What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Justin Fields, PIT (3 Viewers)

it has to be a record for Fields to throw for only 123 yards while scoring that many points. You guys can chase the points, but eventually coaches with will figure it out. He has been good for FF but the Bears are still 3-6.

it has to be a record for Fields to throw for only 123 yards while scoring that many points. You guys can chase the points, but eventually coaches with will figure it out. He has been good for FF but the Bears are still 3-6.
Obviously since it was a record setting day it was an anomaly- but he’s strung together multiple solid weeks in a row now. He’s actually shown a lot of improvement as a passer as this season has progressed and sure he still has some way to go. Him looking to, and the staff letting him, run loose was just what he needed though. Why limit one of the things that makes him dangerous to a defense?

the goal for this year is to see if he can develop. They will rebuild the defense in the draft. He’s in the perfect scenario for a fantasy owner, chasing points.

The opposing coaches “figuring out” how to stop running QBs, never really seems to happen, until they get old and beat up. The successful ones also need to learn to move the ball in the air as well of course but the “legs” guys are consistent runners from season to season.

5 straight weeks.

I have to assume this is some quirky trolling schtick.
Nope. Just the numbers. You know what they say when you assume.
I mean, I read your post, so it’s not really an assumption. More deductive reasoning tbh.

The opposing coaches “figuring out” how to stop running QBs, never really seems to happen, until they get old and beat up. The successful ones also need to learn to move the ball in the air as well of course but the “legs” guys are consistent runners from season to season.
Plus DCs need to pick their poison. All 3 of the PaTD were the result of defenses keying in to try to prevent the run. Leaves receivers running free - can’t bring the safeties up to the line and also drop them back. Something has to give, and that something’s names were Knet & Mooney.

It's a fantasy forum. We're talking about fantasy performances, not wins and losses.
lol right?! They could lose every game and I’d be going “wooooo! Fields scored 62!”

Fantasy Football Six Pack: JuJu Smith-Schuster has joined some elite company

Excerpt:

408 – Justin Fields has rushed for 408 yards over his last four games, the fourth-highest total in the league regardless of position. He hasn't rushed for fewer than 60 yards in any of those four games; he's now on pace to run for over 1,100 yards for the year. There is a very good chance both Fields and Lamar Jackson are going to finish top-10 in rushing this season, which is just outrageous. Fields faces Detroit and Atlanta over the next two weeks, so his fantasy binge isn't about to end.

Yes but he's improving and that last last loss had nothing to do with him. Even on the last drive, he did his part but was let down by the refs and his receiver dropping the ball on 4th down.

It's a fantasy forum. We're talking about fantasy performances, not wins and losses.
...and I would add "who else ya got"? It's not like there are multiple QBs lighting it up in fantasy this year to choose from.

Fields worth an early to mid 2nd to cover Josh Allen in case longer term than they letting on?

1QB league…

Last edited:
Real nice to have been able to just pick up the #1 scoring QB mid year for free off of waivers.
Proof why you always work the WW.
Yep, got a little lucky as in both leagues I had gone with a wait and take 2 QB approach and when Fields started showing signs of life lined up with when I was ready to throw in the towel on Carr and Russell Wilson.
I got blocked on him. The Tua guy has Fields. That’s how it’s done.

How concerned should one be about Fields passing. Career less than 60%. Given decent o line and WR you think he takes next step? Can he be a league average passer?

Justin Fields completed 12-of-20 attempts for 167 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception, adding 13 carries for 147 yards and two touchdowns in the Bears' 31-30, Week 10 loss to the Lions.​

Fields' mobility was something to behold. On multiple occasions, he bounced off defenders who would have had him for a sack, including on his first rushing TD of the day. Fields followed up that score with a 67-yard rushing score on which he outran the entire Lions' defense. Fields showed a strong connection with Cole Kmet, whom he hit for 6-yard and 50-yard TDs. However, Field made a very poor decision on an interception that was returned for a TD by Jeff Okudah. It's a reminder that Fields still has some developing to do as an NFL passer, but the second-year quarterback will be an easy QB1 start against a porous Falcons secondary in Week 11.
Nov 13, 2022, 4:29 PM ET

It's been my greatest joy this year listening to league mates try to explain after every game the last 5 weeks why JF is "not an advanced passer"....COMPLETELY motivated by the fact they didn't pick him up free week 5 :ROFLMAO:

I loathe Nagy and give him a complete bye for year 1. So by my judgement JF passing progression trajectory looks great. Imagine being comfortable in an offense and maybe having some protection next year with a couple quality receivers. I think a Jalen Hurts trajectory is a very fair comparison.

Should end up as best QB of his class, TLaw only other one in conversation.

Hmm. Somebody around here claimed this would be the case prior to that draft and laughed out loud at the idea that both the Jets and Niners would pass on Fields. Imagine Fields on the Niners right now, lol.

@SheilKapadia

Highest regular season, single-game rushing totals by a QB in the last 20 years: 1. Justin Fields last week 2. Mike Vick (2006, Wk 12) 3. Lamar Jackson (2019, Wk 6) 4. Colin Kaepernick (2014, Wk 16) 5. Justin Fields this week

Grabbed him last week , i had the 4 WW and nobody took him before me . Thats insane

I also grabbed Tua just before he came off IR

Im trying to move Tua for someone decent but honestly i wont be heartbroken if i cant, hes a great back up
Fields rushing TD yesterday when he looked like he was surrounded and sacked , then got away and barreled into 2 defenders to score ....all i can say is WOW.

He does make me a bit nervous , thats a recipe for injury , hence keeping Tua around

Users who are viewing this thread