What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Prospective RB Thread for Week 3 (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
So despite my plans to go RB-RB, I took a falling WR in round 2 - and from there out the best picks were never RB's.  So I unintentionally punted RB2.

So Lets discuss RB's that may emerge in the next month based on opportunity (no if so and so gets injured talk - that's for the Lotto thread)

Not expecting studs but looking for reasonable PPR contribution

So name your waiver wire player(s) and maybe a brief note if it's not obvious

So  lets get started:

Patterson - he's already emerging as a PPR option 

Gainwell - also making a decent contribution after two weeks but expect volatility

Already own Gainwell, will probably have to FAAB Patterson this week

There are literally 0 rbs available in either of my 12 team leagues. The rb landscape is bleak.
This is why Cook, McCaffrey and maybe Aaron Jones have become so valuable - the only bellcows who rarely come off the field and get a lot of work in the passing game. Barkley may return to that and maybe Harris gets there, but there doesn't seem to be any others on the horizon unless their counterpart gets hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to derail but I think you are much better off focusing on trade targets than waivers…just don’t see too many options on the waiver wire.

I somewhat agree on Patterson in PPR but man, I wouldn't feel great to have him as my RB2. he's going to be hit or miss most of the year. You can't rely on a guy like this who's kind of a jack of all trades type of players. He's super talented but his usage is so all over the place....hard to have him in your starting lineup every week. He's more of a borderline flex guy with high risk/somewhat good reward type of guy.  I think you could go with good back ups like Mattison , etc...and hope for the main guy in that team to get injured. 

This would be a lot easier to comment on if you put a little more meat on the bone for us:

League setup/ current roster/ available players on waiver and waiver type etc.

Quick hunch is that you might be in a "stockpile backups and pray for an injury" situation.

Or as mentioned in an earlier post, getting your hands on a White/Hines/McKissic or even a Jamaal Williams or whatever might be your best bet if you can flip a somewhat redundant WR for one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I somewhat agree on Patterson in PPR but man, I wouldn't feel great to have him as my RB2. he's going to be hit or miss most of the year. You can't rely on a guy like this who's kind of a jack of all trades type of players. He's super talented but his usage is so all over the place....hard to have him in your starting lineup every week. He's more of a borderline flex guy with high risk/somewhat good reward type of guy.  I think you could go with good back ups like Mattison , etc...and hope for the main guy in that team to get injured. 

I agree with you on this. Only thing that might bump Patterson up a little more is that Falcons should be down most games and in shoot outs which should help Patterson's style. But yea, definitely not a RB2. 

So despite my plans to go RB-RB, I took a falling WR in round 2 - and from there out the best picks were never RB's.  So I unintentionally punted RB2.

So Lets discuss RB's that may emerge in the next month based on opportunity (no if so and so gets injured talk - that's for the Lotto thread)

Not expecting studs but looking for reasonable PPR contribution

So name your waiver wire player(s) and maybe a brief note if it's not obvious

So  lets get started:

Patterson - he's already emerging as a PPR option 

Gainwell - also making a decent contribution after two weeks but expect volatility

Already own Gainwell, will probably have to FAAB Patterson this week
clear out all non essential roster spots and add as many lotto tickets as you can. guys like Salvon Ahmed Mia, Justin Jackson LAC, Alex Collins Sea, Jeremy McNichols Ten, et al.

Or swing a trade.

This would be a lot easier to comment on if you put a little more meat on the bone for us:

League setup/ current roster/ available players on waiver and waiver type etc.

Quick hunch is that you might be in a "stockpile backups and pray for an injury" situation.

Or as mentioned in an earlier post, getting your hands on a White/Hines/McKissic or even a Jamaal Williams or whatever might be your best bet if you can flip a somewhat redundant WR for one.
I think the value of pass catching backs like the ones you mentioned are going up this year. Just getting consistent production out of your number two RB spot in such a bleak RB year is super valuable. I think once we hit bye weeks and see more injuries there will be a lot of goose eggs in many RB 2 lineups. Grab these guy's if you can because they will at least get you something. 

This is why Cook, McCaffrey and maybe Aaron Jones have become so valuable - the only bellcows who rarely come off the field and get a lot of work in the passing game. Barkley may return to that and maybe Harris gets there, but there doesn't seem to be any others on the horizon unless their counterpart gets hurt.
You forgot the king who is better than all of them combined!

Users who are viewing this thread