What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Patriots at Vikings (-2.5, 42.5)*** Turkey Night Football on NBC (1 Viewer)

Here’s a close up in super slo-mo of the Henry overturned TD. I still don’t see how this was conclusive that the ball hit the ground. His hand was under the ball. IMO, if they want to say he didn’t establish possession until after the ball moved and Henry brought the ball into his chest, fine. But if the ball didn’t hit the ground, it’s still a live ball. Henry was laying on the goal line and it would have been a catch at that point for a TD. Just the fact that the play had to get that much scrutiny makes it not clear and obvious. I thought they should have stuck with the ruling on the field.

LINK
Pause it at 2 seconds. Looks to be touching the ground to me.

Here’s a close up in super slo-mo of the Henry overturned TD. I still don’t see how this was conclusive that the ball hit the ground. His hand was under the ball. IMO, if they want to say he didn’t establish possession until after the ball moved and Henry brought the ball into his chest, fine. But if the ball didn’t hit the ground, it’s still a live ball. Henry was laying on the goal line and it would have been a catch at that point for a TD. Just the fact that the play had to get that much scrutiny makes it not clear and obvious. I thought they should have stuck with the ruling on the field.

LINK
You are making my case for me. If a play is replayed from a dozen angles on super slo-mo, and it has to be be paused and scrutinized, then that isn’t clear evidence that the call was wrong.

IMO, they should have 15 seconds to watch maybe three replays and if they can’t determine the call was obviously wrong, then the call on the field should stand.

LINK
You are making my case for me. If a play is replayed from a dozen angles on super slo-mo, and it has to be be paused and scrutinized, then that isn’t clear evidence that the call was wrong.

IMO, they should have 15 seconds to watch maybe three replays and if they can’t determine the call was obviously wrong, then the call on the field should stand.
So a speedy and prompt decision is more important than actually getting it correct? Nah.

LINK

So a speedy and prompt decision is more important than actually getting it correct? Nah.
The intent of the rule, and the way the rule is written, is that plays that go to video review should only be overturned when they are clear and obvious.

IMO, they shouldn’t even allow them to slow the play down and rewind it 8 times. They should have to play the replay at regular speed and if they can’t spot an obvious error very quickly, then it isn’t obvious. There was never any talk when they implemented replay to look at a play 100 times and take as much time needed to figure out what the right call should be.

On the Henry play, they had to look at the play from every angle possible and to slow it down and watch it frame by frame. Again, that to me is not obvious. To me, from my vantage point, the ball may have hit the ground, but Henry’s hand stayed under the ball. So if he bobbled it when he rolled over, I find it impossible to conclude 100% the ball ever hit the ground. Could it have? Sure. Did it definitively? I can’t tell. And it took almost five minutes to get to that point.

I'm shocked to have some optimism for the Pats passing game going foward. Agholor showed up and there was significant intermediate route volume.

Solid effort by the Pats and hopefully the start of Mac playing the way we thought he could going into the season…that being said right now they are what they are…an above average team that needs to prove they can beat a few legit teams if they are going to be a playoff team this year.

Prior to last last night, teams that:

- Scored 25+ points
- Had 400+ yards of offense
- Outgained their opponent
- Completed 70% of their passes
- Had fewer then 60 penalty yards
- Had no turnovers
- Did not miss a FG

in the history of the NFL (SB era) had gone a combined 170-0. With NE losing against MIN, that record is now 170-1.

LINK

This just gives me more reason to shake my head at giving up on Zach Wilson so quickly in New York. Mac Jones just picked apart Minnesota after looking pretty bad and being reined in by Belichick against the Jets in terms of play calling.

Mac looked good last night. Young QBs are going to look like that against certain teams. Just still sort of shaking my head. Mike White is not the future.

Users who are viewing this thread