What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoffs Thread - Denver V New England (1 Viewer)

For serious now: If Green Bay, New Orleans, or New England were down 3+ touchdowns in the third quarter, they'd have a puncher's chance at a comeback. Denver has none, and it's because Tebow cannot reliably throw a football well over the span of a quarter let alone a game. They have three times as many negative plays as they have completions. He's a good story; but that's about it.
Haters gonna hate.

not in the 6/7 73 yard game - pretty sure the Dolphins didn't attempt a single pass in the 2nd half of that one

-QG

For serious now: If Green Bay, New Orleans, or New England were down 3+ touchdowns in the third quarter, they'd have a puncher's chance at a comeback. Denver has none, and it's because Tebow cannot reliably throw a football well over the span of a quarter let alone a game. They have three times as many negative plays as they have completions. He's a good story; but that's about it.
so basically the teams with the 3 best QBs in the league would have a puncher's chance....I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
actually would be interesting to see if Miss America inherits the huge Tebow audience that started out watching the game.

-QG

Jesus: Who are you guys playing next?

Tebow: The Patriots

Jesus: Oh boy. Really? Wow. Ok I did not know that. That's going to be a tough one. This does not leave the room, ok, but if I'm the son of God, then Tom Brady has gotta be the guy's nephew. That guy is a miracle worker. But that Coach Belichick? :devil: Ok, best of luck next week...

You named the 3 best QBs in the NFL. Do the other 29 have much of a shot? I know Tebow's having a terrible game but he could have put up Brees numbers and would be losing. When is the last time an NFL team won a game when they allowed 50 points?

For serious now: If Green Bay, New Orleans, or New England were down 3+ touchdowns in the third quarter, they'd have a puncher's chance at a comeback. Denver has none, and it's because Tebow cannot reliably throw a football well over the span of a quarter let alone a game. They have three times as many negative plays as they have completions.

He's a good story; but that's about it.
You named the 3 best QBs in the NFL. Do the other 29 have much of a shot? I know Tebow's having a terrible game but he could have put up Brees numbers and would be losing. When is the last time an NFL team won a game when they allowed 50 points?
Greg Russell will be answering this in 5, 4, 3...

I can't think of a worse playoff performance than this Denver effort.
:goodposting: Especially the Denver O-line vs. NE D-line matchup. That came out of nowhere.
I think Rex Ryan figured out the best way to stop this attack. It's the same one the Pats are using right now. The Jets just couldn't score.The problem for a lot of the league is they don't have enough really big guys, NE has the perfect personnel. A couple 400 pounders on the line, a huge LB corps.

For serious now: If Green Bay, New Orleans, or New England were down 3+ touchdowns in the third quarter, they'd have a puncher's chance at a comeback. Denver has none, and it's because Tebow cannot reliably throw a football well over the span of a quarter let alone a game. They have three times as many negative plays as they have completions.

Hmm, I think the answer is: Never.

Was getting a drink, am I late?

Correct, never. However, if the question was when is the last time an NFL team won a game when they allowed 45 points (the same as Denver has), it would be the Browns beating the Bengals 51-45 in 2007. 7 teams since 1962 have given up 45 points and won.

Arizona beat GB a few years back after giving up 45 points.

I have a paypal account, if anybody wants to bet that it won't be packers patriots super bowl inbox me.

It's obvious that's what the NFL wants.

I probably could have gone a lot deeper than the top 3. The point is he doesn't possess the skill set for engineering a comeback of more than 2 TDs. Yet he's being talked about incessantly like he's some sort of second coming (pun intended) and he's just NOT THAT GOOD yet.Part of the reason that the Broncos have allowed the number of points they have is that their offense can't stay on the field, in large part because of Tebow's inability to engineer a drive; when you are relying on a QB to run and create because he can't reliably pass the ball and the run game is nullified, your D is gonna be on the field a lot and they're going to get tired.Nice catch by Thomas there.

I think many saw this possibility coming (Tebow's Broncos being outright embarrassed here).

Like him or not, what he's done this year is astounding consider he's not even started a full regular season's worth of games.

Users who are viewing this thread