What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preston Williams of CSU Rams (1 Viewer)

the lone star

Footballguy
So I thought about this the other day. In 2015, Higgins had the best PFF grade in the country, just like Gallup did in 2017. Neither guy was taken that high, and when you look at the tape, they both did a lot of the same things (screen passes, curls, posts, etc.). With that said, how much of their college success was due to the system at CSU, and how much of it was due to their own individual talents? Is it more the system, or more their skillset?

Finally, let's focus on the namesake of this thread: Preston Williams. He was a rated out of high school as a top receiving prospect, has good height, length, and other tools. He transferred from Tennessee, and is now going to be at CSU. Will he benefit from CSU's system, or will any kind of collegiate success he enjoys at CSU be the pure product of his own achievement?

Hollywood Higgins was a big disappointment and even though they come from the same program I don't think you can indite Gallop or Preston Williams.

I'm not sure why Higgins has never stepped up.  He came in with a thin frame listed at 6'2 and 190 lbs but is currently listed at 6'1 and 198 lbs.  He seemed to play 'small' whenever he got in the game.  Almost like he wasn't able to withstand contact or was avoiding it and not going all-out to make catches, just my personal observation.

Gallup comes currently listed at 6'1 and 198 lbs so he is bigger than what Higgins was listed as a rookie.

Higgins was 'slightly' slower and ran a 4.6 to Gallup's 4.53

Higgins vert was only 32 compared to Gallup's 36.  Vertical leap is linked to how strong your core is.

As I noted, Higgins seemed to play 'small' but that might be linked to just not being very strong.  

CSU plays a Pro Style offense and Higgins was highly productive so many thought he was NFL ready.  He's had opportunities but he hasn't done much.

I'm curious to see what Gallup does but lets see what Gallup does before trying to pin Rashard Higgins struggles on CSU's offense and carrying it forward to Preston Williams even if he posts decent numbers with the Rams.

Users who are viewing this thread