What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

pick up the professionalism (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
, another to MB non-subscribers.
Not sure what the need is for input from folks who cruise the boards but don't buy the FBGuys' service.
I'm shocked that you wouldn't want information from a group of people that you are providing free service in the form of the message board and Blogger. I'd think the reason you are providing the free service is to persuade this group to subscribe. If they don't want to subscribe I'd sure want to know why. This would be valuable data.That pool of non-subscribers will certainly have people like me who no longer subscribe. Are you really so elitest that you don't care what former customers or potential customers think about your product?I honestly thought the core problem was trying to accomplish too much by too many people whose "real jobs" are not tied to this site. I can only hope the majority of the staff does not share your opinion that there is nothing to be learned from former customers and potential customers.

, another to MB non-subscribers.
Not sure what the need is for input from folks who cruise the boards but don't buy the FBGuys' service.
That's where future subscribers come from. Websites aren't static, with the same membership from year to year. People leave, people no longer purchase. To even remain the same size any website needs new members. To grow and expand they're needed even more.And that's just the financial side of it. They bring in more information and opinion, too. Sooner or later Brenda Warner will sign up, you just wait and see. ;)

The simple solution in regard to the deadline issue is to simply change the promised delivery dates further back. That really doesn't solve anything, but if we typically have been posting Tuesday's content on Thursdays, why not say it's a Thursday content item? That technically gets us to not missing deadlines (but does not get the content out any quicker which I think is the real issue here).
I do not think you necessarily have the issue correctly. I think the important thing is to hit a deadline. If I know I will see projections posted on Wenesday or Friday or Sunday by 4pm, I can make the appropriate decision as to how, when, and where I need to go (i.e. if it's not soon enough for me, I won't sit idly by, I'll go make my decisions or get the info elsewheere). What happens now, at times, is that I expect to see item X by the promised deadline, and I do NOT do any more research because of it. When the item does not show up as promised, I am out of luck. What I want is to have FBGs say what they are going to do and then do it.P.S. I do NOT think most of us are suggesting Dodds ought to not get sick, Joe ought to quit his business, Bob ought to stop having kids, etc. Most of us understand life takes priority over the little stuff like FF. However, I believe deadlines were missed when such important events did not occur (I am sure something happened in the background, but no explanation followed). As someone already pointed out, in a "real" business that doesn't fly. I had a kid and was sick and had family illnesses that required I take off about 4 weeks in the current year. Some of these days were planned, some were not. If you think I did not have arrangements, emergency or not, to deliver what I owned, think again.I think there are lots of solutions to delivering on time:(1) Tell everyone this is a "hobby" vs. a serious dedciated business. Tell everyone deadlines will slip, at times. Be upfront about it. Tell people the $20 is well worth it REGARDLESS of the timing. If you don't like it, so be it, vote with your wallet. This will cost you subscribers, but you will not miss expectations.(2) Cut the scope of what you do. Seriously. Survey the subscribers and ask exactly what they find of value. Ask which content they read/use, and which they do not. Cut the stuff that's not useful, and focus on stuff everyone wants. Be punctual, have back-up plans to back-up plans.(3) Add more people or pay them more. You've already mentioned that's probably not within the budget constraints, I just mention it because it is a solution.Time + Money= Quality + Scope (I feel like I am at work)It's a simple equation. Right now, FBG are cutting Quality, because there's not enough time or money to do what they signed up for. You've got to reduce Quality or Scope, or add more $ or give yourself more Time. They key postulate I think most of us are trying to explain is that once you create an expectation and charge people $ for it, you must meet it. It's FBG's job to figure out how to do that.

Most of the time the content is delivered around 1 pm EST on Monday.. not sure how you could possibly get it out any quicker than that unless you develop extra sensory perception. ;)
bob,u r 2 modest.we all know the secret source of your prognosticative powers is esp...and the fact that you are from the planet zebulon 9.i forget if telepathy is inherited on the dad's side of the family, insofar as sofia is concerned.congrats on the baby!and this is not me being a paid shill or fbg flunky, but if i had to balance what i have learned from cracker, aaron, john & yourself in the IDP domain, it would far outweigh any perceived timliness issues (which you already noted were spurious in your case anyway)... but thats just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, this begs the question to you all:"Would this site still be of interest to you if the content, features, and delivery were improved but it cost more to you as the end user to receive that."
No, we shouldn't have to pay more to ensure we get articles on time. People in other jobs get fired for not meeting deadlines, maybe that same philosophy should be employed here.Also, I should not have to pay more to get player projections on Tuesday. All that means is that whoever does player projections here needs to sit down on Monday and hammer them out and have them ready to post by Tuesday morning, and he'll need to monitor the news throughout the week and adjust accordingly.
You need to rely less on what others think and more on what you think. Maybe using FBGs is a crutch for you and you aren't capable of original thought. In that case, you really shouldn't enjoy any success anyway.If it helps, I am a close personal friend of Joe Bryant and I can talk to him for you about a refund on your money and an IP ban. I plan on discussing the IP ban with him either way but let me know if you still want the refund.Additionally, if it means you will be quiet please and leave, I might be inclined to issue you a refund myself. I might ask to deliver it personally though.
Wow, if you're a personal friend of Joe's and are personally speaking "for" him in this manner then I don't think I care at all for the lack of professionalism and the veiled threats that you are levying in Joe's name. I think if you want to protect the integrity of this site for your friend, you keep the thuggery at home or at least do it without bringing the owner of the site into it as if you and he are on the same page with your response. Your BS is enough for me to want a refund, because if Joe's close personal friends are going to run attacks on paying members then I don't think I want to be a paying member.

Offering refunds is certainly a commendable thing to do.Every business has some customers that are simply not worth the effort to retain. Having said that, my perception is that FBGs would rather refund the money to eliminate the complaints rather than correct the core problems that are the source of many of the complaints. I'm not saying that it is FBG policy to "buy silence", but until the issues are resolved it is going to be tough to shake the perception of "this is what we do, take it or leave it".
Is this refund policy in writing anywhere? Just curious, as I heard there was a time limit on it.

Hey guys,First let me say that this is one of the first times I've seen a thread like this stay civil and reasonably balanced for four pages and counting, nice work!Second, while Dodds and Joe haven't chimed in, I can tell you emphatically that meeting deadlines is priority number one in the "To Do" list, and we are planning a host of initiatives to make sure that this is not an issue in the future.Thanks for keeping this civil and also the suggestions. We will almost definitely be putting together a targeted feedback system in some fashion, probably shortly after the playoffs wrap up. :thumbup:

First let me say that this is one of the first times I've seen a thread like this stay civil and reasonably balanced for four pages and counting, nice work!
Are you kidding me?I've got one of Joe's friends (Zartan) issuing veiled threats towards me, saying he'll talk to Joe about banning my IP address and saying he wants to pay me a face to face visit. I'm not worried about Zartan, but that's hardly the definition of civility....more like thuggery.

First let me say that this is one of the first times I've seen a thread like this stay civil and reasonably balanced for four pages and counting, nice work!
Are you kidding me?I've got one of Joe's friends (Zartan) issuing veiled threats towards me, saying he'll talk to Joe about banning my IP address and saying he wants to pay me a face to face visit. I'm not worried about Zartan, but that's hardly the definition of civility....more like thuggery.
This is hysterical.

Hey Yao, I'm surprised that hook isn't hurting yet. Myself and Brett Favre would have taken it out by now...but that's just us.

This is hysterical.
I don't understand his complaint either. Since when is offering to personally give someone money and hear out their opinons/complaints thuggery? ;)

I will not be back next year:#1 reason: The message board nazi's ( I hate them all)Also I agree with a lot of the other posters nothing cutting edge or timely that differs from other free sites.

I was at the airport last week with my wife and we had two flights cancelled because of technical problems with the planes. I told her "I never complain when they take their time to make sure the plane works before we get in it." Several people in line nodded in agreement. If there's some delay such that the cheatsheet will come out on Wednesday instead of Tuesday, but it's thoroughly researched, I'm content to wait. I think we get a ton of value for a low price.

I will not be back next year:#1 reason: The message board nazi's ( I hate them all)Also I agree with a lot of the other posters nothing cutting edge or timely that differs from other free sites.
Code:
itriplebogie Posted: Nov 21 2004, 12:57 PM    FootballguyGroup: MembersMember No.: 13437Joined: 26-September 04 I just put keyshawn in. Footballguys have him as #38 w/r today. No way will he be that low.  (Dallas v. Baltimore)
The actual result...#45 Johnson,Keyshawn DAL :rotflmao: Me thinks you should pony up again.

I was at the airport last week with my wife and we had two flights cancelled because of technical problems with the planes. I told her "I never complain when they take their time to make sure the plane works before we get in it." Several people in line nodded in agreement. If there's some delay such that the cheatsheet will come out on Wednesday instead of Tuesday, but it's thoroughly researched, I'm content to wait. I think we get a ton of value for a low price.
Very true but this week's projections were delayed because, as it said on the site, and I quote, Dodds "overslept his nap."

I've seen photo's of Zartan and he isnt real rugged. One good grab to the throat and Zartan is going down like China town. No offense Yao. :mellow: :excited:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Leave it to Peens to be the first to mentian violence. The closest Peens has ever come to a violent act is playing PEENBALL in a reck room. Get Some :excited:

nice post :thumbup:

This is hysterical.
I don't understand his complaint either. Since when is offering to personally give someone money and hear out their opinons/complaints thuggery? ;)
I could be wrong, but if you read between the lines, well.....

best $20 I've spent this year regardless. If someone doesn't like what they get for their $20, try spending the same amount somewhere else and see if you get as much value ;)

Just a heads up so no one here actually takes me seriously. I normally wouldn't post like this but it looks as though some people here actually think I'm serious about speaking on behalf of Joe.I do not speak for Joe, nor am I a close personal friend. I was responding in a humorous manner to something and apparently my normal amount of sarcasm wasn't coneyed properly. I apologize for anyone actually taking me seriously.I will now head back to the free-for-all where they know not to take the things that I say so seriously.p.s. I really was going to pay the guy $20

Just a heads up so no one here actually takes me seriously. I normally wouldn't post like this but it looks as though some people here actually think I'm serious about speaking on behalf of Joe.I do not speak for Joe, nor am I a close personal friend. I was responding in a humorous manner to something and apparently my normal amount of sarcasm wasn't coneyed properly. I apologize for anyone actually taking me seriously.I will now head back to the free-for-all where they know not to take the things that I say so seriously.p.s. I really was going to pay the guy $20
What....did Joe PM you?

best $20 I've spent this year regardless. If someone doesn't like what they get for their $20, try spending the same amount somewhere else and see if you get as much value ;)
:goodposting:
i couldn't help but to make a correlation between this post & the posters name. I laughed for about 30 seconds until i realized it is just the guys name...not a "your mom" is only worth 20. most put bong down.

best $20 I've spent this year regardless.  If someone doesn't like what they get for their $20, try spending the same amount somewhere else and see if you get as much value  ;)
:goodposting:
i couldn't help but to make a correlation between this post & the posters name. I laughed for about 30 seconds until i realized it is just the guys name...not a "your mom" is only worth 20. most put bong down.
If you say "most put bong down", then I agree with you. If you had said, "must put bong down", then I would think you are just joking.Just kidding, I enjoy your posts tipsy.

Code:
itriplebogie Posted: Nov 21 2004, 12:57 PM    FootballguyGroup: MembersMember No.: 13437Joined: 26-September 04 I just put keyshawn in. Footballguys have him as #38 w/r today. No way will he be that low.  (Dallas v. Baltimore)
The actual result...#45 Johnson,Keyshawn DAL :rotflmao: Me thinks you should pony up again.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Please remind me not to run for political office if I ever get on your bad side, BnB.

I will not be back next year:#1 reason: The message board nazi's  ( I hate them all)Also I agree with a lot of the other posters nothing cutting edge or timely that differs from other free sites.
Code:
itriplebogie Posted: Nov 21 2004, 12:57 PM    FootballguyGroup: MembersMember No.: 13437Joined: 26-September 04 I just put keyshawn in. Footballguys have him as #38 w/r today. No way will he be that low.  (Dallas v. Baltimore)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Please remind me not to run for political office if I ever get on your bad side, BnB.
I like your posts, but I hate your FBG ID. I'm still a bitter Baltimore Colts fan :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will not be back next year:#1 reason: The message board nazi's  ( I hate them all)Also I agree with a lot of the other posters nothing cutting edge or timely that differs from other free sites.
Code:
itriplebogie Posted: Nov 21 2004, 12:57 PM    FootballguyGroup: MembersMember No.: 13437Joined: 26-September 04 I just put keyshawn in. Footballguys have him as #38 w/r today. No way will he be that low.  (Dallas v. Baltimore)
I have nothing against the guy and he's entitled to spend his money where he wants. However when he basically siad FBG offers nothing different from anyone else or cutting edge, I decide to see what he's brought to the table so I could weight his opinion appropriately. Go figure, one to the first posts that appears validates that FBG knows their stuff.Thanks for the compliment (I think) Elway Lives...Karl Rove has nothing on me.

Code:
I have nothing against the guy and he's entitled to spend his money where he wants. However when he basically siad FBG offers nothing different from anyone else or cutting edge, I decide to see what he's brought to the table so I could weight his opinion appropriately. Go figure, one to the first posts that appears validates that FBG knows their stuff.Thanks for the compliment (I think) Elway Lives...Karl Rove has nothing on me.
:thumbup: Most definately a compliment. And funny, Karl Rove was the first thing that came to my mind too. :D

This is done.

Yes, you have the right to complain and/or make suggestions. If you've sent an email to Joe Bryant or David Dodds and haven't got a response please PM me directly and I will personally see to it that you get a response from one or both of them.

No, you don't have the right to stand in the lobby of any business and ##### at the top of your lungs demanding that your every whim is met. Is this happening? No. Not even close, but its a complaint to some degree and its happening in front our a large part of our clientele. No, we don't have anything to hide, but that's a lame argument. Imagine that you go into McDonalds and wish to speak to the manager about having to wait too long for your order. When the manager approaches you demand that your conversation is to be broadcast over speakers so that everyone near gets to hear. Also, it will be recorded and played over and over for all customers who enter the place. Not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread