What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

pick up the professionalism (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody on these boards should have an opinion, or you'll be threatened by Zartan. :rolleyes:
BTW, how does asking to deliver your refund personally so I can discuss your reasons for being upset in a face to face encounter qualify as a threat? :confused:

If FBG was free, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?
I would expect the quality to be on the level of an outdated Fantasy Rag & put up with plenty...ie not visiting the site except when really bored.
If FBG charged $1/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?
Same as above...yet would never pay $1 for anything but a bj in indonesia.
If FBG charged $10/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?
I would expect less content than we have now, and wouldn't expect time sensitive info to be worth very much.
If FBG charged $20/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?
I would expect exactly what i am getting now, but would be a little aggrevated with the frequent lateness with reports.
If FBG charged $30/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?
I would expect the same info we have now, with 0 tolerance for deadlines not being met (if it were more than once in a while).
If FBG charged $50/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?
I would expect a forum with topic headings for each player. I would expect these forums to be for paying members only as well. I would expect continual dynasty VBD & projections. I would not tolerate any lateness, barring acts of god.
If FBG charged $100/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?
Same as before, but would also have to host individual leagues. I would really love this route the best. This is the kind of site I dream of running....

It also should be noted that some people, no matter how much research and analysis they do, will suck at fantasy football. Some people are just born losers. This is very difficult, especially for someone who derives all of their self-worth from their performance in fantasy football leagues. I can see why people like this would look to point the finger elsewhere for their own shortcomings.Sorry I have to cut this short, but I have a lunch date with a Chinese girl and I haven't brushed my teeth yet. :brush:

BTW, how does asking to deliver your refund personally so I can discuss your reasons for being upset in a face to face encounter qualify as a threat? :confused:
I'm attempting to avoid getting into a pissing match here on the boards as the staff has already warned against, but if you'd like to pay me a face to face visit I'd welcome that. Sent you a PM.

a scrimmage agmongst the males.Sounds to me like a couple of guys here have been buying up the "clear liquid" from Barry's locker.

I'm attempting to avoid getting into a pissing match here on the boards as the staff has already warned against, but if you'd like to pay me a face to face visit I'd welcome that. Sent you a PM.
PM received and response sent. Please let me know which option works for you.

A financial agreement has been made and Yao Ming has agreed to leave the boards. We're just tying up some loose ends right now.Which mod should I notify to arrange for the IP block upon receipt of payment?

I think $20 is a complete rip-off -- for Footballguys.com! This service is incredibly underpriced and everyone's complaining is only going to drive up the cost in attempt to fix perceived problems. Joe, you and I need to talk about this. Maybe an IPO... :D I've looked at lots of other sites (as I am sure we all have) and the content generally doesn't come close. The boys here appear to have set the bar very high for themselves and I am sure they are disappointed that they don't always exceed the expectations they have set. Notwithstanding, by setting the bar so high and often meeting it (or coming pretty close), they have surpassed virtually everyone out there. I would rather see them scale back some of the content that falls into the "interesting, but don't really need it" category to free up their time for the core stuff that people appear to be clamouring for.In the end, I think too many of us forget that a lot of the content on this site is often the opinion of the one or two guys that author the particular piece. We shouldn't overly depend upon it. If you are not getting waiver wire information as soon as you like, go look elsewhere. If every decision you make is based on the content from one source, even this site, you are a poor fantasy football manager in my opinion. There is a lot of free website material out there on several other sites that you can assess and make your decisions.Yes, I understand we have all paid our $20 (and for our Canadian friends, about $25), and you should always get what you pay for. But let's be honest with ourselves. None of us would be employed if we had to be perfectly on time, everytime. That's life. Deal with it. Stop blaming others for your problems and take responsibility for managing YOUR team. I don't see Joe taking a percentage of what we all win in our leagues each year using this site's information. PSST, Joe we need to talk about this... :lol:

i think the shark pool should be limited to paying customers personally.
This would basically kill the one obvious advantage that FBG's has over some of the competition...the best free board available on the web.Normally your contributions are appreciated but in this thread Zartan and Yao Ming need to get a grip. :bag:

A financial agreement has been made and Yao Ming has agreed to leave the boards. We're just tying up some loose ends right now.Which mod should I notify to arrange for the IP block upon receipt of payment?
I have done no such thing. I've been a subscriber all year and I plan on continuing to do so, albeit I expressed my opinion for site improvements. Zartan, I'd appreciate if you kept PM's off the main board. You want to act like a tough guy on this board saying you want to meet me face to face, so you have my address. Feel free, tiger. Mods, I'm trying hard to abide by your wishes of not getting into pissing matches in the shark pool. Zartan keeps airing it out in this thread. I've pm'ed him and he relays the nature of the messages in this thread. So that's how it works around here? Express an opinion, and you get somebody that wants to pay you a face to face visit? Well Zartan, you know where to find me, though I doubt you have any bite behind your bark.

I would hate to see the price go up since many benefit from the price and the information. Bill the guy who said he would pay $90 a month...that should help out a lot. :D I know there is always talk about charging for the message board. I hope if it ever comes to that though, that there will be a message board only package as well. I enjoy these boards a lot and I know there is cost associated with them. I think the message board and the FBG Blogger are both helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yao Ming and Zartan: You guys are both pathetic.Knock it off. None of us care about your chest thumping.Stop it.

First off, remember that you get the "best" usable information from paople who know what they are doing. There no other site that beats FBG for their quality of information and membership knowledge. If you are serious about FF, this site beats all others hands down.As for other sites, regardless of how much you pay, on-time is fine. But if the information isn't of value then what good is it? The site is only as good as it's staff and members. That's what make FBG the best there is. Bar none. IMOAs for getting things on-time? I agree that commitments must be kept. Getting the player rankings is at times useless early in the week as injury updates are often not known until Thursday/Friday (see Faulk this week). I want good quality info, not on-time. Some sites still have Faulk listed in their player rankings. Perhaps the expectation needs modified.Staff:These guys are the most knowledgable people in the business. They are the best of us members. I fully trust their input because they have proven themselves over the years. They can be trusted.Membership:This site and messageboard has the best quality membership bar none. Many of the members have been here sincve the beginning and some could run their own site. Their input is invaluable as we debate differences in a manner that allows each of us to grow in our knowledge and understanding of the game.Guys, this isn't about window dressing. Bells and whistles do not win us anything. Usable information that allow me to make an informed decision is what I need to gain an edge over my competition. That's one of reasons I compete for championships every year. This runs 24-7, 365 days a year. I get as much as I want/need and what I don't need I don't worry about. For those that need their hand held for every decision, there may not be any site out there that can help you. It would cost you more than it would ever be worth. You need a buddy that can help you manage your team. You will be hard pressed to find any site you'll be pleased with.Lastly, some people just like to complain when things aren't going their way. They look to blame others for their failures. They will not be held accountable. It's easier to blame someone else. Unfortunately, there are some here like that. Do not let that taint all the good FBG has accomplished this year and in the past.My thanks to FBG and theri members for this site, the best there is!

Oh and just because you are a big site, and you pay a lot for it, does not mean that the content is on time.My Dynasty league uses CBSSportsline (I can't get them to switch! grrr) and they always seem to be behind on what is happening that is news worthy. They still had Holcombe as the starter while many other sites already had him listed with three broken ribs. It was a wasted pickup for me to say the least with only one a week.From what I have seen, FBG is priced accordingly for what you receive.

I have been a member of FBG's for 3 or 4 years, don't really remember, haha. And during that time I have really had no reason to gripe about anything. I think it is worth the $20 a year, but doubt I would pay much more unless I played in money leagues with alot higher payoffs. But I don't because I don't want my pastime to turn into something too serious and then not enjoy it anymore. I play in 2 leagues a year and prior to this season I won at least one every year. This year has been really bad for me but I'm not going to blame it on FBG's like a previous poster who said he wasn't coming back next year because he sucked this year. FBG's gave me all the info I needed to acheive in FFball but I stuck to old habits and had too many player injuries to overcome. I drafted RB's as my first 2 picks (same as every other year) in both leagues which if I had payed attention to the Draft Dominator and taken the best available player I would have done alot bettor but old habits die hard. I have no problem with the way things have run this year, for the money you can't beat it. And I will be back next year, so thanks to all the staff for what they put out each week and to the people that are unhappy with FBG's I think if you leave you will be back eventually. They really do offer more than any other site I have seen in one place. And you two tools trying to act tough over the internet,,,thanks for the entertainment and post your pictures for added value ! :popcorn:

hypothetical questions:If FBG was free, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?If FBG charged $1/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?If FBG charged $10/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?If FBG charged $20/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?If FBG charged $30/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?If FBG charged $50/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?If FBG charged $100/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?
No difference,sammich man!

Just hanging out here in the off-season is worth the $20 IMO.  Now i can understand that folks are upset that deadlines are being missed and all but.... is it really that big of a deal???  I mean we are only paying $20!!!
:wall: I hope you dont run(or plan to run) your own business on that philosophy.
No you strive to do the best you can no matter what and I think that is what FBG does. For $20 as a consumer, I still feel as though I am getting a great value even with these issues. Put it this way, I would rather the price stayed at $20 rather than it go up to say $40 but these (what I consider minor problems for my uses of this service) go away. In the end, I can only really see one solution to this issue: The cost for the consubmer going up. FBG will need to demand more work form they guys doing it now (which does not come free) or hire more workers (agian not free). Where do you think that cost will be allocated too? I would say us, the paying consumer. If this is strictly a management or organizatinaly error, then we have a different issue all together IMO (which I don't believe it is). For the limited staff, this is a heck of a lot of info to try and get out!
Don't the staffers do it for free? I hope so...thats the only reasoning I've been paying them all so many sammich compliments!

I'm not a subscriber, but if you're willing to cough up enough dough, you can arrange to block my IP as well. :D

I'm not a subscriber, but if you're willing to cough up enough dough, you can arrange to block my IP as well. :D
PM sent :lol:

To me, this begs the question to you all:"Would this site still be of interest to you if the content, features, and delivery were improved but it cost more to you as the end user to receive that."
I'm not the smartest man in the world but it would seem to me you might want to actually start meeting some deadlines before considering raising the price.I have no idea how much I would pay for these services. But one thing is for sure. I won't even pay 10 cents next year if what I deem to be important continues to be posted on the weekends instead of earlier in the week. Listen to your customers. Prioritize based on your customers. Set ACCURATE deadlines. Then meet those deadlines.

First off the I'd like to say that being late doesn't affect me. I manage my team and only look to fbgs when I come to a dilema to either support my thinking or help me furthur question my inhibitions about a move. That being said this reminds me of sort when I hire an employee. I explain the job duties fully and offer a wage. At that point they have a choice.. to either accept the wage offered to complete the tasks given or decline. When a company accepts a job and the work is paid for ....regardless of price agreed upon.. the job should be completed in a timely manner. I have had employees who take the job and then want more money.. they end up elsewhere because I realize that no matter what the wage is they will hardly ever be satisfied and always want more. Money paid should have no affect on quality. You offered the price.. not I. Now in yrs past FBGs had no problems getting info out on time and were the cutting edge. It seems to me that since it has grown and so much more is offered that these problems arose. Sometimes getting back to basics is the key.. simple information that is usefull. I personally don't use 60% of what is offered here.. I am sure that some do though. I would be happy to pay my $20 to get what you used to offer.. afterall thats why I come back year to year. If the bells and whistles are costing too much then maybe it would be worth retinking how imperative they are or aren't to FBGs and the average subscriber. Maybe make the other extremely detailed stats available to for an extra whatever dollars a year for the FBG that cannet go without. Congratulations on your newest family member btw.. their could be no better reason to be late imo. :D

I can only shake my head at what kind of operation is being run here. Surely, you've never called your telephone company, cable company, electric company with a complaint and they threatened to cut off your service.
OMFG that was hilarious. :lol: :lol: I'm dying here thinking about some thug electric company shutting off power to send a message to customers who complain.
So that's how it works around here? Express an opinion, and you get somebody that wants to pay you a face to face visit?
Again, too funny. Thinking of the thug electric company again.On a more serious note, people who threaten to pay personal visits so they can air out internet beef is weak. People who do that are pathetic. Dropping names saying "im a friend of the owner and I'll get your IP banned" is similarly pathetic. If you take offense for a comment made about your friend, I can understand that, but don't come in here acting like you own the place because someone dared to mention things he wasn't liking. The thread was rather civil until you started posting and you're making your "friend" look bad by using his name as a backdrop for your insults and threats of IP banning. I know I don't like people speaking for me, and I wouldn't want a "friend" of mine to start using my name in regards to what *I* would do with *my* company.

.........I can relay that getting information on to the site is a major topic of discussion among the powers that be.As various staff have stated in everyone of these type of threads, there is a challenge given the current setup. There is a plan to incorporate an Article Manager or addition staff responsible for Content in the off season.The decision for this season was to continue with the current setup and not risk a major breakdown or huge gaps in output.
And that was the most "professional" decision to make in my opinion. Trying to implement a new setup that might shut down the content or the forums during the season would have been intolerable if it failed. All us readers and customers would have consumed by hatred. ;) If it's going to take more $$ to improve the site (since the question was brought up), I'd suggest different levels of membership so that $20 or so still gets you what it gets you now. If access to the Shark Pool starts to cost money the site will lose a lot of prospective members; that would be a terrible decision. Lots of people read here before deciding to join, and that door should always be left open.Since we're not supposed to discuss premium content in the Shark Pool, why not have an additional forum for discussing it, with a small additional fee? It could be as simple as a link at the end of each premium content article with discussion allowed below it (with controlled access), or could be a separate forum. Just thinking out loud...........

To me, this begs the question to you all:"Would this site still be of interest to you if the content, features, and delivery were improved but it cost more to you as the end user to receive that."
I'm not the smartest man in the world but it would seem to me you might want to actually start meeting some deadlines before considering raising the price.I have no idea how much I would pay for these services. But one thing is for sure. I won't even pay 10 cents next year if what I deem to be important continues to be posted on the weekends instead of earlier in the week. Listen to your customers. Prioritize based on your customers. Set ACCURATE deadlines. Then meet those deadlines.
First let me say that I have no knowledge of FBGs accounting or financials, so I have no informed opinion here.However, I suspect that we as a site will need to shell out more money to make improvements and add features. Those all cost money. Some of them will cost a lot of money.And I know the staff likes to get paid SOMETHING and the owners want to avoid LOSING money, so that's where I am wondering if the solution to resolving the problems is to charge more money or else this COULD be a problem for all involved.Better stated, if ESPN can drop $10 million to run and update their fantasy sites (I don't know if that's the number and am just using that as an example), they can afford to be on the forefront of technology and getting things posted quickly.I suspect FBG does not have $10 million to dump into site and process development, so for us to "catch up" to some of the other sites that people have mentioned, we would need to generate more money. Where that money will come from is the question . . .

I think that Dodds tries to do it all himself and could use some help. I've been a paying member from the git-go so felt I had the right to voice an opinion. Just my .02

hypothetical questions:If FBG was free, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?If FBG charged $1/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?If FBG charged $10/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?If FBG charged $20/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?If FBG charged $30/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?If FBG charged $50/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?If FBG charged $100/yr, what type of quality would you expect and how many delays would you be willing to put up with?
I was previously a paying member because I felt an obligation to support the message boards but it appears the only way to voice an opinion in a meaningful way is to not pay. For a free site or a voluntary contribution, which probably wouldn't work, I have no problem with anything being late or never posted at all. Once you start to charge for something you become a professional and expectations are rightfully imposed on the transactions that follow.To answer your last question first, it is never acceptable to be late.As to what "quality" to expect for a given dollar of payment, that is difficult to answer. I think you expect top quality for anything you pay for. The better question might be what features you expect for a given dollar level of payment.When I was a paying member I simply wanted features to be completed and made available on time. The game recaps and target data are really the only things I was interested in but I'm sure most people would consider the weekly cheatsheets and WW info to be a necessary part of a basic package.A comment was made early in this thread about being on the cutting edge. I don't subscribe to any sites this year but I will likely subscribe to another site next year and the primary reason is that they do a much better job of handling dynasty information than the samples I've seen from FBG. Dynasty, IDP, and auction leagues are becoming more and more common. Treating these leagues like the "redheaded stepchild" doesn't appear to be a sound business strategy but I'm not the one paying the bills here.I'm not trying to get banned. I like the message boards and I do think there is a sincere effort to produce a reasonable product, but when you charge for something good effort is not enough, you need results.

I remeber the old days of Cheat Sheets when everything was free. If content deadlines were not met, no big deal since nobody was paying for the content anyway.Now that FBG's is charging, it's a business with deadlines. When tose deadlines aren't met, that's bad business plain & simple.Most companies who continuosly fail to met deadlines will eventually go out of business, as the competition catches up, provides similar content and does so on time. That's just the way it goes.I don't think FBG will be able to charge more as they'll end up pricing themselves out of the market.So from a pure business perspective, I see them cleaning up their act to stay ahead of the competition, or soon being put out of business by some other site that has similar content and can actually deliver the goods as promised.Not trying to be rude, just saying it like it is.And I am 100% certain that FBg's is aware of this, as it's not like this some Double Top Secret business formula.

I've seen photo's of Zartan and he isnt real rugged. One good grab to the throat and Zartan is going down like China town. No offense Yao. :mellow: :excited:

1. Please don't jack up the price.2. Keep up the good work3. Charge a user fee for the message board.4. Members should be allowed to post an opinion with out being ripped/threatned(Please don't waste my time with your PMS...punn intended)For 20.00 this is a steal, and to win in FF you should be using multiple avenues to get information and then start your players who YOU think will perform based on given info. If FBG's info is lagging a day or two so what.Furthermore, Zartan and Yao Ming should settle their dispute FF style. Post your starting line up. Qb, Rb, Rb, WR, WR, te/Wr, K, DF all TD's woth 6 points for easy record keeping. Post rosters on the board. Loser gets banned or do a Sig Bet. :thumbup: :boxing:

Thanks for the comments and criticism everyone. I would never discourage anyone from viewing their opinions whether they are good, bad or indifferent. It's the American way!I know this thread isn't aimed at me personally, though some may feel that way. For those of you, hey.. I'm sorry. I spent almost 48 hours in the hospital by my wife's side patiently waiting to welcome my daughter into the world. I'm a man of my word and I found time to get the article here as soon as it was possible. If it wasn't soon enough for some of you, again my sincerest apologies to each and every one of you. For what it's worth though, please remember that the Waiver Wire article was never advertised as part of the subscriber content and we only added it after 3-4 weeks to the content to address a need and provide a great bonus to the content already provided because..1) people here on the FBG forums wanted to see it and 2) I did the same article in past years for my previous site Red Eye Sports and I wanted to do it if it helped make the FBG content more complete, helpful and give our subscribers more ammunition against your competitors.From that perspective please realize that everyone here at FBG - myself included -works tirelessly and puts a great deal of effort, thought and analysis into our work. We truly aim to please and be the best fantasy site on the web. Period. If we fall short on your expectations, you can bet that FBG will do everything in our power to shore up those weaknesses and improve the product moving forward. Joe Bryant has offered numerous times to fully refund your money if you are not satisfied. Any time a refund is given, it's certainly regrettable, but it's the right thing to do.. even if you've already enjoyed the benefits of being a subscriber this long.Any of us who write and get paid to do so have to understand that we'll never be able to please everyone. You have to have thick skin, but you also need to do deliver everything you committ to.. If I have personally fallen short on any of your expecations I am very sorry to hear that. I honestly don't think that is the case though, but I acknowledge that people have different expectations whether they are realistic or not.I welcome all comments, criticism and invite you to send me any PMs if you have anything to suggest or add that would improve the articles and content I deliver. I'm sure the rest of the staff feels the same way. We're here to deliver, not make excuses. With that I'll just say good luck to everyone the rest of the season and I hope to see you hear in the Shark Pool during the off-season and again next year.Best regards,Bob

Like all companies, FBG has a limited amount of available resources. It would be nice to have the latest and greatest bells and whistles that multi-million dollar websites have (like Sportsline, Yahoo, or ESPN), but those sites have so much traffic and have budgets that far outclass our own.
David, I think this fails to address the point that was made by the original poster. He was NOT asking for bells and whistles. He was asking for FBG to deliver on their commitment. I am a happy site subscriber, but lack of resources is a poor excuse for non-performance, it is not acceptable in a business of any size, large, small, or one-person. Very specifically, a solution was also suggested by the original poster - reduce the scope to help deliver the important items on time.

Like all companies, FBG has a limited amount of available resources. It would be nice to have the latest and greatest bells and whistles that multi-million dollar websites have (like Sportsline, Yahoo, or ESPN), but those sites have so much traffic and have budgets that far outclass our own.
David, I think this fails to address the point that was made by the original poster. He was NOT asking for bells and whistles. He was asking for FBG to deliver on their commitment. I am a happy site subscriber, but lack of resources is a poor excuse for non-performance, it is not acceptable in a business of any size, large, small, or one-person. Very specifically, a solution was also suggested by the original poster - reduce the scope to help deliver the important items on time.
Again, I am trying to explore this and am such a small piece of the overall picture . . .I am not involved in many FBG decisions, have nothing at all to do with setting/meeting weekly inseason deadlines, and am not fully aware of how most things get done. Not being involved in these areas, I can't take credit/blame for them and can only observe.I think there are two issues that I have seen in this thread, and those are meeting deadlines and matching up to other websites.The simple solution in regard to the deadline issue is to simply change the promised delivery dates further back. That really doesn't solve anything, but if we typically have been posting Tuesday's content on Thursdays, why not say it's a Thursday content item? That technically gets us to not missing deadlines (but does not get the content out any quicker which I think is the real issue here).As I mentioned above, if people are trying to get FBG to have all the other tools, lists, and databases that other sites may have, that's where the added $$$ would be needed.I know FBG is trying to explore answers to these burning questions, and once the season is over there will not be a stone that goes unturned in correcting the issues that seem to never go away.

well i just read all 3 pages of this post and feel i also have to chime in. i have been a member for years but this year i have been very disappointed with the way different articles keep getting pushed back. articles that say they will be put out on a certain afternoon get pushed back till that night then get pushed back to the next day etc. and this hasn't just happened in the last 2 weeks!the preseason is the best part of FBG with their info but once the season starts alot of the info comes out to late(even when its posted on time!). the waiver wire would be very useful if published earlier in the week but by the time it comes out here all the players that FBG are recommending to be picked up that week are already scoffed up because other sites had their waiver wire info put out days earlier. and as far as paying more that would be viable if the site improved, but i'd be leary of paying more just to get more delays. if money is such an issue then get rid of the 20 grand contest and put that money towards hiring more help-at least most of us would benefit from it.also-if the message boards are going to remain free them make a members only thread. personally i think the boards should only be open to members.just my opinion.

I've been here quite some time and certainly wouldn't go exclusively anywhere else. The preseason info is fantastic and the drifting tools and strategy are second to none.I've made requests in previous year...several of us asked for earlier target stats. Our wish was granted. We asked for Earlier injury/waiver wire info. Our wish was granted. Shoot, just about everything we asked for we received.As for late articles that effect your line-up, IMHO you need to get your league rules changed. I was burned in our league a few years because of early line-up requirements. Really good injury information comes in here to the Pool and over the networks hours sometimes minutes before kickoff. We pushed our lineup deadline back to 5 minutes prior to kickoff and haven't looked back.I picked up KFFL's discounted Total Access package last week because I respect their opinion and feel that "Hot off the wire" is the best thing since sliced bread. But believe me, seeing what they offer is nothing compared to this site. I mean, it's nice, but not nearly the detail and interaction. And the message board is D.E.A.D. The Pool is the best there is.If I were to offer a suggestion it would be to develop a questionnaire and send it to the paying members. Ask them what's the most important features of FBGs and then put priority on these items. Frankly there's a lot of fluff here that I never look at. I stick to the basics and enjoy the message-board to it's fullest.It's a great place to gather and discuss our obsession. ;)

How many companies do you know of that provide you with completely free access and use to a vital, extremely valuable industry-related forum which the company pays for and operates exclusively, and then permits you to post complaints about that said company and the services they provide in said forum?
Ummm...a lot.A lot of companies that have message boards have a 'complaints' board.
Thank-you for helping me prove my point:Title: The Shark Pool (NFL Talk)

Description: The Shark Pool is reserved for sharing NFL talk and fantasy football strategy discussion.

Thankfully, there is no mention that this is a 'complaints' forum. Nor do I want it turned into one. Like I said, nothing wrong with complaining about a service you've paid for, but either do it directly to the vendor and/or in a place that is specifically designated for that kind of feedback.

Last I checked; this forum wasn't it.

Joe Bryant has offered numerous times to fully refund your money if you are not satisfied. Any time a refund is given, it's certainly regrettable, but it's the right thing to do.. even if you've already enjoyed the benefits of being a subscriber this long.
Offering refunds is certainly a commendable thing to do.Every business has some customers that are simply not worth the effort to retain. Having said that, my perception is that FBGs would rather refund the money to eliminate the complaints rather than correct the core problems that are the source of many of the complaints. I'm not saying that it is FBG policy to "buy silence", but until the issues are resolved it is going to be tough to shake the perception of "this is what we do, take it or leave it". If you are growing too fast to be able to manage the growth then you either need to improve your processes, add resources or slow the growth. There isn't much challenge in managing a static organization, the challenge is managing a growing organization. I sincerely hope FBGs gets a handle on things because I for one would miss them if they are gone.BTW, even though I no longer subscribe, I would pay a fee for use of the message boards.

the waiver wire would be very useful if published earlier in the week but by the time it comes out here all the players that FBG are recommending to be picked up that week are already scoffed up because other sites had their waiver wire info put out days earlier.
With all due respect Bill, since I've began writing the Waiver Wire report (a bonus, new addition beginning week 4 if I recall correctly) it's been delivered every week by Monday mid-day and only this week it was delayed because I was not available.We'll work on getting failsafes implemented in the future, but I don't think your statement here is factual. Most of the time the content is delivered around 1 pm EST on Monday.. not sure how you could possibly get it out any quicker than that unless you develop extra sensory perception. ;) Your comments are well received, but I just had to jump in and correct you on this specific one.. thanks again and feel free to PM or email me with any suggestions, questions or otherwise if you have them. I do my very best to answer all emails quickly, but I prioritize getting the content done first.. Thanks again,Bob

the waiver wire would be very useful if published earlier in the week but by the time it comes out here all the players that FBG are recommending to be picked up that week are already scoffed up because other sites had their waiver wire info put out days earlier.
With all due respect Bill, since I've began writing the Waiver Wire report (a bonus, new addition beginning week 4 if I recall correctly) it's been delivered every week by Monday mid-day and only this week it was delayed because I was not available.We'll work on getting failsafes implemented in the future, but I don't think your statement here is factual. Most of the time the content is delivered around 1 pm EST on Monday.. not sure how you could possibly get it out any quicker than that unless you develop extra sensory perception. ;) Your comments are well received, but I just had to jump in and correct you on this specific one.. thanks again and feel free to PM or email me with any suggestions, questions or otherwise if you have them. I do my very best to answer all emails quickly, but I prioritize getting the content done first.. Thanks again,Bob
actually, B i don't have anything to say about the post or even this thread. just want to congratulate you and Jen on the arrival of Sofia. and here I thought the name might be Villerina or something cool and cutting edge like that. Congrats again, bud. :thumbup:

How many companies do you know of that provide you with completely free access and use to a vital, extremely valuable industry-related forum which the company pays for and operates exclusively, and then permits you to post complaints about that said company and the services they provide in said forum?
Ummm...a lot.A lot of companies that have message boards have a 'complaints' board.
Seriously, can you show me five links?I know of many companies that have customer service links where you can send an email if you have problems, but I cannot think of one "company" board I've ever seen that has a "My company sucks - post here" forum.

If I were to offer a suggestion it would be to develop a questionnaire and send it to the paying members. Ask them what's the most important features of FBGs and then put priority on these items.
Probably the single best input in this three page thread.Send out a questionnaire to members, another to MB non-subscribers.See what's really important to everyone.

If I were to offer a suggestion it would be to develop a questionnaire and send it to the paying members. Ask them what's the most important features of FBGs and then put priority on these items.
Probably the single best input in this three page thread.
Agreed - great suggestion.
Send out a questionnaire to members
Definitely. This should be done - and I am sure it will be raised in the off season.
, another to MB non-subscribers.
Not sure what the need is for input from folks who cruise the boards but don't buy the FBGuys' service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread