What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preseason Game Observations (1 Viewer)

Patriots pass rush is finally coming together. If all the high pick lineman and backers play to their potential the Pats D is gonna be scary. Wasn't the Tampa oline supposed to be improved?

TB looking like they forgot there was a game tonight. I know it's preseason, but man they are blowing a ton of assignments.

Anyone else think that until Gronk returns, starting ANYONE on the Pats outside of Brady and Amendola is risky? Even Ridley and Vereen? Hot hand every week is how it's gonna be.
:goodposting: Completely agree. Even with Ridley I could see him getting 25 carries one week and 6 the next depending on the gameplan and how the other guys are performing.

If San Francisco is going back to the playoffs, it's going to be the defense and run game that gets them there. They are kind of looking like the Baltimore Ravens from the past to me.

Sudfeld = Baby Gronk
I don't care if he never catches a ball in a game, he just looks like a wild child that belongs on fantasy teams. He has to be one of the happiest guys in America. I drafted in April and catching td passes for the patiots in August.

If San Francisco is going back to the playoffs, it's going to be the defense and run game that gets them there. They are kind of looking like the Baltimore Ravens from the past to me.
Kaepernick is 5 of 6 passing in preseason. Are you basing this on Colt McCoy and Scott Tolzien?

Sudfeld = Baby Gronk
I don't see him doing much between the 20's....but he could be a huge target in the redzone.
What a weird opinion, care to elaborate cause right now it makes literally no sense.

Also, RIP Sudfeld ADP. Auction draft tomorrow, going Gronk+Sudfeld is looking less manageable.
He just looks like a red zone guy to me. He has good hands. He is a big target. Works well in tight spaces. I just don't see him being a huge yardage guy.

Kaepernick is 5 of 6 passing in preseason. Are you basing this on Colt McCoy and Scott Tolzien?
Let's just put it this way, I'm not drafting anyone in the SF passing game.
Kaepernick and Davis are worth drafting early.

Sudfeld = Baby Gronk
I don't see him doing much between the 20's....but he could be a huge target in the redzone.
What a weird opinion, care to elaborate cause right now it makes literally no sense.

Also, RIP Sudfeld ADP. Auction draft tomorrow, going Gronk+Sudfeld is looking less manageable.
He just looks like a red zone guy to me. He has good hands. He is a big target. Works well in tight spaces. I just don't see him being a huge yardage guy.
He is the same frame and build as Gronk. Gronk is obviously a Redzone monster, but their respective sizes dominates opposing defenders.

wormburner said:
Anyone else think that until Gronk returns, starting ANYONE on the Pats outside of Brady and Amendola is risky? Even Ridley and Vereen? Hot hand every week is how it's gonna be.
A late round flier on Zach Sudfeld may be in order . . . . . until Gronk returns.
Been targetting Thompkins and Sudfeld (aswell as Amendola and Gronk), Dobson in dynasty.

:goodposting: Completely agree. Even with Ridley I could see him getting 25 carries one week and 6 the next depending on the gameplan and how the other guys are performing.
His carry numbers were pretty consistent last year. Doubt that changes.

Raiders OL/DL look awful. Alex Barron is now starting at LT and looks as bad as ever.
With their oline woes it seems to me that Pryor may end up being the best option by default... Flynn will start but does he stay healthy?

Pryor was 1 of 5 passing with two blown up screen passes that he threw into the ground on purpose to avoid negative plays... Also had a td run called back and threw away another pass... Had another throw that probably should have been a contested catch but was dropped ultimately

Just caught the games on NFL Gamepass. My impressions:

• Reggie Bush should catch a lot of balls this year. Other than that the Lions better hope Calvin stays healthy this year.
  • T.Richardson looked solid. Gordon should be a stud...if he can get it together off the field. Shame about Dion Lewis and his leg.
  • Eagles are fun to watch and they are going to run a TON of plays this year. McCoy is incredible (should see a lot of touches, especially receiving). Chris Polk played well except the fumble. Vick seems more dynamic. Terrible INT by Foles.
  • Ryan Matthews seems to be running very hard...but that team looks like it will be picking in the top 5 in 2014. Where's Vincent Brown?
  • Forte looked solid. Cutler's Man-love for Marshall seems to have not diminished at all...on the TD throw, he was throwing to Marshall no matter what.
  • I'm not sold on Ponder. Looked very pedestrian.
  • I thought Gore looked very nimble and quick on that long run.
  • Drew Brees is amazing. Jimmy Graham looks as solid as ever. Sproles still quick and going to be involved a lot. Ingram not looking half bad. Kenny Stills seems like a nice receiving option
  • Raiders...I want no part of that. Flynn looks pretty bad. McFadden had very little room to run
  • Tom Brady is spectacular. Amendola appears very mun on the same page a Brady. Vereen is being used in a lot of different ways. Still not sure which other WR will be viable for fantasy purposes. That NE defense was making plays everywhere on the field.
  • Didn't see much of TB's offense.
And also, NFL Gamepass (with the condensed game option) is amazing.

Just caught the games on NFL Gamepass. My impressions:

• Reggie Bush should catch a lot of balls this year. Other than that the Lions better hope Calvin stays healthy this year.
  • T.Richardson looked solid. Gordon should be a stud...if he can get it together off the field. Shame about Dion Lewis and his leg.
  • Eagles are fun to watch and they are going to run a TON of plays this year. McCoy is incredible (should see a lot of touches, especially receiving). Chris Polk played well except the fumble. Vick seems more dynamic. Terrible INT by Foles.
  • Ryan Matthews seems to be running very hard...but that team looks like it will be picking in the top 5 in 2014. Where's Vincent Brown?
  • Forte looked solid. Cutler's Man-love for Marshall seems to have not diminished at all...on the TD throw, he was throwing to Marshall no matter what.
  • I'm not sold on Ponder. Looked very pedestrian.
  • I thought Gore looked very nimble and quick on that long run.
  • Drew Brees is amazing. Jimmy Graham looks as solid as ever. Sproles still quick and going to be involved a lot. Ingram not looking half bad. Kenny Stills seems like a nice receiving option
  • Raiders...I want no part of that. Flynn looks pretty bad. McFadden had very little room to run
  • Tom Brady is spectacular. Amendola appears very mun on the same page a Brady. Vereen is being used in a lot of different ways. Still not sure which other WR will be viable for fantasy purposes. That NE defense was making plays everywhere on the field.
  • Didn't see much of TB's offense.
And also, NFL Gamepass (with the condensed game option) is amazing.
  • In the Browns game, it stood out to me how dynamic Jordan Cameron really can be given an opportunity.
  • Patriots will still be the Patriots and win the decision easily.
  • Ponder is not an NFL QB or even CFL QB, to be honest. A backup in Cousins is better than this guy can dream.
  • Who do the Chargers plan on taking with the first pick next year? Bridgewater or Clowney?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread