What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (1 Viewer)

You know what is really cheap right now and inflation proof? Flower. Getting legitimately good bud for $20 an 1/8 these days in California. Outdoor weed especially is cheap.
There is a glut in Michigan and stuff is super cheap. If it's under 22% THC you can get ounces of buds for $40-$60, 1g vape carts $10-$15 and gummies for $4/bag. Good times
Pipe down, you!! I am tired of you rubbing your cheap weed in my face. ;) :lol:

I honestly don't know on dosage, as I was never huge into regular edibles. I take 2 and half 25 mg D8 and that works well. I'm almost surprised it's legal in a weed-illegal state.

Seems like "brands" are all over the place. The ones I buy come in a gold pouch. I don't remember the name (I'll edit this post later when i look at the package). Never tried vape or delta 9 gummies.

ETA: they are called "Synergy". But there's little in company info so I'm sure it's a more localized thing.

Dose is not the same - it is essentially "pot-lite" so you'll generally need more to get to the same place. That said, in my experience D-8 doesn't ever really get me to the same place as the real stuff but it does help with sleep and relaxing/chilling. I would advise caution buying from the corner liquor store. In Milwaukee, Delta 8 products are sold at liquor stores, gas stations and street fairs, but there are also more reputable brick/mortar stores. Be careful as it is a completely unregulated industry and many sellers are just mixing the stuff in their basements, in some cases supposedly using harmful chemicals. Ask them about third-party testing and look at the info they provide to make sure they are really submitting their products for testing. I typically use it in a tincture form. I just put in an order at www.highlyconcentr8ed.com
D2PSciab-Mqp6r6Hwl5W791eGeJXrlJw0qsk9XFZWKZuKjWa_nAYctA5dytxK6nnbzuAWdK1MNhg2HzhAAMbwD9egfkYYh8lDHpH8U0j5mo9ExRKt70px1jcbjgi4CcOVro0g2IQvq47h6J7Bi_VzthDXxV9SnRphzy6fEu5-wikkvPJWzWS7849bwtvJjHeNbEsG3LTfwBNZeXnymBUCZEG4dcOOI8ytoUHcDLmxpCn300ZZ9JairlOPGxDReoObfQu8ouwT9RjxdAS7xeIztSOYlLDesOV9R1ZfPEPfZnF7tpuF2Pqg94wMv6FElgmbJ2Rwdo21uEsExI-UblRAh6Yr6sCOeWzwD7a-Ss78GQI-17Js9wCBe4CFN8juKNBhnqGQtN6Ho8j6A_zkQreY659-0pigNK523eOni-ioE4i6WS7Mt8VyQ_xfpt8XrDLKaf-1toZcqnESnuKxC00nc64Yylwm9U8qTDfS_O3XuDNJ_Q56cFMSTDsyBTtfEujyu5S617alNJAaitGs6m6Aw=s0-d-e1-ft
based on some online research and recommendations. Some tincture and a few edibles. Would be interested to hear about your experience.
Interesting, thanks guys! @CletiusMaximus - the place I was thinking of trying is more of a stand alone CBD type shop that has them. Price seemed low, so I think I will just try a bag and see.

I will need to do the math and look at the prices from the place in MI. If I am getting 5-6 doses/bag from the D-8 that MIGHT not be as cheap as the 10 I'd typically get from the regular stuff. Reading up on it, I am probably going to have to do to the regular dispensaries for my vapes regardless.

I honestly don't know on dosage, as I was never huge into regular edibles. I take 2 and half 25 mg D8 and that works well. I'm almost surprised it's legal in a weed-illegal state.

Seems like "brands" are all over the place. The ones I buy come in a gold pouch. I don't remember the name (I'll edit this post later when i look at the package). Never tried vape or delta 9 gummies.

ETA: they are called "Synergy". But there's little in company info so I'm sure it's a more localized thing.

Dose is not the same - it is essentially "pot-lite" so you'll generally need more to get to the same place. That said, in my experience D-8 doesn't ever really get me to the same place as the real stuff but it does help with sleep and relaxing/chilling. I would advise caution buying from the corner liquor store. In Milwaukee, Delta 8 products are sold at liquor stores, gas stations and street fairs, but there are also more reputable brick/mortar stores. Be careful as it is a completely unregulated industry and many sellers are just mixing the stuff in their basements, in some cases supposedly using harmful chemicals. Ask them about third-party testing and look at the info they provide to make sure they are really submitting their products for testing. I typically use it in a tincture form. I just put in an order at www.highlyconcentr8ed.com
D2PSciab-Mqp6r6Hwl5W791eGeJXrlJw0qsk9XFZWKZuKjWa_nAYctA5dytxK6nnbzuAWdK1MNhg2HzhAAMbwD9egfkYYh8lDHpH8U0j5mo9ExRKt70px1jcbjgi4CcOVro0g2IQvq47h6J7Bi_VzthDXxV9SnRphzy6fEu5-wikkvPJWzWS7849bwtvJjHeNbEsG3LTfwBNZeXnymBUCZEG4dcOOI8ytoUHcDLmxpCn300ZZ9JairlOPGxDReoObfQu8ouwT9RjxdAS7xeIztSOYlLDesOV9R1ZfPEPfZnF7tpuF2Pqg94wMv6FElgmbJ2Rwdo21uEsExI-UblRAh6Yr6sCOeWzwD7a-Ss78GQI-17Js9wCBe4CFN8juKNBhnqGQtN6Ho8j6A_zkQreY659-0pigNK523eOni-ioE4i6WS7Mt8VyQ_xfpt8XrDLKaf-1toZcqnESnuKxC00nc64Yylwm9U8qTDfS_O3XuDNJ_Q56cFMSTDsyBTtfEujyu5S617alNJAaitGs6m6Aw=s0-d-e1-ft
based on some online research and recommendations. Some tincture and a few edibles. Would be interested to hear about your experience.
Interesting, thanks guys! @CletiusMaximus - the place I was thinking of trying is more of a stand alone CBD type shop that has them. Price seemed low, so I think I will just try a bag and see.

I will need to do the math and look at the prices from the place in MI. If I am getting 5-6 doses/bag from the D-8 that MIGHT not be as cheap as the 10 I'd typically get from the regular stuff. Reading up on it, I am probably going to have to do to the regular dispensaries for my vapes regardless.
If you have the option to buy legal recreational or medical weed I have no idea why you would be interested in messing around with Delta 8 stuff.

If you have the option to buy legal recreational or medical weed I have no idea why you would be interested in messing around with Delta 8 stuff.
@urbanhack

I am dealing with an 8 hour round trip to get weed at a normal price. Not super convenient.

@urbanhack

I am dealing with an 8 hour round trip to get weed at a normal price. Not super convenient.
Ahhhh. gotcha. :(

OK, unknown to my ***, there are stores 15mins away that sell this Delta-8 stuff.

I see some of you @jwb , @Soootch have tried this and seem to be advocating for the edibles, so I will probably start there. Questions:

1. Is the dose the same? The store I looked at had gummies, but they seem to be all in 25mg gummies. Usually I am at 10-15mg for a gummy.
2. Do you have any brands that you use, or anything specific I should look for?
3. Have any of you tried the Delta-8 vape? Seems jwb said the flower was weak and worthless, but was curious about the vape for supplementing as I usually do.
4. I see there is also a Hemp-derived Delta-9 gummy as well. I have 0 clue how this is, but maybe it's the ratio, as it's 5:1 CBD:THC it looks like. Those are 10mg gummies, so I am wonder WTF is the difference between these.
When I am in the states the local dispensary has a special on the Wyld brand ( wyld Wednesdays, but two get one free.) 10*10mg for twenty bucks. Half a gummy usually good for the night. YMMV
Love the Wyld brand.

@urbanhack

Ahhhh. gotcha. :(
@urbanhack

If you didn't see my other post, I do have options closer, but Illinois is terrible. There is a dispensary literally right at the border, which is about a 2 hour round trip, but they limit what you can buy. I can basically only buy 2 packs of edibles at a time. It's also taxed to the max and expensive. I think last time I went I got the max 250mg of edibles, and 2 vape cartridges and it was $250-300. The one time we were on vacation in MI I stopped - basically no limit, great deals for 1st timers, and I walked out with 3x-4x of the product for about $320. It was enough to last a long time (I still have one of the cartridges), so since then I have been eyeing another trip to MI and just buy $400-600 worth.

If you didn't see my other post, I do have options closer, but Illinois is terrible. There is a dispensary literally right at the border, which is about a 2 hour round trip, but they limit what you can buy. I can basically only buy 2 packs of edibles at a time. It's also taxed to the max and expensive. I think last time I went I got the max 250mg of edibles, and 2 vape cartridges and it was $250-300. The one time we were on vacation in MI I stopped - basically no limit, great deals for 1st timers, and I walked out with 3x-4x of the product for about $320. It was enough to last a long time (I still have one of the cartridges), so since then I have been eyeing another trip to MI and just buy $400-600 worth.
At that price point I can buy an ounce of extremely high-quality flower, and throw in a few packs of edibles. Granted, this requires a trip through Colorado, but still.

Reactions: jwb
Took the Delta-8 plunge tonight. I will report back later.

The true test = how is the experience of watching The Lost Boys 1 hour later? :lol:

Does anyone know the real difference between Delta-8 and Delta-9?

We have both here in MN and I’m very confused.

The only difference between Delta 8 and Delta 9 THC is that the double bond where a specific carbon atom in the chain has two bonds is positioned at different places on the chain. In its chemical structure, Delta 8 has an eighth carbon atom with a double bond; Delta 9 contains a ninth carbon atom with a double bond.

:lmao:

Delta-8 THC is a cannabinoid found in trace amounts in the cannabis plant. It is similar to the THC that causes a high—called delta-9 THC—but has much less potency. Delta-8 can be produced from hemp, which is legal to grow in the US since the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill, making the cannabinoid popular in states that don’t have legal cannabis laws. However, because delta-8 can still cause a high, it is in a legal gray area, and producers only sell it in certain states.

What’s the difference between delta-8 and delta-9?​

Chemically, delta-8 and delta-9 are similar in that their structures both have a double bond. This double bond is thought to produce the intoxicating effects that make you feel high.

The two THCs are chemically different in the placement of the double bond. Both cannabinoids have a chain of carbon atoms—delta-8 has the double bond on the eighth carbon, whereas delta-9 has it on the ninth.

Delta-8, like delta-9, binds to CB1 receptors in the body’s endocannabinoid system, although in a slightly different fashion because of the location of its double bond—this is what is thought to make delta-8 much less potent than delta-9. More research on delta-8 and how it interacts with the body is needed.

How is delta-8 made?​

Delta-8 is found in trace amounts in cannabis and hemp plants, but it is often made from CBD isolate—which can be extracted from hemp—as hemp is legal to grow anywhere in the US and the plant is readily available. CBD is extracted from hemp and refined into isolate, and then CBD isolate is synthesized into delta-8.

The only difference between Delta 8 and Delta 9 THC is that the double bond where a specific carbon atom in the chain has two bonds is positioned at different places on the chain. In its chemical structure, Delta 8 has an eighth carbon atom with a double bond; Delta 9 contains a ninth carbon atom with a double bond.

:lmao:
:nerd:

I keep reading much less potency, but the D-8 gummy I had last night was plenty strong. @jwb - I have 0 clue how you have 2+ of those things.

I'm guessing it's more or less the unregulated nature of it. I have zero idea how they measure how many mg goes into stuff.

But yea, amazing these are legal, right?

Buying in Illinois still sucks, especially as a non-resident. The prices are still ridiculous years after they opened. The only reason I do it is because I enjoy taking an afternoon off and spending it with a couple pothead buddies driving down and back. There's no reason to buy flower down there as we all have plenty of good safe resources for that up here. But sometimes we want some edibles or vapes so we make the trip every few months. I also have a friend in Chicago who has a medical license, which is both cheaper and essentially unlimited, so I sometimes put in an order through him when we're getting together for show or something. The only reason I do edibles, vapes and D-8 is because I have teenagers at home and don't want them to bust me so its hard to fire up a pipe. I've got enough leverage issues with my family as it stands and don't need them having even more hand against me right now.

I keep reading much less potency, but the D-8 gummy I had last night was plenty strong. @jwb - I have 0 clue how you have 2+ of those things.
It's all about your metabolism, enzymes, etc. What you had to eat before, etc. It's very subjective. I can't handle edibles really at all.

5 mgs gets me really high, whereas @The Gator can do 50. I used to work with a guy who could get eat 50mg or 75mg and he wouldn't even get high. Crazy stuff.

It's all about your metabolism, enzymes, etc. What you had to eat before, etc. It's very subjective. I can't handle edibles really at all.

5 mgs gets me really high, whereas @The Gator can do 50. I used to work with a guy who could get eat 50mg or 75mg and he wouldn't even get high. Crazy stuff.
50 is a great starting point for movie nights :alien:

I was never the biggest edible fan but I've come around to the D8, and yes it's great for movies because it's more even-keel. Flower can sometimes get me crashing a bit during the third act, where edibles just stay the entire time.

Tried out some sativa pro tabs on Monday (10x25 mg für thirty bucks). Took a quarter and was high as a kite for a few hours. Took a nap and was completely energized when I woke up. Split in half pretty cleanly, lost some when I quartered as it crumbled a bit

Friends and I have been circling around the Jersey market, we have a conditional manufacturing license, and have partnered with a grow, and a shop, so we have a vertical of a sort if we can pull it off.

I cannot speak for every state, but for most states I would say that quality of EVERYTHING should be much higher than it is. Prices will drop, and quality will rise as more small operators come online.
The market is dominated by Multi State Operators, and some are more well run than others, but for the most part all of the money came from corporate stoner bros who all want to be the Jeff Bezos of weed. Really smart, institutional money has yet to invest in cannabis.
And all the MSOs have overextended themselves, they ran out and bought every shop and license they could, and they bought a bunch of bad assets in crowded states. Paying millions for a dispensary in Oklahoma. There's like 2,500 dispensary licences in OK.......I was unaware there was 2,500 people in OK. I know one big company, I heard their monthly debt is 4x their monthly net. 😳

All of these companies will be in in cost cutting mode, and that's bad news for consumers. The more independent operators who aren't servicing massive debt, the better. The most popular flower in Mass comes from this family on the Cape, just some dad and his stoner sons.

I compare it to beer. It's mostly overpriced Coors Light in a lot of states, but there will be more and more of these little craft beers coming online that will really make great products. There's many already in some states, but some states have none right now.

Never been more thankful for Missouri
I have been following this and would appreciate any updates you can share. I can easily turn St. Joseph into a pleasant day trip if there was a reason to do so. That's much easier than Colorado, but Colorado is fantastic on both price and quality.

Seems like an expensive habit.

How much do you guys spend per month?

I prefer edibles over flower for the type of buzz, the easy dosing, lack of weed smell, and lung health.

Local company has opened up making D8 and now D9 gummies legal by farm act (<0.3%THC by weight). A pack of 20pcs of 10mg D9 THC gummies is usually $30 ($1.50/ea). They are a legit FDA approved lab that looks like a biotech company.

Turns out I know one of the execs and asked about their distributor program, if I had to have a store front... turns out, nope.

I now get the 20pk bags for $9 ($0.45/ea). 🤘🏼

They use some proprietary means of stabilizing the THC that increases bioavailability (efficiency). I was skeptical but these indeed hit like 15mg. I've gotten cases of them for friends and they all agree. For reference I'm a daily edible, guy so I have some semblance of a tolerance.

For me with these:
1/2 (5mg) : nice functional undercurrent buzz ($0.23)

1 gummy (10mg): Solid buzz, socially functional but impaired. Would not drive. ($0.45)

2 gummies (20mg): Pretty ****ed up. Still socially functional but prefer being at home. ($0.90)

I find it to be an exceptional value vs alcohol. Prefer the overall feeling as well.

Last edited:

D8 is generally half the potency of D9, as a rule of thumb. Agreed 40-50mg D8 or 20-25mg D9 are great for movie night 😁

Buying in Illinois still sucks, especially as a non-resident. The prices are still ridiculous years after they opened. The only reason I do it is because I enjoy taking an afternoon off and spending it with a couple pothead buddies driving down and back. There's no reason to buy flower down there as we all have plenty of good safe resources for that up here. But sometimes we want some edibles or vapes so we make the trip every few months. I also have a friend in Chicago who has a medical license, which is both cheaper and essentially unlimited, so I sometimes put in an order through him when we're getting together for show or something. The only reason I do edibles, vapes and D-8 is because I have teenagers at home and don't want them to bust me so its hard to fire up a pipe. I've got enough leverage issues with my family as it stands and don't need them having even more hand against me right now.

I'm not sure the current prices in Illinois but some of these legal states are taxed so much it doesnt make much sense to buy from a dispensary unless you want some niche products as you mentioned. I live in Texas and laugh at some of the inflated frat boy prices these dispensaries are asking. I think the most I've paid for an ounce of grade A is 150-200.

I'm not sure the current prices in Illinois but some of these legal states are taxed so much it doesnt make much sense to buy from a dispensary unless you want some niche products as you mentioned. I live in Texas and laugh at some of the inflated frat boy prices these dispensaries are asking. I think the most I've paid for an ounce of grade A is 150-200.
The tax alone on my last trip to Illinios was about $85, I believe. That was for 250mg of edibles (max I can get), and 3 vape carts.

One promising thing about Missouri is that apparently they have an upper bound of 6% excise tax on weed. And they allow you to buy up to 3 ounces at a time. They are not being shy about the fact that they're marketing their product to residents of neighboring states. Given the number of states that border Missouri, that is very good for consumers.

Never been more thankful for Missouri
I have been following this and would appreciate any updates you can share. I can easily turn St. Joseph into a pleasant day trip if there was a reason to do so. That's much easier than Colorado, but Colorado is fantastic on both price and quality.
February 6th was supposed to be the go-live date for recreational but a lot of stores received approval from the state yesterday; we are off and running. I know there are at least a couple stores in St. Joe that were selling to the public yesterday. I went to a store in KC last night. It was so busy I ended up just putting in an online order and waiting for them to bring it out to me, I didn't really browse around a ton. They didn't seem to have any issues with stock as far as I could tell, I saw hundreds of people come in and out in the hour or so I was there waiting.

I am a huge fan of the drinks - I don't plan on actually smoking very often going forward. It was $50 for a 200mg drink, I bought three of those and a pack of 300mg gummies (20 count) for $52. I've been to stores in CO, CA, OR, and NV, but don't have a great memory with respect to the prices. I'll go back on a weekday night soon and browse around and let you know. Anything in particular you want me to take a look at let me know. When they start to approve the "small business licenses" later this year I think we'll see the quality go through the roof and the number of retailers will explode. I think eventually they'll basically give the flower away (like in other states) so my plan is to buy an infuser and make my own edibles for way cheaper.

This is where I went last night - they have a St. Joe location. In the near future you'll be able pick-up online orders without getting out of your car. https://www.freshkarmakc.com/

Last edited:

I prefer edibles over flower for the type of buzz, the easy dosing, lack of weed smell, and lung health.

Local company has opened up making D8 and now D9 gummies legal by farm act (<0.3%THC by weight). A pack of 20pcs of 10mg D9 THC gummies is usually $30 ($1.50/ea). They are a legit FDA approved lab that looks like a biotech company.

Turns out I know one of the execs and asked about their distributor program, if I had to have a store front... turns out, nope.

They use some proprietary means of stabilizing the THC that increases bioavailability (efficiency). I was skeptical but these indeed hit like 15mg. I've gotten cases of them for friends and they all agree. For reference I'm a daily edible, guy so I have some semblance of a tolerance.

For me with these:

1 gummy (10mg): Solid buzz, socially functional but impaired. Would not drive. ($0.45)

2 gummies (20mg): Pretty ****ed up. Still socially functional but prefer being at home. ($0.90)

I find it to be an exceptional value vs alcohol. Prefer the overall feeling as well.
maybe dumb question but do they deliver out of state?

For me with these:

No one does, not legally.

Every state makes their own rules, but because illegal nationwide, illegal to cross state borders.

For me with these:

If D8 and 9 are legal in your state, this place will ship to you from Florida. Good prices and products, seems like a professional outfit. I've only ordered from them once though.

highlyconcentr8ed.com

For me with these:

If D8 and 9 are legal in your state, this place will ship to you from Florida. Good prices and products, seems like a professional outfit. I've only ordered from them once though.

highlyconcentr8ed.com
Whoa, I stand corrected

Tip of the day, dont try and vape a week after recovering from COVID. I never coughed so much in my life. Took one hit and couldnt stop coughing for hours. My lungs are still clearly not 100%. Honestly I want to quit vaping. Thinking about just going the gummies route. The last gummies I tried were pretty good. Had to eat two though (10 mg total) due to my tolerance level. They only took about an hour to kick in. They were called Nano Bites.
I smoked the entire time I had Covid.

This.

For me with these:

highlyconcentr8ed.com
Whoa, I stand corrected

No comment nor knowledge on the legality, but they look professional and will ship to my state which is pot illegal but D8/D9 legal.

I find it to be an exceptional value vs alcohol. Prefer the overall feeling as well
I get stoned for a month for same price as a round of drinks. Even at high retail prices, the value vs alcohol is crazy

I have tried and tried to subtly show this to my wife. She doubles what I spend on weed each month. It’s insane. We’re not taking expensive stuff either, $13 bottle go to wine (Murphy Goode) and bottles beer.

Tip of the day, dont try and vape a week after recovering from COVID. I never coughed so much in my life. Took one hit and couldnt stop coughing for hours. My lungs are still clearly not 100%. Honestly I want to quit vaping. Thinking about just going the gummies route. The last gummies I tried were pretty good. Had to eat two though (10 mg total) due to my tolerance level. They only took about an hour to kick in. They were called Nano Bites.
I smoked the entire time I had Covid.
Lol nice. I'm fine smoking now.

I find it to be an exceptional value vs alcohol. Prefer the overall feeling as well
I get stoned for a month for same price as a round of drinks. Even at high retail prices, the value vs alcohol is crazy

Recently befriended a fellow who sold his grow operation for a nice profit. He still grows as a hobby. Sold me 2oz of incredible stuff for $100. Before legalization that was $600 with a loyal customer "discount".

I've made close to 2Lbs cannabis butter so far, smoked off of this since early Dec and still have about 1/3 oz of flower left. It's insane how cheap this stuff is now.

Recently befriended a fellow who sold his grow operation for a nice profit. He still grows as a hobby. Sold me 2oz of incredible stuff for $100. Before legalization that was $600 with a loyal customer "discount".

I've made close to 2Lbs cannabis butter so far, smoked off of this since early Dec and still have about 1/3 oz of flower left. It's insane how cheap this stuff is now.

I was about to say smoke keeps getting cheaper while the price of these cocktails is getting absurd. $15-20 drinks seem to be the norm at most bars nowadays. I know what section I'll be sitting in.

I was about to say smoke keeps getting cheaper while the price of these cocktails is getting absurd. $15-20 drinks seem to be the norm at most bars nowadays. I know what section I'll be sitting in.

Beauty of the edible is they last 4-6 hours so if you know what you're doing in the kitchen, you can stretch your recreational substance budget like Plastic Man.

Beauty of the edible is they last 4-6 hours so if you know what you're doing in the kitchen, you can stretch your recreational substance budget like Plastic Man.

I was wish edibles hit me the same as others. I can take 200-500mg and barely feel it. I'll never turn down a good brownie, gummie, etc but I stopped buying them unless I'm heading to the airport.

I've come around to the D8, and yes it's great for movies because it's more even-keel. Flower can sometimes get me crashing a bit during the third act, where edibles just stay the entire time
This is why I’ve been pushing D8 here.
I’ve been to the dispensary finally and tried a few out. This is what I get ….

hmm, I’m definitely getting a buzz. Damn, I’m high as **** :giggles:, (2 hours later) … it’s over.

D8 and I’m right where I want to be for HOURS especially with a few drinks

I was wish edibles hit me the same as others. I can take 200-500mg and barely feel it. I'll never turn down a good brownie, gummie, etc but I stopped buying them unless I'm heading to the airport.
Seriously - w.t.f.? I wouldn't even bother if it took me that much. I am perfectly fine with 10-20mgs or 10mg+ a puff or two from the vape most times.

Users who are viewing this thread