What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patriots & Saints to swap 1st round picks? (1 Viewer)

I am starting to get that not-so-fresh feeling about this rumor.

no confirmation yet than anyone else heard this from Schefter?
FWIW this was brought up on a Pats board earlier today; some guy claimed to hear it on the radio. No one believed him though. I'd say this thread corroborates his story.
Nah, I'd say whoever started this thread may have read that one.Schefter notes tend to get confirmed within minutes. Especially on this board, where it seems like Shark Pool posters are monitoring every media outlet this side of al-jazeera. This one? No such luck. I am not complaining about the thread being started, but if no one else has come in here and said they heard the same thing, then I think this may have been conjured on another board.
I heard the same thing earlier this morning about the trade.

I have had the Pats and the Broncos trading...Pick #7 could be a good spot for Ced Ellis. I could see this happening with the Saints as well.

I don't think the Pats want to move back too far in the round...Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie could be the pick!

I have had the Pats and the Broncos trading...Pick #7 could be a good spot for Ced Ellis. I could see this happening with the Saints as well. I don't think the Pats want to move back too far in the round...Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie could be the pick!
I would be floored if the Pats used their first on a small school workout wonder whose draft stock shot up when he changed his name.

I have had the Pats and the Broncos trading...Pick #7 could be a good spot for Ced Ellis. I could see this happening with the Saints as well.

I don't think the Pats want to move back too far in the round...Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie could be the pick!
I would be floored if the Pats used their first on a small school workout wonder whose draft stock shot up when he changed his name.
Me too.I hope the Patriots are froced to stay at 7 and then take a LB/CB.

Im pretty sure theyre gonna move down and still try and get the Albert kid if he's still available. If not, they'll hopefully just take whoever the next guy is on the top of the Steelers' board. :kicksrock: that's right. stings doesnt it.

WEEI: Mike Holley was talking that he thought Mayo was going to end up on Pats. More of a mock than an inside scoop.

Thats probably the source of the rumor. Id surely be fine with it. I hope they don't draft a CB or DT at 7.

Im pretty sure theyre gonna move down and still try and get the Albert kid if he's still available. If not, they'll hopefully just take whoever the next guy is on the top of the Steelers' board. :rolleyes: that's right. stings doesnt it.
Actually the Steelers have ended up in a poisition that may be close to the same thing as the Pats.And that "thing" is... the real possibility that the draft position doesnt synch with the needs. And taking what ya want forces a serious loss in value.Steelers didnt have this problem a month ago, but with the flux hitting the boards over the past few weeks, we likely do now.I hope you dont take to much offense at the notion of wanting a team that just went 18-1 and sits with the 7th overall pick to lose a little value.

There is some speculation that the Pats would then take ILB Jerod Mayo from Tennessee.
WOW . . . my intel proved to be right.
...and I could not be more happy about it. The Pats desperately needed to add a young playmaker to that unit. IMO it was by far their biggest need. With the addition of Mayo and Hobson this unit suddenly has a lot more upside.By the way...another Patriot myth is gone. The Pats have now drafted a LB high. They always find a way to surprise.

There is some speculation that the Pats would then take ILB Jerod Mayo from Tennessee.
LOOK AT ME!
Sorry . . . had to gloat that I was actually right on something for a change. It doesn't happen that often.
Calling Mayo is something you should be proud of. That's not something most people had even thought of a week ago.

I have had the Pats and the Broncos trading...Pick #7 could be a good spot for Ced Ellis. I could see this happening with the Saints as well. I don't think the Pats want to move back too far in the round...Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie could be the pick!
Maybe they trade back into the round to get him them...I know they had two workouts with him...never brough in McKelvin. Cason was another CB they had multiple visits with.They have enough picks to trade up if needed.

LOOK AT ME!
Sorry . . . had to gloat that I was actually right on something for a change. It doesn't happen that often.
If they didn't go LB, you'd still be right after saying they NEVER go LB for months :confused:

Is this guy a good fit for the 3-4? - Who am I to question Bellichik but, hmmmm.

LOOK AT ME!
If they didn't go LB, you'd still be right after saying they NEVER go LB for months :lmao: Is this guy a good fit for the 3-4? - Who am I to question Bellichik but, hmmmm.
BUt they traded down to do it. I also think this year is a little bit of a different animal as they did not have as big a need in the past. I also heard more in the past few weeks that they actually were in the market in the past for LBs early (well, earlier than they ever took them) but the guys they wanted were already drafted by the time they had to pick.

LOOK AT ME!
If they didn't go LB, you'd still be right after saying they NEVER go LB for months :popcorn: Is this guy a good fit for the 3-4? - Who am I to question Bellichik but, hmmmm.
BUt they traded down to do it. I also think this year is a little bit of a different animal as they did not have as big a need in the past. I also heard more in the past few weeks that they actually were in the market in the past for LBs early (well, earlier than they ever took them) but the guys they wanted were already drafted by the time they had to pick.
It was reported that the trade was put in place Friday night, so that rumor was correct.

Nice deal for both teams. Glad to see the Saints grab an impact defensive player, especially a plugger in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread