What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, DAL (3 Viewers)

I'd say yes. It seems unlikely this will resolve during this season. 
I agree, unless you'd hold for a lottery ticket. DMC has looked really good & if Zeke gets hurt, he's next man up in a pretty good offense. 

So unless there's someone much better to pick up it might be worth holding DMC as a gamble, or maybe try to deal him to the Zeke owner. 

I agree, unless you'd hold for a lottery ticket. DMC has looked really good & if Zeke gets hurt, he's next man up in a pretty good offense. 

So unless there's someone much better to pick up it might be worth holding DMC as a gamble, or maybe try to deal him to the Zeke owner. 
I'm cutting him, not because I really want to but I have an unexpected need at DB because of Hurricane Irma and at this point I like my other lottery tickets, Breida and Henry more than DMC. After Irma I'm sure I'll have DMC back in my waiver wire targets list for next week as insurance for Zeke....just because does anyone really trust Goodell to not try and f this up somehow?  

I'm cutting him, not because I really want to but I have an unexpected need at DB because of Hurricane Irma and at this point I like my other lottery tickets, Breida and Henry more than DMC. After Irma I'm sure I'll have DMC back in my waiver wire targets list for next week as insurance for Zeke....just because does anyone really trust Goodell to not try and f this up somehow?  
I get the reasoning for cutting him but as a Zeke owner if the guy in my league drops DMC (they took him in the 5th round before I could snag him) I'm picking him up the next day.

I get the reasoning for cutting him but as a Zeke owner if the guy in my league drops DMC (they took him in the 5th round before I could snag him) I'm picking him up the next day.
Which is why I'm dropping him Sunday morning so he doesn't become available on waivers until next Tuesday in the league I'm in. That day will also have teams scrambling for the one week wonders and injury replacements so there is a good chance I can pick him back up since I'm the Zeke owner and he probably won't be a priority for anyone else to pick him up barring any Zeke injury this week.

How do you know Morris won't be the guy? He's a year younger and better between the tackles. BTW, I'm one of those guys who drafted DMC in the 5th round. I'm keeping him for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know Morris won't be the guy? He's a year younger and better between the tackles. BTW, I'm one of those guys who drafted Morris in the 5th round. I'm keeping him for now.
Morris in the fifth round.  Ha ha ha.  Quit clowning.  Are you trying to finish last?

If DMC gets dropped, sure, I'll pick DMC up for free.  But I'm not one to typically handcuff.  I'd rather have a guy who might be flex worthy on his own and blow-up potential (Breida, Carson, Jamaal Williams) than to have DMC who only plays in case of injury.

Morris in the fifth round.  Ha ha ha.  Quit clowning.  Are you trying to finish last?

If DMC gets dropped, sure, I'll pick DMC up for free.  But I'm not one to typically handcuff.  I'd rather have a guy who might be flex worthy on his own and blow-up potential (Breida, Carson, Jamaal Williams) than to have DMC who only plays in case of injury.
Typo. Actually I drafted DMC in the 5th and he is likely to be the guy.

So I understand, you would pick him up just because he was drafted in the 5th round, which is pricey to begin with, but if he is just a cuff right now, I guess he is a gamble. 

I have not decided yet if I will, but things change so quick, so we will see what happens monday when the courts open. 

There is almost no chance of that.  He is too talented and their o-line is too awesome.  If he plays every game, he's a top 5 back 100%. 
It's not easy to be a top 5 back.  With a worse oline this year, I think he is right on the fringe of a top 5 back if he plays the whole season.  Nothing is a lock.

It's not easy to be a top 5 back.  With a worse oline this year, I think he is right on the fringe of a top 5 back if he plays the whole season.  Nothing is a lock.
They lost one player. Worse? Thats to be determined. 

So I understand, you would pick him up just because he was drafted in the 5th round, which is pricey to begin with, but if he is just a cuff right now, I guess he is a gamble. 

I have not decided yet if I will, but things change so quick, so we will see what happens monday when the courts open. 
In the league I own Zeke, I drafted McFad in the 8th. Barring injuries and bye wk issues I'll hold him all season

Just keep reading this quote from the Judge and cant help but thing this ruling alone opens up for a sure fire defamation lawsuit against the NFL and Goodell, and even Friel could be named. 

Judge Mazzant: "The Court finds the NFL further sought to ensure that the NFLPA and Elliott would never find out about Roberts’s opinions"

Their line shouldn't really be that much below what it was last season. Of course it's possible he under-performs (stuff happens) but there's a reason he was the concensus #3 pick before the suspension talk. 

He went in the second round (2.08) to the team picking 4th (Julio) in my draft held on 8/26 which was the week the suspension was announced. It's like he had two top four picks now - but he took the risk at the time and gets the reward.

From my understanding Leary left and one moved positions, and a rook is in place?
Collins is at RT, I believe he played LT for one season in college, the other games were at G.

He missed 13 games last yr.

Chaz Green LG I don't think has started a game as a pro

Doug Free RT retired after last season

They lost one player. Worse? Thats to be determined. 
PFF had them I believe at #1 last year, and has them at #9 this year.  They'll still be a good line, but to say they'll be as good as last year seems pretty ambitious.  Here's their take:

They’ve been the class of the league for so long, but a line can only survive so many hits. Ronald Leary and Doug Free weren’t at the caliber of Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, or Zack Martin, but they were quality players in their own right. The big question mark is La’el Collins moving to right tackle. Tackle was his more natural college position, but his below-average performance at guard isn’t too encouraging.

If he's dropped I'm picking him up even with a shallow bench.

Which is why I'm dropping him Sunday morning so he doesn't become available on waivers until next Tuesday in the league I'm in. That day will also have teams scrambling for the one week wonders and injury replacements so there is a good chance I can pick him back up since I'm the Zeke owner and he probably won't be a priority for anyone else to pick him up barring any Zeke injury this week.
I didn't realize you owned Zeke.

Still not over, waiting to see if NFL appeals or if they stop messing with the state of Texas and just let it go to trial. 

Yes they would, again are we trying to tell the courts what they can and cant do? I wouldnt recommend that.

I do not know this on my own, but I spoke to a judge friend of mine, as I have been the entire time. Different state, different laws. BUT based of his expert opinion on TROs...

The exempt list is not happening at all, if Goodell is wise...based of this judges opinion, not mine. Goodell would also be up against fines and totally putting himself in for a loss if he takes any action on Zeke for anything that is not a new event that happens after todays date. Since this case is about fairness, everything the NFL does in regards to zeke, outside of the court setting is subject to scrutiny. Judge could say he already ruled on his playing status and may fine Goodell (NFL) to reaffirm that his rulings are not to be disobeyed. Since jail isnt likely for someone breaking a retraining order in this case, financials would be crippling for a corporation for the NFL. After all, fines are meant to punish. The judge does not have to consider anything about the CBA in anyway if he so chooses, since this was about fairness and procedure, not agreements about suspensions or his crime. FWIW, the Judge I spoke to imposed a 25K penalty on Menards for jumping a TRO and then imposed a even stiffer TRO removing the person who made the decision to break it from making ANY decisions within the company until case is over. A judge can remove you from your job and responsibility if you upset him, is the moral of the story. Dont mess with the guys in the black robe, I have been saying it for pages. 

Now I am not suggesting what this judge will do, but based off his ruling and opinions from other experts who wear black robes, this is as good as I can offer. This is the same judge who told me the TRO was a slam dunk after he heard the questions the judge asked.
I realize it's far from over. I stated I am tired of them and would like to read people's thoughts on what they expect. Will he be mentally exhausted and stressed out...have a bad game. Will he be angry and beastly?

NYG are a solid run DF, but i think you're light on his rushing yards.  I've got him at 128 rushing yards.  He's gonna be running angry and DAL is going to try to stick it to the NFL and give him all the carries he can handle.
NYG had relative success against Elliot last year, had one of the best run Ds in the league, and looked to have gotten even better up front this season.  I would temper expectations from 128 rushing yards this week.

Also, I think the running angry and "trying to stick it to.." angle is overplayed.  Its the NFL.  If you're not playing with an edge to begin with then you success is gonna be limited regardless.  I'm not buying into any of that in this scenario.

PFF had them I believe at #1 last year, and has them at #9 this year.  They'll still be a good line, but to say they'll be as good as last year seems pretty ambitious.  Here's their take:

They’ve been the class of the league for so long, but a line can only survive so many hits. Ronald Leary and Doug Free weren’t at the caliber of Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, or Zack Martin, but they were quality players in their own right. The big question mark is La’el Collins moving to right tackle. Tackle was his more natural college position, but his below-average performance at guard isn’t too encouraging.
They had them at #1 before last season or they graded out as #1?  Either way, their ranking for this season is speculative.  I have respect for what PFF does but its not gospel.

Cowboys line returns 3 all pro caliber players.  They lost Free who graded out as their worst O-lineman and are replacing him with a guy who was considered a 1st round (potentially top 10) talent just 2 years ago.  This COULD be an upgrade.

Their other loss was Leary at left guard who it appears they are struggling to replace after he signed a big money deal with the Broncos.  This is a legitimate reason to believe the line may not be as good as last year but its far from a given IMO.  

Collins is at RT, I believe he played LT for one season in college, the other games were at G.

He missed 13 games last yr.

Chaz Green LG I don't think has started a game as a pro

Doug Free RT retired after last season
Green has started in games. He filled in nicely for Tryon a couple games last year. 

Free retired and Collins is taking over RT.  Collins started LG last year before hurting his toe and was replaced with Leary who left to Denver in free agency this year. So technically they lost two, but only one starter if Collins had stayed healthy, he out played Leary.  

Collins is a stud and it's only a matter of time before he is an all pro. So 4 to be all pros with the weak spot being LG witch will be filled with Green and Cooper, both average with game experience. 

Still the best OL in the league.  

The big question mark is La’el Collins moving to right tackle. Tackle was his more natural college position, but his below-average performance at guard isn’t too encouraging.
:lmao: PFF, below average performance, lol. He outplayed and won the job from Leary who just signed big money with Denver.  The question mark is left guard.  

So the guy who shared this news and has been dead on about everything, who even said the NFL will not touch the exempt list...

Says this has no shot to win, yet the NFL will try.

NFL has filed an appeal of Ezekiel Elliott's preliminary injunction.

Source: Daniel Wallach on Twitter

Sep 11 - 9:53 AM
According to him, this court does not disrespect lower courts rulings.

Daniel Wallach‏ @WALLACHLEGAL  1m1 minute ago

The Fifth Circuit’s reversal rate was only 7.2% last year (and just 7.5% in 2015). Long odds for #NFL in Elliott:

He did say the only thing that will matter from the Brady case here is that it proves NFL did not suffer irreparable harm by letting Brady play as he served suspension later. Seem sthis is just steps by the NFL to say they did what they could to affirm Goodells power until the case is heard for trial. 

He (and the line) looked beastly last night.

I think the suspension will not go into effect (and I believe it will be upheld eventually) until next season - congrats to those that took the risk in redraft.

He (and the line) looked beastly last night.

I think the suspension will not go into effect (and I believe it will be upheld eventually) until next season - congrats to those that took the risk in redraft.
I'm starting to believe this may not be held up in this case as the differences are dramatic.

Daniel Wallach‏ @WALLACHLEGAL  7m7 minutes ago

One reason why #NFL may seek an “emergency stay”: the median duration of a Fifth Circuit appeal is 8.8 months

I'm starting to believe this may not be held up in this case as the differences are dramatic.

Daniel Wallach‏ @WALLACHLEGAL  7m7 minutes ago

One reason why #NFL may seek an “emergency stay”: the median duration of a Fifth Circuit appeal is 8.8 months
There's zero reason for a court to grant that. The suspension can be put into effect later. There's no "emergency" reason for it. 

There's zero reason for a court to grant that. The suspension can be put into effect later. There's no "emergency" reason for it. 
Agree, they emergency stay motion is based on irreparable harm to the NFL if he plays, not the "facts" of the case, so its beyond an uphill fight for them. 

Are you insinuating a judge enforcing his ruling is a bad thing? Also, not all judges have appeals reversed. Are you insinuating it is OK to disrespect a judges ruling? I'm trying to understand what you mean. 
Sorry...missed this earlier.  My point was that if we screw up following a ruling a judge can toss us in jail, if a judge screws up making a ruling there's no penalty.  

Agree, they emergency stay motion is based on irreparable harm to the NFL if he plays, not the "facts" of the case, so its beyond an uphill fight for them. 
Only card they have to play is the competitive imbalance?  Maybe those teams that Zeke now gets to play against didn't make roster moves because of that?  Grasping at straws here but nothing would surprise me.

@MikeGarafolo

Our guy @SportsLawGuy believes the timeline of NFL appeal should still keep Zeke on field in 2017: "Could still take months here."

10:31 AM - Sep 11, 2017

Schefter must have got hacked. That would be way too quick to make a decision like that and nobody else is discussing it. I mean they just filed it at 9 am central. Impossible. 

Schefter must have got hacked. That would be way too quick to make a decision like that and nobody else is discussing it. I mean they just filed it at 9 am central. Impossible. 
Agree- someone screen-shot it on twitter.  Schefter deleted it for a reason.

Word to the wise of people buying nonsense, after I learned about the ESPN page hack...If Daniel Wallach doesnt tweet it, it didnt happen.

If you want news, follow him, he had that Zeke won his appeal almost 6 minutes before anyone else picked up on it. I remember sitting at dinner following him and sayin "no one else even has it yet."

He is the guy to follow, no joke.

Sorry...missed this earlier.  My point was that if we screw up following a ruling a judge can toss us in jail, if a judge screws up making a ruling there's no penalty.  
Incorrect, laws effect judges too including disbarment and removal from benches...if you knew how many complaints judges get and are investigated. My judge friend tells me angry people files complaints all the time...and Yes, you break a judges clearly you belong in jail as in my eyes you are considered uncontrollable as you think laws do not apply to you. You being rhetorical of course. 

I make a big deal about not predicting what Judges will do, however they are bound by the law and according to people on Twitter who have been dead on from the word go, they seem to think this is plain and simple...

Daniel Wallach‏ @WALLACHLEGAL  19m19 minutes ago

Bottom line on the stay issue: Elliott will never get the lost games back. There are no "time machines" in federal court. Motion denied.

Word to the wise of people buying nonsense, after I learned about the ESPN page hack...If Daniel Wallach doesnt tweet it, it didnt happen.

If you want news, follow him, he had that Zeke won his appeal almost 6 minutes before anyone else picked up on it. I remember sitting at dinner following him and sayin "no one else even has it yet."

He is the guy to follow, no joke.
anybody on twitter can be hacked. 

Back to news, this guy is the follow, if you have Zeke interest and are not following this guy, you are not doing it right.  As you see PFT and Roto are now using him as the source, Rap and Shefty too. 

Daniel Wallach‏ @WALLACHLEGAL  1m1 minute ago

BREAKING: Judge Mazzant orders expedited briefing on NFL’s emergency stay motion, with last brief due on Friday.

He also says, these will basically be the same merits that he just granted the injunction on, so why would he issue the stay. NFL lawyers just going through the motions.

Users who are viewing this thread