What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Dalvin Cook, Free Agent (8 Viewers)

Hmmn, I wonder if Dalvin would be interested in being reunited with his former OC when both were with the Vikings when he led the league in rushing?
A coach who is in the playoffs and who lost his star RB in the 2nd game this year?
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/16/vikings-run-game-dolphins-kevin-stefanski-mike-zimmer

https://www.vikings.com/news/kevin-stefanksi-offensive-coordinator-minnesota-vikings

https://www.startribune.com/vikings...nski-has-found-offensive-blueprint/564138772/
--------------------------------
When Nick Chubb was the starter the first two games the top rusher for the Cleveland Browns averaged exactly 106 yards per game.
The first 7 games after Nick Chubb went down the top rusher for the Cleveland Browns averaged 62.8 yards a game.
The last 7 games the team's top rusher has averaged 43.7 yards a game.
Hmmn, a playoff team, his former OC when he led the league in rushing, with an apparent need for a top RB?
First team that popped in my mind. I have zero idea how the relationship was when he left. Zero. Would be a decent fit if they left on good terms
Add, I 'think' the Browns have had success with another cast off from the Jets at QB this year if I'm not mistaken.

Imagine the Ravens with an IN PRIME Dalvin Cook and Melvin Gordon toting the rock?

Would be neat if both guys scored in the playoffs.

Just a reminder that the shelf life of a RB is SHORT!

Did anyone actually watch him try to run this year, he's done.
He was really bad at the beginning of the season but I thought was starting to show a lot better on his limited chances later. Not easy getting into a groove on a new team with a crappy QB and OL on limited chances but I though he was coming around.

I thought was starting to show a lot better on his limited chances later

We agree again. I've seen much worse in the way of talent hold down a job. If Zeke isn't totally cooked, then Dalvin isn't.

Cook just needs a little shove from the QB or a rocket strapped to his back to make that first move through the hole. Once he gets moving, he's not that bad. Hopefully he doesn't get Lamar killed the way he was "blocking" for the Jets.

Any chance he plays this week?

How do we see this backfield playing out?

I've heard he isn't going to play. Also heard that since he's not playing, Baltimore doesn't have to pay him. The NFL pays players for the playoffs, so really, Baltimore has a free roll on him. Smart.

I've heard he isn't going to play. Also heard that since he's not playing, Baltimore doesn't have to pay him. The NFL pays players for the playoffs, so really, Baltimore has a free roll on him. Smart.

Gonna be pretty hard to play in the playoffs cold with no work? No?
I don't think so. Not for a RB. If I were to guess, id bet they will give him 5 designed runs a game.

I don't think so. Not for a RB. If I were to guess, id bet they will give him 5 designed runs a game.
Its possible I'm being pessimistic, but I think he's likely behind both Gus and Hill. Might not even be active at all.

I think this was a risk free trial/insurance policy. Ala Fournette in Buffalo.

Its possible I'm being pessimistic, but I think he's likely behind both Gus and Hill. Might not even be active at all.

I think this was a risk free trial/insurance policy. Ala Fournette in Buffalo.
You could absolutely be correct. Hard to say.

Agree. He is a hedge against a fluke injury. The Ravens get to work him out for a couple of weeks and, if something freaky happens, they will activate him for their playoff game. He's behind Gordon (who has been there all season).

Agree. He is a hedge against a fluke injury. The Ravens get to work him out for a couple of weeks and, if something freaky happens, they will activate him for their playoff game. He's behind Gordon (who has been there all season).
Gotta think the second be actually puts a ravens practice jersey on he passes Gordon on the depth chart.

Gotta think the second be actually puts a ravens practice jersey on he passes Gordon on the depth chart.

I dunno, man. Ravens do things differently and Gordon did just score. Iirc, Gordon's issues in Denver had more to do with fumbles on a crappy team than physical decline. We just haven't really seen him much since they cut him.

Cook looked like he aged 10 years overnight for the Jets but he is a smart football player who can do a lot of things right and that's Ravens' football to a tee (sp?).

I dunno, man. Ravens do things differently and Gordon did just score. Iirc, Gordon's issues in Denver had more to do with fumbles on a crappy team than physical decline. We just haven't really seen him much since they cut him.

Cook looked like he aged 10 years overnight for the Jets but he is a smart football player who can do a lot of things right and that's Ravens' football to a tee (sp?).
I wouldn't say he aged overnight. he's been on a clear decline since 2021.

His base stats have been very misleading as 1200 yards at 4.5 YPC sounds solid, but he was basically breaking a couple long runs that skewed it, and his advanced stats (such as yards over expected) were well below average.

This season has been very predictable in my opinion. Cook has been a bottom-3 RB in the NFL by almost any metric, in addition to having ball control issues this season. Truth be told, on an A-F scale, at this point Cook is probably a D-.

Users who are viewing this thread