What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players you are planning on reaching for (1 Viewer)

I agree with TRIP.  I don't think there is any way Fitz is not drafted by the 4th round of any draft.  I drafted him last year in the 5th round and it was a steal.  He ended up the 4th WR in our league. Bradford and Rosen both excel throwing quick underneath patterns.  That is Fitz's strength.  
I've done two dynasty startups this offseason.  Fitz went in the 130s overall and in the 150s overall.  Both PPR leagues.

I will add that I am over drafting/reaching on Doug Martin (the Muscle Hamster) in a  few leagues.  I think he has some tread on the tires.  He needed a change in scenery.  I think Oakland is going to give him a chance to restart his career. 

Regarding Fitz, losing Arians as head coach is a red flag to me regarding his consistency.  Fitz was going to retire years ago before coach Arians convinced him that he could his career.  I think that coach Arians designed Fitz in positions where he could best succeed.  It isn't that a new coach can't also put Fitz in positions to succeed, but simply that coach Wilks hasn't done it yet. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ace08 said:
It goes against everything I've always done and believed in but if Watson is somehow still there in the 5th round I would seriously consider him.  I think he can be another Steve Young-ish type player from a fantasy perspective.

Now with that said, I've seen mocks where he goes in the 3rd and 4th round.  At that price I just can't do it given the rb's and wr's still on the board.
In my 6 point passing TD league, where a handful of guys tend to grab QBs VERY early, there is no doubt in my mind that Watson goes in the top 20 picks. 

tangfoot said:
No, it isn't.  He's not expected to play beyond 2018, so in a dynasty startup you're essentially buying a single year of throwaway production.
How many years have people been saying that for now?

At least 3 too many so far...

Mine- 

saquan - I view him as 4th best RBS after zeke/gurley/bell and in a better offense than DJ.  I would take him over DK and Antonio brown in standard leagues.  

Josh Gordon - full offseason clean, training with teammates.  Looks beastly.  Best qb,, surrounding weapons and coaching he had ever had thus far.  Entering prime age fir a wr.  Playing for a contract and to prove to himself and the world he straightenef out.  Desire to be the greatest ever and the talent to do it.   I’ll take him in The 2nd RD.  No hesitation.

sony Michel - stud rb on a high powered offense that drafted him in 1st RD?   Sign me up.  Primed for 250+ touches in his first season and I can see 1500total yards, 50+ receptions, over 10 total tds.  Book it.  

Tarik Cohen - I’m buying the preseason hype.  Solid ppr back. Maybe an rb2 with potential to explode on some weeks for much more.  

Trubisky....give me all the Trubisky. To me, he’s the best QB target this year and in dynasty, given the cost and potential upside. Could have a top 5 season if things break right and his floor should be pretty high too.

A few others I’d be happy to reach for:

Jimmy GQ

Mixon

Josh Gordon

Cohen

Kittle

Engram

Royce Freeman

Sutton

Meredith

Last edited by a moderator:
CMC - got his sea legs in the 2nd half of the season; 591/5 line on fewer than 100 touches.

Marvin Jones - I think people are hailing the arrival of Golladay (at Jones’ expense) too soon.  He has Stafford’s trust and is a great contested catch guy.

Jordan Reed - From 2015-2016, Reed averaged 13G 76/819/8. On FFC, he’s going behind Trey Burton (TE10).  After Top 3 TE’s this position feels generic.
Marvin Jones is a great call 

Marquise Goodwin - ADP of late 8th round, I expect him to net Marvin Jones, Crabtree and Allen Robinson numbers, who are all going a minimum of 3 rounds earlier. 

Jamaal Williams - While the GB backfield is somewhat murky, he is the logical choice to be the primary chain mover when they decide to run.  His ADP should creep up from the 9th round it's currently at, so he may cease being a guy to reach for, but as of now I think he is worth a round or two surcharge; oddly enough in PPR I feel the same about Ty Montgomery and his 10th round ADP.

Users who are viewing this thread