What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Christian McCaffrey, SF (2 Viewers)

I agree with you on the touches per game, as I’ve stated before.  But some people were in here emphatically expressing multiple times that he was incapable of running the ball meaningfully at the NFL level.  I think we can pretty much put that nonsense to bed after the 2nd half of last season and his performance so far in PS this year.
Tavon Austin had some big rushing games. Not sure it proved he was a three down rb.

IMO he’s gonna be a league winner. I’m not sure that he’s worth 1.04 ... 

I think he’s a lock for double digit TDs. Could he get 1000 1000 this year? 

I have Fournette averaging a full point per game more than Freeman, CMC and Hunt in PPR but all of Freeman, CMC and Hunt are literally within .1 points of one another in my rankings.

If I was sitting there in round 2 and had to choose between Freeman, CMC and Hunt, they're grouped so tightly by me personally that it'd just come down to personal preference. In which case, I'm likely taking Freeman or CMC. 
Ended up taking Hunt over Fournette, CMC, and Freeman with 12th pick in 16T ppr.  Fully expect Hunt to break both legs next week 

Last edited by a moderator:
He went 1.6 last night in my brothers big money league.  Granted its a NC based group so that undoubtedly has something to do with it.  I will find out who went 1-5 for comparison.
In case anyone cares.  This is a 12 team NC based league $350 entry. .5 ppr

1.Bell

2.EE

3. A Brown

4.Alvin K

5. Todd G

6. Cmac

1200 yards in his career at 6.7 ypc. McCaffery has 400 at 3.7. 

Yeah I know Austin isn’t a great rb but saying that McCaffrey has proven the doubters wrong is just as silly. 

The doubters I was speaking to are those who insisted repeatedly that he was incapable of running the ball at the NFL level.  If anyone still believes that, they are intentionally not paying attention.

The doubters I was speaking to are those who insisted repeatedly that he was incapable of running the ball at the NFL level.  If anyone still believes that, they are intentionally not paying attention.
Bottom line is McCaffery has 435 rushing yards total over the course of a regular season at 3.7 YPC. I'll believe he is capable of running the ball WELL at the NFL level when he does it over the course of a full season. 

Bottom line is McCaffery has 435 rushing yards total over the course of a regular season at 3.7 YPC. I'll believe he is capable of running the ball WELL at the NFL level when he does it over the course of a full season. 

And I’ll repeat yet again, look at his last 8 games when his workload increased by 40% and check out his ypc, combined with what he has shown so far this preseason.  If you’re going to insist on waiting until next year’s offseason to have a full season’s worth of proof, you’ll be about 1 1/2 years behind the curve.

Yeah, let's definitely wait until after #21's second year to figure out that Ladanian Tomlinson is good (3.6 YPC).

Or Emmitt Smith and his 937 yards at 3.9 YPC.

Or OJ Simpson and his 697 yards at 3.9 YPC. 

Or Walter Payton and his 679 yards at 3.5 YPC.

Winning fantasy football is about projecting the future, not measuring the past.

And I’ll repeat yet again, look at his last 8 games when his workload increased by 40% and check out his ypc, combined with what he has shown so far this preseason.  If you’re going to insist on waiting until next year’s offseason to have a full season’s worth of proof, you’ll be about 1 1/2 years behind the curve.
He average 40 rushing yards game. What good is his YPC if he doesn't get a substantial amount of carries? Do you really believe the coaching staff when they say they will increase his workload this year?

He average 40 rushing yards game. What good is his YPC if he doesn't get a substantial amount of carries? Do you really believe the coaching staff when they say they will increase his workload this year?

I’ve already put his workload at 17-19 touches per game.  That will get him enough rushes to be around 200 rushes for the year which should net him near 850 to 900 yds rushing.

Where do you project him?  And you backed your position with low ypc and then immediately abandoned it for lack of workload. Why is that?

I’ve already put his workload at 17-19 touches per game.  That will get him enough rushes to be around 200 rushes for the year which should net him near 850 to 900 yds rushing.

Where do you project him?  And you backed your position with low ypc and then immediately abandoned it for lack of workload. Why is that?
I honestly don't know. Hopefully he gets a lot more carries than he did last year. I would like for him to be given the opportunity to prove himself. Hopefully the coaching staff feels the same way.  

And just to make my position in regard to bias clear, I do not own McCaffrey but I do own Anderson.  I was not crazy about Anderson’s landing spot earlier this year, and now after watching PS I’m getting downright unhappy about it.

Yeah, let's definitely wait until after #21's second year to figure out that Ladanian Tomlinson is good (3.6 YPC).

Or Emmitt Smith and his 937 yards at 3.9 YPC.

Or OJ Simpson and his 697 yards at 3.9 YPC. 

Or Walter Payton and his 679 yards at 3.5 YPC.

Winning fantasy football is about projecting the future, not measuring the past.
:goodposting:  

Where do you rank him in ppr redraft this year...too early at the 1/2 turn? I’m thinking ahead of Hunt, Cook, Gordon, etc. Just think he has a big year this year.

I've seen some pretty awful comps on this board over the years, but this clinging to Tavon Austin as some sort of meaningful analog to Christian McCaffrey might be the all-time worst.
I can’t wven believe that’s a thing...like people are actually comparing these 2 players???  

i can only assume that someone making That comparison is trolling hoping to trigger people or...well, I won’t go there with the 2nd option.  I’ll stay classy.  Lol 

Where do you rank him in ppr redraft this year...too early at the 1/2 turn? I’m thinking ahead of Hunt, Cook, Gordon, etc. Just think he has a big year this year.
I think the bulk of big money fantasy drafts will start Fri and Sat of this weekend.  The panthers have preseason gm3 on fri night.  I truly think if he has another above average game then there is no way he lasts to the turn in ppr. 

pantherclub said:
I think the bulk of big money fantasy drafts will start Fri and Sat of this weekend.  The panthers have preseason gm3 on fri night.  I truly think if he has another above average game then there is no way he lasts to the turn in ppr. 
I sincerely hope this is true.  I like him and may target him there, but I also don't mind seeing a couple other names drop to the early 2nd.

I sincerely hope this is true.  I like him and may target him there, but I also don't mind seeing a couple other names drop to the early 2nd.
totally with you on that, not saying cmac is not worthy but if he does move up it does push some good wr's back to the turn and hopefully thats where I will be picking.

totally with you on that, not saying cmac is not worthy but if he does move up it does push some good wr's back to the turn and hopefully thats where I will be picking.
I'm drafting Sunday and am now considering taking him at 1.7 with another great effort Friday.  Because I know he won't fall to me in the 2nd and so far I have not liked my mocks.  I'm in NC fwiw and am not a Panthers fan.

I've done 20+ MFL10s, maybe a dozen DRAFT bestballs, and a half a dozen FBG championship drafts, and in 90% of them I have drawn between the 9-12 spots.  I've been drafting at or near the turn all offseason.  Driving me a little nuts, honestly.  I've ended up with a *lot* of OBJ and Gronk, with a smattering of Hunt, Cook, Julio, Nuk, etc.  But I haven't targeted CMC yet and I just might.

I've done 20+ MFL10s, maybe a dozen DRAFT bestballs, and a half a dozen FBG championship drafts, and in 90% of them I have drawn between the 9-12 spots.  I've been drafting at or near the turn all offseason.  Driving me a little nuts, honestly.  I've ended up with a *lot* of OBJ and Gronk, with a smattering of Hunt, Cook, Julio, Nuk, etc.  But I haven't targeted CMC yet and I just might.
I’m stuck at 12/13 with keepers taking a few of the top guys out. Who do you like in this bunch?

Is CAR's OL just a weakness or is it going to be their achilles heel? Is losing Williams and Silatolu too much to overcome? Paging CAR homers. 

IMO he’s gonna be a league winner. I’m not sure that he’s worth 1.04 ... 

I think he’s a lock for double digit TDs. Could he get 1000 1000 this year? 
Bleh.  League winners are those guys drafted well outside of the first round that perform top 3 overall.  Hunt was going in the 3rd-5th round and won the rushing title. OBJ was virtually undrafted his rookie year and blew up the 2nd half.  Kamara was going in the 12th round. Even Gurley went in the late 2nd, early 3rd in some drafts.   You don't draft "league winners" in the first round. If they're drafted that high, they're expected to perform at an elite level. You're not getting any value on the pick.

The 1000/1000 comments seem unfounded.  Those are David Johnson numbers.  DJ is as elusive as Cmac but does it at 225 lbs, so he holds up better between the tackles (and packs a bigger punch).  Tomlinson did it at 220. 

Cmac is 202.  That's gotta make a big difference to durability. I think the hype train is getting out of control  =/

Last edited by a moderator:
Bleh.  League winners are those guys drafted well outside of the first round that perform top 3 overall.  Hunt was going in the 3rd-5th round and won the rushing title. OBJ was virtually undrafted his rookie year and blew up the 2nd half.  Kamara was going in the 12th round. Even Gurley went in the late 2nd, early 3rd in some drafts.   You don't draft "league winners" in the first round. If they're drafted that high, they're expected to perform at an elite level. You're not getting any value on the pick.

The 1000/1000 comments seem unfounded.  Those are David Johnson numbers.  DJ is as elusive as Cmac but does it at 225 lbs, so he holds up better between the tackles (and packs a bigger punch).  Tomlinson did it at 220. 

Cmac is 202.  That's gotta make a big difference to durability. I think the hype train is getting out of control  =/
Cmac is ripped and pretty stout for 200-205.

I don't think he hits 1,000 rushing. But I don't see why he can't hit 1,000 receiving (I expect he will) and 750 rushing.

Cmac is ripped and pretty stout for 200-205.

I don't think he hits 1,000 rushing. But I don't see why he can't hit 1,000 receiving (I expect he will) and 750 rushing.
Every running back who makes it onto the field in the NFL is "ripped" =) 

The worst RB in the league is still an elite athlete.

He went 10 in a 14 team PPR league draft on Saturday. I actually think that's doable in a PPR league. Not so much in standard.

Supposedly up to 208 a couple months ago.

McCaffrey is a high volume pass receiving RB. By the eye test, he goes down too easily as a RB. His value depends on how well CJ Anderson plays. I think CJ is better than Stewart.     

McCaffrey is a high volume pass receiving RB. By the eye test, he goes down too easily as a RB. His value depends on how well CJ Anderson plays. I think CJ is better than Stewart.     
somewhere I read that CJA had more yards after contact than LeVeon Bell last year.

Man, CMC wasn’t even on my radar. Just one of those guys you don’t really think about ya know? But all I keep hearing is how much the Panthers want to use him (25-30 touches) and Norv in the house now. He was 10th last year in my league and could honestly see him top 5 this year. I am seriously starting to think about him at 2.03. Am I crazy? If Cook is there I can’t do it, I like Cook too much, but I’m finding myself with Adams in a lot of mocks or reaching for Hill (although not really a reach since we have PR points; he was WR4 in my league last year) so I’m really torn on CMC vs Adams vs Hill. Will prob be a draft day decision. Just not sure with CJA there now who I think is an upgrade to JStew and Cam culturing TD’s infuriates me, lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread