What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pro Bowl Rosters Announced (1 Viewer)

Favre there over Rivers is a joke.

Gotta feel for Jennings and Calvin Johnson missing out in the NFC, while guys like Wes Welker and Reggie Wayne, neither of whom would have had a prayer in the NFC, made it in the AFC.

Gates? Seriously?

Glad to see Cutler made it! :rolleyes:

Having problems with the link - can someone paste in the thread here.
NFCOffensePos. Starter(s) ReservesQuarterback Kurt Warner, Arizona Drew Brees, New OrleansEli Manning, New York GiantsRunning back Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Michael Turner, AtlantaClinton Portis, WashingtonFullback Mike Sellers, WashingtonWide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, ArizonaAnquan Boldin, Arizona Steve Smith, CarolinaRoddy White, AtlantaTight end Jason Witten, Dallas Chris Cooley, WashingtonTackle Jordan Gross, CarolinaWalter Jones, Seattle Chris Samuels, WashingtonGuard Steve Hutchinson, MinnesotaChris Snee, New York Giants Leonard Davis, DallasCenter Andre Gurode, Dallas Shaun O'Hara, New York GiantsDefensePos. Starter(s) ReservesDefensive end Julius Peppers, CarolinaJustin Tuck, New York Giants Jared Allen, MinnesotaDefensive tackle Kevin Williams, MinnesotaJay Ratliff, Dallas Pat Williams, MinnesotaOutside linebacker DeMarcus Ware, DallasLance Briggs, Chicago Derrick Brooks, Tampa BayInside linebacker Patrick Willis, San Francisco Jon Beason, CarolinaCornerback Charles Woodson, Green BayAntoine Winfield, Minnesota Asante Samuel, PhiladelphiaFree safety Nick Collins, Green Bay Brian Dawkins, PhiladelphiaStrong safety Adrian Wilson, ArizonaAFCPos. Starter(s) ReservesQuarterback Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Brett Favre, New York JetsJay Cutler, DenverRunning back Thomas Jones, New York Jets Chris Johnson, TennesseeRonnie Brown, MiamiFullback Le'Ron McClain, Baltimore Wide receiver Andre Johnson, HoustonBrandon Marshall, Denver Reggie Wayne, IndianapolisWes Welker, New EnglandTight end Tony Gonzalez, Kansas City Antonio Gates, San Diego Tackle Joe Thomas, ClevelandJason Peters, Buffalo Michael Roos, Tennessee Guard Alan Faneca, New York JetsKris Dielman, San Diego Brian Waters, Kansas CityCenter Kevin Mawae, Tennessee Nick Mangold, New York JetsDefensePos. Starter(s) ReservesDefensive end Mario Williams, HoustonDwight Freeney, Indianapolis Robert Mathis, IndianapolisDefensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, TennesseeKris Jenkins, New York Jets Shaun Rogers, ClevelandOutside linebacker James Harrison, PittsburghJoey Porter, Miami Terrell Suggs, BaltimoreInside linebacker Ray Lewis, Baltimore James Farrior, PittsburghCornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, OaklandCortland Finnegan, Tennessee Darrelle Revis, New York JetsFree safety Ed Reed, Baltimore Strong safety Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Chris Hope, TennesseeSpecial teamsPos. Starter(s) ReservesPunter Shane Lechler, Oakland Placekicker Stephen Gostkowski, New England Kick returner Leon Washington, New York Jets Special teamer Brendon Ayanbadejo, Baltimore

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and how in the hell did Ryan Clady not make it? Guess it is difficult for a rookie offensive lineman to make it.

Thanks, Shlon.

Not that it was any surprise, but great to see Leon Washington get in. I thought he should have made it last year.

Cheers Robert Mathis. Guy has been as solid as anyone on the Colts D for the last 3 seasons, and gotten very little pub/notice. Enjoy Hawaii, Rob!

Rivers getting left off might be the biggest snub of all time. Favre my ###

Ryan Clady probably deserved a spot.

Tough competition at MLB in the NFC, but Barrett Ruud has been as good if not better than Willis and Beason

Abraham has had a better year than Peppers

Ronnie Brown, Antonio Gates and Reggie Wayne have not had pro bowl worthy seasons.

Hard to leave Calvin Johnson off but which wr do you take out for him? Tough one

Nothing huge but I thought McNabb or Rodgers were better choices than Eli

Woodley should be on over Suggs

Poor DeAngalo Williams. He is 4th in the NFL in rushing, first in YPC with an obscene 5.5, 2nd in rushing touchdowns with 14, first in total TDs with 16, and he didn't make it. Ouch.

But as always, fast starters always get the nod over those who start slow and finish strong.

1) HEY WHERES DEANGELO WILLIAMS??????

2) Abraham was definitely snubbed. That said, there are four great DE's in the NFC this year. I thought Abraham would make it over Alen given the supporting cast Allen has in Minnesota (both Kevin and Pat Williams were voted in as well).

3) Jason Peters and Joe Thomas over Jake Long (who was the number one vote getter) is questionable at best. Long been terriffic for the resurgent Dolphins while the Bills and Browns have looked terrible.

4) Eli over Romo is worthy of debate.

5) Rey Lewis - has he been good this year or is this just a case of name recognition?

Poor DeAngalo Williams. He is 4th in the NFL in rushing, first in YPC with an obscene 5.5, 2nd in rushing touchdowns with 14, first in total TDs with 16, and he didn't make it. Ouch.But as always, fast starters always get the nod over those who start slow and finish strong.
Just one a many reasons why Pro Bowl voting is a joke. It's done way to early.

Chris Johnson gets in but Steve Slaton doesn't? They have almost identical numbers. Slaton actually has more yards now. Ronnie Brown instead? He had one huge game and has barely done anything the rest of the year. Obviously it pays to play well early in the season as opposed to late.

McLain as a fullback? Granted that is his natural position but it's not like he has gotten most of his numbers playing as the fullback.

I thought rookies were generally excluded from the pro-bowl? Seems like there are quite a few this year.

Poor DeAngalo Williams. He is 4th in the NFL in rushing, first in YPC with an obscene 5.5, 2nd in rushing touchdowns with 14, first in total TDs with 16, and he didn't make it. Ouch.But as always, fast starters always get the nod over those who start slow and finish strong.
Seriously why the rush? Does the NFL have to reserve rooms in Hawaii before Christmas or something?

Reggie Wayne/Marshall over Wes Welker...meh. Just no recievers in the AFC really lighting it up. Marshall was suspended for 2 games, no? Don't like suspended players being rewarded with ProBowls...*cough* Steve Smith.

Clark got the snub job by the "name player" in Gates. Has that guy helped his team win even 1 game this season? Not that I can remember. Where Dallas has been a HUGE piece of nearly every Colt win. Gates is having a real Bo-Scaife-like season....yeah, that's ProBowl worthy!

:confused:Not only should Favre not have made it ahead of him, no AFC QB should have made it ahead of him, Manning and Cutler included. Rivers should be the AFC starter.

Reggie Wayne/Marshall over Wes Welker...meh. Just no recievers in the AFC really lighting it up. Marshall was suspended for 2 games, no? Don't like suspended players being rewarded with ProBowls...*cough* Steve Smith.Clark got the snub job by the "name player" in Gates. Has that guy helped his team win even 1 game this season? Not that I can remember. Where Dallas has been a HUGE piece of nearly every Colt win. Gates is having a real Bo-Scaife-like season....yeah, that's ProBowl worthy!
One of the glaring snubs that nobody has mentioned yet. How about the guy in the AFC who leads in TD receptions not making it. Moss didn't have a Moss-like year, but still he should have been in the Pro Bowl seeing how the other AFC WRs ended up this year.

:confused:

One of the glaring snubs that nobody has mentioned yet. How about the guy in the AFC who leads in TD receptions not making it. Moss didn't have a Moss-like year, but still he should have been in the Pro Bowl seeing how the other AFC WRs ended up this year.
:tinfoilhat: No way shouldn't Moss have made it over Welker and his 2 TDs and 10 yards-per-catch. I don't like Moss, but he is much more deserving than a possession receiver like Welker.

:lmao:Not only should Favre not have made it ahead of him, no AFC QB should have made it ahead of him, Manning and Cutler included. Rivers should be the AFC starter.
Rivers was probably hurt by his team's record, as well as the fact that he is a bit of a punk who appears to be disliked by a lot of players and fans.
Calvin Johnson has been the best wide receiver in the NFL this season. It's not his fault he plays for the Lions. Throw the guy a bone.
If they did, he'd probably catch it and take it to the house.

:lmao: No way shouldn't Moss have made it over Welker and his 2 TDs and 10 yards-per-catch. I don't like Moss, but he is much more deserving than a possession receiver like Welker.
Why should he deserve it over a possession receiver?

Doesn't look like that Redskins issue (where fan balloting had 20 Redskins leading in votes as starters) impacted the final rosters. Odd.

:shrug: No way shouldn't Moss have made it over Welker and his 2 TDs and 10 yards-per-catch. I don't like Moss, but he is much more deserving than a possession receiver like Welker.
Why should he deserve it over a possession receiver?
Because he is better and so were his stats.

Another snub I just noticed that seems awful bad to me, Josh Cribbs not making it as the AFC Special Teamer.

How is Brees not the starter??? He played half the year with backup WR's and may break Marino's passing record... talk about a snub... He doesn't have Fitz and Boldin to throw to...

Ernster getting snubbed this year is even worse.
hahaNo doubt... he had that uncanny ability to kick the ball away from even the best returners in the league... oh wait... I mean he couldn't kick it far enough FOR them to return it. He's pretty good at directional kicking... directly out of bounds that is!!

My post for our Roundtable column this week:

Offense, shomffense.

As was the case last season, the NFC was loaded at end. John Abraham, Aaron Kampman and Trent Cole all have legitimate arguments over Julius Peppers, particularly Abraham, who's been more consistent against better offensive lines than in recent memory. And it's hard not to see Cole as a better all-around player than Peppers. I'd have put either on my ballot ahead of Peppers. Nice to see Jay Ratliff get recognized. Usually we're banging on the Cowboys' undeserving pick(s). Ratliff absolutely belongs. No question about the two Minnesota tackles. Others have shown flashes (Rocky Bernard, both Giants starters), but these three were the best of the bunch.

Pretty weak OLB group in the NFC this season, so, though Derrick Brooks is getting in on name recognition mostly (he's not even an every-down player any more), it's hard to argue too much. I'd have found a way to recognize Karlos Dansby as an OLB or argue for Thomas Davis' quiet breakout season. Jon Beason is definitely deserving at the reserve ILB spot; there's a strong argument that he's played better than Patrick Willis. Bradie James and London Fletcher get honorable mentions and E.J. Henderson would have been right there had he stayed healthy.

Can't argue with the three cornerback selections. Chris Gamble, Charles Tillman and Corey Webster have all been pretty consistent, but none have a clearly stronger argument. At first glance, Nick Collins is a surprising selection. He's definitely played better this year, though, and O.J. Atogwe may have been his only real competition at FS in the NFC.

The AFC is much weaker at end than the NFC. Both Freeney and Mathis are solid players, but neither are close to the all-around talent that was left out in the NFC. It may have been nice to see a 3-4 end like Aaron Smith or Ty Warren recognized here. Awesome trio of tackles cost Haloti Ngata, Vince Wilfork, Jamal Williams and Tony Brown any chance at recognition. Ngata may be the best defender left off the team in either conference.

Very hard to argue with the three OLB selections, but Calvin Pace, Lamarr Woodley and Keith Bulluck all deserve honorable mention for their solid all-around contributions. Inside, Stephen Cooper and Kirk Morrison toil in silence in the AFC West and DeMeco Ryans battled admirably through injury for most of the season. Lewis and Farrior anchor the best defenses in the conference (along with Tennessee) and were most deserving.

At corner, there's Asomugha and everyone else. The everyone else could have been much different, though. There's an argument that Nick Harper may be a better corner than Cortland Finnegan, which is more praise for Harper than an indictment of Finnegan, who is deserving in his own right. Revis has had his ups and downs this season. Ike Taylor and Kelvin Hayden, as well as an injured Rashean Mathis were probably in the mix as well. Hard to argue with Troy Polamalu, Chris Hope and Ed Reed at safety. Gibril Wilson may not be in their class on the field, but is a solid player. Yeremiah Bell's breakout season could have been recognized as well.

With rare exception, this group looks very solid.

How is Brees not the starter??? He played half the year with backup WR's and may break Marino's passing record... talk about a snub... He doesn't have Fitz and Boldin to throw to...
He has had Reggie Bush in the backfield for a majority of the season and a surging Pierre Thomas lately. Warner has had Tim Hightower and an over-the-hill Edgerrin James. Case closed.

Users who are viewing this thread