What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players you will avoid next year (1 Viewer)

Vick.. no way he does this well next season, and he can never stay healthy all year.
:goodposting: the hate is strong in this one.
Every single thread he finds a way to bring up vick or the ethics of starting webb at wr. he's the strangest troll i've ever seen.
He won't allow Vick to be rostered in the leagues he commishs. Guy has some serious issues.
Not to hijack the thread but I wanted to point out that he served his suspension and will likely be rostered next season. I'm not as lenient as Goodell, and it was voted on by everybody. I have a feeling he will be voted draftable next season. I am not forcing this on my league.

Vick.. no way he does this well next season, and he can never stay healthy all year.
Every single thread he finds a way to bring up vick or the ethics of starting webb at wr. he's the strangest troll i've ever seen.
He won't allow Vick to be rostered in the leagues he commishs. Guy has some serious issues.
I would like my league to adopt this rule for the upcoming week

Not to hijack the thread but I wanted to point out that he served his suspension and will likely be rostered next season. I'm not as lenient as Goodell, and it was voted on by everybody. I have a feeling he will be voted draftable next season. I am not forcing this on my league.
:lmao: THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
+1Who else is facing Vick this week lol?

Pierre Thomas

Jonathan Stewart (won't draft, I'll wait til week 12 to p/up on waivers)

McFadden (way too much injury risk for where he's gonna slot draft day...pass)
Jonathan Stewart will be a top 10 pick next year (as Deangelo will be gone)
This tells me I will be avoiding him as well.
uhhh, unless your league gives no points for TD's I really doubt that he will be a top 10 overall pick. Indictment of Carolina offense and unsettled situation at QB.

:lmao:

Nobody, at the end of this year they all get a clean slate for me.

This thread last year was littered with Calvin Johnson. He had a down year the prior year and everyone was just pissed at him and no way were they drafting him this year. Thanks for passing guys, it's been fun owning him this year over several bums that were drafted ahead of him.

Don't hold grudges, be objective heading into each season and you'll be a better fantasy owner for it.

:thumbup: the hate is strong in this one.
K, then why did you bother to point out in another thread that if anyone picks up Vick, they lose Vick, the player they dropped him for and the $5 transaction fee. Seems like this would NEVER come up in a league where guys all voted to bar him.

Oh wait, I just realized. By "serving his suspension" you meant your league suspension imposed by you. You suspended a player in your league? HHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA. Wow talk about taking things just a touch seriously!

K, then why did you bother to point out in another thread that if anyone picks up Vick, they lose Vick, the player they dropped him for and the $5 transaction fee. Seems like this would NEVER come up in a league where guys all voted to bar him.
Because we had 2 new owners and people tend to forget or do things the way they want to anyway and try to justify it after the fact. I'm sure a few went along with just because they didn't expect Vick to become what he is, and i sent that message out to nip any ideas of rostering him in the bud. It wouldn't have been fair to keep him out of the draft but then allow him into the free agent pool during the season. I'm sure he'll be 1st round next year.But like I said, I don't want to derail the thread so that's the last I will post on this publicly.

Because we had 2 new owners and people tend to forget or do things the way they want to anyway and try to justify it after the fact. I'm sure a few went along with just because they didn't expect Vick to become what he is, and i sent that message out to nip any ideas of rostering him in the bud. It wouldn't have been fair to keep him out of the draft but then allow him into the free agent pool during the season. I'm sure he'll be 1st round next year.But like I said, I don't want to derail the thread so that's the last I will post on this publicly.
you are weird

as of Saturday, Ray Rice was my headliner on this list... Now he has managed to win my heart! :thumbup:

Bowe (not for where he is going to be drafted)

Stafford

Ronnie Brown

Bengals

Sjax. Unless he falls to the 4th.
you sn leads me to think you follow the rams. did he slow down noticeably from a visible standpoint this year? he is scoring pretty well fantasywise, at rb13 for standard and rb11 in ppr. thats pretty much in line with his 2nd round adp so i doubt he was a disappointment on many teams.seems the rams are on the uptick and with bradford improving and a young wr core there will be more red zone opps for sjax next year. so i guess you think he will decline due to wear and tear.

:shrug: the hate is strong in this one.
wow :towelwave: as to the question at hand, i woulda said widdle way wice without hesitation until yesterday. still so frustrating to see the coaching staff keep him shackled when it's obvious what a game-changer he is. i like the player but with mcgahee leeching his potential and them trying to turn the team into air flacco, might be too much to take.

Oakland Raiders. Carolina Panthers. Arizona Cardinals.
Not a good strategy to write off whole teams from the prior year - turnarounds happen annually in the NFL. See Fitzgerald this year - lots of talk about Warner leaving, but very solid numbers from a very solid player. Raiders running game will be solid. I like Stewart's skills.

Players you will avoid next year?

Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Michael Vick, Peyton Hillis, Arian Foster, Frank Gore, Randy Moss, Ronnie Brown, Joseph Addai, Donovan McNabb... Too many to effin list.
WHAT? :thumbup: I'm staying away from Stafford, Beanie, Boldin.

Favre. He should put up pretty good numbers for the Cardinals in 2011. Weak division, soft schedule wll give the appearance of big numbers.

cvnpoka said:
Sjax. Unless he falls to the 4th.
you sn leads me to think you follow the rams. did he slow down noticeably from a visible standpoint this year? he is scoring pretty well fantasywise, at rb13 for standard and rb11 in ppr. thats pretty much in line with his 2nd round adp so i doubt he was a disappointment on many teams.seems the rams are on the uptick and with bradford improving and a young wr core there will be more red zone opps for sjax next year. so i guess you think he will decline due to wear and tear.
It really had nothing to do with SJax. With the Rams limited weapons at WR, teams were stacking the box and playing tight man coverage on their WR's. Plus, the Rams o-line isn't the greatest run blockers. They are decent pass blockers. If SJax is your rb2, then fine, but no way rb1 next year. He managed to stay realitively healthy this, but he is just too risky imo. I will avoid him like the plague next year.

BusterTBronco said:
A wise man once said...

Don't love anyone. Don't hate anyone. Get players that will significantly outperform their value and you will build a winning team.
Another un-wise man said, " fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice.... If you get fooled you can't get fooled again" (Classic Bishism)

Johnathan Stewart and his annual OVERVALUE. Always drafted way higher then he should. No go for me unless he takes a significant drop.

Pierre ThomasJonathan Stewart (won't draft, I'll wait til week 12 to p/up on waivers)85McFadden (way too much injury risk for where he's gonna slot draft day...pass)
Jonathan Stewart will be a top 10 pick next year (as Deangelo will be gone)
Not sure about this. I think DeAngelo could be a 1st round pick next year if he leaves CAR, but it depends on the landing spot. If he goes to Indy and Addai moves on (he's a FA in 11'), I'd consider taking him at the end of the first round. Stewart could be a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Either way, both of these guys should get a HUGE boost when they finally split up

I will be avoiding Vick because I will not be buying high on him as I see a regression (hard to live up to the standards of being a 1st round - or even top 5 pick at QB - ask Peyton or Brady after their great campaigns...).

T.O. - loved him as a value in 2010, an old WR coming off out injury in 2011, not so much.

Brandon Lloyd - the numbers look great (deceptively so) in 2010 and someone will overpay for it in 2011.

Thomas Jones - the end is near.

F.Jackson - getting old plus I see Spiller more involved in sophomore campaign.

you are a dbag and idiot
Fixed.

I will be avoiding Vick because I will not be buying high on him as I see a regression (hard to live up to the standards of being a 1st round - or even top 5 pick at QB - ask Peyton or Brady after their great campaigns...).
Bit of a difference imo. Hard to continually break NFL records, yes. TD's as always are hard to project. The difference of 500-600 passing yards over an entire season is around 1.5PPG. Manning is going to throw more yards this season than he did 6 years ago during his record season. Vick isn't doing anything to break records. 250 pass yds a game seems pretty safe in that system imo. His rushing stats are on par, or slightly below his career averages. I don't see an area where he can regress significantly that has much basis to it. He is fantasy gold if you ask me.

Matt Hasselback is dead to me after he singlehandedly cost me a Super Bowl appearance this week.

No way I roster that guy ever again.

He's the second addition to my NO DRAFT LIST after Mike Vick.

SJAX-Half a season next year and he hits his wall (based on a formula I use that considers a lot of workload numbers). Not saying I have a crystal ball but it has served me very well so if it works, I go with it.
I am somewhat curious about what your "formula" said about LaDanian Tomlinson about 5 seasons into his career, with over 1700 touches his first 5 years? Not that I disagree with you on Jackson, but some players just keep playing despite the high workloads.

Buy Low, Sell High. All of the following is based on a high ADP.

Vick

Rivers

Orton

Foster

Hillis

Turner

Bradshaw

BJGE

Lloyd

Bowe

Wallace

TO

Ray Rice

Randy Moss

Matt Schaub

Terrell Owens

Michael Vick- Despite his great play I could never see myself rooting for this guy

Michael Crabtree

Beanie Wells

Lawrence Maroney

Cedric Benson

Brandon Jackson

Jonathan Stewart

Marshawn Lynch

Kellen Winslow

Shonn Greene

Chad Ochocinco

Santonio Holmes

Kevin Walter

Lee Evans

Donald Driver

Greg Olson

Heath Miller

Kyle Orton

Carson Palmer

Jay Cutler

Mark Sanchez

Vince Young

Pierre Thomas

Jonathan Stewart (won't draft, I'll wait til week 12 to p/up on waivers)

McFadden (way too much injury risk for where he's gonna slot draft day...pass)
Depends... if he falls to a 5th round pick, I'd say his upside is worth it.For me it's Boldin. Way too inconsistent.... went in the 4th round earlier this year.
Ok sure, if Peyton Manning fell to the 5th round, I'd take him too. I'm pretty sure DMac's ADP will be way too high for my taste.

I'll add a name: Donald Brown. I have roster-ed him for two years in my dynasty league, I cut him last week for J. Stewart. I imagine there will be a big clamor for him next year when Addai walks and he finishes IND playoff push strong (like last weeks game). I think his ADP will be too high being listed as IND's starter. It takes this guy forever to heal from injuries, just wait till he is the lead back. My cutting him got me into our semi's because I would never of played him, at least Stewart gave me some usable points.

Danny Woodhead. All we're going to hear is how much Belichick loves him. But the price will be too high for the way he uses RBs.

:lmao: How did I miss this?

Anybody else hear Dwight from The Office in this?

:yes: the hate is strong in this one.
One of us should really let local law enforcement know. This guy is probably outside vicks window hatching a plan as I type.

Rookies. Rookie RBs in particular.

I don't know why I always do this in my local partial keeper league but I feel the liquid courage may play a part :lmao: . I get drunk, buy into some major hype, and draft about 3-4 rookies even though we can only keep 2 players drafted after the fifth. I think the only rookie that outproduced his ADP this year was Tampa Mike.

I think that I'll be able to find one guy that will be the next CJ, but it never happens enough to be worth a catch-all strategy.

Chris Johnson.

The QB is gone. The coach is gone. The other teams in his division are getting stronger while his team is going backwards.

Titans fans, you are now the Buffalo Bills of the AFC South for the next couple of years. Enjoy the paper bags.

Users who are viewing this thread