What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D’Andre Swift, CHI (4 Viewers)

Swift is an INCREDIBLE talent. He's also not going to get the GL duties, and he's softer than a warm marshmallow.
If your team is reliant on Swift to win, you're not in a good place.

Swift will remain firmly on my fantasy bench until I see him make it through a game.

Wish I had the RB depth to do that.
If Swift is playing, he seems like an automatic start. I get the concern but he has had plenty of time to heal enough to be a force again.
Agreed. Very few players make as many splash plays per touch as Swift.
Sure, he makes splash plays, but the guy must be Italian (Fra-gee-lay)!

Maybe I'm just a blindly optimistic dynasty owner, but I am still considering it a fresh start to take the league by storm every time he comes back. If he's out, say, 6 more games this year and 10 games next year, I'll be agreeing with the whole "made of glass" sentiment. I guess I believe that while a lot of "patterns" and "trends" we see in sports are real inherent tendencies that can be expected to continue, a lot are also random. Again, probably blindly optimistic. But even for me it's getting to that point that it's harder to ignore.

D'Andre Swift (ankle/shoulder) is questionable for Week 7 against the Cowboys.​

Dan Campbell said that the star back has "done a little more every day" in his ramp-up, but RBs coach Duce Staley said they're taking it "one day at a time." It sounds like Swift is truly questionable for Week 7, and in a game that looks on paper to high-scoring, his absence would shift around a lot of the fantasy landscape on Sunday. Swift's status will be answered more fully on Saturday or Sunday.
Oct 21, 2022, 3:47 PM ET

How is it possible that he’s still not playing?
:wall:

The one league I have him in is the orphan I took over - which would he a hell of a lot better if he could get on the %#!£%#! field.
:rant:

Not like it’s a great matchup, in the league I have Jamaal Williams I won’t even be able to take advantage of it.

Gah

Hoping for a sting of 8-9 games down the stretch where he miraculously stays on the field so I can trade this bum.

I tried so hard to deal him in the 16-team league I have him in this preseason.

With RB scarcity, and at the time tons of hype by FF writers saying he had RB1 upside, I still couldn’t even get a nibble.

Even after his monster 1st game, I put him on the block and not one league member even sniffed him out. Nada.

It’s a frustrating situation.

It's a shame because he's in a pretty good situation. Excellent OL, a QB who doesn't run and will dump off, and no younger back pushing him YET. Even though they need to draft all defense, I expect the Lions to spend a pick on an RB in 2023.

As talented as he is, he’ll be out of the league in 3 years.
That’s incredibly unlikely.
Well, not sure how the Lions can even figure him into their plans moving forward. They certainly won’t be offering a large contract. I assume they will draft a rb next year.

So 2 years from now, he’ll be playing for someone else on a small 2-3 year deal, as a back-up. He’d be an expected injury away from being released.

This reminds me of when covid first started spreading. Chicken Littles everywhere. Give it a few weeks. He'll be back, likely next week. Let's see what happens.

This reminds me of when covid first started spreading. Chicken Littles everywhere. Give it a few weeks. He'll be back, likely next week. Let's see what happens.
I agree, but be prepared to have the same conversation multiple times in the future.

The best thing Swift probably has going for him is that the Lions offense has been shut down the last two games (albeit by good defenses). They need him so maybe we’ll get some decent points out of him next week before he gets hurt again.

Swift full participant on Wednesday ...? That's good for Swift's outlook I guess. Feels a bit ominous for the stability of the space-time continuum though ...

Fragile Fred was more durable than Swift.
Literally just did a quick fact check because it so eerily reminds me of Fragile Fred hysteria circa 2000. He had one more more injury and then played 14-16 games for like 7 years lol.

People should chill. He's a football RB. They get hurt, and the injuries aren't perfectly evenly distributed across all RBs. It's random.

A healthy Swift could see the bench in one of my leagues. And I'm a LIONS FAN!!! Talk me out of it.

Start 6 of these 7

Kupp
Hopkins
Godwin
Higgins

Chubb
Pierce
Swift

Users who are viewing this thread