What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peterson charged with reckless or negligent injury to a child? (1 Viewer)

You don't whip a child, he's not a slave. I wouldn't whip an animal, much less my child or another human being. I hate cruelty.
I'm with you but much of the country finds it perfectly acceptable - spare the road, spoil the child and that.

He'll get a lot of :hifive: from the religious community.
No one's going to be high-fiving the guy accused of child abuse who has one child already who died from child abuse.

Timing couldn't be worse for AP. How long would he be suspended for based on all the new rules? How soon would that start?

Asiata?

or McKinnon?

Hmmmmmmm...

Why is anyone assuming he won't play? His kid died and he still played. He's not going to let a little thing like an arrest stop him.

I wonder if the little boy was tattling

( •_•) because

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■) snitches get switches

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is anyone assuming he won't play? His kid died and he still played. He's not going to let a little thing like an arrest stop him.
With the indictment, he has to turn himself in to be processed. Glazer reported his status is up in the air because of that.

What did he do? I mean spanking a child and leaving a mark is considered child abuse now. It doesn't take much. I don't spank my child because of that. Waterboarding doesn't leave a mark though.......

I probably would never do this, but I can't say I think switching is wrong. Just the way we were raised, and I'm AP's age.

With the indictment, he has to turn himself in to be processed. Glazer reported his status is up in the air because of that.
pretty sure he gets bail
If he is indicted I would bet anything, all things considered, that AP will miss significant time. Given how Roger Goddell got absolutely pummeled for his lack of compassion for DV he will go way overboard with this

Sources connected to Peterson tell us ... the alleged victim is a male child from Minnesota who was visiting Adrian back in May at AP's home in Texas.

We're told the child returned home to his mother in Minn. who noticed injuries and took the child to a doctor. A short time later, the doctor contacted authorities in Texas to report Adrian.

Child Protective Services confirms they are working on a case involving Peterson and say the alleged victim is an 11-year-old boy.

Peterson was indicted in Montgomery County for reckless or negligent injury to a child, this according to Fox 26.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/#ixzz3D8e1aN7S

So his son went to stay with AP in his house in TX for what I guess is a couple of days and returns home with bruises.

This is not good

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably would never do this, but I can't say I think switching is wrong. Just the way we were raised, and I'm AP's age.
The way I see it, those parents who don't have the intellect to use words to communicate properly, resort to this type of punishment.

Instilling fear is an epic fail, in my opinion.

Sources connected to Peterson tell us ... the alleged victim is a male child from Minnesota who was visiting Adrian back in May at AP's home in Texas.

We're told the child returned home to his mother in Minn. who noticed injuries and took the child to a doctor. A short time later, the doctor contacted authorities in Texas to report Adrian.

Child Protective Services confirms they are working on a case involving Peterson and say the alleged victim is an 11-year-old boy.

Peterson was indicted in Montgomery County for reckless or negligent injury to a child, this according to Fox 26.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/#ixzz3D8e1aN7S
He is screwed. In a big big way, he is screwed.

was a common form in the south and among black families. few months ago a buddy of mine were talking about this and he brought up that his gmom use to switch his ###. had no idea what it meant and he said ah it was a black thing lol

The way I see it, those parents who don't have the intellect to use words to communicate properly, resort to this type of punishment.

i'll bet you have no kids, just casting judgments from your soapbox

He is screwed. In a big big way, he is screwed.
I'm not surprised that a Minnesota mother wouldn't understand how things are done in Texas.

Can't wait to find out what the kid did that cause AP to use the switch.

was a common form in the south and among black families. few months ago a buddy of mine were talking about this and he brought up that his gmom use to switch his ###. had no idea what it meant and he said ah it was a black thing lol
Yeah, the South here. Bible Belt punishment. Son, go get the Bible and the belt.

i'll bet you have no kids, just casting judgments from your soapbox
I'm a father and it's not even part of my thought process to use violence to discipline my child.

Users who are viewing this thread