What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pacheco or Toney breakout? (1 Viewer)

Higher likelihood of breakout?

• Total voters

chad in Indy

Footballguy
Who do you like better for a breakout this weekend?

Toney has the opportunity w Juju and Hardman out, but still prob learning the playbook. Pacheco seems to have seized the lion share of the runs, but will be script dependent with minimal usage on passing downs.

Just feels like one of those stars are aligning moments for Toney. Juju and Mecole out.. Sunday night football, Chiefs Chargers. I’m ready for it

I picked up both this week in two different leagues, Pacheco for the third time in one league and Toney in another league. I have Pacheco in the Flex and Toney as WR #3 over G Wilson as of now. I like them both to have good games and both score at least one TD each. Likely floor 15 points from each if they score one.

I can see KC putting up 4 total TD's - someone has gotta get them. I would bet that at least one of them scores, and likely they both score.

Sure McKinnon will get his and CEH will also see the field.

More people will be rooting for Pacheco and/or Toney. I'm rooting for them both.

As long as Kelce is on that field, everyone else in the passing game has a capped ceiling.

I'm going Pacheco.
I'm here too..... But if M. Williams and K. Allen are a-go for San Diego (yeah yeah, I know it's "LA") it might lean more toward a shoot out which favors Toney. I think Herbert has really missed those two on offense.

Just feels like one of those stars are aligning moments for Toney. Juju and Mecole out.. Sunday night football, Chiefs Chargers. I’m ready for it

Tony, Toni, Tone ... CEH and McKinnon are going to get theirs. Kadarius, the new toy, is being set up for success. Kelce will be available to Mahomes all night long when he wants/needs him, I think Coach/QB are going to use this game as an experiment to see what exactly KT is capable of, because the competition for WR targets is minimal at best.

I smell a coming-out party.

I’m going with Pacheco mainly because I think Toney already had his breakout game last year with 10 receptions and 189 yards in a game.

toney has a longer path to being even mediocre while pacheco has no talent bums ahead of him not hard to see pacheco as a potential late season ff title winner
toney is a flame out flake like OBJ gonna be the same jackwagon in kc that obj has been elsewhere

If "breakout" is something different from "who do I start this week", I would say Toney. Has anyone put up "breakout" numbers since Hunt was there? I think I'll take the WR.

Toney. Pacheco is nice if he gets carries but he isn't as talented overall IMHO. Toney is electric when healthy and looks like he is and has the opportunity today. Guess we'll know in a while. I am benching C Samuel for Toney. If he breaks out and I get Chase back next week I'll be OK and might make the playoffs.

If "breakout" is something different from "who do I start this week", I would say Toney. Has anyone put up "breakout" numbers since Hunt was there? I think I'll take the WR.
I feel one of these two will ascend to the top of their position for KC. I think McKinnon is ideal for an Andy Reid offense, but just doesn't stay healthy w volume. Not sure if Pacheco can adapt to the pass catching needed. I'm leaning Toney

Today I like Toney because of opportunity share for Toney. And I don't trust Reid to give any RB 15 touches in consecutive weeks.

The uber-talented YAC freak with 1st round pedigree who butted heads with a hardass coach but now has player-friendly Andy Reid in his corner who has incentive to make himself and the GM look smart for that trade….or the UDFA RB? Not hard for me to place that bet.

That’s not to say that Pacheco can’t have some big games, he absolutely can. That’s the beauty of the RB position. But Toney can turn into a star for that team.

toney has a longer path to being even mediocre while pacheco has no talent bums ahead of him not hard to see pacheco as a potential late season ff title winner
toney is a flame out flake like OBJ gonna be the same jackwagon in kc that obj has been elsewhere

I agree that the mental game will be Toney's biggest hurdle in the long run (past this season). It will be interesting if that is taken into account at all next year in redrafts. However, I think he can ride the high and keep it together for this year. He is better than JuJu and has a good chance to surpass him this year.

I would be interesting to see how it would go if the Chiefs face adversity/a down year in the future.

Pat Mahomes will steal some short yardage running situations and Andy Reid STILL loves to throw short passes as his running game. Pachecho will have to deal with that AND Kelce on the goalline. Pacheco is like the one black running back in Varsity Blues....he's going to have to take the TD in from outside the 20, because if they get into the red zone...ole Jon Voight Reid isn't giving him that ball.

I cannot wait to drop Toney who started at my WR #3. I am done with this experiment lol. No wonder Big Blue moved on.

In another league Pacheco got me 10.7 in the non-ppr Flex start. Moving forward, who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread