What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Aaron Jones, MIN (2 Viewers)

Zero reason to play him, just giving the Rams something to think about. That said, I have been wrong on just about everything this season. 😏

This game has home field and bye implications and jones gives them a slightly better chance at winning 
True. That all goes for naught if Jones comes back prematurely and re-injures himself. With the amount of injuries GB has sustained this season, it would be wise to bring him (and a whole host of starters) back after the bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
True. That all goes for naught if Jones comes back prematurely and re-injures himself. With the amount of injuries GB has sustained this season, it would be wise to bring him (and a whole host of starts) back after the bye.

Says the dillon owner :)

I just think any team does what ever it can to win every week especially a huge game like this.  

As an owner of both Jones and Dillon, I approve of this message
Which back are you guys starting if both play? Seems like Dillon is a great matchup if you buy the perception that you can beat the Rams with physical play. Also worry about Jones possibly being on a pitch count coming back. Dillon was already playing much more than I liked when starting Jones.

Not saying this is the right line of thinking... just asking 

Which back are you guys starting if both play? Seems like Dillon is a great matchup if you buy the perception that you can beat the Rams with physical play. Also worry about Jones possibly being on a pitch count coming back. Dillon was already playing much more than I liked when starting Jones.

Not saying this is the right line of thinking... just asking 
Tough call, I had a similar choice last week. I thought CEH would get limited looks and started Darrel Williams over Mooney, fail. I hope I do not have to make the call between Dillon & Jones, to cloud the issue I also have Hunt. If both the Browns and Packers are running a committee, my gut says go with Hunt...

dmac37 said:
Tough call, I had a similar choice last week. I thought CEH would get limited looks and started Darrel Williams over Mooney, fail. I hope I do not have to make the call between Dillon & Jones, to cloud the issue I also have Hunt. If both the Browns and Packers are running a committee, my gut says go with Hunt...

I think the snaps and the catches goes to jones if he plays.  If that is the case in PPR you can't roll him out.  He is trusted at the goal line and gets a ton of ppr looks.  Not saying this will not be a down week coming off injury but the guy is a bell cow and he runs hard and rodgers trusts him

I think the snaps and the catches goes to jones if he plays.  If that is the case in PPR you can't roll him out.  He is trusted at the goal line and gets a ton of ppr looks.  Not saying this will not be a down week coming off injury but the guy is a bell cow and he runs hard and rodgers trusts him

The only thing I will disagree with here is your statement that Jones is a bellcow. A bellcow back consistently gets 20+ touches per week. Jones is trending downward at this point. He's still a low-end RB1 due to touchdown opportunities, but there's enough meat on the bone for Dillon to be a high-end FLEX... something you can't say for a guy like Mattison, since Cook is a true bellcow.

The only thing I will disagree with here is your statement that Jones is a bellcow. A bellcow back consistently gets 20+ touches per week. Jones is trending downward at this point. He's still a low-end RB1 due to touchdown opportunities, but there's enough meat on the bone for Dillon to be a high-end FLEX... something you can't say for a guy like Mattison, since Cook is a true bellcow.

I get what you are saying here for sure.

I just meant that he is 100% trusted and he isn't one of those guys that gets pulled at the goal line or for passing plays. He is trusted in all situations.

Aaron Jones (knee) is questionable for Week 12 against the Rams.

Jones got in another limited practice on Friday and has a very realistic chance of playing on Sunday. Packers' head coach Matt LaFleur noted that he wanted to see how Jones responded to practice, and it's possible we won't know Jones' Week 12 status until final inactives are announced. With the Packers in the late afternoon window, fantasy managers should have a backup option for Jones in place. He'll be an RB2 if he plays, and make A.J. Dillon a low-end RB2.

Nov 26, 2021, 2:41 PM ET

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports "there's some optimism" that Aaron Jones (knee, questionable) will play in Week 12 against the Rams.

Pelissero noted that Jones will still have to go through pre-game warmups to see if he's able to play. That means we won't know his status until the first wave of games has already kicked off. Jones missed last week with the MCL sprain and it was previously reported that he could be held out one more week. The Packers get their bye in Week 13 so an additional game off would give him a long stretch of rest. However, Green Bay takes on the Rams in a game that could ultimately decide the fate of the NFC this week. If Jones is healthy, his team is going to want him back. He will likely give up a little extra work to AJ Dillon if he does suit up, making him a high-end RB2 in Week 12.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Nov 28, 2021, 8:24 AM ET

I don't trust this at all. I don't have any other options to replace him for the later games and I can't afford a goose egg... so I'm benching him for *sigh* Rex Burkhead in the flex (starting Stevenson and M Sanders in RB)

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Aaron Jones, Rashan Gary and Allen Lazard are all active today vs. Rams.

2:56 PM · Nov 28, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Jones, Dillon, or Hunt. I have no idea which way to go.
Similar Jones, Mitchell and Aiyuk.   Ive had all three in ans out of my flex (after passing up on Gallup and Higgins…kicking myself on that)

I worry they use Dillon more and work Jones in some as the secondary option.

Id probably go Dillon.  With the knee have to think Dillon gets goalline work over Jones.

sho nuff said:
Similar Jones, Mitchell and Aiyuk.   Ive had all three in ans out of my flex (after passing up on Gallup and Higgins…kicking myself on that)

Id probably go Dillon.  With the knee have to think Dillon gets goalline work over Jones.
Given the matchup I'd so much rather have your choices.

That reasoning makes sense but on the flip side it seems likely Jones will get more work in the passing game with the Packers potentially playing catch up and Rodgers under pressure a lot having to check down. Ugh, tough one.

ps - That all said, I went Jones mostly b/c I'd feel dumber if I ignored ASYS and he goes off. 

sho nuff said:

Should've taken this advice. Ah well.

I put jones in right at the last second and then immediately swapped them back so Deebo was starting...that was close

I put jones in right at the last second and then immediately swapped them back so Deebo was starting...that was close
I sat him...thanfully...still picked the wrong guy between Aiyuk and Eli Mitcell.

I am betting they are second guessing even playing him a little bit.  But maybe good to get out there...test things out and then not need him late?  Hope he gets some good rest in the bye week.

So, I haven't seen anything this week about this guy - I assume he is 100% good to go?  Not listed anywhere on injury reports?  I only have meh alternatives and J. Taylor out so even with Dillon sharing, hoping he's a good start (really not only this week, but through the playoffs).

Updating a previous item, Aaron Jones (illness/knee) did not participate in practice on Thursday.

This is a little more ominous of a downgrade with COVID-19 sprawling all over the league. Jones will be an easy RB2 if he plays given the amount of snaps A.J. Dillon has been taking lately. Friday will, as we keep repeating, be a big day for the Jones' status update as the fantasy picture slowly begins to uncloud before Saturday. 

Dec 16, 2021, 4:42 PM ET

It’s not covid until it is. What are the Chances he popped positive today and they’re awaiting tomorrow’s results to place him in covid IR? I have both him and Dillon so this should be interesting

Aaron Jones (illness, knee) will play in Week 15 against the Ravens.

Jones was upgraded to limited participation on Friday and removed from the injury report altogether. A.J. Dillon out-touched Jones 15-8 on Sunday but the latter did run 20 routes to Dillion's 10, scoring twice on his (underwhelming) usage. Dillon's breakout means both players should be viewed as weekly RB2s.

SOURCE: Tom Silverstein on Twitter

Dec 17, 2021, 4:10 PM ET

Packers restructured Aaron Jones' contract, creating $3.08 million in cap space.

Jones agreed to convert $3.85 million of his 2022 compensation into a signing bonus and added two void years to his contract in 2025 and 2026. This deal allows the Packers to spread Jones' cap hit into future years, clearing space for this offseason. Cap space is highly relevant for a Packers team looking to re-sign Aaron Rodgers. Green Bay has reportedly offered Rodgers $45 million per year on a two-year deal that would make him the NFL's highest-paid quarterback. They've cleared $14 million in cap space over the last two days and ESPN's Field Yates reports that more moves are on the way. Aaron Jones will have far more fantasy value this season if the Packers can get Rodgers to put pen to paper.

RELATED: 

Aaron Rodgers

SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter

Feb 24, 2022, 9:09 AM ET

Here is another RB the FF community seems to be lukewarm on this season.

Could honestly see Jones' target share explode while maintaining a 9-11 carry/game workload.  If he can scoot his YPC back into the 5+ range like he had most of his career...this guy is midwest (peak) Alvin Kamara.

1000/1000 is on the table IMO.

Could honestly see Jones' target share explode while maintaining a 9-11 carry/game workload.  If he can scoot his YPC back into the 5+ range like he had most of his career...this guy is midwest (peak) Alvin Kamara.

The buzz is starting though. I just saw someone else recently post the same 1000/1000 potential production.

IMHO, Aaron Jones 1000+/1000+ is inconceivable. 2000 total yards, while an 'easier' goal to shoot for (aggregate), is inconceivable, as well. Again, IMHO. This is nothing against Aaron Jones, it's just the way I see things playing out.

Packers/Rodgers in a very narrow window with an exceedingly high bar. For the limited remaining time they have Rodgers, it's Super Bowl or bust. Right this minute Jones is their 2nd most important piece on offense, but AJ Dillon is 3rd, and quite possibly 2ndB. Not only for what he brings to the table, but in the sense that by using him more often, they might be able to squeeze more out of Jones. One leg of Packers Super Bowl or bust ladder is getting the most possible production out of Jones, without him blowing a tire. Not only that, but the gap between Rodgers/Jones/Dillon and the rest of the skill position players on that offense is pretty significant, IMHO.

Jones' mileage, while not extremely high, is approaching significance. I think cold weather miles are harder on players than warm weather miles, just my opinion. He's 27, will be 28 in December. Moving towards senior RB status.  It's likely there's no written plan to manage his touches, but he's approaching that stage where wise use likely leads to more peak Aaron when in use. AJ Dillon is now a proven commodity. Pack knows what they have in him, and will deploy that weapon, not only in his own right, but to get more juice out of Aaron's touches. Dillon showed he can catch the ball, too. Nowhere near as dynamic as Jones, but more than adequate at getting the job done. Basically, no reason for them not to use plenty of Dillon, as long as most games stay on script, which they should, I think. I think it's reasonable to assume Jones is going to miss 1 game, and there's at least some chance he misses 1 more. This Pack team, as currently conceived, cannot do Super Bowl or bust without getting at least 13 RS games out of Jones, plus the complete playoff run.

While the WR/TE group is  a mixed bag of mediocrity, inexperience and unknown, it's reasonable to assume that over the course of the Season, the whole could be greater than the sum of it's parts. Every week, 1 WR/TE is going to have the chance to put up WR2/3#'s. IMHO, anybody's guess who that is, and probably stays that way.  The 1-2 punch of Jones/Dillon in both the running and passing game is going to help the WR/TE group's productivity as well. I think it's a good bet we see some Jones/Dillon on the field at the same time, most defenses will key on them, and Rodgers is going to beat them somewhere else. I can't see a favorite emerging from this crew, but someone's going to be open on every pass play and 6-7/10 times Rodgers is going to throw a completion to someone. All that being said, IMHO, there's not a single WR/TE on this Team right now I'd consider a reliable, consistent week-to-week flex play, and it's going to drive some people crazy trying to figure out who they can rely on besides Jones/Dillon...until they realize they can't...but every week, a different one of them is going to pop up somewhere in the leaders chart. That's Rodgers making lemonade.

Now, what if one or two of these WR/TE guys emerges as something resembling dependable/consistent? I think the more that occurs, the less the other bit-players will contribute to the mix. It won't come from Jones/Dillon's portion of the offense. If Rodgers finds someone(s) in the WR/TE mix he trusts, he's going to feed them at the expense of the litter. The spread will narrow. Go figure as to if/when that happens. It may not. Dart throws, timing and luck...but that guy(s) could have serious value. Outside of Jones/Dillon, Rodgers is starving. IMHO he'll play the field until someone earns circle of trust...and with this crew, it's possible that may not happen, which means a whole bunch of WR/TE with very pedestrian #''s.

I think Jones' absolute ceiling is 1500 combined total yards, spread out over 15 to 16 games. That falls in to 'ideal' territory, which to me means 'unattainable, but worth striving for'. That's 75% of 2000. So 2000 is way out the window from where I'm looking.  I'm gonna say 1200-1350 total is a reasonable expectation. 60-64 catches. He does score TD's, though. Random or not, he's probably one of the safest bets out there to get at least 10.

Think you'd have to be OK with getting those #'s out of a likely mid-to-late 2nd Round pick? Think you'd also have to be OK with going a different direction between some other enticing options available in that window, and taking Dillon later, depending on how you see early-to-mid Rd 3 unfolding.

The thing that intrigues me the most, though, is that I think there's a conceivable iteration of this Packers Team that could allow one to draft and start both Jones/Dillon in a lineup with more than 1 Flex position. The Chubb/Hunt ideal? I'd love to see that play out.

Rodgers/Jones/Dillon and their merry mixed bag of WR/TE, about half of who offer (at their floor),  just enough to prevent Jones from being in the RB1 conversation, but probably one of the most dependable RB2's  one could count on to deliver RB2 #'s. I think it's a win when you get exactly what you expect out of a premium pick. I just don't think it's going to be very exciting, but there's a lot to be said for 'set it and forget it' in FF. IMHO, of course.

TheDirtyWord said:

I'd say my upside case for Jones in 2022 is that after a season in which we saw guys like Cordarrelle Patterson and Deebo Samuel become multi-dimensional weapons who could line-up all over the field, Jones could be that for the Packers for an offense that might be more devoid of explosive weapons as they have ever been with Rodgers at the helm.  The NFL is a copycat league.  LaFleur mentored under Shanahan.  Arthur Smith did a year under LaFleur.  Both teams last year had to make best use of their most explosive playmaker on offense.  Jones IMO is that player for a team who is trying to sell Allan Lazard as WR1.

I think there is a reasonable case that Jones is a top-10 RB and Dillon is a top-15 RB. 
Agree.  Reminds me of Kamara and Ingram in 2017 .  Everyone talks about Jones catches going up pretty dramatically, but Dillion caught 34 passes last year, so I expect him to get a share of the Adams targets as well.  Realistic to see him with 45-50 catches himself.

Aaron Jones rushed five times for 49 yards in the Packers' Week 1 loss to the Vikings, adding three catches for 27 yards.

Jones took a backseat to Dillon in every way in Week 1. Dillon saw one more target and caught five passes while rushing 10 times. Jones was also on the sidelines while Dillon punched in the Packers' only touchdown of the day. Week 1 doesn't give us a large sample, but this was the worst-case scenario for fantasy managers relying on Jones for RB1 numbers. The Packers lost by 16 points to the Vikings, so their first game may not be an indication of how the rest of the season will play out. We will get a true test of the backfield split when Green Bay takes on the Bears in Week 2.

- NBCSportsEDGE

76 yds on 8 touches , the Packers were never really in the football game it seemed.

Never seen the Packers look this bad since Week1 last year

-The good news is he's healthy and should have more stats next week.

Users who are viewing this thread