What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PSA: Cell phone charging (1 Viewer)

The first one seems like a no-brainer.

What's the big deal on the second one?
They can fall asleep on the cord and get electrocuted or it can start something on fire, at least with cheap aftermarket ones.  

Just imagine a cord like this

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't let your kids or wives charge their phones next to the bathtub. 

Or let them fall asleep with their phones plugged in and using them.
I read a story a few months ago about a teenager getting electrocuted in scenario 1.  Definitely can be a terrible situation that kids don't really consider - focus too much on the need for a phone.

parasaurolophus said:
They can fall asleep on the cord and get electrocuted or it can start something on fire, at least with cheap aftermarket ones. 
This seems highly improbable

This seems highly improbable
It is. But it is highly improbable that falling asleep with their phone in bed has positive benefits to outweigh the risk. 

Parents arent putting their kids in coats because they are worried about them slipping out of their carseats. Try finding one example of it happening for real. I couldnt find any. The one i thought i had found turned out to be where the whole seat got ejected from the car first so i highly doubt that the kid being in a snowsuit is why he was ejected from the seat after that. The snowsuit may have actually helped him since he only had minor injuries.

PSA: prolong the HELL out of your battery by not charging past 80%

harder to do with less mAh batteries, but still... huge difference maker.

Users who are viewing this thread