What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Ezekiel Elliott - RB - Buckeyes

Ohio State junior RB Ezekiel Elliott took 27 carries and turned them into 101 yards and three touchdowns in Saturday's win over Hawaii.

Strange, strange game for the Buckeyes. Dig a little deeper behind the 38-0 score and you'll see a--gasp!--struggling offense. Elliott did manage to leg out 101 yards, but he averaged a paltry 3.7 YPC on his 27 attempts. A week after busting out for an 80-yard touchdown run against Virginia Tech, his longest run versus Hawaii went for just 13 yards. The 6-foot, 225-pound junior remains one of the most electric players in college football with his fast-strong running style, but even Superman takes a break from flying on occasion. He'll try to find his groove again next week against Northern Illinois.

Sep 13 - 2:03 AM

Rotoworld:

Although some have been "underwhelmed" with Ohio State junior RB Ezekiel Elliott, CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes Elliot is "the type of back who gets stronger in the second half of the season."

The draft analyst notes that Elliot is no longer a Heisman candidate, but adds that the Ohio State prospect "has still extended his streak of 100+ yard rushing performances to nine straight." On the season, Elliot has rushed for 455 yards and five touchdowns on 77 rushing attempts, averaging 5.9 yard per carry. Look for Elliot to keep the show rolling this weekend versus the Indiana Hoosiers.

Source: CBS Sports

Sep 30 - 3:11 PM

Rotoworld:

Ohio State junior RB Ezekiel Elliott "continues to impress scouts with his dynamic running skills and big-play ability," notes NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks.

Elliott is fresh off making mincemeat of Indiana, putting up 274 rushing yards and three touchdowns on 23 carries. "While scouts are growing accustomed to seeing Elliott break off big runs in key situations, the fact that he posted three long touchdowns (55, 65 and 75 yards) in the second half of a highly competitive game not only cements his status as a clutch performer, but it could lead scouts and coaches to view him as a franchise player worth building around," Brooks wrote. The 6-foot, 225-pound junior is a potential first-rounder.

Source: NFL.com

Oct 6 - 7:42 PM

Rotoworld:

Ohio State junior RB Ezekiel Elliott has still not blown an assignment on a passing down this season.

In 50 pass blocking snaps across seven games, PFF grades his pass blocking efficiency at 100 percent. Little things like this escape the attention of the public but are highly valued when NFL teams consider prospects. That Elliott is a wunderkind with the ball in his hands helps too.

Source: Pro Football Focus

Oct 23 - 8:06 PM

Rotoworld:

Ohio State junior RB Ezekiel Elliott rushed for 142 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries in Saturday's 49-7 win over Rutgers.

Elliott's now rushed for 100 yards in all eight of Ohio State's games during the 2015 campaign. He entered the fourth quarter at just 87 yards, but the 6-foot, 225-pound junior proceeded to bust out for a 55-yard touchdown run to jump him over the century mark and preserve his sweet, sweet streak. For the season, Elliott's rushed for 1,130 yards with 13 scores. Barring injury or abrupt drop in production, there's a decent chance that he'll be flying to New York as a Top-5 Heisman candidate in two months.

Oct 25 - 12:51 AM

Got to see a lot of his game today and Zeke looked good:

- 27 carries

- 181 yards

- 6.7 yards per carry

- 2 TDs

Also on the year he has posted solid numbers.

--------------

.Justin Higdon@afc2nfc 1m1 minute ago

Ezekiel Elliott now up to 1425 yards on 220 carries (6.5 yards per carry) and 16 TDs in 10 games this season

--------------

Not sure of the other RBs in this class but Ezekiel Elliot looks like he could very-well be a first round RB next year.

Zeke struggling today in heavy rain with no passing attack and poor blocking.

So-far in the third quarter.

- 13 carries

- 34 yards

- 2.9 yards per carry

Zeke struggling today in heavy rain with no passing attack and poor blocking.

So-far in the third quarter.

- 13 carries

- 34 yards

- 2.9 yards per carry
He's play well for two seasons with no QB, one game out of 20 against a solid defense................I'll take it.

Tex

Rotoworld:

Ohio State junior RB Ezekiel Elliott "offers a pro-ready package of vision, power and burst as a runner," writes CBS Sports' Rob Rang.

Elliott announced after Saturday's loss to Michigan State that he'll enter the NFL Draft. He's been ranked as the top RB in the country by CBS all year long. He's also our top-ranked draft-eligible RB. Elliott does it all. Since we've talked about that a lot, lets point out one aspect of his game that is underrated and often not mentioned: Elliott is elite in pass protection, which the NFL will value quite a bit.

Nov 22 - 12:14 PM

Rotoworld:

Ohio State junior RB Ezekiel Elliott "offers a pro-ready package of vision, power and burst as a runner," writes CBS Sports' Rob Rang.

Elliott announced after Saturday's loss to Michigan State that he'll enter the NFL Draft. He's been ranked as the top RB in the country by CBS all year long. He's also our top-ranked draft-eligible RB. Elliott does it all. Since we've talked about that a lot, lets point out one aspect of his game that is underrated and often not mentioned: Elliott is elite in pass protection, which the NFL will value quite a bit.

Nov 22 - 12:14 PM
He makes some very impressive blocks.

Diva comments. Not a good look for Zeke. Gotta learn to take the L, son. There will be a lot more of them in your future.

Diva comments. Not a good look for Zeke. Gotta learn to take the L, son. There will be a lot more of them in your future.
I think it was more than the lost, it was how they lost. The coaching staff have been very indecisive all year nearly costing them games. I thought they should have lost a few other games this year but talent won out regardless of the horrible play calling.

Tex

Shouldn't have made those comments but I LOL at everyone who slams him because of them. Go ahead and move him down on your boards, please. Zeke will learn, he has been a class act his entire career at OSU and was very emotional last game in what was his last time playing in The Shoe. Never a reason to say that stuff to the media but I will say, it was the worst called game offensively I've ever witnessed. No excuse to say it, but he will learn. Call him a diva or baby or whatever you wish, but just don't be surprised when he isn't the guy you thought he was. Yes, this coming from a guy with Zeke as his profile pic haha.

:lol: at people getting upset because a player said the truth. Give me a break.

Why are people so sensitive? Meyer coached that game so poorly he deserved a player saying for what it is worth.

:lol: at people getting upset because a player said the truth. Give me a break.

Why are people so sensitive? Meyer coached that game so poorly he deserved a player saying for what it is worth.
I'm not going to move him down based on his comments but they were certainly in poor taste/judgement. He's a kid who made a mistake by allowing his emotions get the better of him after a loss. Big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, 9 of his 12 carries came on ONE drive. It was the worst play calling I may have ever seen in an OSU game and that includes a lot of catastrophe Tressel ball. They've done this bull #### all year where on the first and second drive Zeke doesn't touch the ball, he had one carry the first two drives against MSU. Zeke IS the offense and yet here they are playing cute all game, all season. Of course he's frustrated. He's the lead horse and they think they can operate without him. They buried themselves that game and Meyer knows it, Bosa knows it, Zeke knows it and Tim Beck better well know it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously? This will hurt him in the draft? It's not like he stole some crab legs from the supermarket, has sexual assault charges filed against him, and stole soda from a Burger King. Now those things would hurt his draft................ :sarcasm:

Guys, 9 of his 12 carries came on ONE drive. It was the worst play calling I may have ever seen in an OSU game and that includes a lot of catastrophe Tressel ball. They've done this bull #### all year where on the first and second drive Zeke doesn't touch the ball, he had one carry the first two drives against MSU. Zeke IS the offense and yet here they are playing cute all game, all season. Of course he's frustrated. He's the lead horse and they think they can operate without him. They buried themselves that game and Meyer knows it, Bosa knows it, Zeke knows it and Tim Beck better well know it.
Yes, it was atrocious.

Bingo

That scout said that Zeke was better than Gordon, I agree but still hope he land in Cowboy Country.

Tex

He's having a great game against a really good run defense. He's stepping up in a big game.

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread