What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Philadelphia at Dallas (1 Viewer)

Congratulation Eagles fans you're the new Dallas cowboy fans. Obnoxious front runners. 

This is why I didn't talk a lot of smack last year. When the eagle show up next training camp fat and overconfident and things don't go right your guys egos will come crashing back down.

Enjoy the ride and good luck. 

On the run, in the pocket, my point is Dak is a naturally more accurate paper. Much better release than Wentz. Not even close, although, Wentz has tightened it up slightly. Also, being a much bigger threat around the GL as a runner is huge in today's NFL.

For those 2 reasons, I'm taking Dak over Wentz as a prospect if both had the same personnel despite preferring Wentz in FF (as things stand now).

----------

BTW, from what I've seen, you're one of the biggest trolls on here. You're constantly trying to inflame people. I have news for you...it simply doesn't work.

Go back to talking football & everyone will be better off, including yourself.

You're giving Eagles fans a bad name, most of whom I find respectable.
You taking Dak over Wentz means nothing. You're in the .005 percentile. Virtually no one else on this earth would make that choice.  And I'm on the right side here. Check out yesterday's poll.  You love quoting one defensive coordinator who said something positive about Prescott in order to get his team mentally prepared but you ignore the poll where 8 of 8 NFL GMs said they'd prefer Wentz.  Sorry, son. That's not trolling. That's a simple case of 'scoreboard'. 

I'll give you Prescott as a goal line runner. Since that seems to be a huge thing with you. Maybe Mike Tolbert should become a quarterback. Best goal line running QB ever! 

Oh, and as for me being a troll, everyone who commented on this subject has sided with me. I just seem like a troll to you because they all have commented that you're either just trolling or so blinded by your homerism that you sound unintelligent and they stopped humoring you.  So you should be thanking me for allowing you to keep this ridiculousness going. You are literally all alone in your opinion. 

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, liking Dak more as a prospect & preferring Wentz in FF isn't a contradiction.

The Eagles, while their OL isn't as good, is more stable in regards to injuries (that's clearly evident). Also, they have a MUCH better receiving corps. Not even close (go ask your typical Cowboys fan how they feel about their receiving corps).

Then you have the Zeke factor. Having an elite RB is going to take away production from Dak. Number 1, you're going to call more running plays in the RZ which obviously makes a big difference in FF. Dak is a great RZ runner, but Zeke still takes a lot of production away as far as FF is concerned.

Maybe it'll change. If the Cowboys get a stud WR in the draft or FA (making Dez our #2) to go along with Rico Gathers (who is going to be a nightmare to defend & will make a HUGE difference to our offense next season), then yeah, I could see it. Until then, give me Wentz in FF.

One more point I want to make in all of this. I keep hearing Dak needs a great OL & a great RB to be successful. Blah, blah, blah, LOL.

Yet Wentz has a very good OL & has a MUCH better receiving corps. Not only that, the Eagles lead the league in rushing (or did recently). Chew on that a while. ;)

You'll find all QBs benefit from a good environment. Young QBs, especially.

Wentz is benefiting from exceptionally good talent around him as a whole & they've been able to cover for a couple injuries. Dak has been hurt the last couple games from not so much Zeke being out, but having no depth behind Tyrone Smith. Unfortunately for us, it's made a huge difference. Before that, Dak was right there with Wentz (& there's still only a 4 total TD difference which is amazing).

One more point I want to make in all of this. I keep hearing Dak needs a great OL & a great RB to be successful. Blah, blah, blah, LOL.

Yet Wentz has a very good OL & has a MUCH better receiving corps. Not only that, the Eagles lead the league in rushing. Chew on that a while. ;)

You'll find all QBs benefit from a good environment. Young QBs, especially.

Wentz is benefiting from exceptionally good talent around him as a whole & they've been able to cover for a couple injuries. Dak has been hurt the last couple games from not so much Zeke being out, but having no depth behind Tyrone Smith. Unfortunately for us, it's made a huge difference. Before that, Dak was right there with Wentz (& there's still only a 4 total TD difference which is amazing).
:mellow:

Exactly. My point is Wentz is benefitting from the same things people say Dak needs. It's the definition of insanity.

Because our protection has broken down where no QB would be effective, that's a knock on Dak?

Come on, LOL.
You're acting like Dallas has no running game when Morris averaged more per rush than Prescott did throwing.  And there are teams with far worse O line that are still winning games.  Keep in mind, this team was 5-3 WITH the so-called superior talent.

Exactly. My point is Wentz is benefitting from the same things people say Dak needs. It's the definition of insanity.

Because our protection has broken down where no QB would be effective, that's a knock on Dak?

Come on, LOL.
In your first statement, you laughed at the idea Dak needs a strong running game, O line, blah blah.  Then you make the exact statement that he's suffering from a lack of said players.

You're acting like Dallas has no running game when Morris averaged more per rush than Prescott did throwing.  And there are teams with far worse O line that are still winning games.  Keep in mind, this team was 5-3 WITH the so-called superior talent.
Morris wasn't much of a factor. You guys DEFINTELY can be run on, but unfortunately, our pass pro killed us & we weren't able to get drives going.

You're run D ranking is a little deceiving because of your offense, but while the Eagles have a good D overall, it's the one area we can gash you. That said, we need to be able to cover for injuries better (LT) for us to sustain drives.

In your first statement, you laughed at the idea Dak needs a strong running game, O line, blah blah.  Then you make the exact statement that he's suffering from a lack of said players.
My first statement was comparing Dak & Wentz' situation.

The latter was in regards to our pass pro the last couple games, for which no QB would be effective.

I believe Dallas is going to have the edge long-term, mainly because of our OL & Zeke. That's simply a deadly combination. Then when you add in Dak & a revamped receiving corps (which won't be too hard to do), we're going to be almost impossible to defend.

Need some work on D, especially the back end, but that's doable given we already have 2 nasty young pass-rushers in DeMarcus Lawrence & David Irving (which is a big key to stopping opposing offenses). 

This rivalry is going to be really fun. I actually look forward to it. Competition makes you better. You know Jerry is going to pull out all the stops to remain on top of the division.

I have no problem admitting the Eagles are a better team right now, but that's going to change as early as next season, IMO. Either way, here's to Philly & their newfound success. :toast:

Haha. This guy. 
I'm genuinely trying to give you guys a compliment. No hidden meaning.

Anyway, imagine that, an Eagles fan doesn't like hearing a Cowboys fan thinks we might be better next season. ;)

It may not be what you want to hear, but it's very realistic. :shrug:

----------

BTW, this doesn't necessarily belong in this post, but whether it was because we hindered Ertz or he had a bad game or a combination of both, this is why I said limiting Ertz would have a big effect on Wentz. He barely completed 50% of his passes for only 168 yards. Wentz was fortunate to come away with 2 passing TDs, at least one when they normally would've kicked a FG (I forget what happened with the other one).

Take away Ertz & it really affects Wentz. It's not surprising given it's only his 2nd season, but it's one of the big keys as far as hindering Wentz' production right now. I'm sure teams took notice of it. It'll be interesting to see how you guys counter it.

I'm genuinely trying to give you guys a compliment. No hidden meaning.

Anyway, imagine that, an Eagles fan doesn't like hearing a Cowboys fan thinks we might be better next season. ;)

It may not be what you want to hear, but it's very realistic. :shrug:

----------

BTW, this doesn't necessarily belong in this post, but whether it was because we hindered Ertz or he had a bad game or a combination of both, this is why I said limiting Ertz would have a big effect on Wentz. He barely completed 50% of his passes for only 168 yards. Wentz was fortunate to come away with 2 passing TDs, at least one when they normally would've kicked a FG (I forget what happened with the other one).

Take away Ertz & it really affects Wentz. It's not surprising given it's only his 2nd season, but it's one of the big keys as far as hindering Wentz' production right now. I'm sure teams took notice of it. It'll be interesting to see how you guys counter it.
Did you say Wentz 'only had 168 yards? Lol. He only had a hundred sixty eight yards because we ran for 200 on you guys. Wentz went through you guys at will. He had two touchdowns and no interceptions. Your beloved quarterback had 0 touchdowns and three interceptions and also put the ball on the ground which we ran back for a touchdown. If 168 with two touchdowns and no interceptions is being limited, I'll take that every game for the rest of his career. LOL. You've been pretty pathetic since our Dallas beat down but this post might be your weakest yet. I'll give you credit. You have been very entertaining. You're like a young Jerry Lewis. Or maybe Benny Hill. Not many comedians are willing to make themselves look silly for the entertainment of others. I applaud you. ?

JuniorNB said:
Did you say Wentz 'only had 168 yards? Lol. He only had a hundred sixty eight yards because we ran for 200 on you guys. Wentz went through you guys at will. He had two touchdowns and no interceptions. Your beloved quarterback had 0 touchdowns and three interceptions and also put the ball on the ground which we ran back for a touchdown. If 168 with two touchdowns and no interceptions is being limited, I'll take that every game for the rest of his career. LOL. You've been pretty pathetic since our Dallas beat down but this post might be your weakest yet. I'll give you credit. You have been very entertaining. You're like a young Jerry Lewis. Or maybe Benny Hill. Not many comedians are willing to make themselves look silly for the entertainment of others. I applaud you. ?
Wentz had 27 attempts & 14 completions. My point is Wentz had trouble without Ertz being effective. If I notice it (even before the game as I mentioned), DCs are noticing it. Nothing to do with running the ball. 

It's something you'll definitely have to address if teams are able to limit Ertz. 

BTW, I know a lot of your stiff is schtick & you might be really young (not sure) so I'm not going to hold it against you.

----------

Kind of tough to talk real football with some of the blind homerism I see from some people, but again, I find most Eagles fans to be respectable. That said, I see the same thing from some Cowboys fans. Every team has their blind homers you just can't talk serious football with.

Wentz had 27 attempts & 14 completions. My point is Wentz had trouble without Ertz being effective. If I notice it (even before the game as I mentioned), DCs are noticing it. Nothing to do with running the ball. 

It's something you'll definitely have to address if teams are able to limit Ertz. 

BTW, I know a lot of your stiff is schtick & you might be really young (not sure) so I'm not going to hold it against you.

----------

Kind of tough to talk real football with some of the blind homerism I see from some people, but again, I find most Eagles fans to be respectable. That said, I see the same thing from some Cowboys fans. Every team has their blind homers you just can't talk serious football with.
Yes. Defensive coordinators will take notice that Wentz only had a 95.8 quarterback rating and was able to score at will and rack up 30 points of offense.  Looks like Dallas wrote the blueprint on only losing 37-9 to him.  Rofl.  

----------

The offense struggled in the first half coming off their bye.  Its been a recurring thing for them coming off extended layoffs.  Still, the offense put up 31 points (now 30+ in 4 straight) - without a kicker.  If that's having trouble, the rest of the NFL better watch out when they're hitting on all cylinders. 

I watch nearly all of the Eagles games (because of Wentz) & I catch myself cringing at times wondering if he's is going to sail one. I will say I'm mostly over it, but still catch myself cringing even though Wentz doesn't do it nearly as often.

I agree with this last year for sure, but this year, it hasn't seemed like that much of a problem.  He does throw some high balls, a lot of which are being caught, but I agree that he can still improve his mechanics.

Yes. Defensive coordinators will take notice that Wentz only had a 95.8 quarterback rating and was able to score at will and rack up 30 points of offense.  Looks like Dallas wrote the blueprint on only losing 37-9 to him.  Rofl.  
There you go. The QB rating, LOL.

I'm sure they're really impressed.

The fact remains limiting Ertz is one key to hindering Wentz. Not the only key, but possibly the biggest.

The offense struggled in the first half coming off their bye.  Its been a recurring thing for them coming off extended layoffs.  Still, the offense put up 31 points (now 30+ in 4 straight) - without a kicker.  If that's having trouble, the rest of the NFL better watch out when they're hitting on all cylinders. 
I'm referring to hindering Wentz which was the case without Ertz being productive.

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard putting up 31 when we couldn't stop the run (which was known going in without Lee).

If you guys do go far in the playoffs, Wentz is likely going to need to be productive without Ertz. I'm not an opposing DC, but I know that's one thing I'd thing I'd do for sure (take away Ertz).

Whether Wentz can be productive enough with Ertz being shut down remains to be seen.

I agree with this last year for sure, but this year, it hasn't seemed like that much of a problem.  He does throw some high balls, a lot of which are being caught, but I agree that he can still improve his mechanics.
Wentz doesn't do it nearly as often this season which is a good sign. That said, I'm still at the point where I'm kind of expecting him to sail one at any time.

Interestingly, Cleveland said that's one reason they passed on Wentz. Obviously, they made a big mistake. 

You're just going to have to monitor his release. You won't be able to fix that longish looping motion (& it would be a mistake to overhaul his mechanics), but it can be tightened up (which Wentz has done to some degree).

There you go. The QB rating, LOL.

I'm sure they're really impressed.

The fact remains limiting Ertz is one key to hindering Wentz. Not the only key, but possibly the biggest.
The problem with that, and it's the same with New England, is that you can choose a player to take away, but Wentz will quickly adapt and use his other weapons. They ran for 215 yards against Dallas. Had they put 8 in the box, Wentz would hung 400 yards on them through the air. Once the offense found their groove after halftime,  they could have scored 50. 

I'm referring to hindering Wentz which was the case without Ertz being productive.

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard putting up 31 when we couldn't stop the run (which was known going in without Lee).

If you guys do go far in the playoffs, Wentz is likely going to need to be productive without Ertz. I'm not an opposing DC, but I know that's one thing I'd thing I'd do for sure (take away Ertz).

Whether Wentz can be productive enough with Ertz being shut down remains to be seen.
Your time may be better spent worrying about Dak than Wentz at this point. There's a good poll in SP too showing how accurate your take on the two is. 

92 to 8

Your time may be better spent worrying about Dak than Wentz at this point. There's a good poll in SP too showing how accurate your take on the two is. 
Of course the vast majority are going to gravitate towards the QB who's putting up better numbers, not to mention their team's respective record.

I know my "take" on Dak/Wentz is accurate under the guidelines I gave (if both QBs had the same personnel). In fact, that's the very essence of scouting.

What you're going to have to worry about is us kicking your ### next season after your good season this year (assuming you finish strong).

You'll find me to be a very realistic Cowboys fan, but I believe we have an edge on you guys long-term for reasons already given.

The problem with that, and it's the same with New England, is that you can choose a player to take away, but Wentz will quickly adapt and use his other weapons. They ran for 215 yards against Dallas. Had they put 8 in the box, Wentz would hung 400 yards on them through the air. Once the offense found their groove after halftime,  they could have scored 50. 
You guys are pretty dang good on offense, but you're far from being elite.

Long, LONG ways to go. 

Of course the vast majority are going to gravitate towards the QB who's putting up better numbers, not to mention their team's respective record.
The reason I think Wentz is better has nothing to do with numbers. It's subjective, but Wenz reminds me of Rodgers or young Ben in his ability to make big plays with defenders all over him by either escaping trouble or making a throw with a guy hanging on him. The TD to Clement in the Redskns game was special and there probably aren't many QB that can make plays under that kind of pressure. 

This one is for you Football Jones: Better QB, Dak as starter for the Cowboys, Foles as starter for the Eagles?

Dak: 21-10, 65.5%, 6,812 yards, 44 TD's Passing, 12 TD's Rushing, 17 ints.

Foles: 17-9, 61.3%, 7,251 yards, 51 TD's Passing, 4 TD's Rushing, 18 ints.

Keep in mind, Foles started 6 games in his rookie season when the 4-12 Eagles had given up on Andy Reid.

This one is for you Football Jones: Better QB, Dak as starter for the Cowboys, Foles as starter for the Eagles?

Keep in mind, Foles started 6 games in his rookie season when the 4-12 Eagles had given up on Andy Reid.
Based on just the numbers that you provided, I would say Dak by a pretty solid margin.   :shrug:  

This is the creepy weird #### that fans of other teams do and talk about when it comes to the Cowboys. 

Cowboy fans don't talk about your teams quarterback. We don't care about your team or your quarterback. 

It's so bizarre. 

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
 This is the creepy weird #### that fans of other teams do and talk about when it comes to the Cowboys. 

Cowboy fans don't talk about your teams quarterback. We don't care about your team or your quarterback. 

It's so bizarre. 
My comment had little to do with Dak being a Cowboy. It had a lot to do with Football Jones' opinion that Dak is still a better QB than Wentz despite plenty of evidence to the contrary this year. So I posted Fole's stats tongue in cheek just to show that even though their stats are close, if you watch the games, Dak is a better QB than Foles. Just like if you watch the games this year, Wentz has been better than Dak.

I like ragging on the Cowboys because they are a rival, and it is fun. I enjoy more poking fun at Cowboy fans who are myopic. I think Football Jones qualifies as this when it comes to Dak. Most of the Cowboy's fans on this board are reasonable (like yourself) and I enjoy good banter with you guys.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

It's so bizarre. 
Why is it creepy and weird? Making fun of a rival team is part of the fun of being a fan, isn't it? Do we all live in bubbles in our respective cities? 

Dallas fans are no different. Why so sensitive? 

My comment had little to do with Dak being a Cowboy. It had a lot to do with Football Jones' opinion that Dak is still a better QB than Wentz despite plenty of evidence to the contrary this year. So I posted Fole's stats tongue in cheek just to show that even though their stats are close, if you watch the games, Dak is a better QB than Foles. Just like if you watch the games this year, Wentz has been better than Dak.

I like ragging on the Cowboys because they are a rival, and it is fun. I enjoy more poking fun at Cowboy fans who are myopic. I think Football Jones qualifies as this when it comes to Dak. Most of the Cowboy's fans on this board are reasonable (like yourself) and I enjoy good banter with you guys.
And Dak looked much better than Wentz last year. They're close enough that their situation is the difference in FF (where I prefer Wentz right now).

That said, with the same personnel running a modern offense, give me Dak. Naturally more accurate with a better motion & a stronger runner which is key near the GL with the zone reads which are very difficult to defend with the right QB.

You have to remember Dak is dealing with what might be the worst set of receivers in the league. You saw how Wentz looked with sub-par receivers last year & that group was better than Dallas' current group. Not sure why it's so difficult to comprehend. Not to mention Wentz' injury. He has long legs & doesn't protect himself particularly well. Even before Wentz got hurt, I'd often cringe when he ran despite the points it got me.

Everything matters. Strictly talking football, I prefer Dak. I might change my mind at some point, but it'll take a bit of trending in the other direction.

And Dak looked much better than Wentz last year. They're close enough that their situation is the difference in FF (where I prefer Wentz right now).

That said, with the same personnel running a modern offense, give me Dak. Naturally more accurate with a better motion & a stronger runner which is key near the GL with the zone reads which are very difficult to defend with the right QB.

You have to remember Dak is dealing with what might be the worst set of receivers in the league. You saw how Wentz looked with sub-par receivers last year & that group was better than Dallas' current group. Not sure why it's so difficult to comprehend. Not to mention Wentz' injury. He has long legs & doesn't protect himself particularly well. Even before Wentz got hurt, I'd often cringe when he ran despite the points it got me.

Everything matters. Strictly talking football, I prefer Dak. I might change my mind at some point, but it'll take a bit of trending in the other direction before I change my mind.
Just for clarity, you said earlier in this thread that Dallas' receivers were decent. And last year the same set of receivers seemed to do just fine for Dak. Now that he is struggling, they are the worst in the league.

Also, last year Wentz beat Pittsburgh 34-3, Atlanta 24-15, and Minnesota 21-10 with that awful receiving corps as a rookie. There were clear signs that he could perform when the cast around him wasn't optimal. Dak is struggling to show that this year.

You are entitled to your opinion. But when your opinion ignores facts, it becomes less valid, in my opinion.

Just for clarity, you said earlier in this thread that Dallas' receivers were decent. And last year the same set of receivers seemed to do just fine for Dak. Now that he is struggling, they are the worst in the league.

Also, last year Wentz beat Pittsburgh 34-3, Atlanta 24-15, and Minnesota 21-10 with that awful receiving corps as a rookie. There were clear signs that he could perform when the cast around him wasn't optimal. Dak is struggling to show that this year.

You are entitled to your opinion. But when your opinion ignores facts, it becomes less valid, in my opinion.
This.  I'm not sure how suddenly by adding Alshon, in your opinion we went from having sub-par receivers to great ones.  And yes, your receivers are exactly the same! lol.  You're really reaching on the receiver point.  Carson's growth and improvement has some to do with his improved receivers, but his improvement was so great that it's a very small percent of it.  How much of Dak's regression has to do with him having the SAME wr's as last year? 

My suggestion is little to none.  If you would have said it was because of missing Zeke, sure I get that.  But that just goes to the point that Carson can do well by making the players around him better.  Dak needs that talent around him or he can't play at the same high level.  He depends on Zeke.  He didn't make Morris or Dez or Witten any BETTER.

This all isn't a hit on Dak.  I still think he was the steal of the draft, and he's somewhere in between how bad some dallas-haters think he is, and how good dallas fans think he is.  In terms of value, he was the better value than Carson.  He'll be a solid qb, but this year brought him back to earth a little bit.  I bet you'd be really hard pressed to find many (if any, outside of JJ) NFL GM's that would take Dak over Carson if they had to pick a franchise QB and both costed the same. 

Wentz started struggling later in the season. The early wins were great, but Dak looked much better last year. That’s a fact.

Wentz not only has a much better receiving corps this season (Agholor started catching the ball), he has a top running game. Made a huge difference. We saw what Wentz was like without those key ingredients as a rookie (in comparison to Dak).

Regardless, Dak has some important advantages over Wentz that aren’t going away. He’s got a much better throwing motion resulting in better accuracy. Dak is also a stronger runner & a monster around the GL. He’ll likely be more durable than Wentz, as well.

This year, the pendulum swung to Wentz having more help, especially after Zeke got suspended (up until Zeke was suspended, Dak was very productive). Talking real football, I’ll take Dak right now everything considered. It’s not rocket science. If somebody prefers Wentz, that’s ok. They’re close & ranking them in FF is easier because situation is easier to decipher. 

FF-wise, I prefer Wentz, but Dak is close enough that situation will dictate their ranking. Maybe Philly loses Jeffery & we get Rico back & get help at WR in FA & the draft, then the pendulum probably swings the other way again.

We’ll see what happens next season. I’m not writing anything in stone yet.

Wentz started struggling later in the season. The early wins were great, but Dak looked much better last year. That’s a fact.

Wentz not only has a much better receiving corps this season (Agholor started catching the ball), he has a top running game. Made a huge difference. We saw what Wentz was like without those key ingredients as a rookie (in comparison to Dak).

Regardless, Dak has some important advantages over Wentz that aren’t going away. He’s got a much better throwing motion resulting in better accuracy. Dak is also a stronger runner & a monster around the GL. He’ll likely be more durable than Wentz, as well.

This year, the pendulum swung to Wentz having more help, especially after Zeke got suspended (up until Zeke was suspended, Dak was very productive). Talking real football, I’ll take Dak right now everything considered. It’s not rocket science. If somebody prefers Wentz, that’s ok. They’re close & ranking them in FF is easier because situation is easier to decipher. 

FF-wise, I prefer Wentz, but Dak is close enough that situation will dictate their ranking. Maybe Philly loses Jeffery & we get Rico back & get help at WR in FA & the draft, then the pendulum probably swings the other way again.

We’ll see what happens next season. I’m not writing anything in stone yet.
The Eagles aren't losing Jeffery. They extended him to a long-term contract during the season.

I have watched a ton of both these QBs.  I'm sorry but there are multiple things Wentz has shown that dak hasn't.  Plays that wentz makes routinely that I have never once seen from dak.  It's not close.  Daks not horrible by any means but he's not in the same tier as Wentz.

The Eagles aren't losing Jeffery. They extended him to a long-term contract during the season.
My bad. I actually knew that & forgot.

Still, my point remains. These guys are so close that things like OL could make the difference.

I much prefer Dallas' starting OL, but we do need better depth. Philly could be in a little trouble with Peters getting up there in age.

The biggest difference for Dak will be better receivers. They need to cut Dez or put him in the slot like Arizona did with Fitz. Rico could make a huge difference & will replace Witten on passing downs if not be a full-time player. I haven't researched too much who's available in FA, but we need to sign a top tier WR & also take one in the 1st or 2nd round.

Like I said, the pendulum could swing the other way depending on what happens (talking FF).

I have watched a ton of both these QBs.  I'm sorry but there are multiple things Wentz has shown that dak hasn't.  Plays that wentz makes routinely that I have never once seen from dak.  It's not close.  Daks not horrible by any means but he's not in the same tier as Wentz.
Not close my butt, LOL.

With all due respect, I have a feeling you're going to change your tune in the future.

Wentz had a massive situational edge this season, but before Zeke went down, Dak was really close to Wentz even with the start Wentz got (talking FF). And Dak did it with piss-poor receivers. Until we see more from Watson, Dak & Wentz are the top young QBs in the NFL, IMO.

As much as I like Wentz, he's set up for a bit of a fall next season. His yards to TD ratio simply isn't sustainable. I'm not downplaying what Wentz did, but he's got some inherent flaws to go with his awesome natural ability. 

The battle between Dak & Wentz is far from over. Wentz will likely go into the season as my top FF QB, but as much as I hope he finishes #1 as an owner of his, I suspect it's going to be very difficult for him to end up as the top QB.

no way bud, shhh.  

Yes Dallas fans, Dak is great. Keep him and your entire roster for years to come. That is an awesome idea, as well as assuming Wentz is just ok. 

Users who are viewing this thread