What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Aaron Jones, MIN (1 Viewer)

(fantasypros) Aaron Jones (hamstring) is back at practice for the Packers on Thursday.
Analysis: Jones hasn't practiced or played since pulling his hamstring in Week 1, but now he's back and participating at practice. He will probably be limited, as the team will look to take it slow and careful with his return. He seems to be trending towards playing on Sunday, which will revert AJ Dillon to his backup role in Week 3 and beyond.

Aaron Jones (hamstring) is questionable for Week 3 against the Saints.

Jones missed Week 2 because of the hamstring issue but got in a trio of limited practice sessions this week. That puts him on the right side of questionable for Sunday, though it’s still possible Green Bay sits him for another week. He would be a risky RB2 option if he is active. His return would knock AJ Dillon down into the RB3/4 range.

I'm already down Saquon, and if Jones sits I'll be forced to start Herbert (or maybe Miller). All of which is to say that if Jones is in GB's lineup, he's in mine. I'll take the chance of him being limited

I'm already down Saquon, and if Jones sits I'll be forced to start Herbert (or maybe Miller). All of which is to say that if Jones is in GB's lineup, he's in mine. I'll take the chance of him being limited
Honestly, reading the tea leaves a bit, but I'm fully expecting both Jones and Watson to be playing Sunday.

Honestly, reading the tea leaves a bit, but I'm fully expecting both Jones and Watson to be playing Sunday.
Jones and Watson were limited participants Friday and officially questionable for Sunday.

Another problem is on the offense line, LG Jenkins is officially out and LT Bakhitari is officially questionable.

Just traded Kirk Cousins for him to a QB needy team. He has Fields. Happy to add Jones to my roster. Now I’m stacked at RB with CMC, Barkley, J Cook, Kyren, & now Jones.

Aaron Jones (hamstring) is questionable for Week 4 against the Lions.

Jones was sidelined in Week 3 because of the hamstring issue after getting in three limited practice sessions. He once again got in a trio of limited practices this week, so it’s hard to say if he will play on Thursday. If he can’t suit up, AJ Dillon will get his third start of the year. Dillon has struggled to do much with the increased workload, totaling 107 yards on 39 carries. He will rank as an RB3 if Jones is ruled out before kickoff.

might be a good time to try and buy low on jones if owners are getting annoyed and/or desperate cause need bodies. i acquired him for roschon and jakobi meyers in a 16 team ppr. granted in a bigger league like that bodies can be more important than names cause deph is thin and spots can hard to fill. worth a shot

Love the "cautious workload" quotes. While I am likely sitting Jones this week (for Pacheco), If I had to start him I do not think the pitch count will matter if the game is close.

Love the "cautious workload" quotes. While I am likely sitting Jones this week (for Pacheco), If I had to start him I do not think the pitch count will matter if the game is close.
Plus it's just Pelissero's opinion - who knows what the game plan really is.

I'm kind of the belief that once Jones is completely healthy, his workload could be bigger than ever. Dillon completely laid an egg in his time starting, and Jones offers more as both a runner and receiver.

I'm kind of the belief that once Jones is completely healthy, his workload could be bigger than ever. Dillon completely laid an egg in his time starting, and Jones offers more as both a runner and receiver.

Agreed...although I do worry that Dillon laying such a big egg could be a reason to revisit Taylor.

Agreed...although I do worry that Dillon laying such a big egg could be a reason to revisit Taylor.
hmmm. That would be interesting as both a jones and taylor owner.

I can't bring myself to start AJ (if you have good options). Short week for the rest of his team, injured OL, pretty good Detroit D, typically don't like Thursdays, not 100% healthy...

I'd still be surprised by that. Dillon can still be the #2, I just think instead of maybe a 60-40 split, we could be looking more at a 70-30 split.

I'd still be surprised by that. Dillon can still be the #2, I just think instead of maybe a 60-40 split, we could be looking more at a 70-30 split.
Dillon sucks this year.

I can't bring myself to start AJ (if you have good options). Short week for the rest of his team, injured OL, pretty good Detroit D, typically don't like Thursdays, not 100% healthy...
"AJ" as in Aaron Jones or "AJ" as in AJ Dillon
Sorry! Jones...I'm lucky to have good options but he'll be a must start beginning next week for me most likely.

If he’s active (which he is tonight) I’m playing him. Upside is to good not to. He‘s in over Brian Robinson and Pierce for me.

His usage was absolutely baffling (as was the play calling). Dillon has to be the worst big goal line back in history yet they continue to insist on using him exclusively in the red zone. Not only does that not make sense considering how bad Dillon is down there, but Jones is a fantastic red zone back. Dude has alway had a nose for the end zone. It is mind boggling.

His usage was absolutely baffling (as was the play calling). Dillon has to be the worst big goal line back in history yet they continue to insist on using him exclusively in the red zone. Not only does that not make sense considering how bad Dillon is down there, but Jones is a fantastic red zone back. Dude has alway had a nose for the end zone. It is mind boggling.
100% agree. The Packers have a history of not activating an injured player unless he is 100%, the usage tonight was a disgrace. Dillon has become absolutely useless in all aspects of the game. For years I would scream, why are they playing JaMawfull Williams, now it is even worse with Dillon. What are they saving Jones for......

100% agree. The Packers have a history of not activating an injured player unless he is 100%, the usage tonight was a disgrace. Dillon has become absolutely useless in all aspects of the game. For years I would scream, why are they playing JaMawfull Williams, now it is even worse with Dillon. What are they saving Jones for......
Exactly. I’ve had Jones on my team for the past 5 years. Its infuriating at times, especially because it’s incredibly obvious how much better they are when he’s on the field. He‘s unquestionably their best player.

they save jones for more jones. tonight was a snap count in a game out of hand early. jones gets nicked up. the pack always use two rbs. some day jones might score a bundy and get 4 tds and somedays he might take a backseat. if they used him as most fantasy players would like he'd miss even more time. and later when the winter comes the big back generally absorb more pounding. it's what the packers do

would be trying to buy Jones low everywhere.

That O Line is going to improve and the gamescript will be positive against many teams on the schedule.

That O Line is going to improve and the gamescript will be positive against many teams on the schedule.
I think he may be tough to buy low. The people who held him through injury, surely aren't going to throw in the towel after 1 game.

Had him for the last two to three years in dynasty. Last year his usage was frustrating so I traded him for Jordan Love and a 2nd round Pick and then traded Love after week 1 for Etienne. So all in all Jones for Etienne and a 2nd round draft pick..

While Jones is a very skilled player, the usage by coaches and Dillion at the goal line led me to have had enough.

Last edited:
Had in for the last two to three years in dynasty. Last year his usage was frustrating so I traded him for Jordan Love and a 2nd round Pick and then traded Love after week 1 for Etienne. So all in all Jones for Etienne and a 2nd round draft pick..

While Jones is a very skilled player, the usage by coaches and Dillion at the goal line led me to have had enough.
:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

I think he may be tough to buy low. The people who held him through injury, surely aren't going to throw in the towel after 1 game.
Agree, however, if he continues to get lit up like he did last night he won't last. He's not the biggest guy at just over 200lbs and runs angry when healthy, hopefully he stays healthy!

With GB playing on Monday night, us Jones owners may have a tough call this week. Is there any concern they end up sitting him considering they have a week 6 bye?

Being reported by NFL Network, that he's "unlikely to play" tonight.

Nothing about whether he had a setback, and they do have a bye next week, but it certainly doesn't sound like this was the plan all along, so setback feels like a fair assumption.

****. Needed just 8ppr points tonight from him to stay in first place. So brutal.
lol you're in first place, you'll fine.

I'm 1-3 with a solid team and desperate for a win this week. I'm up 4 points and have Jones left. Was at 99%, but just lost.

****. Needed just 8ppr points tonight from him to stay in first place. So brutal.
lol you're in first place, you'll fine.

I'm 1-3 with a solid team and desperate for a win this week. I'm up 4 points and have Jones left. Was at 99%, but just lost.
Sure, it’s all relative. I just happen to be playing the second place team so to be gifting him the win sucks.

Gonna lose by 5. Debated all day about throwing Jaleel McGlaughlin in to hedge against Jones not playing.

Gonna be 3-2, but on the day I went to 3-0, Mike Williams went down and a RB that dropped 55 points that day (Mostert) basically lost his starting job. Was a very soft 3-0 team. Also a team with Anthony RIchardson.

Anyway, that's just me whining, but the reason I gambled on Jones is that my team isn't very good and I thought the only shot I had to win was for Jones to go bonkers.

Users who are viewing this thread