What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Sam Darnold, MIN (1 Viewer)

As soon as this BS news came out I said he would be back immediately after the bye week ...

What do you know? despite the unpredictable nature of mono  he right on track to return after the bye week ... in other words this was coordinated 
After one week?

He looked great during the last four weeks of last season and this preseason but they made up that he had mono just to sit him in Week 2 in a winnable game for Trevor Siemian. If you truly believe this you have some issues.

He's the one claiming he'll be ready by Week 5, so we'll see. If he is, he is. You have zero credibility on this.
The dumbest thing about his theory is that if they really wanted to use a fake injury to bench him, they would have A) picked an illness that didn't embarrass both the franchise and the player, and B) picked a vague injury that could be quickly dismissed in the event that Siemian and Falk both got injured.

The dumbest thing about his theory is that if they really wanted to use a fake injury to bench him, they would have A) picked an illness that didn't embarrass both the franchise and the player, and B) picked a vague injury that could be quickly dismissed in the event that Siemian and Falk both got injured.
You're making too much sense. You forget the forces of...

them 

Last edited by a moderator:
After one week?

He looked great during the last four weeks of last season and this preseason but they made up that he had mono just to sit him in Week 2 in a winnable game for Trevor Siemian. If you truly believe this you have some issues.

He's the one claiming he'll be ready by Week 5, so we'll see. If he is, he is. You have zero credibility on this.
I imagine they were unhappy with him and it carried over from preseason.

CLE wasn't a winnable game and this isnt about winning it's about protecting Darnold and the organization from criticism. He's not we thought and they are buying time 

After one week?

CLE wasn't a winnable game and this isnt about winning it's about protecting Darnold and the organization from criticism. He's not we thought and they are buying time 
You really think the Jets organization isn't being criticized for having a player get mono? :lol:

Mono is actually the perfect illness ... No noticeable symptoms,  wide ranging severity, adjustable time frame and he can attend every practice 

"Hey, we need to find a way to protect the organization from being criticized. Wait, I've got it! We'll fake an injury that turns us into the butt of late-night jokes, then we'll send out a terrible quarterback to lose a game against the juggernaut Browns! THAT will stop people from making fun of the New York Jets once and for all!!"

:lmao:

Mono is actually the perfect illness ... No noticeable symptoms,  wide ranging severity, adjustable time frame and he can attend every practice 
Mono does not have an adjustable timeframe. No player is coming back from mono for a minimum of 3 weeks. That's exactly why your theory is so dumb. If they had picked "sprained ankle" or something similar, then they would have been able to quickly bring Darnold back in the event that both Siemian and Falk went down in the Cleveland game.

When Darnold does not play in Week 5, please delete your account.

Stop while you’re way behind. Nothing you say makes any sense at all. Hopefully you’re just trolling because if you’re serious...

Last Year Darnold went through an absolutely horrific stretch ... embarrassingly bad games 7-9 an unheard of 43 QB rating culminating in a 0 TD 4 INT game against the vaunted Miami Dolphins

He completed that game with no physical issue but Lo and behold developed "a foot injury" in practice the next week..."insert LOL" oh and just in time for his bye week and just in time to avoid the Patriots which he coincidentally will do again this year "insert LOL"

Last Year Darnold went through an absolutely horrific stretch ... embarrassingly bad games 7-9 an unheard of 43 QB rating culminating in a 0 TD 4 INT game against the vaunted Miami Dolphins

He completed that game with no physical issue but Lo and behold developed "a foot injury" in practice the next week..."insert LOL" oh and just in time for his bye week and just in time to avoid the Patriots which he coincidentally will do again this year "insert LOL"
If your theory had any merit, they would have given him a "foot injury" again, rather than a communicable disease that no quarterback has ever recovered from in less than 4 weeks.

I was going to reply but then I remembered that I usually don't engage with crazy homeless people on the streets of NYC for a reason, so I'll just do the same here. He can mumble his incoherent nonsensical ramblings to himself.
I wouldn't get worked up. This is has sort of not affected me in the least other than to calmly wonder what's wrong with some people. 

Jets coach Adam Gase said, "Everything looks like it's trending in the direction," for Sam Darnold (mono) to play Week 5.

Gase wouldn't confirm that Darnold will be able to play, but he's at least healthy enough to begin doing cardio. Darnold appears to have a real shot to suit up for the Jets' Week 5 matchup against the Eagles with a full bye week to get healthy. The offense hasn't scored a touchdown in two games with Trevor Siemian and Luke Falk under center.

SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter.

Sep 23, 2019, 2:45 PM ET

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Sam Darnold (mono) is "not a lock" to return in Week 5.

Darnold hasn't done much since his mono diagnosis as his rehab has largely consisted of walking and riding the stationary bike. If his spleen isn't enlarged, Darnold will be allowed to resume practicing this week, though the second-year signal-caller will still have some "hurdles to clear." While the Jets are "hopeful" to have Darnold back after their bye, his availability for Week 5 at Philadelphia is far from a sure thing. Luke Falk would draw the start if Darnold needs another week.

SOURCE: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

Sep 29, 2019, 10:47 AM ET

He's not gonna play. And it looks like Mosley won't either.

The season is over, so there's no point rushing either one back

He's not gonna play. And it looks like Mosley won't either.

The season is over, so there's no point rushing either one back
exactly... imagine being a defender that sacks darnold and he puckers his lips and kisses you?

out 4-8 weeks, instantly

For week 5?  Sounded like the Jets and Darnold were frustrated that more progress wasn’t made.
I didn't catch that frustration. Didn't think he would be back for week 5. Point was I don't care that he's cleared for non-contact drills like throwing. What matters is that he's cleared for contact drills -- full practice, hitting, full-speed, full contact. You know, all that body-to-body and lip-to-lip contact clearance.

Wake me when he gets that clearance, and I'm aboard. 

Sam Darnold (mono) will practice Wednesday.

It outs Darnold on track to return this week against the Eagles. Despite the Eagles being favored by 13.5 points, this is a good spot for Darnold and the passing offense after Philly was lit on fire by Aaron Rodgers last week. The Eagles are 23rd in pass-defense DVOA. Robby Anderson has an intriguing matchup outside.

SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter

Oct 2, 2019, 11:05 AM ET

Updating a previous item, Sam Darnold (mono) has yet to be cleared for contact.

Darnold participated in practice Wednesday, but he's yet to start lifting weights. There's a good chance he's dropped significant weight while out sick. His spleen also remains an issue if he takes a big hit. Coach Adam Gase admitted it's not ideal, but this thing could go all the way to Sunday. Darnold and Luke Falk are sharing first-team reps as both prepare to start against the Eagles. Overall, this is probably a situation to avoid for now.

Oct 2, 2019, 11:55 AM ET

Sam Darnold (mono) remains unsure of his Week 5 status.

If Darnold starts against the Eagles, he will be wearing "custom-made padding to guard his spleen." An enlarged spleen that can potentially rupture is one of the risks with mono. "Football is a crazy game, but I want to make sure I’m safe," Darnold said, before adding he doesn't want to "die." Darnold does not sound like someone who should be starting a game of NFL football this weekend. We should know by Friday.

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Oct 3, 2019, 3:30 PM ET

Sam Darnold (mono) is out for Week 5 against the Eagles.

The Jets were hoping to have Darnold back after their Week 4 bye, but unfortunately he's not as far as along as the team had hoped. Darnold got some light practice work in this week but he still hasn't been cleared for contact. While the mono has mostly subsided, Darnold lost significant weight during his illness and is also at risk of injuring his spleen if he takes a big hit. The Eagles defense should be an appealing streamer against Luke Falk, who struggled mightily in his starting debut against the Patriots in Week 3 (98 yards, one interception on 12-for-22 passing).

RELATED: 

Luke Falk

SOURCE: New York Jets on Twitter

Oct 4, 2019, 10:49 AM ET

Sam Darnold will start in Week 6 against the Cowboys.

Darnold's first-team reps won't be all for naught this week as he was officially cleared by doctors. The Jets have been nothing short of disastrous without the 22-year-old under center, only ending their 39 scoreless-possessions streak once the Eagles muffed a punt return and fumbled inside their own 20 on Sunday. New York's 3.8 YPA in Luke Falk's three starts unsurprisingly ranked stone last by a full yard. Jury's out on Darnold's physical limitations in his first game back from mono, but he at the very least instills life (and hope) into Robby Anderson's and Jamison Crowder's fantasy outlooks moving forward. Consider Darnold himself a middle-of-the-road QB2 in this matchup against the Cowboys.

Joe Summer said:
I predict that he doesn't finish the game.
If he has a couple of turnovers and poor decisions I guarantee you the team trainer will find some swelling in his spleen or elsewhere

If he has a couple of turnovers and poor decisions I guarantee you the team trainer will find some swelling in his spleen or elsewhere
You're the guy who said he didn't have mono, that he'd play last week, and that he wouldn't play this week.

You're really, really bad at this.

You're the guy who said he didn't have mono, that he'd play last week, and that he wouldn't play this week.

You're really, really bad at this.
Never said he wouldn’t play this week? Get it right or shut it.

Mono is a generic diagnosis when someone feels sluggish and the Drs can’t find a problem. Well .... must be mono.

or maybe he just sux

Has there ever been a dumber proposition put forth on this board? I mean there probably has but this “theory” has to be at worst top 3 right?

Users who are viewing this thread