What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alvin Kamara, NO (1 Viewer)

How many more years can this guy compete like this? I get that his usage has not been the same as Henry or Cook or other RBs of similar vintage... but man, will we be drafting him in earlier rounds next year?

It’s all about volume for him, as he’s been pretty pedestrian on the ground.

True. The problem, as Saints fans will tell you (I'm thinking of Doug B on these here boards), is their line. None of the three have really popped eyes with their YPC this year. Kendre has been hurt seemingly all year, as you note, so I think it's more that than a reflection of confidence in him. He hasn't been at all healthy enough to warrant playing time. Can't play from the tub. Williams hasn't eaten into Kamara's time at all yet because he's not getting it done either. Seems to me they need to draft an offensive lineman (they're probably not drafting a QB with Carr's contract, though who knows about that situation and the Saints cap shenanigans . . .).
Interesting takes. What RB would you rather be starting than CMC or perhaps Kyren? FF or IRL.

IRL, I think I would take quite a few. I'm not a talent evaluator, but you've got to think there are other guys you'd rather have running between the tackles. That said, he's outplaying a JAG this year who specializes in that—and Kamara is getting those carries—so either Jamaal is worse than we think or Kamara must be better than we think.

In fantasy, it depends upon dynasty or redraft. In redraft, you could argue he's still a top five or top ten back, which pushes him at furthest back into the third round of a standard twelve-team league. In dynasty that fades awfully quickly. You'd have a hard time getting him in the top twenty. I'm looking at Breece Hall, Bijan, Jahmyr and a host of others right off of the bat. I'd really need a list of starters to do that quickly, but there are a bunch I'd rather have given his age, yes.

Yeah, I would take all those guys in dynasty for sure.

Probably the only guys I'd prefer in redraft RN though is CMC and Kyren for fantasy purposes. Despite this and oxymoronically, IRL I would love to see Kamara as a Ram this year...

Assuming the Saints are smart enough to take their cap medicine next two seasons and unload their tradeable vets, where does Kamara get moved to? My guess is a competitive team would still give up a 3rd or 4th rounder to ride him as a dual-purpose back for the next year or two in all-in run for the playoffs, but whom?

Chiefs
Bills
Dolphins
Chargers
Ravens
Texans

Just in the AFC alone seem like decently viable landing spots.

NFC:

Cowboys
Eagles
Rams
Packers
Vikings

Have not looked at all at any of these teams' cap situations. Would need to be a team willing to pay Kamara decent scratch for at least next year, and perhaps even the next two years if a couple teams get into competitive bidding.

I'm out but that was a poor performance. Most likely he's not back next year. Not sure if he's worth keeping or if he is turning into Dalvin Cook territory.

Assuming the Saints are smart enough to take their cap medicine next two seasons and unload their tradeable vets, where does Kamara get moved to? My guess is a competitive team would still give up a 3rd or 4th rounder to ride him as a dual-purpose back for the next year or two in all-in run for the playoffs, but whom?

Chiefs
Bills
Dolphins
Chargers
Ravens
Texans

Just in the AFC alone seem like decently viable landing spots.

No chance for the Chargers. They have too much of a 2024 cap challenge.

Only us owners will remember this. Others will look at the points. Might be a good time to sell after we’re all bounced from the playoffs 🤣

I'm out but that was a poor performance. Most likely he's not back next year. Not sure if he's worth keeping or if he is turning into Dalvin Cook territory.
Rams have been really good against the run lately.
Also been good vs receiving RB’s if I heard correctly. Was not going to sit him, honestly believed my other 2 backs Bijan and A. Jones would have a better week. I at least expected 10+ PPR points from Kamara but was not shocked it was tough sledding vs the Ram D.

NewOrleans.football’s Nick Underhill believes Saints offensive coordinator Klint Kubiak will install a run game that will provide Alvin Kamara with “more space” to operate.

Kubiak, a Kyle Shanahan disciple, is expected to install a similar rushing attach in New Orleans next season — one replete with outside zone runs and plenty of pre-snap motion on rushing plays. The Saints rarely used motion on runs in 2023 even though they had success when they did. Underhill said if Kubiak’s system “can get Kamara just a little bit more space, his overall rushing average should increase, which would then take some pressure off” Derek Carr. “There is a lot that can be done to improve the offense. Boosting the efficiency of this run scheme will go a long way.” Kamara, entering his age-29 season, fell off in nearly every metric last year. He posted the lowest rush yards after contact per attempt (2.51) and the fewest rushes of at least ten yards of his NFL career. Perhaps Kubiak can salvage one more productive season for the veteran back.

The main takeaway is that one of the best beat writers going is writing articles on assumption Kamara is not going anywhere.

Also not for nothing but had read that Kamara was at the team facility last week or so, not typical of a player on the "outs' to be around the facility over a month since the season ended.

Users who are viewing this thread