What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Trey Lance, DAL (1 Viewer)

No one thought this was a terrible move when they drafted him.
That is just outright false.
Yeah, as big of a 49er fan as I am, I wanted to be optimistic about the initial trade but couldn’t understand giving up that draft capital to move up to #3 overall when Lawrence was the only QB worth making that kind of move for and he was obviously going to go #1 overall.

I think Lynch (Peters) is a good GM but as stated in an earlier post, I think he’s overly emotional at times. I think he saw Lance and was impressed enough to think he would go top 5 and made a move he didn’t have to make. He was the same with Solomon Thomas in 2017. I remember on draft day after they made the trade to move from #2 to #3 with the Bears, they showed him and his guys waiting for the Bears to make their pick and he thought the Bears might take Thomas. I was hoping the Bears would take Thomas so that the 49ers couldn’t but knew Chicago traded up for Trubisky or one of the other QBs. He had it in his mind that Thomas was going to be great and he was in the minority there. Same thing with Lance I think.

Yeah, as big of a 49er fan as I am, I wanted to be optimistic about the initial trade but couldn’t understand giving up that draft capital to move up to #3 overall when Lawrence was the only QB worth making that kind of move for and he was obviously going to go #1 overall.

I think Lynch (Peters) is a good GM but as stated in an earlier post, I think he’s overly emotional at times. I think he saw Lance and was impressed enough to think he would go top 5 and made a move he didn’t have to make. He was the same with Solomon Thomas in 2017. I remember on draft day after they made the trade to move from #2 to #3 with the Bears, they showed him and his guys waiting for the Bears to make their pick and he thought the Bears might take Thomas. I was hoping the Bears would take Thomas so that the 49ers couldn’t but knew Chicago traded up for Trubisky or one of the other QBs. He had it in his mind that Thomas was going to be great and he was in the minority there. Same thing with Lance I think.
Thomas was not a perfect prospect but he was highly rated by everyone and almost no one killed the pick at the time. He was #4 on Kiper's big board, for example. The evaluations on the 2021 QBs were all over the place outside of Lawrence.

Do you have the commentary to back that up? I don't recall seeing a single article or report that the pick was a terrible mistake in the months after he was drafted, probably not until after he sustained the injury last year.
Not my post, but here was one

“San Francisco 49ers: C
Best pick: Second-round pick Aaron Banks was one of my favorite lineman in this draft. He is a big, power player who will help this offense and especially the running game.

Worst pick: It's not the player, but the move. Trading two future first-round picks to land Trey Lance with the third pick is too pricey for my blood. He better be special.

The skinny: This draft is all about the move up to take Lance. If he's a star, which the 49ers have to think will be true, it's a big hit. If not, it will be a major fail. I do like Banks, and third-round running back Trey Sermon will help. I just think they gave up too much for Lance. ”

Thomas was not a perfect prospect but he was highly rated by everyone and almost no one killed the pick at the time. He was #4 on Kiper's big board, for example. The evaluations on the 2021 QBs were all over the place outside of Lawrence.
Man, I thought it was a huge reach for a tweener. Just didn't see anything special about him.

I thought a team drafting 3rd overall and who didn't have a QB should have been looking at QB because you hopefully don't get that many opportunities to draft that high. I was hoping they grabbed Watson. Obviously they missed the boat on Mahomes but Andy Reid and company didn't and moved up from the 20s to #10 to grab him.

Lynch on the situation:

"I can tell you that Trey handled it incredibly well, with class. He was devastated, and rightly so. When you put your heart and soul into something, and it doesn't come to fruition, you're going to be devastated, and that's the type of competitor he is."

"But we're in a good place. He'll be back in the building today, and we're moving forward."

"They (Shanahan and Lance) had a really good talk," Lynch shared. "It wasn't negative at all. ... It was a gut punch for Trey. He had really gone for this thing and felt like he was playing well, which he was. And so I think it was a mutual decision just to go home and take some time.

"... Trey, with getting that news, we decided it was best for him just to stay home for the day. He'll be back here today, and everybody's in a good place. And Trey's a pro, and so, like he's done every day that he's ever been here, he's going to do his best to be at his best at all times and to make his teammates better, and we're confident with that, and Trey's in a good place there."

Will Lance be on the 49ers' roster come Week 1 against the Pittsburgh Steelers?

"I think that's the most likely option," Lynch responded. "As I said, we're very happy with Trey. That's probably the most likely option, is that he's here. If we could find a landing spot for Trey, that is a really good one for him and works for our organization, that's not something we turn a blind eye to."

Man, I thought it was a huge reach for a tweener. Just didn't see anything special about him.

I thought a team drafting 3rd overall and who didn't have a QB should have been looking at QB because you hopefully don't get that many opportunities to draft that high. I was hoping they grabbed Watson. Obviously they missed the boat on Mahomes but Andy Reid and company didn't and moved up from the 20s to #10 to grab him.
They were so confident in Kirk Cousins's ability and willingness to come to SF that they weren't even thinking about QBs in the draft. Totally nuts. In their defense, I guess, both Lynch and Shanahan were brand new at this at the time.

Do you have the commentary to back that up? I don't recall seeing a single article or report that the pick w

Lance would scare the bejesus out of me.

51:50 here they talk about Lance and give some great stats. https://www.theringer.com/2021/4/21/22395141/the-nfl-draft-take-purge

27 starts ever. High school/college combined. Thats a concern

Run heavy offense in high school only 113 total passes in high school. 53% completion Thats a concern

319 pass attempts in college. Thats a concern

Add all of that up and Lance is way behind the 8 ball and its going to take a long long time to get him up to speed.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I haven't seen this discussed on this page at least. I believe this is what PFF had to say about Lance.

"Over the past two seasons, he ranks dead last in percentage of accurate throws beyond the line of scrimmage (44.1%) among the quarterbacks on this list. Not only is that the lowest mark, but it's the worst by a country mile — 7.5 percentage points. Comparing that to all first-round quarterbacks since 2017, it'd still rank last by a comfortable margin. And Lance did this by throwing to a tight or closing window at the lowest rate among that group."

Anarchy99 said:
I haven't read the whole thread, but I haven't seen this discussed on this page at least. I believe this is what PFF had to say about Lance.
He scares the crap out of me. I think teams know and see this and he falls on Thursday

i legitimately don't get it

Maroki - these posts are all from 1.5 pages of this thread alone.

Do you have the commentary to back that up? I don't recall seeing a single article or report that the pick w

51:50 here they talk about Lance and give some great stats. https://www.theringer.com/2021/4/21/22395141/the-nfl-draft-take-purge

Run heavy offense in high school only 113 total passes in high school. 53% completion Thats a concern

Add all of that up and Lance is way behind the 8 ball and its going to take a long long time to get him up to speed.

"Over the past two seasons, he ranks dead last in percentage of accurate throws beyond the line of scrimmage (44.1%) among the quarterbacks on this list. Not only is that the lowest mark, but it's the worst by a country mile — 7.5 percentage points. Comparing that to all first-round quarterbacks since 2017, it'd still rank last by a comfortable margin. And Lance did this by throwing to a tight or closing window at the lowest rate among that group."

Anarchy99 said:
He scares the crap out of me. I think teams know and see this and he falls on Thursday

And all pre-draft?

I don't think they say anything that wasn't already known or agreed, he needed time to develop into a starter. I went looking for mainstream media articles and found a couple but the general narrative was that Lance had a ceiling outcome that justified the risk which was acknowledged by everyone.

With hindsight you can label the pick a mistake, at the time no one really did.

They were so confident in Kirk Cousins's ability and willingness to come to SF that they weren't even thinking about QBs in the draft. Totally nuts. In their defense, I guess, both Lynch and Shanahan were brand new at this at the time.
True. Kind of forgot about Cousins

That draft started out so well too. They got 2 3rds and a 4th from the Bears to move down one spot and the Bears were obviously taking a player SF didn't want anyway. Draft went to a total shiot show after that. Thankfully they grabbed Kittle in the 5th. I was OK with the Foster pick due to his talent but injury and bad decision making killed that.

Anarchy99 said:

And all pre-draft?

I don't think they say anything that wasn't already known or agreed, he needed time to develop into a starter. I went looking for mainstream media articles and found a couple but the general narrative was that Lance had a ceiling outcome that justified the risk which was acknowledged by everyone.

I mean I just showed you like 4-5 posts where people said they were nervous about him. There are dozens more. All pre-draft and in this thread.

Anarchy99 said:

And all pre-draft?

This thread here.

Dumped on him haaaaaaard. and honestly, all it took was watching his INSANELY limited, 3rd rate (division) tape. looking at his stats. or seeing a game or two.
journos don't wanna be the shmuck left out... if they had an original thought, theyd have dumped on him too. this guy was a 3rd-4th round qb

Anarchy99 said:

And all pre-draft?

Many of us thought they would have been better off drafting Jones and not moving up to 3.
Then a pro team with an otherwise good staff made the move. Many of us still thought it was a mistake but figured the 49ers were better at talent assessment and development than we are and gave deference. 🤷
I do think the 49ers win the Super Bowl in the universe where they stayed where they were and drafted Mac.

"I do think the 49ers win the Super Bowl in the universe where they stayed where they were and drafted Mac."

I find this comment interesting, because here in NE, the consensus is that no way, no how is Mac a good enough QB to get to the Super Bowl. Maybe that's a commentary on the state of the Patriots, but there aren't many Jones supporters, and the naysayers tend to say he just isn't "that guy," even if his weapons aren't that great. Lots of folks are already looking to move on and continue the search for another QB. There are other reasons why NE was a mess last year, but that may have exposed other faults with Jones that resulted in detractors piling on.

Anarchy99 said:

And all pre-draft?

Many of us thought they would have been better off drafting Jones and not moving up to 3.
Then a pro team with an otherwise good staff made the move. Many of us still thought it was a mistake but figured the 49ers were better at talent assessment and development than we are and gave deference. 🤷
I do think the 49ers win the Super Bowl in the universe where they stayed where they were and drafted Mac.
I think that's a pretty wild evaluation of Mac.

"I do think the 49ers win the Super Bowl in the universe where they stayed where they were and drafted Mac."

I find this comment interesting, because here in NE, the consensus is that no way, no how is Mac a good enough QB to get to the Super Bowl. Maybe that's a commentary on the state of the Patriots, but there aren't many Jones supporters, and the naysayers tend to say he just isn't "that guy," even if his weapons aren't that great. Lots of folks are already looking to move on and continue the search for another QB. There are other reasons why NE was a mess last year, but that may have exposed other faults with Jones that resulted in detractors piling on.
I think Jones is a great example of how important landing spot is for QB development. McDaniels made it look like the Patriots may have found a decade long QB solution, Patricia made him look like a dumpster fire.

I think if Brock Purdy can do what he is doing in SF, it is fair to suggest a smart QB like Jones would also thrive in SF.

Sorry but, ATM, the Patriots look like they are running an archaic franchise on offense. Maybe O'Brien changes that even if his resume doesn't suggest "offensive innovator".

I do not share the opinion of the bolded.

I wanted Fields. I thought he had experience, athleticism, and would be a good fit for the 49ers complex offense. If they'd taken Fields I could see them winning at least 1 SB in the last few years.

Let's face it - this is going to be a subject that gets dissected until the end of times, or they make a 30 for 30 about the decision to take Lance with insiders spilling the beans - whichever comes 1st.

I think Jones is a great example of how important landing spot is for QB development. McDaniels made it look like the Patriots may have found a decade long QB solution, Patricia made him look like a dumpster fire.

I think if Brock Purdy can do what he is doing in SF, it is fair to suggest a smart QB like Jones would also thrive in SF.

Sorry but, ATM, the Patriots look like they are running an archaic franchise on offense. Maybe O'Brien changes that even if his resume doesn't suggest "offensive innovator".
The short answer is, we'll have to see what happens this year with BOB. His resume did include the dual TE Gronk / Hernandez concept when he was in NE initially (which clearly was effective). They went 37-11 in his 3 years running the offense (going to one SB) and scored 500+ points in back-to-back seasons. (I AM NOT suggesting they will return to that level . . . no Brady, no Gronk, no Welker, no Moss, etc.)

The long answer is folks that cover the team think this training camp has been in line with the camps when Brady was there. Other than OL injury issues, things have been run like a well-oiled machine. Guys are buying in, there's much less sniping and complaining, the pace of practice and the speed in which they execute plays is entirely different, etc. That probably gets the offense back to 2021 levels . . . but NE has a tough schedule. They face a cadre of tough QBs (Allen x 2, Rodgers x2, Tua x 2, Mahomes, Hurts, Herbert, Prescott, Wilson and also Carr, Jimmy G, and Jones. The offense could look a lot better, Jones could make significant strides, and the team could still have a losing record.

What if Mac was the QB for any of these teams?

2000 Baltimore Ravens (replaces QB Trent Dilfer)
1985 Chicago Bears
A team comprised of mini Ditkas

If they'd taken Fields I could see them winning at least 1 SB in the last few years.
Not sure I'm buying Fields has shown nearly enough as a passer to support this claim.
In defense of Fields, he hasn't exactly had a lot of support to work with. The OL has been anywhere from a big problem to consistently inconsistent, and other than Mooney, his targets have been a banged up Allen Robinson, Marquise Goodwin, Damiere Byrd, Jakeem Grant, Dante Pettis, Equanimeous Brown, Velus Jones, N'Keal Harry, and Chase Claypool (who did about as little as possible since coming over from PIT). None of those names strike even a modicum of fear in opponents.

If they'd taken Fields I could see them winning at least 1 SB in the last few years.
Not sure I'm buying Fields has shown nearly enough as a passer to support this claim.
In defense of Fields, he hasn't exactly had a lot of support to work with. The OL has been anywhere from a big problem to consistently inconsistent, and other than Mooney, his targets have been a banged up Allen Robinson, Marquise Goodwin, Damiere Byrd, Jakeem Grant, Dante Pettis, Equanimeous Brown, Velus Jones, N'Keal Harry, and Chase Claypool (who did about as little as possible since coming over from PIT). None of those names strike even a modicum of fear in opponents.
Yep - said exactly this above. Good point about the OL also.

Mac is a QB who doesn't elevate the players around him but has shown his performance can be elevated if the talent is there. We saw it at Alabama. Put him in a position to succeed and he will. The Patriots have failed to do that thus far, surrounding him with middling talent and pulling the rug from under him with their coaching decisions last season. I've said it before I don't think he's an amazing QB but I think he'd thrive in San Francisco's offense.

Mac is a QB who doesn't elevate the players around him but has shown his performance can be elevated if the talent is there. We saw it at Alabama. Put him in a position to succeed and he will. The Patriots have failed to do that thus far, surrounding him with middling talent and pulling the rug from under him with their coaching decisions last season. I've said it before I don't think he's an amazing QB but I think he'd thrive in San Francisco's offense.
We shall see. Of the last 20 QBs in the SB, 17 were HOFers / legit MVP candidates / All Pro QBs. Yeah, SF got there with Jimmy G, but in the main it almost always takes an elite QB or one that put up really big numbers to get there. Not sure that Jones, Lance, or Fields would have been able to have huge seasons (and I am not sold on Purdy yet either). But that's why they play the games.

We shall see. Of the last 20 QBs in the SB, 17 were HOFers / legit MVP candidates / All Pro QBs. Yeah, SF got there with Jimmy G, but in the main it almost always takes an elite QB or one that put up really big numbers to get there. Not sure that Jones, Lance, or Fields would have been able to have huge seasons (and I am not sold on Purdy yet either). But that's why they play the games.
Had Purdy not been injured in Philly, there’s a fair chance he could’ve been the first rookie starting QB in Super Bowl history. Imagine Mac in that spot, a QB with a better pedigree who also excels with accuracy. He did pretty well his own rookie year with Jakobi Meyers and Kendrick Bourne as his main targets. Now imagine him in Shanahan’s offense. There’s no guarantees but I feel strongly Mac would’ve had a much better first two NFL seasons if Shanny stuck to his guns and took him instead of pivoting to Lance.

the consensus is that no way, no how is Mac a good enough QB to get to the Super Bowl

the naysayers tend to say he just isn't "that guy"

Meh, Jimmy G, Colin Kaepernick, and (probably) Brock Purdy aren't "that guy" either, but all three were very close to and easily could have won Super Bowls with the 49ers in the last decade. SF is the kind of team that doesn't need "that guy" at QB to get to the Super Bowl, they probably just need a warm body that doesn't make huge mistakes to lose them games. Mac Jones could easily fit that role imo.

Had Purdy not been injured in Philly, there’s a fair chance he could’ve been the first rookie starting QB in Super Bowl history. Imagine Mac in that spot, a QB with a better pedigree who also excels with accuracy. He did pretty well his own rookie year with Jakobi Meyers and Kendrick Bourne as his main targets. Now imagine him in Shanahan’s offense. There’s no guarantees but I feel strongly Mac would’ve had a much better first two NFL seasons if Shanny stuck to his guns and took him instead of pivoting to Lance.
It's a completely different topic, but while Shanny might be a great offensive mind, he's had mixed results in the playoffs. No playoff appearances in HOU or CLE and only one playoff loss in WAS. He was part of the epic loss to NE in the SB and lost another SB with a 10-point lead with SF. He had two other NGCC game losses with the Niners. Maybe his fortunes would have changed if he had an elite QB . . . we'll never know for the team's he coached so far.

the consensus is that no way, no how is Mac a good enough QB to get to the Super Bowl

the naysayers tend to say he just isn't "that guy"

Meh, Jimmy G, Colin Kaepernick, and (probably) Brock Purdy aren't "that guy" either, but all three were very close to and easily could have won Super Bowls with the 49ers in the last decade. SF is the kind of team that doesn't need "that guy" at QB to get to the Super Bowl, they probably just need a warm body that doesn't make huge mistakes to lose them games. Mac Jones could easily fit that role imo.
Since 2011, the Niners have advanced to and lost in 2 SBs and been to and lost other NFCCGs. Maybe they needed an elite QB to advance even further.

It's a completely different topic, but while Shanny might be a great offensive mind, he's had mixed results in the playoffs. No playoff appearances in HOU or CLE and only one playoff loss in WAS. He was part of the epic loss to NE in the SB and lost another SB with a 10-point lead with SF. He had two other NGCC game losses with the Niners. Maybe his fortunes would have changed if he had an elite QB . . . we'll never know for the team's he coached so far.
He's 6-3 in the playoffs and has been to the super bowl as a head coach all with league average QB play. His playoff resume is just fine.

He's 6-3 in the playoffs and has been to the super bowl as a head coach all with league average QB play. His playoff resume is just fine.

He also built this roster, he was just a coordinator in those other places. QB is the only thing they haven't been able to get right.

Also, IIRC, Atlanta defense gave up a HUGE lead in that SB, maybe go talk to the DC on that one. :lol:

Agree. If Jimmy doesn't melt down in the 4th quarter against the Chiefs (2.4 QBR), they win that game. Maybe part of it was a result of the two hits to the head he took, but when you watch the last couple drives where basically a couple first downs ice the game, something was off. He was missing open players on really well designed plays where Kittle and Deebo were running open for easy pitch and catch plays.

Tartt drops an easy pick in the 4th quarter of the NFC championship game against the Rams that easily could have iced the game and then the Rams score the go ahead TD. Still can't believe he dropped that.

Also, Shanahan wasn't the head coach in the super bowl meltdown against NE yet people lay most of the blame on him. Never understood that.

Guy is a great coach. Only in year 7 as a head coach. His time will come.

He also built this roster, he was just a coordinator in those other places. QB is the only thing they haven't been able to get right.

Also, IIRC, Atlanta defense gave up a HUGE lead in that SB, maybe go talk to the DC on that one. :lol:
Or maybe the head coach? Quinn was a defensive guy.

Kind of like Greg Roman taking all the crap for the fades against Baltimore at the end of that super bowl. Maybe Harbaugh should have stepped in and had them pound Frank Gore when Baltimore was missing their best run stopping D-lineman or let Kaepernick run a pass option.

SF, almost everywhere but QB >>> NE right now. Mac is, IMO anyway, better than Purdy. He would run that offense very well.

I think that's a pretty wild evaluation of Mac.
🤷 maybe. Granted his team in college was a world ahead of most, but he showed what SF would need from him.
wanted Fields. I thought he had experience, athleticism, and would be a good fit for the 49ers complex offense. If they'd taken Fields I could see them winning at least 1 SB in the last few years.
Sure, I agree Fields is probably the better QB but in that universe he still went 11 while SF sat at 12.

Considering how well the niners look with Purdy at the helm I can definitely see a Mac Jones comparison there. I think Shanny wanted Mac and once the move up happenned and the backlash of "you guys did that for MAC JONES????" started it caused them to reconsider for teh "dual threat QB' when none of Shannys QBs (not named Elway) succeeded as a dual threat. I'd argue that dual threat QBs (and regular QBs for that matter) are set up to get killed in Shanny style offenses.

Edit I am including both Shannys in this post. Father and son.

What is Lance's current value in start 1qb dynasty and dynasty SF? A 4th rd rookie pick in start 1 qb dynasty and 3rd rd rookie pick in SF? Is he waiver wire material in start 1QB leagues?

Kind of like Greg Roman taking all the crap for the fades against Baltimore at the end of that super bowl. Maybe Harbaugh should have stepped in and had them pound Frank Gore when Baltimore was missing their best run stopping D-lineman or let Kaepernick run a pass option.
There was plenty of fault to go around in the Falcons SB loss. Shanny had his chances to win the game by literally doing nothing and running the ball. But he didn't.

DRIVE #1: he tried passing the ball instead of running time off the clock, lost yardage on a penalty, knocked themselves out of FG range, and even called a timeout to stop the clock. They started out in FG position, hardly used any clock, and ended up having to punt. DRIVE #2: They ended up calling a passing play that resulted in a strip sack (and gave the ball to NE inside the ATL 30) when they could have burned time off the clock instead. DRIVE #3: They were at the NE 20-yard line . . . and AGAIN tried passing, netting another sack that knocked them out of FG range. Not to be outdone, they passed again and got another holding flag, then threw an incomplete pass and had to punt. All of that took very little time off the clock. They had THREE DRIVES to either shave one more minute off the clock OR kick a FG. They accomplished neither of those. Had they done either, the game would have been over in regulation with ATL winning.

All the other things are also true (the defense and the HC also did their collective parts in losing), but Shanahan played a big role in it.

There was plenty of fault to go around in the Falcons SB loss. Shanny had his chances to win the game by literally doing nothing and running the ball. But he didn't.

DRIVE #1: he tried passing the ball instead of running time off the clock, lost yardage on a penalty, knocked themselves out of FG range, and even called a timeout to stop the clock. They started out in FG position, hardly used any clock, and ended up having to punt. DRIVE #2: They ended up calling a passing play that resulted in a strip sack (and gave the ball to NE inside the ATL 30) when they could have burned time off the clock instead. DRIVE #3: They were at the NE 20-yard line . . . and AGAIN tried passing, netting another sack that knocked them out of FG range. Not to be outdone, they passed again and got another holding flag, then threw an incomplete pass and had to punt. All of that took very little time off the clock. They had THREE DRIVES to either shave one more minute off the clock OR kick a FG. They accomplished neither of those. Had they done either, the game would have been over in regulation with ATL winning.

All the other things are also true (the defense and the HC also did their collective parts in losing), but Shanahan played a big role in it.
OK, but Matt Ryan should have never taken that sack. It's up to the players to execute too. Freeman missed a blitz pickup that led to a turnover. Seemed the Atlanta players thought the game was over at halftime and relaxed and then couldn't turn it back on.

A lot of people seem to dislike Shanahan for some reason and go out of their way to criticize him. Maybe leftovers from people disliking his dad.

I like him and the GM.

I think he struggles with arrogance sometimes (I can run the plays I want to in the SB -> hey did you guys see us get Trey Lance / we really pulled one over on the rest of the league).

But this can be fixed with experience, and he's a pretty smart guy.

I like him and the GM.

I think he struggles with arrogance sometimes (I can run the plays I want to in the SB -> hey did you guys see us get Trey Lance / we really pulled one over on the rest of the league).

But this can be fixed with experience, and he's a pretty smart guy.
I don’t know. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then maybe it’s a duck.

I have read a few comment (on twitter) that people think Trey Lance trade was the worst in NFL history. I keep thinking that Trey may have been called out on strikes but Deshaun Watson and Brice Young are warming up in the on deck circle.

Trading 3 first has becoming the normal price to reach for a QB.

I have read a few comment (on twitter) that people think Trey Lance trade was the worst in NFL history. I keep thinking that Trey may have been called out on strikes but Deshaun Watson and Brice Young are warming up in the on deck circle.

Trading 3 first has becoming the normal price to reach for a QB.
Yeah, the Watson trade was crazy when you combine the draft capital with the salary they paid. Plus the baggage and not being able to play.

Users who are viewing this thread