What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL - Rounds 13 and 14 (1 Viewer)

I do have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the lack of defenses / kickers being drafted.  Usually we get teams jumping on them back in the 7th-8th round. 

Very tight draft...except for Nall.  :P
SOD.
You guys crack me up...Our resident "know it all" scouts, trashing on somebody's pick...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-m...=yhoo&type=lgns

I'm sure now its time to trash away on Marv Levy.. What the hell does this old geezer know right???

I do have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the lack of defenses / kickers being drafted.  Usually we get teams jumping on them back in the 7th-8th round. 

Very tight draft...except for Nall.   :P
SOD.
You guys crack me up...Our resident "know it all" scouts, trashing on somebody's pick...

I'm sure now its time to trash away on Marv Levy.. What the hell does this old geezer know right???
You were saying???Working on the depth chart.

I do have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the lack of defenses / kickers being drafted. Usually we get teams jumping on them back in the 7th-8th round.

Very tight draft...except for Nall. :P
SOD.

Bills fan?If Nall is under center in Buffalo, they have serious issues and McGahee, Evans and anyone else left there get a major downgrade. Holcomb is the best they have, and they should be in the Collins or Harrington market if this is an open competition.

It isn't a wonder now that Moulds would be happy to leave, even to Houston.

I do have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the lack of defenses / kickers being drafted. Usually we get teams jumping on them back in the 7th-8th round.

SOD.

All I know is that this is the only team where both the owner and the GM can go to a 55+ community and visit their kids.

Now you did it.

:lol:

What, did we not change the clocks?

I thought we took off 12-8 Eastern.

It's fine by me - pick away. Just funny we had zilch for about 5 hours before midnight.

Very tight draft...except for Nall.   :P
SOD.

Bills fan?If Nall is under center in Buffalo, they have serious issues and McGahee, Evans and anyone else left there get a major downgrade. Holcomb is the best they have, and they should be in the Collins or Harrington market if this is an open competition.

the Bills have serious issues no matter who is under center. I have no idea what to make of the Nall reports, but Holcombe is far from the answer. FWIW, I'd prefer Losman and Nall over Holcombe. At least those guys have a chance to grow and improve into the QB of the future. Holcombe is a stopgap, no more no less. If Holcombe becomes the starter, that just means they should have stuck with Bledsoe, but that isn't saying much. This team needs to focus on the running game and defense...all they need is a QB who can make some plays once in a while and not screw things up. If Kyle Orton can win games in this league, nearly anyone should be able to with the right pieces around him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only hope Ruds is about to enlighten us to the brilliance that is Craig Nall.

ETA - That Ruds types WAY faster than LHUCKS.

Fiddles is offline.

Likely it for tonight.

Hopefully we can get 3-4 rounds done tomorrow.

First post is updated.

We have 6 1/2 rounds to go.
Count much ?? 7 1/2
I stand corrected.At least you got a chance to finally find one mistake I've made. :boxing:
funny, i've found "13" so far... :popcorn:
Count much ??14
must be up past your bedtime again, ay BNB ??i give him the first round for free.

:thumbup:

Fiddles is offline.

Likely it for tonight.

Hopefully we can get 3-4 rounds done tomorrow.

First post is updated.

We have 6 1/2 rounds to go.
Count much ?? 7 1/2
I stand corrected.At least you got a chance to finally find one mistake I've made. :boxing:
funny, i've found "13" so far... :popcorn:
Count much ??14
must be up past your bedtime again, ay BNB ??i give him the first round for free.

:thumbup:
So did I.Signing up to compete against you was the other mistake you forgot. :banned:

Sent my 13.14 pick to BNB, Construx, and LHUCKS. I'll be on to make my 14.03 tomorrow morning (probably around 10:30 PST).

SOD.

We'll certainly see. :popcorn:

Shawn Bryson - RB- Det -

Local stories have said that Corey Schelsinger doesn't really fits Martz' system and that Bryson is gonna see quite a bit of time at fullback. He's always been a decent reception kinda guy anyway.

13.12 Brian Griese, QB, Chicago Bears

PMing sniffer
Completly missed that he was available. OK, now I can admit that Nall was a mistake. Griese is a better fit for my criteria: Most likely to become a starter without needing injury to the current starter. Guys like Schaub and Volek don't meet that criteria. :bag:

PMing sniffer
Completly missed that he was available. OK, now I can admit that Nall was a mistake. Griese is a better fit for my criteria: Most likely to become a starter without needing injury to the current starter. Guys like Schaub and Volek don't meet that criteria. :bag:
So McNair possibly getting cut doesn't meet your criteria?

Shawn Bryson - RB- Det -

Local stories have said that Corey Schelsinger doesn't really fits Martz' system and that Bryson is gonna see quite a bit of time at fullback. He's always been a decent reception kinda guy anyway.
I like Bryson, always seems to run hard and not make mistakes. He's lacking in talent, but he makes up for it in other ways. I agree with you that he'll see some solid PT this year. The Lions paid him a good chunk of change to stick around.

PMing sniffer
I don't understand the rumors about him being released.http://www.belleville.com/mld/belleville/sports/14006877.htm

March 03, 2006

The Titans decided Thursday to pay a $1 million fee that will keep McNair with the team this season but allow him to become a free agent after 2006.

"What this amounts to is they decided to pay $1 million and not add three years to his contract, so this is his last year. At the end of this year, Steve will be a free agent," agent Bus Cook said.

Titans General Manager Floyd Reese said they will keep trying to negotiate a new deal with McNair that gives them more room under the salary cap.

"The cap number is much bigger than we'd like to live with. It would help if we extend his contract, and it also helps us get more players. He will for sure be a Titan for another year, and then hopefully more after that," Reese said.

Cook said McNair's salary cap number for 2006 will be $23.4 million. The cap is $94.5 million.
I get that his cap number is huge, but just a month ago everyone seemed to be saying he was definitely going to be a Titan for another year.

Meanwhile, the Titans still must solve a potential dilemma with their current quarterback Steve McNair, who counts $23.46 million against the cap in the final year of his contract. McNair’s agent Bus Cook wants an extension with guarantees beyond 2006, and Reese said the Titans cannot enter the season with McNair’s current cap number.

“I think we have to do something,” Reese said. “You can’t have one player counting a quarter of your cap, no matter who the player is.”
LINK
Word has it that the Ravens are still waiting for the Tennessee Titans to cut veteran quarterback Steve McNair so they can bring him to Baltimore.
LINK

PMing sniffer
I'm not convinced it is going to happen. Especially if they draft a QB. But if I was, I'd take Volek over him, sure. Again, look at my thought process even if you don't agree with it. Favre is a pretty big risk. He might retire. So I don't want the best QB left, I want the best QB left that as the best chance of seeing the field. Sure you can say that Vick always gets hurt or that McNair might get cut, but that isn't all that sure of a thing. Now, even Griese isn't certain to beat out Grossman, but when you combine the fact that I think he's better, Grossman has an injury history and it sounds like the competition will be open, then Griese would have been a better option. But the Bills QB spot is pretty wide open. I think that the new regime has soured on Losman. I think they realize that starting Holcomb is like standing still. So I think Nall has a real shot at starting. Now, is he a fantasy starter? No. But his 7 measly points the week that Eli is on Bye just might be the difference between advancing or not.

Sorry about the delays. Definitely didn't expect Bryson to go in the one pick remaining before mine. I don't think he was even drafted in WSL2 and he was a 19th or 20th round pick in WSL1. Surely you can understand why I expected him to be available. Anyhow, I'm sending my 14.03 to Construx, but I should be back to check in pretty soon.

Sorry about the delays. Definitely didn't expect Bryson to go in the one pick remaining before mine. I don't think he was even drafted in WSL2 and he was a 19th or 20th round pick in WSL1. Surely you can understand why I expected him to be available. Anyhow, I'm sending my 14.03 to Construx, but I should be back to check in pretty soon.
Send a short list.

Send a short list.
I got it. Just waiting on Duke I think.

No prob. EBF, It happens.I knew I had to take him soon or I wouldn't get him

Send a short list.
I sent a very short list ;) . There are a couple reasons why I often only send one pick:1. Sometimes I am set on one player. When that player is gone, I don't like to decide who to take until after I see the picks before mine.

2. Some of the guys on my list would be targeted with future picks, and I'd rather not remind other owners of their availability. I know we've got a quality group of guys here, but we're all human.

Anyhow, I've probably been checking the draft as regularly as anyone else in the league, so I don't feel guilty about the possibility of causing a short delay here and there. I've had to sit through plenty of them. It's part of the process.

Send a short list.
I sent a very short list ;) . There are a couple reasons why I often only send one pick:1. Sometimes I am set on one player. When that player is gone, I don't like to decide who to take until after I see the picks before mine.

2. Some of the guys on my list would be targeted with future picks, and I'd rather not remind other owners of their availability. I know we've got a quality group of guys here, but we're all human.

Anyhow, I've probably been checking the draft as regularly as anyone else in the league, so I don't feel guilty about the possibility of causing a short delay here and there. I've had to sit through plenty of them. It's part of the process.
Just :pokey: at ya.I'm the same way when I send a pick (which I apparently never get).

Send a short list.

Well EBF, he's listed at 5'9" so he's not THAT short. :P I agree with your approach actually.

Users who are viewing this thread