What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Decision Championship Week, Lets Discuss (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Reading through a ton of different QB threads and they are all filled with the same names:

Rivers

Romo

Cutler

Kaep

Cam

Smith

Luck

Wilson

Brady

Cousins (seeing him enter some convos)

Any others I'm forgetting?

Most of us are in the same boat and need to pick one guy off of this list to start - How should this be ranked?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure I understand...are you just trying to list all of the QB options for teams in the finals? I think there are a lot more options than that. Might as well just list out your entire QB rankings for week 16.

Kirk Cousins should be considered. In fact, I plan on starting him over Russell Wilson in the third place game. I love Wilson but I just don't see the same kind of upside.

Not sure I understand...are you just trying to list all of the QB options for teams in the finals? I think there are a lot more options than that. Might as well just list out your entire QB rankings for week 16.
The decisions people are all questioning are between the guys on this list, I.E. Rivers vs Romo or Cutler vs Kaep or Smith vs Luck... Most people struggling with their decision have two guys on this list. This list is like 5-12, but extremely interchangeable.

As I said in another thread, I'm heavily considering Dalton over Cam. Dalton has a matchup against a bottom 3 or 4 pass defense in MIN, Cam has a matchup against a top 3 pass D in NO. Cam's been pretty average, and if they learned anything from the previous game, it's that they don't want to get into a shootout with NO. I expect a lot of running and trying to keep the ball out of Brees' hands.

Rivers - 400/2/3 against them last time. Good fantasy day, but they have been running more and more. Will the Raiders keep this interesting?

Romo - Who knows who shows up? Do they just run Murray all day? Do they let Romo go out there and throw the ball all over the field?

Cutler - High powered offense, great offensive coach, great weapons, nice match-up... This guys is def confusing a lot of us!

Kaep - Another great match-up MNF game, Crabtree back

Cam - Played terrible against them on the road two weeks ago

Smith - This guy has been a top 3 fantasy QB for over a month now, nice match-up

Luck - Who knows which Luck shows up?

Wilson - Possibly the 2nd most talented on this list. Good AZ defense

Brady - The Ravens just put it down on a much more talented group of players than Tom has. Tough to hang multiple TD over 300 yd games when both of your top two options are little white guys

Cousins (seeing him enter some convos) - Matt Flynn can throw for 4 TDs in one half on them and he looked good against Atlanta.

Dalton - Terrible Minn pass defense, must win home game

Why is Foles not in this conversation?
Bring him in...

I think the main point of this thread is people having more than one option at QB and these are extremely difficult decisions.

Unless you have Brees or Manning, you prob have a tough decision this week.

Bring him in...
Consider him brought. ;)

It's kinda hard to even consider not starting him. I understand that the Bears defensive strength, if you can call it that, is their pass defense, and that "the way to beat the Bears is on the ground"; but Foles has been rock-solid. A good run game only helps a QB. It isn't like Foles is some game-managing scrub.

My other option is Cutler, who I don't trust as much. He's always good for throwing some maddening interceptions too. I have these two options mainly because I think this game as the potential for a lot of points, but I still don't understand the possible scenario where the Eagles would have nothing to play for. They go head-to-head with the Cowboys Week 17. If there's even a chance the Eagles might sit their starters for even part of the game, I'd go with Cutler.

Bring him in...
Consider him brought. ;)

It's kinda hard to even consider not starting him. I understand that the Bears defensive strength, if you can call it that, is their pass defense, and that "the way to beat the Bears is on the ground"; but Foles has been rock-solid. A good run game only helps a QB. It isn't like Foles is some game-managing scrub.

My other option is Cutler, who I don't trust as much. He's always good for throwing some maddening interceptions too. I have these two options mainly because I think this game as the potential for a lot of points, but I still don't understand the possible scenario where the Eagles would have nothing to play for. They go head-to-head with the Cowboys Week 17. If there's even a chance the Eagles might sit their starters for even part of the game, I'd go with Cutler.
I didn't include him bc I feel pretty much every Foles owner is playing him. His big drawback is obviously the Bears terrible run defense... I could see Foles with a 240/1 game while Shady/Brown/Polk combine for like 280/3

I have Foles, Luck and Wilson in a TD-heavy scoring Championship game. I don't think I have much of a decision - Foles.

However, it concerns me that the game may mean nothing to Philly by the time it kicks off.

Thoughts?

I have 3 teams in the finals this week, only one of which really requires much thought on the QB situation.

The decision is between A. Smith and Dalton. I'll be going with A. Smith.

I have Foles, Luck and Wilson in a TD-heavy scoring Championship game. I don't think I have much of a decision - Foles.

However, it concerns me that the game may mean nothing to Philly by the time it kicks off.

Thoughts?
I like Wilson on TDs - Lynch will not be finding a lot of room against AZ's defense.

With that being said, Foles should prob be started.

Bring him in...
Consider him brought. ;) It's kinda hard to even consider not starting him. I understand that the Bears defensive strength, if you can call it that, is their pass defense, and that "the way to beat the Bears is on the ground"; but Foles has been rock-solid. A good run game only helps a QB. It isn't like Foles is some game-managing scrub.

Even with those stupid picks cutler throws he still puts up good numbers in fantasy. Looking at what mccown and cutler have done together this season, trestman's system just works for his qbs (which in conjunction works for their fantasy owners). Even if cutler looks bad to the eye, his receivers will make him look good on stat sheets. I know everyone that was following the bears game this passed Sunday were questioning why cutler was still starting over mccown

Thoughts?
I like Wilson on TDs - Lynch will not be finding a lot of room against AZ's defense.

With that being said, Foles should prob be started.
I've gotten this decision wrong every week except last week since I picked up Foles. DIdn't matter last week as I have Jamal Charles but will matter this week. I am a Seahawks fan so worry I thinking with my heart rather than my head on Wilson.

In a 2qb league with Foles, A Smith, Fitzpatrick, Rodgers. Foles starts regardless but I think I'm going Alex Smith even if Rodgers plays.

Week's fun

1. Picking up Rodgers so opponent can't

2. Dealing with both Foles and Rodgers uncertainty

3. Packers doc....give us thy verdict

Fun continues

That is all

I'm in a couple of zealots leagues with not great QB options. All year I have picked my guys based on projected points even when I haven't felt I liked the suggested guy. With it championship week I am thinking of putting more thought into my lineups. In 2 of my 3 games I have Flacco and he is projected with more points than Big Ben in one and Cousins in the other. I'm so underwhelmed by Flacco that I am thinking of going against the projected points.

I'm trying to decide between Roethlisberger and Cutler. When Cutler was injured Roethlisberger had some very nice games for me. I even went with Roethlisberger last week when Cutler came back. Both QB's are playing teams with not so great passing defenses. However, this week I'm leaning towards Cutler.

On my other team, my options are Flacco and Ryan. I'm leaning towards Flacco because I think he will have the better game, however his injury last week gives some pause about starting him. If he takes a hit in that spot early in the game that could be very bad. For now I'm still rolling with Flacco.

Rivers over Romo in one, didn't want overthink it.

In another, RGIII almost screwed my season. Finally rolled with McCown and set the league scoring record (18 year redraft) week 14. For the semi-finals I plugged in Alex Smirh and romped.

Smith or Cutler? No idea, keep going back n forth.

I picked up Cutler to pair with Foles....this lets me decide right before the sunday night game who to start. If Philly has nothing to play for, it will at least give me an option other than Foles.

Foles or Brady for me. Fantasy pros says 94% Foles to 6% Brady but yahoo projects Brady to get more points. That messes with me.

How about Fitz? He had bad games against Seattle (lots of QBs have) and Denver, but otherwise has been money in all the games he started. Going against a Jax team that he played well against in week 10 (264 yards, 2 PTDs, 1 RTD, 0 Int). why doesn't he get more love?

Brees and Cousins for me over Tanny and Schaub in a start 2 QB league.

I think Cousins can be as high scoring as any QB this week.

I've got to decide between Romo, Cutler, and Dalton. I'm leaning Culter - but some of the "CHI may have nothing to play for Sunday night" comments in the other thread has me second guessing. I've also got Jeffey, so I suppose if CHI rests their starters I'm screwed anyway. With all things being equal (if all 3 play) I think Cutler is the right call against an atrocious PHI secondary, in prime time, with 4 studly weapons in the passing game (Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett, Forte).

I have Foles or Stafford & will go with Foles unless I hear of some bad weather in Philly.

Other league I'm leaning A Smith over Wilson. Have considered taking Cousins off waivers but not sure I can take that gamble.

Foles or Brees. Both warm weather, but both very windy and rainy.

Obviously Foles has the better matchup, and is at home.

The worst of the rain should be through by the time Foles plays from what I understand. I watched him do ok in 6 inches of snow so I think he'll be alright.

The worst of the rain should be through by the time Foles plays from what I understand. I watched him do ok in 6 inches of snow so I think he'll be alright.
It's not the same.

Stil cant make this decision without feeling I am screwing up. Leaning Foles over Brees right now

I think Foles over Brees is the right choice. I watched most of the Carolina game last week and their defense is the real deal. We saw how much Brees struggled with Seattle's good defense earlier this year. I'm playing Foles over Brady.

I think Foles over Brees is the right choice. I watched most of the Carolina game last week and their defense is the real deal. We saw how much Brees struggled with Seattle's good defense earlier this year. I'm playing Foles over Brady.
I know, much better matchup.

Brees did light carolina up at home, but thats a whole different animal on teh road at carolina, outside in the rain

How about Fitz? He had bad games against Seattle (lots of QBs have) and Denver, but otherwise has been money in all the games he started. Going against a Jax team that he played well against in week 10 (264 yards, 2 PTDs, 1 RTD, 0 Int). why doesn't he get more love?
I think this guy is being overlooked..He produced pretty well last week and has a prime match up. Seems like Tenn is more interested in slinging the rock now that they know CJ2K won't be there next year. They have thrown the ball over 35 times in 3 of the last 4 games. Last game vs Jax he had 3 TD's...I am trying to decide between him and Dalton this week...Not sure which way to go yet..

Im in a dilemma myself trying to figure out if I should start Stafford or Rivers... Rivers seems to have the better matchup but Stafford can go off big, I also am starting Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates (thanks to Cameron injury) and I got Ryan Mathews in my flex.... that's a lot of SD players tied to one game, something I do not want to do so im considering going with Stafford here.

I know, much better matchup.

Brees did light carolina up at home, but thats a whole different animal on teh road at carolina, outside in the rain
This game reeks of Carolina payback. Rain, sloppy field, and a lot at stake for a young, hungry team. Don't know if Brees is quite a slam dunk this weekend.

Really starting to worry about Foles. If Dallas wins, are you guys starting him assuming no news about his playing time comes out? I know Kelly said he won't rest his starters, but I don't believe it. He'd be crazy to run their normal offense and risk injuring their stars. Even if they are a full go, I doubt it's for the entire game.

The problem is I don't really have any other options since all the Sunday and Monday night QB's are owned in most leagues. Should I pick up Barkley? Only worth a play is if Foles is declared inactive, which I don't expect. Would it be crazy to pick up a 4pm QB and plug him in immediately if Dallas wins? If I don't then it's Foles, whether he plays or not.

Don't say this very often, but LETS GO REDSKINS!

Been riding with Rivers over Romo since week 13, so I'm gonna stay the course. I also own/start Keenan Allen & Dez, so either way I'm stuck w/ a combo (this was NOT even remotely intentional, BTW). I "trust" Rivers more than Romo, even though even w/ the weather, I think Romo has a higher ceiling today, and even weekly. I just have zero trust in that Cowboys offense.

Been riding with Rivers over Romo since week 13, so I'm gonna stay the course. I also own/start Keenan Allen & Dez, so either way I'm stuck w/ a combo (this was NOT even remotely intentional, BTW). I "trust" Rivers more than Romo, even though even w/ the weather, I think Romo has a higher ceiling today, and even weekly. I just have zero trust in that Cowboys offense.
Smart

Users who are viewing this thread