What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Hendon Hooker, DET (1 Viewer)

System pumped him up. Not many tight window throws from him. Not saying he can't make them, but he didn't really have to.
Been reading up on Heupel's offense since your post and I see what you mean.

The constant super wide sets and super up-tempo are putting tons of pressure on college defenses and allowing a lot of separation for the receivers.

I don't think it's so gimmicky that his ability to read defenses has been compromised, the tempo may help a little, but that offense won't translate to the NFL and he will need to prove he can make tougher, tight window throws.

Funny how right after I posted that @Faust posted Simms’ breakdown stating the amount of NFL throws he makes.

And your post was from Saturday.
I’m on Tramadol for my surgically repaired knee. It feels like weeks ago.
;)

Seriously though - I still believe the Lions are the perfect fit for Hooker. I wasn’t commenting on his draft stock with that statement, just saying where i thought he’d be a good fit.

System pumped him up. Not many tight window throws from him. Not saying he can't make them, but he didn't really have to.
Been reading up on Heupel's offense since your post and I see what you mean.

The constant super wide sets and super up-tempo are putting tons of pressure on college defenses and allowing a lot of separation for the receivers.

I don't think it's so gimmicky that his ability to read defenses has been compromised, the tempo may help a little, but that offense won't translate to the NFL and he will need to prove he can make tougher, tight window throws.

Funny how right after I posted that @Faust posted Simms’ breakdown stating the amount of NFL throws he makes.
I think Simms made some interesting points about how Hooker handles a muddy pocket.

;)

Seriously though - I still believe the Lions are the perfect fit for Hooker. I wasn’t commenting on his draft stock with that statement, just saying where i thought he’d be a good fit.
Sorry about the knee, get well quick.

But I'll see that and raise you fissure surgery last Tuesday (Norco).

Rest easy & heal up quickly my friend.

The Tramodol is surprisingly gentle. Not at all anxiety-inducing like Vicodin.

Today is day 1 of “weight bearing”’- so little shuffle walk on the crutches. Responding well.

Rest easy & heal up quickly my friend.

The Tramodol is surprisingly gentle. Not at all anxiety-inducing like Vicodin.

Today is day 1 of “weight bearing”’- so little shuffle walk on the crutches. Responding well.
Having worked in the work comp industry for a long time the best advice you can follow is be a good patient and hit your rehab ASAFP and hit it hard. You'll have the best long term outcomes if you do.

Back on point and my deepest thoughts with those falling ill around here

Hooker might be the steal of the draft when you look at the investment required for many other names.
Hooker might be there in the 2nd-3rd round, for some teams that need so much help, forget the early QBs
Build out your OL and DL, take Hooker as a band aid for a couple years, see if he has anything,
Keep stacking draft picks and look for your shot to get a rookie when your team is ready for them to succeed.

I saw a recent mock where Hendon went in the 5th round. Think there's gonna be some surprised people come draft day.
58 Passing Touchdowns vs 5 Interceptions the last 2 seasons in the SEC
They beat Alabama, not sure what people are thinking here.
Transferred from Va Tech, high completion %, approaching almost 70 his Senior Year
If he is drafted 3rd-5th Rd he will just carry a clipboard for a couple seasons before anyone will give him a chance, doesn't hurt to sit, learn and wait.
I think eventually he will make some noise in the NFL

Given this QBs name, it’s no surprise to me that this thread is littered with references to such things as sponge baths and recreational drug use 😂

I remember I started evaluating/watching tape of the QBs before he got injured and he impressed me. He’s a good and even blend of pocket passer with the ability to rush and he’s experienced enough that he could take to the NFL level immediately and be a very solid dual threat. All going well, he could theoretically end up similar to the current incarnation of Geno

NFL Rookie Watch @NFLRookieWatxh
Former NFL GM and ESPN personality Mike Tannenbaum reportedly believes Hendon Hooker could come off the board as early as “fifth overall” to the Seahawks. Hooker is viewed by many to be a late first to second round pick, with the potential to rise. If Hooker comes off the board fifth overall, he would be the highest drafted Volunteers QB since Peyton Manning

Former NFL GM and ESPN personality Mike Tannenbaum reportedly believes Hendon Hooker could come off the board as early as “fifth overall” to the Seahawks. Hooker is viewed by many to be a late first to second round pick, with the potential to rise. If Hooker comes off the board fifth overall, he would be the highest drafted Volunteers QB since Peyton Manning
Slow news day. Mike Tannenbaum, the former GM that drafted Mark Sanchez, thinks that Hendon Hooker should be overdrafted.

;)

I’m really hoping Hooker doesn’t leave the state.

Back on point and my deepest thoughts with those falling ill around here

Hooker might be the steal of the draft when you look at the investment required for many other names.
Hooker might be there in the 2nd-3rd round, for some teams that need so much help, forget the early QBs
Build out your OL and DL, take Hooker as a band aid for a couple years, see if he has anything,
Keep stacking draft picks and look for your shot to get a rookie when your team is ready for them to succeed.

Paris Johnson or Skoronski at 1.11, hooker in the 2nd is a dream scenario for the titans imo.

It’s weird how field vision is Bryce Young’s first Pro listed, but Hooker isn’t getting buried for running a MIckey Mouse offense.

NFL Rookie Watch
@NFLRookieWatxh
Several NFL scouts reportedly believe there’s “no shot” Hendon Hooker makes it out of the first round.
Hooker has met privately so far with the Texans, Colts, Giants, Titans, and Buccaneers.
Hooker had the highest total QBR of any of the Top-5 QB’s in this year’s Draft last season
----------------------------
Competition Factor
@CompFactor
Hendon Hooker's production while at @Vol_Football was second to none. He heads to the #NFLDraft as our top rated QB in our production adjusted for competition level metric. Is @henhook2 being overlooked as a QB prospect in this class?

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports rookie QB Hendon Hooker is scheduled to meet with the Saints.​

Hooker and the Saints are scheduled for a sit-down on Tuesday. Just months removed from a torn ACL suffered in Tennessee's loss to South Carolina last season, Hooker is a fringe first-round pick whose draft stock took a massive blow due to the injury. The Saints currently hold the 29th overall pick in this month's draft and already have Derek Carr in the building. Carr's presence could prove valuable in helping Hooker learn the NFL game as he recovers, while also giving the Saints a chance to compete in what appears to be a down year for the NFC South.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 3, 2023, 12:46 PM ET

I don't follow college football much, why is this dude so old? Did he go on a Morman mission or something?

With the 35th pick of the 2023 NFL Draft ……..
...and their 2024 first round pick the Indianapolis Colts trade for Lamar Jackson.
I would be fine with that
I was kind of kidding, which I am sure you know, but it actually would be a solid deal for both teams. Baltimore would probably want a little more in either picks or players (Minshew?).

I would like to see Lamar in Steichen's offense.

...and their 2024 first round pick the Indianapolis Colts trade for Lamar Jackson.
I was kind of kidding, which I am sure you know, but it actually would be a solid deal for both teams. Baltimore would probably want a little more in either picks or players (Minshew?).

A 2024 1st and a player wouldn’t be bad. Perhaps Pittman or maybe just Kelly. How is Baltimore at center? 2024 1st, a 3rd, and Kenny Moore perhaps

A 2024 1st and a player wouldn’t be bad. Perhaps Pittman or maybe just Kelly. How is Baltimore at center? 2024 1st, a 3rd, and Kenny Moore perhaps
They drafted a center in the first last year.

They drafted a center in the first last year.
Ok, disregard Kelly. How about the other two deals?

Texans need everything and I’m curious how DeMeco being present in the 9ers org when Lance/Purdy situation happened + running similar offense influences his recommendation on QB preference to Caserio.

My perfect draft has the Texans going more BPA early and then grabbing Hooker in the late 1st if we feel the need to go grab him/5th year vs waiting until 33 to take him at the top of the 2nd.

Multiple teams reportedly have Hendon Hooker “over” Will Levis and Anthony Richardson on their Draft boards. Hooker is set to visit privately with the Saints tomorrow and has already met with the Texans, Colts, Giants, Titans, and Buccaneers. Some scouts reportedly believe Hooker could end up starting as a rookie
He probably could start as a rookie but the injury puts him back a bit

Tennessee QB Hendon Hooker is scheduled to meet with the Commanders and Titans.

Hooker, who met with the Saints two weeks ago, is set to sit down with a Washington team seeking a long-term answer at quarterback and a Titans team that might be ready to move on from Ryan Tannehill. Sam Howell is well positioned to start the season as the team's starting QB, though head coach Ron Rivera has made it crystal clear that Howell will not be handed the job. Hooker, coming off an ACL tear late in the 2022 season, is an older rookie at 25, but could go in the back half of the first round if a team is confident in his recovery. Before the ACL injury, Hooker was on his way to being a locked-in first rounder. The Titans pick 11th in the first round of the 2023 draft and Washington picks 16th.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ben Standig on Twitter
Apr 4, 2023 at 12:46 PM ET

Tennessee QB Hendon Hooker is scheduled to meet with the Commanders and Titans.

Hooker, who met with the Saints two weeks ago, is set to sit down with a Washington team seeking a long-term answer at quarterback and a Titans team that might be ready to move on from Ryan Tannehill. Sam Howell is well positioned to start the season as the team's starting QB, though head coach Ron Rivera has made it crystal clear that Howell will not be handed the job. Hooker, coming off an ACL tear late in the 2022 season, is an older rookie at 25, but could go in the back half of the first round if a team is confident in his recovery. Before the ACL injury, Hooker was on his way to being a locked-in first rounder. The Titans pick 11th in the first round of the 2023 draft and Washington picks 16th.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ben Standig on Twitter
Apr 4, 2023 at 12:46 PM ET
I’m trying not to get excited about a Hooker in Nashville.

Users who are viewing this thread