What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Week 4 Waiver Wire Pickups (1 Viewer)

Thanks for updating.

As mentioned in the older thread, Allgeier, Huntley and Damien Williams are all in play to replace Patterson. Allgeier is probably the most interesting one, I'd say.

1. T. Allgerier
2. R. White
3. I. Pacheco
4. M. Boone

I think in that order.

Of course I dropped Pacheco for D. Foreman.

Pacheco is showing 58% rostered on MFL. They clearly aren't afraid to use him in blowouts at least, but when the games are tight it's still McKinnon & CEH probably.

Week 1 44-21 over the Cardinals
CEH 27 (39%)
McKinnon 27 (39%)
Pacheco 16 (23%)

Week 2 27-24 over the Chargers
CEH 25 (44%)
McKinnon 27 (47%)
Pacheco 5 (9%)

Week 3 20-17 loss to the Colts
CEH 25 (40%)
McKinnon 33 (52%)
Pacheco 5 (8%)

Week 4 41-31 over the Bucs
CEH 45 (56%)
McKinnon 18 (22%)
Pacheco 17 (21%)

Corey Davis was dropped last week in my league going for him. He's had 3 double digit weeks out of 4. Pretty consistent considering.
This is a good call. Zach and Davis had good chemistry in the last year's pre-season and early part of the season, although that was awhile ago and now you have G. Wilson in the equation. I expect Davis's numbers to be volatile but he could be a reasonably big part of the offense.

CEH owners living a charmed life. Unsustainable points per opportunity but fun ride if you’ve been plugging him in.

Should probably it pull the rip chord and find the most gullible guy in your league.

Pacheco is showing 58% rostered on MFL. They clearly aren't afraid to use him in blowouts at least, but when the games are tight it's still McKinnon & CEH probably.

CEH 27 (39%)
McKinnon 27 (39%)
Pacheco 16 (23%)

CEH 25 (44%)
McKinnon 27 (47%)
Pacheco 5 (9%)

Week 3 20-17 loss to the Colts
CEH 25 (40%)
McKinnon 33 (52%)
Pacheco 5 (8%)

Week 4 41-31 over the Bucs
CEH 45 (56%)
McKinnon 18 (22%)
Pacheco 17 (21%)

QB - Jared Goff
TE - Mo Alie-Cox
WR - George Pickens
RB - Mike Boone or Caleb Huntley.

I would put Rachaad White or Tyler Allgeier above those two, but they were drafted in all of my leagues.

I also wouldn’t trust Geno Smith unless you are completely desperate in a league where most owners hold bench QBs for some reason. If you’re in a super flex league, he’s already rostered.

Teddy Bridgewater obviously depending on league rules. They have 2 of the fastest WRs in the league and 3 olinemen at LT, C, RG who are grading out well. And they are having trouble running the ball. Plus, the secondary is banged up, and playing 2 UDFAs, 1 a rookie, and 7th round special teamers ace in Crossen.

Boone on Denver. Gordon won't get all the RB touches.
Boone stinks and doesn't have the resume to be an every down guy. Fine, split with MG3, worthless.
It isn't like Williams was single handedly winning FF games for folks.
So now I'm to believe Boone enters the discussion and suddenly...

What's the box score or projections weekly Leroy? I'm not coming after you but I've seen a lot of people discuss him and i doubt anyone has seen him play much...most he ever carried was 49 times a few years ago, 2 other seasons he had a whopping total of 11 touches, that doesn't sound like someone the coaches can barely keep off the field, it sounds more like someone who hides and prays they can lock down an RB3 spot on an NFL football team.

Sorry if this sounds callous to Javonte Williams investors but I see very little to hang our hats on right now. And i see people talking about going ALL IN on Boone and...maybe I should just hand folks a cigarette and wish them good luck.

Last edited:
Corey Davis was dropped last week in my league going for him. He's had 3 double digit weeks out of 4. Pretty consistent considering.
This is a good call. Zach and Davis had good chemistry in the last year's pre-season and early part of the season, although that was awhile ago and now you have G. Wilson in the equation. I expect Davis's numbers to be volatile but he could be a reasonably big part of the offense.
The trend is to point out the athleticism of some young WR like Moore or the rookie. Davis was the #5 pick. They're not edging him out that way.
Davis is one of the best run blockers so he's going to be on the field some no matter how good the young WRs look.
The Jets have a WR corps now. We need to shift to talking about usage

Boone on Denver. Gordon won't get all the RB touches.
Boone stinks and doesn't have the resume to be an every down guy. Fine, split with MG3, worthless.
It isn't like Williams was single handedly winning FF games for folks.
So now I'm to believe Boone enters the discussion and suddenly...

What's the box score or projections weekly from other Leroy, I'm not coming after you but I've seen a lot of people discuss him and i doubt anyone has seen him play much...most he ever carried was 49 times a few years ago, 2 other seasons he had a whopping total of 11 touches, that doesn't sound like someone the coaches can barely keep off the field, it sounds more like someone who hides and prays they can lock down an RB3 spot on an NFL football team.

Sorry if this sounds callous to Javonte Williams investors but I see very little to hang our hats on right now. And i see people talking about going ALL IN on Boone and...maybe I should just hand folks a cigarette and wish them good luck.
In my league it's really hard to find any RB that is going to get any sort of usage that isn't already rostered. I said he would get touches, which is better than some handcuff that probably won't see the field for someone in need of a plug in.

I also wouldn’t trust Geno Smith unless you are completely desperate in a league where most owners hold bench QBs for some reason. If you’re in a super flex league, he’s already rostered.
Now, I'm not exactly saying I trust Geno, but I am about to add him I think. He's playing very well all things considered. Hell, he's playing objectively a good bit better than Russ.

I drafted Dak and Lance, then traded for Tua. Things are going great.

‪@adamlevitan

Geno Smith this season:

* Leads NFL in completion percentage (77.3%)
* 5th in yards per attempt (7.9)
* 6th in QBR (72.2)
* 3rd in passer rating (108.0)
* T-7th in sacks taken rate (4.3%)
* 8th in on target throw rate (64.6%)
10/3/22, 9:35 AM

Another week we get closer to Jameson Williams btw. Will step into an offense where the Josh Reynolds of the world are lighting it up.

Last edited:
Another week we get closer to Jameson Williams btw. Will step into an offense where the Josh Reynolds of the world are lighting it up.
That's a good reminder for us all. This might be the final week we can get him for free, if he's still on your WW.

Going to be a tough call to grab him though, if you're in a league with no IR and a short bench, since he might be a few weeks away. But Gallup tore his ACL around the same time, and even got the surgery a whole month after Jameson, and he scored a touchdown yesterday. Jameson's time is coming, and soon.

Whats a Deon Jackson? Anyone?

Just stumbled on this on Twitter.

‪@DavisMattek

JT high-ankle sprain. Deon Jackson > Nyheim Hines is my projection for TNF if JT can't go. Hines just is not a good rusher.

Whack-a-mole w/ IND TEs continues, with Mo Alie-Cox scoring twice. Impossible to trust these guys.
10/3/22, 11:01 AM

CEH owners living a charmed life. Unsustainable points per opportunity but fun ride if you’ve been plugging him in.

Should probably it pull the rip chord and find the most gullible guy in your league.

CEH 27 (39%)
McKinnon 27 (39%)
Pacheco 16 (23%)

CEH 25 (44%)
I have to think it would be tough to find a willing buyer for CEH.

Now, I'm not exactly saying I trust Geno, but I am about to add him I think. He's playing very well all things considered. Hell, he's playing objectively a good bit better than Russ.

I drafted Dak and Lance, then traded for Tua. Things are going great.

‪@adamlevitan

Geno Smith this season:

* Leads NFL in completion percentage (77.3%)
* 5th in yards per attempt (7.9)
* 6th in QBR (72.2)
* 3rd in passer rating (108.0)
* T-7th in sacks taken rate (4.3%)
* 8th in on target throw rate (64.6%)
10/3/22, 9:35 AM
QB's on teams with bad defenses will have some great fantasy days. Let Geno cook!

Denver will move to more passing in my opinion. Boone is not a good player, and Gordon is the new fumble king. I'm staying away from that mess.

Atlanta is interesting because they can run block, but only Huntley is available in the leagues I'm in. They might all split carries until someone can take over.

CEH 27 (39%)
McKinnon 27 (39%)
Pacheco 16 (23%)

CEH 25 (44%)
A lot of bodies falling this week. I'd imagine the Javonte owner is a bit desperate this week depending on his other backs.

CEH 27 (39%)
McKinnon 27 (39%)
Pacheco 16 (23%)

CEH 25 (44%)
Exactly, if you have him, play him until he lets you down!

KJ Hamler for cheaper options.

Last edited:
Thanks for updating.

As mentioned in the older thread, Allgeier, Huntley and Damien Williams are all in play to replace Patterson. Allgeier is probably the most interesting one, I'd say.
Huntley is the new Samkon Gado

Gordon is not the most durable RB, he will get dinged at some point. Boone may be worth something then

It looks like Latavius Murray is getting signed by Denver, he would definitely be worth a stash if Gordon goes down

Fire up those Latavius Murray waiver claims and slow down on the Boone.

Ugh. No idea how to feel about this.

Lactavius put up 16-150-1 in Week 18 last year, keeping alive a streak of 8 straight seasons with at least one 100 yard rushing game.

Still sitting on 12 for his 9 year career, but worth a plug n play in a good matchup. Potentially has a lot of them:

WK 6 Chargers sans Bosa
WK 7 Jets
WK 10 Titans
WK 11 Raiders
WK 13 Ravens
WK 14 Chiefs

All plus matchups versus defenses in the bottom ten of FF points allowed to RBs. He'll fall into the end zone a few times. Low mileage 32 year old.

Plus there's nothing sweeter than winning by getting 20 pointer from the slowest running back on earth. Makes people want to quit FF.

Users who are viewing this thread