What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff fantasy: Who are your top scorers (1 Viewer)

tick dog

Footballguy
Offhand...my list is affected by how many games their teams are likely to play (e.g. consensus is that Indy will get three games, incl. SB), obviously, but here's a shot at some playoff fantasy rankings. Feel free to amend.

QBs:

1. Peyton

2. Brady

3. Carson

4. Hass

5. Delhomme

Eli

Brunell

Plummer

Leftwich

Roth

Simms

Grossman

RBs:

Edge

Alexander

Tiki

Portis

Rudi

Dillon

T.Jones

M.Anderson

D. Foster

Cadillac

T. Bell

Bus

Taylor

Willie

G.Jones

Alstott

WRs:

1. Marvin

2. S.Smith

3. Wayne

4. Chad

5. S.Moss

Galloway

Ward

Plax

R.Smith

Branch

J.Smith

Engram

Housh

Muhsin

Toomer

DJax

Lelie

Henry

Jurevicius

Wilford

TEs (didn't include all TEs, only those who factor into their team's offense more than others)

1. Shockey

2. Watson

3. Cooley

D.Clark

Miller

J. Stevens

A. Smith

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry Johnson might be smart to add.
LJ is good, but it's gonna be kinda hard to score points if Kansas City isn't playing any playoff games. Before you make smartalic remarks you may want to read the thread title.

Offhand...my list is affected by how many games their teams are likely to play (e.g. consensus is that Indy will get three games, incl. SB), obviously, but here's a shot at some playoff fantasy rankings. Feel free to amend.

QBs:

1. Peyton

2. Brady

3. Carson

4. Hass

5. Delhomme

Eli

Brunell

Plummer

Leftwich

Roth

Simms

Grossman

RBs:

Edge

Alexander

Tiki

Portis

Rudi

Dillon

T.Jones

M.Anderson

D. Foster

Cadillac

T. Bell

Bus

Taylor

Willie

G.Jones

Alstott

WRs:

1. Marvin

2. S.Smith

3. Wayne

4. Chad

5. S.Moss

Galloway

Ward

Plax

R.Smith

Branch

J.Smith

Engram

Housh

Muhsin

Toomer

DJax

Lelie

Henry

Jurevicius

Wilford

TEs (didn't include all TEs, only those who factor into their team's offense more than others)

1. Shockey

2. Watson

3. Cooley

D.Clark

Miller

J. Stevens

A. Smith
:blackdot:

I have only been in two leagues, but both times the winner was the one who had most quality players on the superbowl teams.I try to narrow it down to which players will play the most games. Here is how I see it breaking down:Cin beats PittNE beats JaxCar beats NYGWAS beats TBIndy beats NE (edited)Den beats Cin (edited)Sea beats WasCar beats ChiSea beats CarIndy beats DenI'll probably be right on only about 1/3 of these :wall: , but based on these I'll be looking to getIndy players - 3 gamesSea - 3 gamesCar - 3 gamesCin - 2 gamesDen - 2 gamesNE - 2 gamesWas - 2 gamesWill mostly pass on players from these teamsChiPitJaxNYGTBQB - Peyton, Hass, Delhomme, Palmer, Brady, Plummer, BradyRB - Alexander, Edge, Foster, Portis, Rudi, Anderson, Dillon, Barber, Caddy, JonesWR - S Smith, Harrison, Wayne, CJ, D Jax (maybe), R Smith, Moss, Engram, Branch, Housh, Ward, Galloway, Burress.TE - Cooley, Clark, Stephens the rest are crap shoots

If you like Brady so high, I am assuming you like the Pat's chances. If so you need to move Dillon up your list.

FWIW...we just started our draft (via email). Nine guys drafting. Smallish rosters -- 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR ,1 flex (QB, RB, WR, TE). The guy at #1 took...Brady. A bit of a stunner, IMO. He's not a Pats homer. I figured you want to play it safe as possible with your first pick, and picking that high I would have gone Peyton, Edge or Alexander. But Brady it was. I gladly took Peyton at #2. I wanted at least one Colt and I feel good starting off with him, figuring he's got three games in him unless something wacky happens. I'll keep updating our draft just so you guys have an early gauge of how some people are seeing things playing out/valuing players. Again, FWIW1: Brady, 2 (Me): Peyton, 3: Edge 4: Alexander5: Tiki6: Hasselbeck7: Dillon8: S. Smith9: Marvin9: DeShaun8. Delhomme7. Plummer6. Portis5. Palmer4. Wayne3. Chad2. (me) Rudi1. Cadillac1. Branch 2. (me) Santana Moss3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.

I have only been in two leagues, but both times the winner was the one who had most quality players on the superbowl teams.

I try to narrow it down to which players will play the most games. Here is how I see it breaking down:

Cin beats Pitt

NE beats Jax

Car beats NYG

WAS beats TB

Indy beats Cin

Den beats NE

Sea beats Was

Car beats Chi

Sea beats Car

Indy beats Den

I'll probably be right on only about 1/3 of these :wall: , but based on these I'll be looking to get

Indy players - 3 games

Sea - 3 games

Car - 3 games

Cin - 2 games

Den - 2 games

NE - 2 games

Was - 2 games

Will mostly pass on players from these teams

Chi

Pit

Jax

NYG

TB

QB - Peyton, Hass, Delhomme, Palmer, Brady, Plummer, Brady

RB - Alexander, Edge, Foster, Portis, Rudi, Anderson, Dillon, Barber, Caddy, Jones

WR - Smith, Harrison, Wayne, CJ,

will edit to add the rest later
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but NE is the #4 seed, and Cincy is the #3. Therefore, should Cincy and NE advance, NE goes to Indy, and Cincy visits Denver.I don't think that affects your games played, though. I assume you'd still have NE and Cincy out in Week 2.

I have only been in two leagues, but both times the winner was the one who had most quality players on the superbowl teams.

I try to narrow it down to which players will play the most games.  Here is how I see it breaking down:

Cin beats Pitt

NE beats Jax

Car beats NYG

WAS beats TB

Indy beats Cin

Den beats NE

Sea beats Was

Car beats Chi

Sea beats Car

Indy beats Den

I'll probably be right on only about 1/3 of these  :wall: , but based on these I'll be looking to get

Indy players - 3 games

Sea - 3 games

Car - 3 games

Cin - 2 games

Den - 2 games

NE - 2 games

Was - 2 games

Will mostly pass on players from these teams

Chi

Pit

Jax

NYG

TB

QB - Peyton, Hass, Delhomme, Palmer, Brady, Plummer, Brady

RB - Alexander, Edge, Foster, Portis, Rudi, Anderson, Dillon, Barber, Caddy, Jones

WR - Smith, Harrison, Wayne, CJ,

will edit to add the rest later
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but NE is the #4 seed, and Cincy is the #3. Therefore, should Cincy and NE advance, NE goes to Indy, and Cincy visits Denver.I don't think that affects your games played, though. I assume you'd still have NE and Cincy out in Week 2.
yes, if both NE and CIN win, then NE goes to IND and CIN goes to DEN.if PITT and NE win, PITT goes to IND and NE goes to DEN.

if JAX and CIN win, JAX goes to IND and CIN goes to DEN.

if JAX and PITT win, PITT goes to IND and JAX goes to DEN.

my head hurts.

We do a post season challenge. Pick 1 player from the 12 playoff teams. No duplicate rosters. First come, firt serverd. Rosters are 2QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DT.Here is what I posted:QB Tom BradyQB Peyton ManningRB Shaun AlexanderRB Tiki BarberRB Thomas JonesWR Chad JohnsonWR Steve SmithWR Hines WardWR Rod SmithTE Chris CooleyK Josh ScobeeD Tampa Bay

Here's how our draft has gone so far (2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, RB/WR WR/TE, 2 DEF 2 K - 6 teams - regular scoring except PPR and 6 pts per pass TD):PeytonEdgeSABarberHarrisonHasselbeckRudiWayneBradySMossDillonEliTJonesBig BenSSmithPortisFosterRSmithPlummerAndersonPalmerBrunellChadBettisGallowayDelhomme

draft update bump

1: Brady

2 (Me): Peyton No brainer here. Briefly considered Edge and Alexander, but Peyton was the safest, IMO.

3: Edge

4: Alexander

5: Tiki

6: Hasselbeck

7: Dillon

8: S. Smith

9: Marvin

9: DeShaun

8. Delhomme

7. Plummer

6. Portis

5. Palmer

4. Wayne

3. Chad

2. (Me) Rudi Best pure, #1 RB left, IMO, and I think Cincy holds off Pitt, despite the consensus that PITT has this won already.

1. Cadillac

1. Branch

2. (me) Santana Moss Might be one and done but could put up big points in a loss. That said, I think WASH upsets TB on the road.

3. M. Anderson

4. Bell

5. T.Jones

6. Ward

7. Brunell

8. Rothlis

9. Simms

1. Galloway

2. Bus

3. Willie

4. R. Smith

5. Housh

6. Eli

7. Jurevicius

8. (me) DJax. Depsite the health risks, should be healthy after a bye and rest. Great value here, IMO. Well worth the risk.

9. Plaxico

1. Shockey

2. (me) Engram Psyched to land both the #1 and #2 SEA WRs. A little surprised JJ went before both, but I'll take it :)

3. Grossman

bump for update

1: Brady

2 (Me): Peyton. No brainer here. Briefly considered Edge and Alexander, but Peyton was the safest, IMO.

3: Edge

4: Alexander

5: Tiki

6: Hasselbeck

7: Dillon

8: S. Smith

9: Marvin

9: DeShaun

8. Delhomme

7. Plummer

6. Portis

5. Palmer

4. Wayne

3. Chad

2. (Me) Rudi. Best pure, #1 RB left, IMO, and I think Cincy holds off Pitt, despite the consensus that PITT has this won already.

1. Cadillac

1. Branch

2. (me) Santana Moss. Might be one and done but could put up big points in a loss. That said, I think WASH upsets TB on the road. Considered M. Anderson here but didn't want RBBC.

3. M. Anderson

4. Bell

5. T.Jones

6. Ward

7. Brunell

8. Rothlis

9. Simms

1. Galloway

2. Bus

3. Willie

4. R. Smith

5. Housh

6. Eli

7. Jurevicius

8. (me) DJax. Depsite the health risks, should be healthy after a bye and rest. Great value here, IMO. Well worth the risk. Considered PLaxico here, but he's boom or bust, and DJax has a good shot at 3 games.

9. Plaxico

1. Shockey

2. (me) Engram Psyched to land both the #1 and #2 SEA WRs. A little surprised JJ went before both, but I'll take it

3. Grossman

bump for update1: Brady2 (Me): Peyton. No brainer here. Briefly considered Edge and Alexander, but Peyton was the safest, IMO.3: Edge 4: Alexander5: Tiki6: Hasselbeck7: Dillon8: S. Smith9: Marvin9: DeShaun8. Delhomme7. Plummer6. Portis5. Palmer4. Wayne3. Chad2. (Me) Rudi. Best pure, solo #1 RB left, IMO, and I think Cincy holds off Pitt, despite the consensus that PITT has this won already.1. Cadillac1. Branch 2. (me) Santana Moss. Might be one and done but could put up big points in a loss. That said, I think WASH upsets TB on the road. Considered M. Anderson here but didn't want RBBC.3. M. Anderson4. Bell5. T.Jones6. Ward7. Brunell8. Rothlis9. Simms9. Galloway8. Bus7. Willie6. R. Smith5. Housh4. Eli3. Jurevicius2. (me) DJax. Depsite the health risks, should be healthy after a bye and rest. Great value here, IMO. Well worth the risk. Considered PLaxico here, but he's boom or bust, and DJax has a good shot at 3 games.1. Plaxico1. Shockey2. (me) Engram. Psyched to land both the #1 and #2 SEA WRs. A little surprised JJ went before both, but I'll take it 3. Grossman4. Toomer5. Givens6. F.Taylor7. Muhsin8. Stokeley9. Alstott 9. Dallas Clark8. Pittman7. Lelie6. Randle-El5. J.Stevens4. Cooley3. Watson2. C.Perry1. K.Faulk

A breakdown by position as we head into the final round (of 6 rounds):QBs1. Brady2. Peyton (in 99% of the leagues Peyton will be #1)3. Hass4. Delhomme5. Plummer6. Palmer7. Brunell8. Roethlis9. Simms10. Eli 11. Grossman12. LeftwichRBs1. Edge2. Alexander3. Tiki4. Dillon5. Deshaun6. Portis7. Rudi8. Anderson9. Bell10. T.Jones11. Bus12. Willie13. F.TaylorWRs1. S.Smith2. Marvin3. Wayne4. Chad5. Branch6. Santana7. Ward8. Galloway9. R.Smith10. Housh11. Jurevicius12. DJax13. Engram14. Toomer15. Givens16. MuhsinTEs1. Shockey

Users who are viewing this thread