What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peterson listed as inactive for MNF (1 Viewer)

Wow. AP owner in my league is playing tonight and needs an average performance. He has Gerhart but I'm not sure he's aware that AP is out. I could text him but I don't feel it's my place to do that. Sure, I'd be helping him, but I'd be screwing the guy he's playing, right?Moral dilemma!
Doing nothing is the right call.

Need 31, thank goodness I have Gerhart. I also have Rice and I hope Favre starting is a good thing for him. I actually think my chances are better knowing that Peterson won't kill my chances with 3 carries and then he goes to the bench.
Who's more likely to help you: Gerhart or Rice? Total crap shoot. Favre could get hurt again.

Need 31, thank goodness I have Gerhart. I also have Rice and I hope Favre starting is a good thing for him. I actually think my chances are better knowing that Peterson won't kill my chances with 3 carries and then he goes to the bench.
Who's more likely to help you: Gerhart or Rice? Total crap shoot. Favre could get hurt again.
A chance with Favre is better than no chance with Webb as far as Rice is concerned. As for Gerhart, it's better that ADP is not playing if he was going to play, but play very little. I couldn't see myself benching Peterson if he was active.

Wow. AP owner in my league is playing tonight and needs an average performance. He has Gerhart but I'm not sure he's aware that AP is out. I could text him but I don't feel it's my place to do that. Sure, I'd be helping him, but I'd be screwing the guy he's playing, right?Moral dilemma!
If he is your good buddy hell ya tell 'em if there is no other attachment other than league trash talk he should go down with the ship. Its the semi finals who doesnt check Roto!!!
I'm in the semi's playing an owner who is starting AP. He has Chester on his bench so I sent him a message.I felt a little dirty sitting on that information. He has Cutler / AP (could be chester) and I have a 26 pt lead. He's not really a friend but sitting here hoping he doesn't update his lineup just had a huge ##### bag feel to it. =)

I own AP. So I own Gerhart. Sometimes comes in handy like tonight.It's not rocket science.
Yes, unless you're in a league like mine that freezes line-ups on the kickoff of the first game of the week. Oh well...have to hope that the Bears' D gets me more than 9 points...

What a messy postseason for fantasy owners....Aaron Rodgers hurt, Arian Foster doing nada, VincenT Jackson blowing up when he was surely on everyone's bench, now AP sitting.GOing to be a lot of weird looking championship teams in a lot of leagues this year.
True champs rise above adversity, chief.

I own AP. So I own Gerhart. Sometimes comes in handy like tonight.It's not rocket science.
Yes, unless you're in a league like mine that freezes line-ups on the kickoff of the first game of the week. Oh well...have to hope that the Bears' D gets me more than 9 points...
What a messed up rule that is. You should be able to put anyone into your lineup right up until the start of THEIR game. I don't know too many leagues that do like your league does.

AP owner here. I could grab Gerhart right now and start him, if I waive AP for him. This would give me all Gerhart's points tonight but our playoffs start next week and go through week 17.

Do I get points today and go into the playoffs without AP or take the zero for potentially recovered AP next week?

Will he even play again? This could be a sneaky play for my unique league.

What a messed up rule that is. You should be able to put anyone into your lineup right up until the start of THEIR game. I don't know too many leagues that do like your league does.
My league does this. All players locked till wk 16.

My league does this. All players locked till wk 16.
You should always be able to put replacements in if you have them. Not being able to make ww moves is one thing, not being able to do lineup changes at the last minute is bush league.

AP owner here. I could grab Gerhart right now and start him, if I waive AP for him. This would give me all Gerhart's points tonight but our playoffs start next week and go through week 17.Do I get points today and go into the playoffs without AP or take the zero for potentially recovered AP next week?Will he even play again? This could be a sneaky play for my unique league.
You don't have a worse player than AD to drop?

AP owner here. I could grab Gerhart right now and start him, if I waive AP for him. This would give me all Gerhart's points tonight but our playoffs start next week and go through week 17.Do I get points today and go into the playoffs without AP or take the zero for potentially recovered AP next week?Will he even play again? This could be a sneaky play for my unique league.
You don't have a worse player than AD to drop?
At this point only Chicago or Minnesota players can be used to waiver and AP is my only guy from those teams.

lmao

yahoo league, have AP and Webb going...i seen Favre starting and AP was out....stuck rolling without a WR but i have Forte to replace AP

Depends whether you need the points or not. If this week's points could be the difference between advancing and not advancing, you have to make the move. If not, you should probably expect that Peterson will outperform Gerhart over the next two weeks.

Are you already in the playoffs?

I'm playing against ADP, but have a 34pt lead. Opponent has ADP and Urlacher.

Thinking about picking up Toby as a defensive maneuver before he does.

What's the likelihood that Gebhart and Urlacher can get a combined 34 points tonight?

6pt/TD

1pt/10yds

3pts/sack or INT

1pt/tackle

0.5pt/assist

1.5pt/PD

Put AP on the bench yesterday and started Britt in his place in a 4WR 1RB set. Worked out well and I'm in the championship game unless the Bears Defense scores 5 TD or something totally silly... :bag:

I'm playing against ADP, but have a 34pt lead. Opponent has ADP and Urlacher.Thinking about picking up Toby as a defensive maneuver before he does.What's the likelihood that Gebhart and Urlacher can get a combined 34 points tonight?6pt/TD1pt/10yds3pts/sack or INT1pt/tackle0.5pt/assist1.5pt/PD
Slim

I have AP but have both Gerhart and Harvin to replace him.You other AP owners have no back up plan ?
My bigger money league (6K pot, 3K to the winner) locks lineups at 9:55am Pacific on Sunday. Stupid, I know. Maybe now I'll get the league's attention to change this offseason. Guy down by 4 points, played ADP, has Gerhart on his roster and can't switch him. Brutal way to miss a SB.

Man, what a lesson in handcuffing for playoffs. Up until now, I always considered a handcuff useless unless the handcuff was better than my RB4. Gerhart sucks so he didn't make the cut. And if the handcuffed player was in any danger of not starting, I'd just play my RB4.

I've never planned for a situation where a player went through a full week of practice and then didn't start on a late game during playoffs.

This is the most compelling case for a handcuff that I've come across. Of course, the chances of it happening again are rare. But disastrous if it does.

I have AP but have both Gerhart and Harvin to replace him.You other AP owners have no back up plan ?
My bigger money league (6K pot, 3K to the winner) locks lineups at 9:55am Pacific on Sunday. Stupid, I know. Maybe now I'll get the league's attention to change this offseason. Guy down by 4 points, played ADP, has Gerhart on his roster and can't switch him. Brutal way to miss a SB.
togh call on leagues with early lock time - hindsight is 20/20 but I probably would have gone conservative and played my #3 or Gerhart - I am always averse to getting a goose egg . . .

last report I saw was he practiced Saturday and was "optimistic" for Monday Night. WTH happened? Where was the setback? Was it just the cold?

oh my...that REALLY sucks. I feel for you AP owners who needed a couple points. That's a tough break.
Came here to make a post asking how many people just got in the finals with that announcement. Count me as one of them, really crappy way to win. Dude needed 23 points for the win but still, I'd rather have won straight up.

oh my...that REALLY sucks. I feel for you AP owners who needed a couple points. That's a tough break.
Came here to make a post asking how many people just got in the finals with that announcement. Count me as one of them, really crappy way to win. Dude needed 23 points for the win but still, I'd rather have won straight up.
wouldnt say it was a crappy way to win . . . the monday night game and the questionable tag made for a strategical decision by the owner - he risked starting AP and paid for it . . .

Not that it matters now but can't imagine any owner not 'cuffing' their #1
I'm seeing more and more leagues where other owners will draft a stud player's handcuff early, then try to hold him for ransom. The days of easily grabbing your handcuffs in the last round are fading.

post of the thread . . .
Eh. Gerhardt sucks. The only time I'd start him over my RB4 is a situation like this, where AP practices all week, including Saturday, looks good to go, and then is a surprise inactive. That's never happened to me before in the six or so years I've played fantasy football. I've had more success using the roster spot on a high upside flier like hillis/Blount/etc. than waste it on a pure backup with mediocre ability.That said, now having experienced this situation first hand (and being lucky to withstand it in both leagues I have AP) I might reconsider come playoff time next hear. Maybe. Probably not, though. More likely I'll respect the questionable tag more on a Sunday/Monday night game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, what a lesson in handcuffing for playoffs. Up until now, I always considered a handcuff useless unless the handcuff was better than my RB4. Gerhart sucks so he didn't make the cut. And if the handcuffed player was in any danger of not starting, I'd just play my RB4.I've never planned for a situation where a player went through a full week of practice and then didn't start on a late game during playoffs.This is the most compelling case for a handcuff that I've come across. Of course, the chances of it happening again are rare. But disastrous if it does.
He didn't have a full week of practice. He was out Wed and Thurs, and limited on Fri and Sat...

What a messy postseason for fantasy owners....Aaron Rodgers hurt, Arian Foster doing nada, VincenT Jackson blowing up when he was surely on everyone's bench, now AP sitting.

GOing to be a lot of weird looking championship teams in a lot of leagues this year.
Wrong wrong wrong. I started him over Roddy White.

I left him on the bench but still won. I do believe he'll be in the line up in the finals next week though.

post of the thread . . .
Eh. Gerhardt sucks. The only time I'd start him over my RB4 is a situation like this, where AP practices all week, including Saturday, looks good to go, and then is a surprise inactive. That's never happened to me before in the six or so years I've played fantasy football. I've had more success using the roster spot on a high upside flier like hillis/Blount/etc. than waste it on a pure backup with mediocre ability.

That said, now having experienced this situation first hand (and being lucky to withstand it in both leagues I have AP) I might reconsider come playoff time next hear. Maybe. Probably not, though. More likely I'll respect the questionable tag more on a Sunday/Monday night game.
He didn't - he barely practiced Saturday.

What a messy postseason for fantasy owners....Aaron Rodgers hurt, Arian Foster doing nada, VincenT Jackson blowing up when he was surely on everyone's bench, now AP sitting.

GOing to be a lot of weird looking championship teams in a lot of leagues this year.
Wrong wrong wrong. I started him over Roddy White.
I also started him, but it was over Gaffney before I knew Orton was out. So it wasn't quite the no-brainer it would be with knowing Tebow would start but still a comfortable call.not sure I would have started him over White. In fact, I'm quite confident I wouldn't have. Good call on your part.

Lost by 8 pts because of this....

My fault for not having a backup plan on a Monday night.

That and sitting Ray Rice, Torain and Tolbert, anyone of would have won the game for me.

Pulling M. Williams (TB) for V. Davis at the last minute also didn't help....

Users who are viewing this thread