What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Pre-Game Thread*** Green Bay at Chicago (1 Viewer)

DrJ said:
Probably photo shopped.
Nope, it's just that standards are so low up there that even writers and editors aren't expected to be literate. The article was probably originally written in crayon.http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2011/01/19/g...ded-to-chicaco/
Well at least the editor isn't dumb enough to think the Bears weren't actually trying to score on their last drive week 17 against the Packers. :thumbup:

DrJ said:
Probably photo shopped.
Nope, it's just that standards are so low up there that even writers and editors aren't expected to be literate. The article was probably originally written in crayon.http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2011/01/19/g...ded-to-chicaco/
Well at least the editor isn't dumb enough to think the Bears weren't actually trying to score on their last drive week 17 against the Packers. :thumbup:
Like most Packer fans, he's probably drunk enough that he doesn't bother to think. There's a reason you are renowned for your alcohol consumption and not your educational system.

DrJ said:
Probably photo shopped.
Well at least the editor isn't dumb enough to think the Bears weren't actually trying to score on their last drive week 17 against the Packers. :goodposting:
Like most Packer fans, he's probably drunk enough that he doesn't bother to think. There's a reason you are renowned for your alcohol consumption and not your educational system.
Good for him because at least he has an excuse! You don't have an excuse for your absurd belief the Bears weren't trying to score on that final drive. I like the idea of having you tell that to the Bear players and watching them pound you into the ground. I'd even pay to see that. :thumbup:

Good for him because at least he has an excuse! You don't have an excuse for your absurd belief the Bears weren't trying to score on that final drive. I like the idea of having you tell that to the Bear players and watching them pound you into the ground. I'd even pay to see that. :goodposting:
Of course he does - Packer fans have an excuse for everything.

Good for him because at least he has an excuse! You don't have an excuse for your absurd belief the Bears weren't trying to score on that final drive. I like the idea of having you tell that to the Bear players and watching them pound you into the ground. I'd even pay to see that. :lol:
Just let the board know when you set up the time to tell the Bears players they weren't trying to score on that final drive. I want front row seats for that beat down. :banned:

Good for him because at least he has an excuse! You don't have an excuse for your absurd belief the Bears weren't trying to score on that final drive. I like the idea of having you tell that to the Bear players and watching them pound you into the ground. I'd even pay to see that. :lol:
Just let the board know when you set up the time to tell the Bears players they weren't trying to score on that final drive. I want front row seats for that beat down. :banned:
I'd pay to see him tell them that as well. After they beat him they'd send him to the nut house.

I'd pay to see him tell them that as well. After they beat him they'd send him to the nut house.
How much are you willing to pay? How about you buy all of us tickets to the Bear Fan convention in the offseason, pay for me to get a couple jerseys autographed, and I'll tell the autographee that I didn't think they were trying on that final drive.

DrJ said:
Probably photo shopped.
Well at least the editor isn't dumb enough to think the Bears weren't actually trying to score on their last drive week 17 against the Packers. :shrug:
Rankings

DrJ said:
Probably photo shopped.
Rankings
:shrug: :pics:

Well at least the editor isn't dumb enough to think the Bears weren't actually trying to score on their last drive week 17 against the Packers. :lmao:
Rankings
In DrJ's defense, he probably thinks Illinois ranked 32nd is better than Wisconsin ranked 8th But he also came through the Illinois educational system :D

WOW.. This thread is a monster :tfp:

At this point I almost wish this ends in a Tie, goes to Overtime and after 15 minutes it is still tied.. :lmao:

ETA - No matter who wins this Dog fight( The teams, not the :lmao: fans) I'll be cheering for that team as they are from the NFC North and we need to shut up the biased media that still claims the NFC East and NFC South are the tougher NFC Divisions.. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter who wins this Dog fight( The teams, not the :goodposting: fans) I'll be cheering for that team as they are from the NFC North
Wow, you're a better person than I am. As I've mentioned before the Bears losing this game would inflict a lifelong wound that will never quite heal. The only thing in this world that would bring slight relief would be Green Bay getting absolutely destroyed in the Super Bowl. The thought of Chicago flaming out to a team they could have eliminated in the regular season and watching the Packers hoist the Lombardi makes me ill. I can't think of a worse scenario than that.

No matter who wins this Dog fight( The teams, not the :argue: fans) I'll be cheering for that team as they are from the NFC North
Wow, you're a better person than I am. As I've mentioned before the Bears losing this game would inflict a lifelong wound that will never quite heal. The only thing in this world that would bring slight relief would be Green Bay getting absolutely destroyed in the Super Bowl. The thought of Chicago flaming out to a team they could have eliminated in the regular season and watching the Packers hoist the Lombardi makes me ill. I can't think of a worse scenario than that.
You had better prepare yourself mentally for that. Because it is going to happen. T&P.

No matter who wins this Dog fight( The teams, not the :argue: fans) I'll be cheering for that team as they are from the NFC North
You had better prepare yourself mentally for that. Because it is going to happen. T&P.
There's no way to prepare for it, and yes I think it will happen. :kicksrock:

:shrug: Really, once the Vikings are out I'll cheer for the NFC North every time. Drives the Packer fans around me :loco: .. Remember I live in Western Wisconsin.When the Packers won their last Superbowl a couple of them came over to try and rub it in.. Still don't understand why you can't just enjoy the Championship without trying to rub salt in a wound :lmao: But I just shook their hand, said congratulations enjoy the feeling as I remember it well from when the Twins won! :lmao: Leaves them :lmao: ;)

No matter who wins this Dog fight( The teams, not the :football: fans) I'll be cheering for that team as they are from the NFC North
Really??I mean I hate the Bears, and losing to them would truly suck. But IF the Bears were to win, it wouldn't ruin my life. I would probably not take it very well right away because I know the Packers are a better team, but going in, if i knew the Bears were a better team, it would be easier to take.

So go easy on yourself buckaroo, you know the Packers are the better team, and losing to a better team shouldn't be a life altering event.

No matter who wins this Dog fight( The teams, not the :shrug: fans) I'll be cheering for that team as they are from the NFC North
:football: Losing this weekend means a lifetime, I mean a LIFETIME, of crap from the FIBS. The only difference is IF the Bears go to the Super Bowl, they will surely get mopped. IF the Packers go to the SB, I think, (and many others "may"agree) that they have a fighting chance against either AFC opponent.Just my opinion.

No matter who wins this Dog fight( The teams, not the :lmao: fans) I'll be cheering for that team as they are from the NFC North
:lol: Losing this weekend means a lifetime, I mean a LIFETIME, of crap from the FIBS. The only difference is IF the Bears go to the Super Bowl, they will surely get mopped. IF the Packers go to the SB, I think, (and many others "may"agree) that they have a fighting chance against either AFC opponent.Just my opinion.
But of course. ;)

No matter who wins this Dog fight( The teams, not the :( fans) I'll be cheering for that team as they are from the NFC North
Not sure if I'm denial, but I mentioned in another thread that I would have been 10X more devastated if the Bears lost last week and deprived me of seeing this game.I have myself mentally prepared that whether the Bears win or lose this game, I'm going to walk out of Soldier Field happy I was there to see it.

Not sure if I'm denial, but I mentioned in another thread that I would have been 10X more devastated if the Bears lost last week and deprived me of seeing this game.I have myself mentally prepared that whether the Bears win or lose this game, I'm going to walk out of Soldier Field happy I was there to see it.
:thumbup: :bag:

:lmao: Losing this weekend means a lifetime, I mean a LIFETIME, of crap from the FIBS. The only difference is IF the Bears go to the Super Bowl, they will surely get mopped. IF the Packers go to the SB, I think, (and many others "may"agree) that they have a fighting chance against either AFC opponent.Just my opinion.
You realize that the Bears already beat one of the possible two AFC opponents, right? :hifive:

:shrug: Really, once the Vikings are out I'll cheer for the NFC North every time. Drives the Packer fans around me :loco: .. Remember I live in Western Wisconsin.When the Packers won their last Superbowl a couple of them came over to try and rub it in.. Still don't understand why you can't just enjoy the Championship without trying to rub salt in a wound :hifive: But I just shook their hand, said congratulations enjoy the feeling as I remember it well from when the Twins won! :argue: Leaves them :lmao: ;)
:goodposting:1Snogger, it's intelligent fans like you that truly "get it." Cheers to that, seriously.

No matter who wins this Dog fight( The teams, not the :lmao: fans) I'll be cheering for that team as they are from the NFC North
Not me. Not even close.

I really can't believe how disprespected Chicago is. Green Bay is a great team, but Chicago has been overlooked all year long because Jay Cutler has been erratic. Chicago has caught a lot of lucky breaks this year, but I think they are also vastly underrated because of a couple blowouts losses they recieved. I honestly think this is Chicago's year and they will beat GB next week in an epic, close game. Chicago played GB pretty close week 17 in a game that meant nothing to Chicago and everything to GB. GB does have a great future ahead of them though, I can't believe how deep that team is. People saying things like GB 55 Chi 0 is ridiculous though (if he was being serious).Anyone realize that Chicago has played Seattle more in the playoffs than GB? Which is really funny, considering Seattle was in the AFC for many years......
I'm tired of people saying Chicago had nothing to play for in Week 17. They were playing to keep their oldest and most hated rival out of the playoffs. Yeah, I can see how you'd think that's nothing. If it meant nothing why would the Bears play their starters for the entire game? So they risked injury to their starters for a "nothing" game? Okay, then. :thumbup: :rolleyes:

This thread seriously needs to get locked and flushed from FootballGuys. Yes yes, it's more important to us than the actual Superbowl.But you're right, GB fans. Bears are bad. You completely crushed them in week 17 and they gave their all that game. You don't have to worry about them. Heck, you don't even need to practice this week. Just go to Disneyland now and come back sunday morning in time to trounce them on their porous field. They have zero chance of winning! You don't need no stinking plan! Just toss darts at your playbook and beat them like the Cubs that they are.
At first I thought you got it. :rolleyes: Then you typed that 2nd paragraph. :no:
:thumbup: Love all the "oh woe is us" mentality a lot of Bear fans are throwing out there. :cry:
Same crap I heard from Falcons' fans on another board. No respect. Boo Hoo.

I really can't believe how disprespected Chicago is. Green Bay is a great team, but Chicago has been overlooked all year long because Jay Cutler has been erratic. Chicago has caught a lot of lucky breaks this year, but I think they are also vastly underrated because of a couple blowouts losses they recieved. I honestly think this is Chicago's year and they will beat GB next week in an epic, close game. Chicago played GB pretty close week 17 in a game that meant nothing to Chicago and everything to GB. GB does have a great future ahead of them though, I can't believe how deep that team is. People saying things like GB 55 Chi 0 is ridiculous though (if he was being serious).Anyone realize that Chicago has played Seattle more in the playoffs than GB? Which is really funny, considering Seattle was in the AFC for many years......
I'm tired of people saying Chicago had nothing to play for in Week 17. They were playing to keep their oldest and most hated rival out of the playoffs. Yeah, I can see how you'd think that's nothing. If it meant nothing why would the Bears play their starters for the entire game? So they risked injury to their starters for a "nothing" game? Okay, then. :thumbdown: :rolleyes:
Chicago had nothing to play for in Week 17.

Neither did the Saints after a quarter, they just executed their plan to get a bunch of their own guys injured much more efficiently than the Bears.

Side note: I was at the Cubs-Sox game the day of the Blackhawks victory parade and a lot of fans began cheering during the anthem. I think this Blackhawks tradition could quickly grow into a Chicago sport tradition. I know tons of people think it to lack class and possibly patriotism but I love it. Not as much as I believe it is Vancouver whose fans sing their anthem themselves, but I still love it.
I liked it. IIRC, there's a youtube video of him singing during the 1991 NHL All-Star game and the cheering was deafening.Now, if we could pass a big American flag through the crowd like they do for Candiens games.

I'm tired of people saying Chicago had nothing to play for in Week 17. They were playing to keep their oldest and most hated rival out of the playoffs. Yeah, I can see how you'd think that's nothing. If it meant nothing why would the Bears play their starters for the entire game? So they risked injury to their starters for a "nothing" game? Okay, then. :wall: :towelwave:
No one is going to listen to you on this subject due to your whacked belief the Bears weren't even trying to score on the final drive in that game.

I'm tired of people saying Chicago had nothing to play for in Week 17. They were playing to keep their oldest and most hated rival out of the playoffs. Yeah, I can see how you'd think that's nothing. If it meant nothing why would the Bears play their starters for the entire game? So they risked injury to their starters for a "nothing" game? Okay, then. :popcorn: :lmao:
No one is going to listen to you on this subject due to your whacked belief the Bears weren't even trying to score on the final drive in that game.
A few thoughts I have heard on this subject, most of which are at least plausible (from one extreme to the other).Starting with the most extreme and least beleiveable:1) The Bears wanted to let GB into the playoffs and keep the Giants (who had already won their game) out, as the Bears feared the Giants more than GB. They played their starters simply to appease the "meatball" Chicago fans that would have been infuriated and "giving" a game to the "hated" Packers.2) The Bears jogged out their starters, but really weren't trying to win at any point - again, mainly to appease "meatball" fans who would not have liked to see the Bears roll over (well, and appease Giant fans).3) The Bears played their starters the entire game, hoping to win. Not really needing a win, however they worked on some things offensively that they felt needed some cleaning up before the playoffs. Defensively, they did the same. In both cases not really "gameplanning" against the Packers, as using the game as a "game speed" scrimmage against a desperate team that was trying to win.4) The Bears played their starters in the hopes of knocking off the Packers. The added benefit to playing their starters was that the Bears, if they didn't win, could at least keep the game close enough to see what types of offensive and defensive schemes the Packers would run in "must win" games. The Bears could also run various things schematically giving other playoff teams more plays/formations/adjustments to look at on film and have to account for in their game planning.5) The Bears played at 100%. Coaches, players - even the waterboy, gave it everything they had to beat the Packers. But they lost anyway.While some Bears fans are insane enough to believe 1 or 2, and Packer fans hope 5 is true, I beleive the truth lies somewhere in the middle - around 3 or 4.To those that keep spouting about "trying to win on the final drive" and week 17 in general a few things:- A game is more than one drive - its is very likely that the Bears had more than one goal in this game. To deny that possibility is to lack understanding of the NFL, game planning and the ultimate objective - to win a Superbowl. The Bears had already accomplished Lovie's first 2 goals in a season - they had already beaten the Packers, they had already won the division.- There is s difference between "trying" to win and "needing to win to keep your season alive" In week 17 only one of the teams needed to win, this week, they both do.- In week 17 the Packers were playing at home. There is a reason they call it "homefield advantage". Welcome to Chicago.

I'm tired of people saying Chicago had nothing to play for in Week 17. They were playing to keep their oldest and most hated rival out of the playoffs. Yeah, I can see how you'd think that's nothing. If it meant nothing why would the Bears play their starters for the entire game? So they risked injury to their starters for a "nothing" game? Okay, then. :popcorn: :lmao:
To those that keep spouting about "trying to win on the final drive" and week 17 in general a few things:- A game is more than one drive - its is very likely that the Bears had more than one goal in this game. To deny that possibility is to lack understanding of the NFL, game planning and the ultimate objective - to win a Superbowl. The Bears had already accomplished Lovie's first 2 goals in a season - they had already beaten the Packers, they had already won the division.
Please tell us you aren't insane as well and believe the Bears WERE NOT trying to score on that final drive.

A few thoughts I have heard on this subject, most of which are at least plausible (from one extreme to the other).Starting with the most extreme and least beleiveable:1) The Bears wanted to let GB into the playoffs and keep the Giants (who had already won their game) out, as the Bears feared the Giants more than GB. They played their starters simply to appease the "meatball" Chicago fans that would have been infuriated and "giving" a game to the "hated" Packers.2) The Bears jogged out their starters, but really weren't trying to win at any point - again, mainly to appease "meatball" fans who would not have liked to see the Bears roll over (well, and appease Giant fans).3) The Bears played their starters the entire game, hoping to win. Not really needing a win, however they worked on some things offensively that they felt needed some cleaning up before the playoffs. Defensively, they did the same. In both cases not really "gameplanning" against the Packers, as using the game as a "game speed" scrimmage against a desperate team that was trying to win.4) The Bears played their starters in the hopes of knocking off the Packers. The added benefit to playing their starters was that the Bears, if they didn't win, could at least keep the game close enough to see what types of offensive and defensive schemes the Packers would run in "must win" games. The Bears could also run various things schematically giving other playoff teams more plays/formations/adjustments to look at on film and have to account for in their game planning.5) The Bears played at 100%. Coaches, players - even the waterboy, gave it everything they had to beat the Packers. But they lost anyway.While some Bears fans are insane enough to believe 1 or 2, and Packer fans hope 5 is true, I beleive the truth lies somewhere in the middle - around 3 or 4.To those that keep spouting about "trying to win on the final drive" and week 17 in general a few things:- A game is more than one drive - its is very likely that the Bears had more than one goal in this game. To deny that possibility is to lack understanding of the NFL, game planning and the ultimate objective - to win a Superbowl. The Bears had already accomplished Lovie's first 2 goals in a season - they had already beaten the Packers, they had already won the division.- There is s difference between "trying" to win and "needing to win to keep your season alive" In week 17 only one of the teams needed to win, this week, they both do.- In week 17 the Packers were playing at home. There is a reason they call it "homefield advantage". Welcome to Chicago.
Dude, enough with Bear fans trying to make excuses for the loss in Green Bay. No one cares anymore. The fact that any football fan or Bear fan thinks they weren't trying to score on that final drive is one of the most absurd things I have ever seen in the SP.

A few thoughts I have heard on this subject, most of which are at least plausible (from one extreme to the other).

Starting with the most extreme and least beleiveable:

1) The Bears wanted to let GB into the playoffs and keep the Giants (who had already won their game) out, as the Bears feared the Giants more than GB. They played their starters simply to appease the "meatball" Chicago fans that would have been infuriated and "giving" a game to the "hated" Packers.

2) The Bears jogged out their starters, but really weren't trying to win at any point - again, mainly to appease "meatball" fans who would not have liked to see the Bears roll over (well, and appease Giant fans).

3) The Bears played their starters the entire game, hoping to win. Not really needing a win, however they worked on some things offensively that they felt needed some cleaning up before the playoffs. Defensively, they did the same. In both cases not really "gameplanning" against the Packers, as using the game as a "game speed" scrimmage against a desperate team that was trying to win.

4) The Bears played their starters in the hopes of knocking off the Packers. The added benefit to playing their starters was that the Bears, if they didn't win, could at least keep the game close enough to see what types of offensive and defensive schemes the Packers would run in "must win" games. The Bears could also run various things schematically giving other playoff teams more plays/formations/adjustments to look at on film and have to account for in their game planning.

5) The Bears played at 100%. Coaches, players - even the waterboy, gave it everything they had to beat the Packers. But they lost anyway.

While some Bears fans are insane enough to believe 1 or 2, and Packer fans hope 5 is true, I beleive the truth lies somewhere in the middle - around 3 or 4.

To those that keep spouting about "trying to win on the final drive" and week 17 in general a few things:

- A game is more than one drive - its is very likely that the Bears had more than one goal in this game. To deny that possibility is to lack understanding of the NFL, game planning and the ultimate objective - to win a Superbowl. The Bears had already accomplished Lovie's first 2 goals in a season - they had already beaten the Packers, they had already won the division.

- There is s difference between "trying" to win and "needing to win to keep your season alive" In week 17 only one of the teams needed to win, this week, they both do.

- In week 17 the Packers were playing at home. There is a reason they call it "homefield advantage". Welcome to Chicago.
Dude, enough with Bear fans trying to make excuses for the loss in Green Bay. No one cares anymore. The fact that any football fan or Bear fan thinks they weren't trying to score on that final drive is one of the most absurd things I have ever seen in the SP.
Shocking. Two Packer fans read (and I use the term loosely) and respond - and come back with the same response...which generally shows that neither actually read any of the post. Please reread the post, then make comments - it really helps the discussion. HINT: At no point in the above did I say the Bears were not trying to score on the final drive.

ETA: Thank you for at least quoting the entire post, showing that at least you understood where it started and ended.

I agree that the truth lies somewhere between 3 and 4. But none of it matters. Because it isn't like the Packers played particularly well. They are playing better now than they have all season. The Bears are not winning this game. Did you watch the Packers dismantle the Falcons? They just obliterated them. They will do the same to the Bears.

Tramon Williams will get at least one pick. Matthews might get neutralized but that just means that others will be freed up. The Packers offense won't score 40 but 27+ is highly probable.

The Packers are the only team left with an elite offense and an elite defense.

I guess what I am saying is it doesn't matter what the Bears did in week 17. They are going to have the Packers' will imposed on them this weekend.

I have no horse in this race(my horse didn't make it out of the starter gate).

I just came in say I think Green Bay is going to dismantle the bears. It will be brutal.

I agree that the truth lies somewhere between 3 and 4. But none of it matters. Because it isn't like the Packers played particularly well. They are playing better now than they have all season. The Bears are not winning this game. Did you watch the Packers dismantle the Falcons? They just obliterated them. They will do the same to the Bears.Tramon Williams will get at least one pick. Matthews might get neutralized but that just means that others will be freed up. The Packers offense won't score 40 but 27+ is highly probable. The Packers are the only team left with an elite offense and an elite defense.I guess what I am saying is it doesn't matter what the Bears did in week 17. They are going to have the Packers' will imposed on them this weekend.
The Packers edge is in the passing game. Rodgers is the better QB. Cutler, Martz offense, and Capers defense can be a bad combination. The Bears edge is special teams. The Bears have explosive returners and solid play throughout while the Packers are near the bottom of such rankings.So a huge aspect of the game is which team exploits there advantage to a greater degree. The Packers winning the special teams battle or Cutler outplaying Rodgers are complete game changers.The mystery in this game is the running games. In general, the Packers have a slight edge in running efficiency and the Bears have a slight edge in stopping the run. I think us fans all have hopes involved in this but there is little telling what the running games will really look like on Sunday.Then of course, there are turnovers and penalties. The Packers are "favored" to win the turnover battle and were penalized a bit less than the Bears. But both aspects have a ton of unpredictability.I think the Packers are rightfully favored in this game and I also think they have a more likely chance to win in a blowout. But I also think the Bears could establish a running game while stoning the Packer run game, pass the ball just enough, and dominate on special teams on the way to the Super Bowl.

I agree that the truth lies somewhere between 3 and 4. But none of it matters. Because it isn't like the Packers played particularly well. They are playing better now than they have all season. The Bears are not winning this game. Did you watch the Packers dismantle the Falcons? They just obliterated them. They will do the same to the Bears.Tramon Williams will get at least one pick. Matthews might get neutralized but that just means that others will be freed up. The Packers offense won't score 40 but 27+ is highly probable. The Packers are the only team left with an elite offense and an elite defense.I guess what I am saying is it doesn't matter what the Bears did in week 17. They are going to have the Packers' will imposed on them this weekend.
The Packers edge is in the passing game. Rodgers is the better QB. Cutler, Martz offense, and Capers defense can be a bad combination. The Bears edge is special teams. The Bears have explosive returners and solid play throughout while the Packers are near the bottom of such rankings.So a huge aspect of the game is which team exploits there advantage to a greater degree. The Packers winning the special teams battle or Cutler outplaying Rodgers are complete game changers.The mystery in this game is the running games. In general, the Packers have a slight edge in running efficiency and the Bears have a slight edge in stopping the run. I think us fans all have hopes involved in this but there is little telling what the running games will really look like on Sunday.Then of course, there are turnovers and penalties. The Packers are "favored" to win the turnover battle and were penalized a bit less than the Bears. But both aspects have a ton of unpredictability.I think the Packers are rightfully favored in this game and I also think they have a more likely chance to win in a blowout. But I also think the Bears could establish a running game while stoning the Packer run game, pass the ball just enough, and dominate on special teams on the way to the Super Bowl.
I agree. A big part of both the previous games was the Packers ability or inability to control Hester. To be honest, I'd try to punt every single ball out of bounds. I would gladly take 30 yards net on every single punt just to keep the ball out of Hester's hands.

To me the most important aspect of this game is the Packers threat of a running game. All year they lacked a credible threat of such, and in response defenses were able to keep a L.B. back to the far edge of the box. This made the Packers slant game, the best part of their passing offense, non-existant. Now with just a threat of a running game the play action slant has returned. This play is what helped dismantle Atlanta, and contributed to the victory against the Eagles. The Packer offense finally again looks like the Packer offense, and that is a pwerful thing.

On defense the Packers now have enough personnel, with the return particularly of Cullen Jenkins, to run more of their base defense. These aspects are positive to me as is the potential return of Bigby and Zombo who can allow the Packer defense to show more packages and which may also help their special teams.

I believe the Packers will win. No surprise there since I am a fan.

That said the Bears have a running game. Their passing game may be sporadic, but it is dangerous enough to keep the Packers honest or to make them pay. The Bears recievers are not consistent, but they are fast and very capable of huge playes. The Bears defense is stout. I particularly notice that Daniel Manning, Archie Mannings third son, has been incredibly impactful in both games against the Packers. Lance Brigs can be a beast, as can Peppers. The special teams battle, and therefore field position is very likely to favor the Bears, and by a considerable margin. The Bears are very opportunistic. One mistake by the Packers, a dropped ball on offense, poor communication between Rodgers and the recievers, or a momentary breakdown on defense and the Bears could easily win. No team with a running game, stout defense, playing on short fields with great field position, and opportunistic and at home can be taken lightly. There is truth in the adage that defense and running games win championships.

Here's to hoping Rodgers has a great game and that Cutler has a case of the brain farts. I hope that the Packers get to Cutler from all angles. I hope also that Peppers does not dominate Bulaga with physical beats or drawing flags. You can't beat the Bears if drives are stalled by holding penalties or made more challenging constantly from procedure penalties.

To me the most important aspect of this game is the Packers threat of a running game. All year they lacked a credible threat of such, and in response defenses were able to keep a L.B. back to the far edge of the box. This made the Packers slant game, the best part of their passing offense, non-existant. Now with just a threat of a running game the play action slant has returned. This play is what helped dismantle Atlanta, and contributed to the victory against the Eagles. The Packer offense finally again looks like the Packer offense, and that is a pwerful thing.On defense the Packers now have enough personnel, with the return particularly of Cullen Jenkins, to run more of their base defense. These aspects are positive to me as is the potential return of Bigby and Zombo who can allow the Packer defense to show more packages and which may also help their special teams.I believe the Packers will win. No surprise there since I am a fan. That said the Bears have a running game. Their passing game may be sporadic, but it is dangerous enough to keep the Packers honest or to make them pay. The Bears recievers are not consistent, but they are fast and very capable of huge playes. The Bears defense is stout. I particularly notice that Daniel Manning, Archie Mannings third son, has been incredibly impactful in both games against the Packers. Lance Brigs can be a beast, as can Peppers. The special teams battle, and therefore field position is very likely to favor the Bears, and by a considerable margin. The Bears are very opportunistic. One mistake by the Packers, a dropped ball on offense, poor communication between Rodgers and the recievers, or a momentary breakdown on defense and the Bears could easily win. No team with a running game, stout defense, playing on short fields with great field position, and opportunistic and at home can be taken lightly. There is truth in the adage that defense and running games win championships.Here's to hoping Rodgers has a great game and that Cutler has a case of the brain farts. I hope that the Packers get to Cutler from all angles. I hope also that Peppers does not dominate Bulaga with physical beats or drawing flags. You can't beat the Bears if drives are stalled by holding penalties or made more challenging constantly from procedure penalties.
Very well said.The last lines there about penalties are big. Since that first meeting, Green Bay has cut down on penalties big time. I think they ended up something like 4th best in the NFL in terms of penalties against. They cannot afford another one of those mistake filled games.

:cry: I agree with all of this.

I'm tired of people saying Chicago had nothing to play for in Week 17. They were playing to keep their oldest and most hated rival out of the playoffs. Yeah, I can see how you'd think that's nothing. If it meant nothing why would the Bears play their starters for the entire game? So they risked injury to their starters for a "nothing" game? Okay, then. :popcorn: :shrug:
You keep responding, so obviously you're listening. Let me know when you book those tickets for the Bears fan convention, sport.

The Fix is in

Bet on the Bears

The NFL has chosen referee Terry McAulay to officiate the NFC Championship game Sunday at Soldier Field. One reason that is pertinent is that it was McAulay's crew that threw flags for 19 infractions (18 of which were accepted for 152 yards) in the Packers' 20-17 loss to the Bears in Week 3.

The Fix is in

Bet on the Bears

The NFL has chosen referee Terry McAulay to officiate the NFC Championship game Sunday at Soldier Field. One reason that is pertinent is that it was McAulay's crew that threw flags for 19 infractions (18 of which were accepted for 152 yards) in the Packers' 20-17 loss to the Bears in Week 3.
:lmao: Well, at least now the Pack has a scape goat.

Users who are viewing this thread