What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

R.Mathis vs. D.Freeney (1 Viewer)

abe froman

Footballguy
Mathis has 2x as many tackles and 2 more sacks. Yes he's not always in but so what! He's put up better numbers than Freeney in all but 1 game so far. Give him some love already. And don't tell me that he's playing hurt because they both are but Mathis is putting up stud DL #'s..CONSISTANTLY... :hot:

Mathis has 2x as many tackles and 2 more sacks. Yes he's not always in but so what! He's put up better numbers than Freeney in all but 1 game so far. Give him some love already. And don't tell me that he's playing hurt because they both are but Mathis is putting up stud DL #'s..CONSISTANTLY... :hot:
anyone?

simply put, Freeney is one of the 3 or 5 most talented pass rushers in the league.
Im a numbers guy..not a name guy. I get points for sacks and tackles not talent..so like I said, the DL projections are :thumbdown: without Mathis in top 10

Last edited by a moderator:
Spectacular avatar, but I agree with the rankings. Are you ranking Bledoe about Peyton every week?

Spectacular avatar, but I agree with the rankings. Are you ranking Bledoe about Peyton every week?
Id start him over Peyton depending on the matchup if that's what you're saying..

Pass-rush ability:Freeney > MathisPlaying Time:Freeney > MathisHistorical production:Freeney > Mathis'05 production:Mathis > Freeney

Pass-rush ability:

Freeney > Mathis

Playing Time:

Freeney > Mathis

Historical production:

Freeney > Mathis

'05 production:

Mathis > Freeney
good thing this is "05". Im not saying Freeney is a bum, Im saying Mathis needs to be in top ten with Freeney. Someone that isnt producing as weel needs to be bumped.

Mathis wouldn't produce near what he has been this year if it weren't for Freeney. Freeney draws double and triple teams which usually leaves Mathis with single coverage.

Mathis wouldn't produce near what he has been this year if it weren't for Freeney. Freeney draws double and triple teams which usually leaves Mathis with single coverage.
...Still waiting for an answer to the actual question. Remember we're talking about FFL DL rankings & "cheatsheet"..

Freeney has 8 tackles and 2 sacks over the last 5 weeks. That plain sucks, Freeney shouldn't be top 15 any week in FANTASY FOOTBALL, which is what the original poster is questioning. I don't care if he is quadruple teamed, just another reason to downgrade him.

I don't care if who is double teamed or not. I don't care which was has more talent. I only care about production. The bottom line who is gonna score more points for my team :yes: .

Freeney certainly hasn't been producing lately...the problem is that one of these weeks, he's probably going to explode for 3 sacks. This could be the week at home against Houston, but I still like Mathis more than him this week.

Freeney certainly hasn't been producing lately...the problem is that one of these weeks, he's probably going to explode for 3 sacks. This could be the week at home against Houston, but I still like Mathis more than him this week.
I agree - Mathis should have better numbers this week than Freeney. Houston's RT is way worse than their LT right now - and ESPN's War Room called Mathis vs. Todd Wade the biggest mismatch of the game. Mathis only had one sack against Carr last time, but he really could have been credited with 2 or 3, but got unlucky.

Users who are viewing this thread