What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (3 Viewers)

Was that @lumpy19 with the bmf 10k pr?
A few things I changed to finally get there

1. have the puppy wake me up at 4am because she peed the bed

2. after switching the bed and getting the puppy settled have her throw up a sock in her clean bed at 430am

3. switch beds at 5am with daughter because puppy (who sleeps in her room) is whining and keeping her awake.

On a more serious note I think the only difference was in my head, I always struggle in miles 2-4 and usually that’s the range where I give up the PR attempt and go back to normal pace.

Happy Birthday @gruecd!
Thanks, GB. A couple friends (literally a couple, husband and wife) of mine from Appleton are driving down by me this morning for an easy 10-mile run. Looking forward to it.

Of course while the baby has been really good lately, she wished me a happy birthday with her frantic screaming all night long. And because I rarely drink anymore, I’m feeling the few beers I had last night. 

A few things I changed to finally get there

1. have the puppy wake me up at 4am because she peed the bed

2. after switching the bed and getting the puppy settled have her throw up a sock in her clean bed at 430am

3. switch beds at 5am with daughter because puppy (who sleeps in her room) is whining and keeping her awake.

On a more serious note I think the only difference was in my head, I always struggle in miles 2-4 and usually that’s the range where I give up the PR attempt and go back to normal pace.
❤️ :lol:

Great run, gb. :thumbup:

Thanks, GB. A couple friends (literally a couple, husband and wife) of mine from Appleton are driving down by me this morning for an easy 10-mile run. Looking forward to it.

Of course while the baby has been really good lately, she wished me a happy birthday with her frantic screaming all night long. And because I rarely drink anymore, I’m feeling the few beers I had last night. 
Happy bday!

You going to run with a mask?

gruecd said:
No. I’m not horribly worried about catching this thing while outdoors.
:shrug:

Yeah... Chances seem slim.

My only concern on my runs with friends has been breathing heavy while talking and not being 6' apart. Seems unlikely, but still a chance. When solo, it's purely for optics and overt expression that I respect the many people around me in NYC that I can't avoid seeing and running by. Never concerned about catching it.

My only concern on my runs with friends has been breathing heavy while talking and not being 6' apart. Seems unlikely, but still a chance. When solo, it's purely for optics and overt expression that I respect the many people around me in NYC that I can't avoid seeing and running by. Never concerned about catching it.
I've generally been running the suburban streets (against traffic) and leaving the sidewalks to the walkers.  But when I do pass someone, I raise a gloved hand to cover my nose/mouth as a courtesy.

@Zasada, did you do a DFW snow run?

I've generally been running the suburban streets (against traffic) and leaving the sidewalks to the walkers.  But when I do pass someone, I raise a gloved hand to cover my nose/mouth as a courtesy.

@Zasada, did you do a DFW snow run?
Yeah...when I was in MD, I ran maskless and pulled my shirt up over my mouth whenever I'd pass somebody...not that any of them seemed to care one way or the other tbh.

Texas must be shut down. And I'd love to have seen locals reaction to Z in shorts and tank top cruising through the snow banks.

Yeah I’m sure it’s a non-zero chance, but it’s a small enough chance IMO that I’m comfortable with the risk-reward.

Anybody know how to change the view of the forum, so posts go full-width?  The stats at the top right are cool and all, but it's not like I need to know every day that @gianmarco is our most prolific poster...

Week 0 update: 11.4 total miles running, +1.77 miles to goal; 160 total pus,  -81.9 pus to goal; 100 total sus, -141.9 sus to goal
Week 1 update: 41.6 total miles running, +9.35 miles to goal; 660 total pus, -146.5 pus to goal; 500 total sus, -224.8 sus to goal

running good, other stuff still needs a little more discipline for building total core strength but going ok. 

Snow forecast for DFW today.  Of course I decided to run before it blew in.  But after some consideration, I'm debating to go out again when it hits.  How often does one get to say they ran in snow in DFW???
Just about every year, you'll have your chances.

With the board change and looking around a bit, I realized how awesome this thread is.  How much many of us mostly post here.  And while I know there are obviously plenty of runners amongst the rest of FBG folks that post around here, I also just love this group here.  I'm sure it would still be awesome, but not sure it would be the same if there were 100+ regulars here.  The group of 25ish who regularly take part in this thread make it really special.  Not sure I'd bother spending any time around here anymore if not for this thread and you guys.

With the board change and looking around a bit, I realized how awesome this thread is.  How much many of us mostly post here.  And while I know there are obviously plenty of runners amongst the rest of FBG folks that post around here, I also just love this group here.  I'm sure it would still be awesome, but not sure it would be the same if there were 100+ regulars here.  The group of 25ish who regularly take part in this thread make it really special.  Not sure I'd bother spending any time around here anymore if not for this thread and you guys.
Agree.   I used to come around for 10K, yoga pants and Who's Hottest. 

Now, its just 10K left standing.

silly question for my own curiosity but can you see how many posts someone has in here if they aren't in the top 4?

Last edited by a moderator:
Related

Also while clicking around, I just noticed that apparently the debacle that is/was 2020 is obviously my/our fault. The only day I have ever "won" on FBG was 1/1/2020. And that would have have to be from people in here liking my posts. Way to go fellas, way to go.

:kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread