the middle of nowhere Eastern Oregon. We would be GLAD if BLM chose a site like this to occupy. Much more out of the way.

I thought Oregon was just a bunch of microbrew drinking bearded guys and hot cheerleaders.
That's just Portland and select pockets of the I-5 corridor. Everywhere else is pretty rednecky. Maybe not "Alabama level", but "Wyoming level" at least.

I don't think we should allow any white person from Oregon to travel to the rest of the country until our government can figure out what the hell is going on.

Was the land they burned owned by them?
The ranchers claimed that the fire was just a backyard burn pile that got out of control.

The prosecutors provided evidence that the fire was started to conceal an illegal deer hunt on BLM property. The jury agreed with the prosecution.

By law, a federal arson conviction carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 5 years in prison. However, the defense argued that the mandatory minimum was unconstitutional, and the trial judge agreed.

The 9th Court of Appeals overturned the judge's lighter sentence, and ordered the ranchers to serve the full 5 year sentence. The Supreme Court rejected the ranchers' appeal in March 2015.

What difference does it make? It is actively used thats why they announced it would be closed. And would.anyone give a rats ### what the building looked like if these were Muslims? Or Black Lives? No they'd be called terrorists and plenty of people would want a much different much more deadly response than a shrug and a laugh.
Careful. jon mx is about to call you ridiculously stupid.
Thanks. I missed it. Yeah, that was ridiculously stupid too. You fellows love throwing out stupid strawment arguments. I do like the stone work and the roof on that cabin, er I mean highly important federal facility.

An armed militia took over a building at a national wildlife refuge in Oregon late Saturday and vows to occupy the outpost for years to protest the federal government’s treatment of a pair of ranchers facing prison time.

The occupation of a portion of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge 30 miles southeast of Burns, Ore., followed a peaceful march for ranchers Dwight Hammond, 73, and Steven Hammond, 46, who are scheduled to report to federal prison in San Pedro, Calif., on Monday after being convicted of arson, according to the Oregonian.

Prosecutors said the father and son set the fire, which burned about 130 acres in 2001 on leased federal land, to conceal poaching, according to CNN. The Hammonds argued that they were attempting to reduce the growth of invasive plant species and ward off potential wildfires. The pair was sentenced to five years in prison.

Among the occupiers are several members of the Bundy family, whose patriarch — Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy — was involved in an armed standoff with government agents over grazing rights in 2014.

Ammon Bundy told the Oregonian that he and two of his brothers had joined dozens of people in seizing the refuge’s headquarters.

The federal property, managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, was closed and unoccupied for the holiday weekend, the Oregonian reported.

Ryan Bundy told the Oregonian that the group isn’t holding hostages and doesn’t want to resort to violence but will not rule it out if authorities attempt to remove the occupiers from the property. He said many of the occupiers would be willing to fight — and die — to reclaim constitutionally protected rights for local land management, according to the Associated Press.

The group is calling for the Hammonds’ release and said the militia was planning an occupation that lasted “for years.”

If there is any praying going on in that building, this is pretty damning evidence against the teachings of whatever god they are praying to.

Not sure. I always thought they represented the more fringe elements of the conservatives.

:lol: An armed militia takes over a building to protest some perceived oppression from the evil government. Turns out it is the kids of the jackass who thought he just didn't have to pay taxes. Guy became a folk hero for select talking head dooshnozzle until he starts saying crazy stuff - besides the part where he doesn't acknowledge the federal government and will shoot any BLM agent, that was ok.

Nothing political about this.

When the whackos on the fring left had their Occupy Wall Street groups all over the country taking over city parks across the country, did the government violently respond or did they wait for months while those idiots stunk up the cities? Seems like the actually closest analogy to this situation then the utterly ridiculous strawmen being put out by a few deranged posters.

Not sure. I always thought they represented the more fringe elements of the conservatives.
Fox in particular Sean Hannity were calling this ingrate a patriot implying he was a fighter of tyranny or some BS. Even after the guy dropped the neat slavery takes Hannity tried to stay on him for a day or so then finally let it go.

Only reason I really knew about this guy the first time was when John Stewart was making fun of Hannity.

When the whackos on the fring left had their Occupy Wall Street groups all over the country taking over city parks across the country, did the government violently respond or did they wait for months while those idiots stunk up the cities? Seems like the actually closest analogy to this situation then the utterly ridiculous strawmen being put out by a few deranged posters.
Trust me, if the Occupy folks had been armed with a single gun, the government would have responded immediately, snd they did in Oakland anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread