What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quick Thoughts on Current Rumors (1 Viewer)

Sigmund Bloom

Footballguy
Staff member
Scanning down the headlines of the day...

KC might be TO's most likely destination: This would make Trent Green a huge QB for redraft league next year, and Samie Parker's value would take a temporary hit in dynasty leagues. Eddie Kennison's value might go off a cliff. I think Gonzo would be fine.

Rumors about Brees and Culpepper's injuries being a concern : If you are relying on Brees or Culpepper on your dynasty team, you might want to make other plans just in case... The buzz is very similar to what we heard about Pennington last year at this time.

CAR, TB, WAS, DET, HOU interested in Ike Bruce? : HOU, WAS, and CAR passing offenses would get immediate upgrades as they lack a true #2. DET - another sign that Rogers days are numbered. TB - would Bruce start over Clayton or Galloway?

Last edited by a moderator:
My quick one-liners:

Bruce would be what Tim Brown was to the Bucs.... useless.

I doubt Culpepper will have any value next year.

I really like Bruce to the Texans. There's that Detroit connection, but Bruce would do wonders for Andre Johnson and David Carr. He'd also be great for whoever they draft to be their No.2 of the future.

TO to KC would be exactly what the Chiefs need in their Super Bowl year... a tall receiver that can get open and catch anything. Their biggest problem is having a bunch of short, passive receivers.

They might be a record-setting offense this year.....

I don't think you can leave out the teams that have been overly active in talks and within the rumor mill. Jets, Dolphins, Broncos, and Dallas. Everything is very speculative at this point which is only right but we could see some real impressive moves as well as moves that have us scratching our heads. Fasten those seatbelts and get prepared for a fun offseason.

KC might be TO's most likely destination: This would make Trent Green a huge QB for redraft league next year, and Samie Parker's value would take a temporary hit in dynasty leagues. Eddie Kennison's value might go off a cliff. I think Gonzo would be fine.
I know I keep repeating this but Bruce to KC I like best.Anyhow, I've yet to read about Rosenhaus apologizing for blowing off Herm at the combine. I think that's a big deal.

CAR, TB, WAS, DET, HOU interested in Ike Bruce? : HOU, WAS, and CAR passing offenses would get immediate upgrades as they lack a true #2. DET - another sign that Rogers days are numbered. TB - would Bruce start over Clayton or Galloway?
Or the lack of confidence in Mike Williams. I see Bruce staying in STL or heading to Houston.
The Lions need a veteran wr presence on that team to help out the young guys. It has nothing to do with not having faith in this or that player.

TO to KC would be exactly what the Chiefs need in their Super Bowl year... a tall receiver that can get open and catch anything. Their biggest problem is having a bunch of short, passive receivers.

How many guys will they retain from the OL, though? And how much will their offensive philosophy change under Herm? I wouldn't count on them being a dominant offense this season at all.

TO to KC would be exactly what the Chiefs need in their Super Bowl year... a tall receiver that can get open and catch anything.  Their biggest problem is having a bunch of short, passive receivers.

How many guys will they retain from the OL, though? And how much will their offensive philosophy change under Herm? I wouldn't count on them being a dominant offense this season at all.
Herm's not messing with a good thing on O. OL coach is now OC.

TO- Dallas or Denver

Brees- Miami

Edge- cuts a deal with Indy to stay or goes to Jacksonville

Jamal Lewis- Lands in Denver

Bruce- Houston is a nice fit for him

Culpepper needs to shut his mouth and stay in Minny. He has no value in my opinion, even if he can make it back for the season, it is too soon and he will be hurt again.

Ricky Williams- appeal is granted but not in time to go anywhere; he stays in Miami and helps win them a division title (with Brees)

Bruce would be what Tim Brown was to the Bucs.... useless.
Tim Brown was 38 when he went to the Bucs. Bruce is going to be just 34 this year. A better comparison, speaking of the Bucs, is Keenan McCardell, who put up 917 yards and 9 TDs at age 35 for San Diego. McCardell was 33 when he put up 1174/8 for Tampa Bay. And Bruce is a better WR than McCardell.

Users who are viewing this thread