What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Player Spotlight: Dwayne Bowe, WR, Kansas City Chiefs (1 Viewer)

Jeff Pasquino: I just cannot get behind Dwayne Bowe as a Top 20 wide receiver. Bowe's game is to get deep and make big plays, and Kansas City is just not built now for him to perform like that.

Is this really all Bowe is? I could definitly see him catching a ton of short passes in this offense. Am I off here?
The Year Bowe put up his 72/1162/15, Matt Cassel had a total of ten completions for the entire season travel more than 20 yards downfield.

ETA: Last year, in a far more conservative offense, Smith had eight in half as many attempts, and completed a ridiculously higher percentage of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff Pasquino: I just cannot get behind Dwayne Bowe as a Top 20 wide receiver. Bowe's game is to get deep and make big plays, and Kansas City is just not built now for him to perform like that.

Is this really all Bowe is? I could definitly see him catching a ton of short passes in this offense. Am I off here?
The Year Bowe put up his 72/1162/15, Matt Cassel had a total of ten completions for the entire season travel more than 20 yards downfield.

ETA: Last year, in a far more conservative offense, Smith had eight in half as many attempts, and completed a ridiculously higher percentage of those.
slow clap for you my friend. backing it up with stats instead of rhetoric. I'm buying low right now on Bowe since people are down on him. This is an Andy Ried schemed offense. And there are no serious threats to Bowe's targets. Can anyone give me an example of a 1WR from a Andy Reid team that didn't produce productively?

Bowe is probably the 2nd best WR Andy Reid has ever had, behind Terrell Owens. I love him at the price he has been going for and have been trying to roster him on as many teams as possible.

slow clap for you my friend. backing it up with stats instead of rhetoric. I'm buying low right now on Bowe since people are down on him. This is an Andy Ried schemed offense. And there are no serious threats to Bowe's targets. Can anyone give me an example of a 1WR from a Andy Reid team that didn't produce productively?
To be fair, of the downfield passes the Chiefs did throw that year, Bowe was ridiculous on them, accounting for for something like a third of his yardage and TD's on 8 completions. But again, it may be more important to note that Alex Smith has traditionally been a somewhat more prolific downfield passer than what he worked with that year, anyway. (And also significant is that Bowe did still account for 10 TD's on the shorter stuff that season. Guy has a crazy ceiling.)

Bowe is probably the 2nd best WR Andy Reid has ever had, behind Terrell Owens. I love him at the price he has been going for and have been trying to roster him on as many teams as possible.
I agree. Most people are undervaluing him in drafts based on what he did last year and not realizing the new QB/HC opportunity.

I agree. Most people are undervaluing him in drafts based on what he did last year and not realizing the new QB/HC opportunity.
I was shocked at how cheap he's been going in auctions/salary leagues. I got him for $10/$200 locked in for the next three years in one league; the draft was a few days ago. That seems absurd for guy who is likely going to be a target monster the next few years. Players like Cobb and Cruz were going for 2-3x that much, which makes no sense at all.

I drafted him last year, thinking he was going to do well, didn't completely work out. However, this year I think he should bounceback and turn back into the D. Bowe that we know. Just savaging garbage points and downfield throws. Probably about 1,100-1,300 yards and 8-11 TDs is a fair prediction.

The Year Bowe put up his 72/1162/15, Matt Cassel had a total of ten completions for the entire season travel more than 20 yards downfield.ETA: Last year, in a far more conservative offense, Smith had eight in half as many attempts, and completed a ridiculously higher percentage of those.
Great posting!

I really don't see a lot of parallels between the two, other than the Alex Smith thing. Crabtree took a while to come into his own for a variety of reasons, but when he did last year, his regular season numbers weren't significantly worse with Smith than Kaepernick. And I'm not about to argue that Kaepernick isn't better, anyway, since it's irrelevant to Bowe's production. If he were Reid's new QB, I'd be excited. :shrug:

Likewise, if Crabtree were healthy and were taking over the T.O. role in the Reid offense, I'd be all over him.

I think Bowe's one of the safest bets for good, solid production with great upside you can gamble on this year.

Why is everyone seeing a bounce back year? I can see him increasing his totals from 2012, but not setting career highs like some of the predictions so far. He's never had a 90 catch season, he's never reached 1200 yards. Andy Reid had only one WR ever enter the elite in his offense, TO. Even then it was 77, 1200 14 in 14 games. Alex Smith's career highs are 3177 yards and 18 TDs. Bowe turns 29, just got paid, and has a below average starting QB chucking him the rock with a pass happy coach that likes to spread the ball around and feature his RB.
:shrug: I tried to tell you guys

The problem is Alex Smith. He is so awful. He is afraid to do downfield and does nothing but check it down all game. Waste of Bowe's talent.

Users who are viewing this thread