What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Draft WR ranks (1 Viewer)

Whoever gets Watson is getting the SOD, he is this draft class' Jerry Rice(small school steal).  He has it all.  Might take him a year, but he could the best WR in this class IMHO.   I'm hoping he goes third round to a team with a good QB...that will create value in fantasy.

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting:

several of these guys will be fantasy assets...I like Watson the most.  Pickens is intriguing.   Metchie could be a ppr machine.
Watson scares me.  He’s 23 years old and didn’t breakout until age 21 and to a lesser degree played against poop competition.

For all those putting Dotson last, just curious is it because Wentz is his QB, because of limited upside as Terry is the entrenched #1, or you just don't think his talent measures up to everyone else picked last night? 

I mean,

Cooper Kupp

broke out when?
Cooper Kupp had 93 receptions for 1691 yards and 21 TD's as an 18 year old freshman.

When you play at a lower level of competition you should be a dominant player (like Cooper Kupp and Jerry Rice were).  Based on his measurables, Watson should have been a dominant player but he wasn't.

Edited,  Kupp redshirted so he was a little older as a freshman but that doesn't change much.  He was still dominant as a young player.

Whoever gets Watson is getting the SOD, he is this draft class' Jerry Rice(small school steal).  He has it all.  Might take him a year, but he could the best WR in this class IMHO.   I'm hoping he goes third round to a team with a good QB...that will create value in fantasy.
There you go!

I am now accepting apologies from certain individuals in this forum.
FWIW, Chris Simms had Watson as his #2 overall WR. He has good moves with the ball in his hand, especially for a big guy. Checkout his 100 yard KR TD and the end arounds.

Skyy Moore shooting up boards for sure. I have him 5th WR on my board now that he’s in KC.

might have to wait a year until JuJu vacates the slot. They’ll find a way t utilize both but owners may have to wait one season before he’s unleashed

Watson with Rodgers and Moore with Mahomes complicates things a tad in that 4-8 range
Exactly. As I mentioned above, I’m at the 1.08 in one draft and I expect both Watson and Moore are now in play for me there. Of course, the FFPC drafts start next week, so I don’t have much time to figure out who I like best….so I’ll be asking lots of questions here :)  

What is RAS?
Relative Athletic Score. 

https://www.lineups.com/articles/nfl-draft-2022-relative-athletic-score-standouts-at-every-position/

>>One of my favorite tools to use during the draft evaluation process is the Relative Athletic Score (RAS). This statistic is compiled by Kent Lee Platte (Twitter: @MathBomb) and Eric Watkins (Twitter: @StatManEric). It essentially sets an aggregate score from 1-10 for the athletic measurables set forth by NFL prospects compared to their peers at their position. RAS measures everything from fundamental measurables like height and weight to combine testing numbers like the 40-yard dash, 3-cone drill, and vertical jump. In this article, I’m selecting one RAS standout at each position and highlighting how their elite athletic testing contributes to their draft evaluation.<<

It's not an end all at predicting NFL success as a WR. Jarvis Landry had a near 0 RAS, players like Hopkins and Antonio Brown were below average. But a low RAS points to more tape evaluation. Lots of high players with high RAS aren't good NFL WRs.

RAS and Receivers: Predicting Success

Exactly. As I mentioned above, I’m at the 1.08 in one draft and I expect both

Watson

and

Moore

are now in play for me there. Of course, the FFPC drafts start next week, so I don’t have much time to figure out who I like best….so I’ll be asking lots of questions here :)  
I don't think Skyy Moore will be there at 1.08 in most leagues.

What is RAS?
Relative Athletic Score. It's a number from 1-10 that is given to a player based on how his combine measurements match up against other guys at his position throughout NFL history (a history that includes as long as combine measurements were being taken). It's a cool tool to have at one's disposal. 

Whoops, SoBeDad has this covered. My bad. 

Exactly. As I mentioned above, I’m at the 1.08 in one draft and I expect both Watson and Moore are now in play for me there. Of course, the FFPC drafts start next week, so I don’t have much time to figure out who I like best….so I’ll be asking lots of questions here :)  
It is an interesting debate, Watson vs. Moore, two small-school receivers who may be just scratching the surface of what they could develop into.

Skyy Moore has the short-area agility, eye-hand coordination and hands to be a volume receiver from the slot.  He won downfield quite a bit at Western Michigan, but he is not a true burner, despite his 4.41 speed.  Moore has a thick frame, and once he catches the ball, he offers some RB-like skills.  Skyy Moore may never fit into the traditional role of a team's x receiver, but I love his fit in KC, where he could be a high-volume target and ppr machine with plenty of red zone opportunities.

Christian Watson is a very raw prospect.  He is the prize size-speed receiving prospect in the class, but his game needs a lot of refinement. He could fill the MVS role in Green Bay's offense immediately, but the Packers will give him the coaching and opportunity to develop into the team's alpha receiver role.  Watson is an older rookie, and, despite playing with Trey Lance in college, Watson never put up prolific numbers.  That may be more a product of the offense. But it is a little concerning.  I think Watson is more of a project than Moore, but he also offers the higher potential upside.  I love Watson's fit in Green Bay, where there is an obvious need at receiver, and working with Rodgers could shorten Watson's learning curve.

Not to complicate matters, but I believe you need to also consider George Pickens at this spot.

Initial take on rd1-3 WRs

Drake London 8 ATL
Garrett Wilson 10 NYJ
Treylon Burks 18 TEN
Jameson Williams 12 DET
Chris Olave 11 NO
Jahan Dotson 16 WAS
Skyy Moore 54 KC
Christian Watson 34 GB
George Pickens 52 PIT
Wan'Dale Robinson 43 NYG
John Metchie 44 HOU
Alec Pierce 53 IND
Tyquan Thornton 50 NE
Jalen Tolbert 88 DAL
David Bell 99 CLE
Velus Jones 71 CHI
Danny Gray 105 SF

Initial take on rd1-3 WRs

AJ Brown PHI

Drake London 8 ATL
Garrett Wilson 10 NYJ
Treylon Burks 18 TEN
Jameson Williams 12 DET
Chris Olave 11 NO
Jahan Dotson 16 WAS
Skyy Moore 54 KC
Christian Watson 34 GB
George Pickens 52 PIT
Wan'Dale Robinson 43 NYG
John Metchie 44 HOU
Alec Pierce 53 IND
Tyquan Thornton 50 NE
Jalen Tolbert 88 DAL
David Bell 99 CLE
Velus Jones 71 CHI
Danny Gray 105 SF
Fixed that for you.

Signed....ecstatic Eagles fan 😛

And my boy Watson goes to the Packers

Care to walk that back Johnny U?
No, not at all.  Let's see him do it on the field.  I'm not crowning him because of landing spot.  Why would I walk it back when I just listed my concerns about his age and breakout age and level of competition?

Christian Watson reminds me so much of Tyrell Williams. Even when Tyrell Williams played with Rivers, Tyrell really wasn't that dominant. Watson never dominating at his small school is a major red flag to me. He should've at the very least put up Adam Thielen stats but didn't. I'm liking how everyone is over evaluating these WRs. 

GB drafts another WR/TE in 1-2 years in the first 3 rds guaranteed.

I like Olave to the Saints considerably more for real life than for fantasy production.  For those of you who have Olave near the top of your fantasy draft lists, what kind of production are you projecting for him?  

I think Olave is a really good fit in New Orleans as the WR2 to Michael Thomas, and I believe he can enjoy the benefits of defenses focused on Thomas and Kamara.  However, I don't know that we will see WR1 production from Olave.
Two words... Justin Jefferson...  He produced fine during his first year with defensive attention on RB Dalvin Cook and WR Adam Thielen.  I think Olave will eat some especially with vertical passing opportunity from QB Winston.

I would not enjoy having the 1.02 this year.
I have the 1.2and am taking Walker and not looking back. But I need RB help in a rebuild and everyone liked his talent before the draft, so I’ll bet on that. 

ETA: and who knows. Maybe the guy with the 1.1 loves walker over Hall, like a few on this board. Either way, whichever RB is there I’ll take. 

I have the 1.2and am taking Walker and not looking back. But I need RB help in a rebuild and everyone liked his talent before the draft, so I’ll bet on that. 

ETA: and who knows. Maybe the guy with the 1.1 loves walker over Hall, like a few on this board. Either way, whichever RB is there I’ll take. 
Indeed, you never know. I just think it's really hard to plant a flag in the ground for any of these guys this year. Walker is a talent that really popped to my eyes on the college level.

Indeed, you never know. I just think it's really hard to plant a flag in the ground for any of these guys this year. Walker is a talent that really popped to my eyes on the college level.
This year? It’s dynasty I’m talking about, of course. if Walker is talented and most rankings had him as the 2nd overall rookie, I’m not gonna overthink it and just invest in the talent. I also have the 1.8 in that same draft and will take whichever WR is best there. 

This year? It’s dynasty I’m talking about, of course. if Walker is talented and most rankings had him as the 2nd overall rookie, I’m not gonna overthink it and just invest in the talent. I also have the 1.8 in that same draft and will take whichever WR is best there. 
When I said “this year” I’m referring to this class. Apologies for the confusion. 

Users who are viewing this thread