What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

President Trump suggests delaying the election (1 Viewer)

I think $600 is probably too high. And I'm not convinced increased unemployment benefits is the best way to handle this. Perhaps rent and food vouchers would be better. Or a UBI where everyone gets it. Because the incentives for $600 per week unemployment seems misplaced.

But SOMETHING needs to be done. Unless we want banks to own a ton of real estate.
I definitely agree.  I wouldn’t oppose ubi  to be on the table if they gave it a serious look . In general $600 a week is too much but to able to collect it because you abused paid sick time is wrong

Don’t get me wrong the GOP is at fault here too, but this is not the time to try and cram in agenda items.  The added pork is complete BS full stop. It’s unacceptable.  
100% agree with this.  That said, a compromise could have been hashed out in the last 70+ days as the House approved bill sat there ignored.  A wise old curmudgeon database administrator I learned under once said "Don't let those failing to plan tell you their failure is your emergency".  I feel like that rings true here as well.  We see this all the time...they've had months to negotiate this thing and they've sat on their hands until the last second.  And it seems rather obvious why they did that.

100% agree with this.  That said, a compromise could have been hashed out in the last 70+ days as the House approved bill sat there ignored.  A wise old curmudgeon database administrator I learned under once said "Don't let those failing to plan tell you their failure is your emergency".  I feel like that rings true here as well.  We see this all the time...they've had months to negotiate this thing and they've sat on their hands until the last second.  And it seems rather obvious why they did that.
Yeah I fundamentally agree, as I said upstream the GOP has water to carry here too.  But that still doesn’t excuse what the DEMs are trying to do.  I makes me sick that these ELECTED officials of the people are being so cavalier with the partisan game playing now of all times.  

Yeah I fundamentally agree, as I said upstream the GOP has water to carry here too.  But that still doesn’t excuse what the DEMs are trying to do.  I makes me sick that these ELECTED officials of the people are being so cavalier with the partisan game playing now of all times.  
The next time they don't behave this way will be the first unfortunately and I agree.

Trump is trying to put a new FBI building in downtown right next to his hotel, right? In this bill.
This is weird though.  Because I know they are also trying to sell their lease in the building, which I thought was a pretty smart move on their part.  That lease is virtually worthless to the Trumps in about 3 months.

But, maybe they are trying to salvage some sale value on the lease but putting the FBI building there, and creating some hotel demand in the area.

This is weird though.  Because I know they are also trying to sell their lease in the building, which I thought was a pretty smart move on their part.  That lease is virtually worthless to the Trumps in about 3 months.

But, maybe they are trying to salvage some sale value on the lease but putting the FBI building there, and creating some hotel demand in the area.
I think it’s mostly about preventing a hotel from being built there if the FBI moved to different part of the city or the suburbs.

I think it’s mostly about preventing a hotel from being built there if the FBI moved to different part of the city or the suburbs.
Correct.  This is the current location of the FBI building, a block away from the Trump hotel on Pennsylvania avenue.  The FBI did a long study and determined the best thing to do was relocate just outside the city in Maryland which would be cheaper than re-building in their current location.   Congress approved funding for the project but Trump blocked it because he wants them to rebuild in their current location otherwise a competing hotel would likely be built there.

Users who are viewing this thread