What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pats vs Lions SNF game thread (1 Viewer)

You're right ... but a poor team can't run block .... or can't get separation from DB's on offense...

or stop a below avg DET team from running / throwing / and stop them on a 3rd down attempt.

Just poor play in every phase of the game.
Both "sides" of your argument are doing their job poorly. I've always been curious as to when the downfall does happen, who the Pats faithful will pledge their allegiance to. I'm already getting some anwsers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pats fans (other than me) will be saying ... oh, just wait until they get Eddleman back ... oh, and Josh Gordon too!

Does nothing for this defense. They are as bad as we saw vs. PHI in the SB ... maybe worse.

They had to know their defense was bad and still drafted a RB in the first round!  :confused:

Now they force the ball to said RB and it's dragging down their offense. Just stubborn and stupid.

Pats fans (other than me) will be saying ... oh, just wait until they get Eddleman back ... oh, and Josh Gordon too!

Does nothing for this defense. They are as bad as we saw vs. PHI in the SB ... maybe worse.

They had to know their defense was bad and still drafted a RB in the first round!  :confused:

Now they force the ball to said RB and it's dragging down their offense. Just stubborn and stupid.
Defense does look really bad.......but other than Gronk and White (who they refused to get involved tonight) they have nothing. Edelman is a huge factor for them. Brady loves his slot guy. He does not have one right now.....at all. Edelman is his security blanket. That guys production is not by accident. 

And Brady is looking on the wrong side of 40 though.......time to face the music of father time. 

Edelman coming back will be a big boost. Brady really misses him. Really obvious.
Are you saying he will be a performance enhancer?

Maybe the supplement they need?

A real shot in the arm?

Will he help them get back on their cycle?

Will he be the human growth hormone the offense is missing?

Both "sides" of your argument are doing their job poorly. I've always been curious as to when the downfall does happen, who the Pats faithful will stand behind. I'm already getting some anwsers.
Doesn't mean that I don't want them to win. I'm just not willing to view with rose glasses like some.

My eyes don't lie. These guys are not good. They weren't good when they were pre-Bledsoe 1-15 and I watched every game.

Does it mean I'm not a faithful fan if I can see they are not talented? 

Curious ... you still think they win 12 games this year? What, no faith?

Jets fan here cringing at how every one is burying the Pats' chances for the rest of the year.  I hope you're right, but history says otherwise.

A hard luck guy in my PPR league:

Round 1 - drafted Le'Veon Bell

Round 2 - drafted Devonta Foreman

Today - starts Tom Brady with Matt Ryan on his bench.  Also starts Josh Gordon with Jordy Nelson on his bench.

Are you saying he will be a performance enhancer?

Maybe the supplement they need?

A real shot in the arm?

Will he help them get back on their cycle?

Will he be the human growth hormone the offense is missing?
He will help them move the ball better.....but not a savior. They seriously look terrible.

And I am loving every freaking minute of it.

Clever post BTW....LOL!!!

A hard luck guy in my PPR league:

Round 1 - drafted Le'Veon Bell

Round 2 - drafted Devonta Foreman

Today - starts Tom Brady with Matt Ryan on his bench.  Also starts Josh Gordon with Jordy Nelson on his bench.
The first two, that sucks (even though there were warning flags with Foreman). Benching Ryan against the Saints for Brady? Ok, defensible. But the last one...no sympathy. Awful managing to make that move.

Win and 100+ yard rushing streak finally over.

I have no idea about the Lions. It's definitely not the same as Week 1. @Dallas is winnable and GB is no longer a sure L if the D plays anywhere near this good. They're probably still a 6-7 win team, but after this week, who can say anything for certain regarding the NFL?

Edelman is getting old and coming off a knee injury. I wouldn't count on him being a savior.
:goodposting:

This.

Edleman has already said that it's been a grind trying to get back to 100%. The way he plays, quick cuts... I'm not sure he'll be the same player coming back.

Gordon? ... that deal screams desperation.  Drunk couldn't keep it together for 3 games in CLE. I give him about a 20% chance of working in NE.

This has got to be Brady's last season.  At the moment, it seems he has finally hit the proverbial wall.
Hard to fault Brady. His WR's are horrible and they couldn't run the ball. His only weapon on offense, Gronk, was double and triple teamed.

Give him back Cooks and Amendola and Brady is his normal MVP self. Belichick screwed the pooch not keeping one or both of those players.

Put Brady on a team with talented players ... say the Browns, and he's elite again.

Hard to fault Brady. His WR's are horrible and they couldn't run the ball. His only weapon on offense, Gronk, was double and triple teamed.

Give him back Cooks and Amendola and Brady is his normal MVP self. Belichick screwed the pooch not keeping one or both of those players.

Put Brady on a team with talented players ... say the Browns, and he's elite again.
To say he hasn't lost a lot of his arm strength and accuracy deep is naive.  He isn't his old self and is on the way down.  Still think he's good, and will be much better with Gordon/Edelman back. 

To say he hasn't lost a lot of his arm strength and accuracy deep is naive.  He isn't his old self and is on the way down.  Still think he's good, and will be much better with Gordon/Edelman back. 
Naive? He's been over-throwing his sloth WR's deep. Have you watched any of his games this year? ... or are you basing your opinion on the one INT he threw tonight?

His weapons are crap and they can not get separation. On one play, he ran around in the pocket for 7 seconds and no one could get open in that amount of time. 

Haters can blame these losses on Brady ... but the fact is that his team is just not very good this year.

Naive? He's been over-throwing his sloth WR's deep. Have you watched any of his games this year? ... or are you basing your opinion on the one INT he threw tonight?

His weapons are crap and they can not get separation. On one play, he ran around in the pocket for 7 seconds and no one could get open in that amount of time. 

Haters can blame these losses on Brady ... but the fact is that his team is just not very good this year.
Do you not think his arm strength and deep ball accuracy have regressed over the last few years?

Do you not think his arm strength and deep ball accuracy have regressed over the last few years?
I think he definitely has. But in his case, he's regressed from "guy who can make any collection of receivers look like champs" to "guy who can take full advantage of talented receiving weapons."  Whether Edelman and Gordon have enough left to turn the ship around remains to be seen. I'd say probably.

I think he definitely has. But in his case, he's regressed from "guy who can make any collection of receivers look like champs" to "guy who can take full advantage of talented receiving weapons."  Whether Edelman and Gordon have enough left to turn the ship around remains to be seen. I'd say probably.
The hill in the afc east isn’t very steep. They’ll still make the playoffs and be a very dangerous team. 

Pats totally gave up at the end there
They were down 16 with a minute to go no timeouts and had to drive 80 yards for the 1st score and it is week 3. The game was over. 

You are probably the same person that complains about garbage time fantasy stats, getting your star players hurt because they are in there when the game is over, or the last 3 minutes of this game are taking to long because the game is over, but the other team is clocking it or calling their times down 2+ scores. 

Users who are viewing this thread