What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pizza Bagels, Genius! (1 Viewer)

53 man released. I assume Sutton is headed to IR, opening the spot needed to accommodate Bell as soon as he signs the tender.

Roethlisberger, Jones, Dobbs 

(Bell), Conner, Watson, Nix

Brown, Bryant, Rogers, Smith-Schuster, Hunter, Heyward-Bey

McDonald, James, Grimble

Villanueva, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, Hubbard, Hawkins, Feiler, Finney

Heyward, Hargrave, Tuitt, Alualu, McCullers, Walton

Harrison, Dupree, Watt, Moats, Chickillo

Shazier, V.Williams, Matakevich, Fort

Haden, Burns, Sensabaugh, Allen, Gay, Hilton, (Sutton)

Mitchell, Davis, R. Golden, Dangerfield

Berry, Boswell, Canaday

That crew has #7 written all over it.   GO GET IT NOW. 

Also, never draft a long snapper.  ever.   
Been trying to ignore that cut, but it's bothering me more than it should.  I know the whole "it was just a 6th rounder!!!" argument, but.....meh.  Wasted resource.

I liked/like Coates, but I think there's clearly something that's off-the-field related going on with him to make them ship him off so quickly.  That said, I've been a Justin Hunter fan since UT, so I'm sorta glad he wound up making it (he's actually looked pretty good of late).

Seeing the PS bodies reported:

C Kyle Friend
TE Jake McGee
RB Fitzgerald Toussaint
WR Marcus Tucker
WR Justin Thomas
LB Matt Galambos
S Jacob Hagen
DE Lavon Hooks
LB Farrington Huguenin
DB Dashaun Phillips

Crazy times for Steelers. I'm thinking maybe Ben did tell them he's hanging it up
It's possible, but that doesn't explain trading away players for picks. Because of the new system, cutting from 90 to 53, there have been over twice as many trades this year than in the past. This increase in Steelers trading could just be a result of that. None of our moves have been that crazy (except signing Joe Haden, who is on a very team friendly deal). We moved back a dozen spots for a starting TE, we traded away a CB and a WR who were going to be cut otherwise. Cockrell had 1 good year and then seemed to fall apart, and he was losing the battle with Cody Sensabaugh. Coates (who I liked a lot, that string of 40 yard catch games was insane) had lost the battle with Justin Hunter and he's just not as good on ST as Hey-Bey-Bey. It's just smart to trade away players instead of cutting them.

Also, the trade for Wilcox makes a ton of sense because Mike Mitchell has been hurt all camp and we needed another warm body. Wilcox has lots of playing experience which is better than throwing a rookie/young player to the wolves.

I do think that Big Ben is going to retire soon, but I think he might stick around for 1-2 more years if this team is still built to win and he doesn't sustain a major injury.

It's possible, but that doesn't explain trading away players for picks. Because of the new system, cutting from 90 to 53, there have been over twice as many trades this year than in the past. This increase in Steelers trading could just be a result of that. None of our moves have been that crazy (except signing Joe Haden, who is on a very team friendly deal). We moved back a dozen spots for a starting TE, we traded away a CB and a WR who were going to be cut otherwise. Cockrell had 1 good year and then seemed to fall apart, and he was losing the battle with Cody Sensabaugh. Coates (who I liked a lot, that string of 40 yard catch games was insane) had lost the battle with Justin Hunter and he's just not as good on ST as Hey-Bey-Bey. It's just smart to trade away players instead of cutting them.

Also, the trade for Wilcox makes a ton of sense because Mike Mitchell has been hurt all camp and we needed another warm body. Wilcox has lots of playing experience which is better than throwing a rookie/young player to the wolves.

I do think that Big Ben is going to retire soon, but I think he might stick around for 1-2 more years if this team is still built to win and he doesn't sustain a major injury.
Good point about the cut-down date.  The trades may be a result of that.

I read the Mitchell returned to practice so that is a good sign (assuming you like Mitchell)

I have also been under the impression that barring serious injury Ben would at least play out his contract.

Cleveland no. 1 pick (and first overall) DE Myles Garrett out after suffering a high ankle sprain in practice. Same guy who was chirping about coming after Ben.
Phew! Glad he'll be out. I'd have bet that he'd get at least 1 sack, now Ben has a much better chance of ending the game with a clean jersey.  Garrett is a beast and we're lucky not to have to face him yet, IMO.

Predicting the final score this Sunday: Steelers - 38, Browns - 17.

Phew! Glad he'll be out. I'd have bet that he'd get at least 1 sack, now Ben has a much better chance of ending the game with a clean jersey.  Garrett is a beast and we're lucky not to have to face him yet, IMO.

Predicting the final score this Sunday: Steelers - 38, Browns - 17.
Yeah I guess so.  On the other hand it would have been great to completely stuff him and shut him up.

Godsbrother said:
Yeah I guess so.  On the other hand it would have been great to completely stuff him and shut him up.
He didn't really say anything controversial.  Who knew stealer fans were so thin skinned?

He didn't really say anything controversial.  Who knew stealer fans were so thin skinned?
Not thin skinned at all, it would have been fun to see him eat his words.  Here's a guy that hasn't played a down saying that he's coming after Ben to chop him down and can't even make it through practice.  

Not thin skinned at all, it would have been fun to see him eat his words.  Here's a guy that hasn't played a down saying that he's coming after Ben to chop him down and can't even make it through practice.  
what's he supposed to say? "I just wanna shake Ben's hand and stare longingly into his eyes"?  Cry more.

Rumors coming out that a Tuitt deal might be fast approaching since they restructured Heyward's contract.  Hope it's true! Not much time left.

Dupree might miss the game. He said he won't but he didn't practice today and is listed questionable. Even if he does play he won't be 100%. Hopefully we can generate lots of pressure up the middle and get Kizer flustered. Some turnovers would be great.

Okay dear and fellow members of our Steelers Nation: today marks the first step towards our beloved team's 2017 journey towards the stairway to seven. Enjoy this season! Here we go Steelers, here we go!  :towelwave:

Well a win is a win but that was ugly.   Said a million times and will probably say a million times more.  Nobody plays down to the level of their opponents like the Steelers.   Luckily the defense (specifically TJ Watt  :wub:   ) and Antonio Brown

Leveon better have a bounce back week 2 because if not people are going to look at that September 1st return date even more suspiciously.    Jessie James with a great game.   Maybe that McDonald trade wasn't needed.  

Most of those penalties were justified and stupid.   That kind of carelessness need to be fixed immediately

But again a win is a win.   :thumbup:

Luckily the defense (specifically TJ Watt  :wub:   ) and Antonio Brown
It's too bad the game was so ugly because Brown was just incredible...again. He was by far the best player on the field today.

I think it's time to put Brown in a tier with Jerry Rice- those two by themselves at the very top of the WRs in the history of the NFL. Brown is that good.

Just read Haden got the game ball.  Deserving?  I would have though Jesse or T.J. (though I understand you don't want to puff up a rookie's head after his first game).  T.J. DID lead the team in tackles on top of his two sacks and INT.

Well given that he was torched 2 or 3 times and got lucky by bad throws from Kizer then nope 
He was torched by (a slow and older) Brandon Marshall in preseason.  I guess he's still an upgrade from what we had and hope he just needs some adjustment time and maybe a revisit to coverage basics by the coaches, otherwise he is likely the weak link in the D.  At that price, he'd better hope that it's the former and he can eliminate the latter.  Still kinda miffed that T.J. (from what I didn't see) didn't get the game ball.  Or Brown or Chickillo for that matter... again, didn't see so can't comment on whether it was their skill and effort or blown assignments and being in the right place at the right time.

For those who did see, who were the standouts (besides Brown)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread